Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Making Vigil and speaking the names of those killed in Boulder Colorado!





Good Evening Dear Ones!

Let us make vigil in loving memory of those who were killed in the mass shooting in Boulder Colorado. Let us spend time lighting our virtual candles, reading psalms, and lessons appointed for a vigil in Enriching Our Worship 3. So let us begin.

I am Resurrection and I am Life, says the Lord.

Whoever has faith in me shall have life,
even though he die.
And everyone who has life,
and has committed himself to me in faith,
shall not die for ever.

As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives
and that at the last he will stand upon the earth.
After my awaking, he will raise me up;
and in my body I shall see God.
I myself shall see, and my eyes behold him
who is my friend and not a stranger.

For none of us has life in himself,
and none becomes his own master when he dies.
For if we have life, we are alive in the Lord,
and if we die, we die in the Lord.
So, then, whether we live or die,
we are the Lord's possession.

Happy from now on
are those who die in the Lord!
So it is, says the Spirit,
for they rest from their labors.

Let us speak the names of the the Boulder shooting victims as a group and then pray for them singly following each lesson.

Denny Strong, 20

Neven Stanisic, 23

Rikki Olds, 25

Tralona Bartkowiak, 49

Suzanne Fountain, 59

Teri Leiker, 51

Officer Eric Talley, 51

Kevin Mahoney, 61

Lynn Murray, 62

Jody Waters, 65

Opening Antiphon

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death, and giving life to those in the tomb. 

Antiphon Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” Alleluia.



4 Cum invocarem

1 Answer me when I call, O God, defender of my cause; *
you set me free when I am hard-pressed;
have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

2 "You mortals, how long will you dishonor my glory; *
how long will you worship dumb idols
and run after false gods?"

3 Know that the LORD does wonders for the faithful; *
when I call upon the LORD, he will hear me.

4 Tremble, then, and do not sin; *
speak to your heart in silence upon your bed.

5 Offer the appointed sacrifices *
and put your trust in the LORD.

6 Many are saying,
"Oh, that we might see better times!" *
Lift up the light of your countenance upon us, O LORD.

7 You have put gladness in my heart, *
more than when grain and wine and oil increase.

8 I lie down in peace; at once I fall asleep; *
for only you, LORD, make me dwell in safety.


Isaiah 25:6-9

6 On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples
    a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wines,
    of rich food filled with marrow, of well-aged wines strained clear.
7 And he will destroy on this mountain
    the shroud that is cast over all peoples,
    the sheet that is spread over all nations;
8     he will swallow up death forever.
Then the Lord God will wipe away the tears from all faces,
    and the disgrace of his people he will take away from all the earth,
    for the Lord has spoken.
9 It will be said on that day,
    Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, so that he might save us.
    This is the Lord for whom we have waited;
    let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

We light our first candle and speak the name of  Denny Strong, 20
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon : God led the people forth with gladness; God’s chosen ones with shouts of joy. Alleluia.

22    Deus, Deus meu
 
1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? *
    and are so far from my cry
    and from the words of my distress?
 
2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you do not answer; *
    by night as well, but I find no rest.
 
3 Yet you are the Holy One, *
    enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
 
4 Our forefathers put their trust in you; *
    they trusted, and you delivered them.
 
5 They cried out to you and were delivered; *
    they trusted in you and were not put to shame.
 
6 But as for me, I am a worm and no man, *
    scorned by all and despised by the people.
 
7 All who see me laugh me to scorn; *
    they curl their lips and wag their heads, saying,
 
8 "He trusted in the LORD; let him deliver him; *
    let him rescue him, if he delights in him."
 
9 Yet you are he who took me out of the womb, *
    and kept me safe upon my mother's breast.
 
10 I have been entrusted to you ever since I was born; *
     you were my God when I was still in my
                             mother's womb.
 
11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near, *
    and there is none to help.

12 Many young bulls encircle me; *
    strong bulls of Bashan surround me.
 
13 They open wide their jaws at me, *
    like a ravening and a roaring lion.
 
14 I am poured out like water;
all my bones are out of joint; *
    my heart within my breast is melting wax.
 
15 My mouth is dried out like a pot-sherd;
my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; *
    and you have laid me in the dust of the grave.
 
16 Packs of dogs close me in,
and gangs of evildoers circle around me; *
    they pierce my hands and my feet;
    I can count all my bones.
 
17 They stare and gloat over me; *
    they divide my garments among them;
    they cast lots for my clothing.
 
18 Be not far away, O LORD; *
    you are my strength; hasten to help me.
 
19 Save me from the sword, *
    my life from the power of the dog.
 
20 Save me from the lion's mouth, *
    my wretched body from the horns of wild bulls.
 
21 I will declare your Name to my brethren; *
    in the midst of the congregation I will praise you.
 
22 Praise the LORD, you that fear him; *
    stand in awe of him, O offspring of Israel;
    all you of Jacob's line, give glory.
23 For he does not despise nor abhor the poor in their poverty;
neither does he hide his face from them; *
    but when they cry to him he hears them.
 
24 My praise is of him in the great assembly; *
    I will perform my vows in the presence of those who
                             worship him.
 
25 The poor shall eat and be satisfied,
and those who seek the LORD shall praise him: *
    "May your heart live for ever!"
 
26 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to
                             the LORD, *
    and all the families of the nations bow before him.
 
27 For kingship belongs to the LORD; *
    he rules over the nations.
 
28 To him alone all who sleep in the earth bow down
                             in worship; *
    all who go down to the dust fall before him.
 
29 My soul shall live for him;
my descendants shall serve him; *
    they shall be known as the LORD'S for ever.
 
30 They shall come and make known to a people yet unborn *
    the saving deeds that he has done.

Isaiah 61:1-3
 
The Good News of Deliverance
61 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
    because the Lord has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,
    to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and release to the prisoners;
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
    and the day of vengeance of our God;
    to comfort all who mourn;
3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion—
    to give them a garland instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
    the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    the planting of the Lord, to display his glory.

We light our second  candle and speak the name of Neven Stanisic, 23.
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon I know that my Redeemer lives, and shall stand at the last day upon the earth. Alleluia

31    In te, Domine, speravi
 
1 In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame; *
    deliver me in your righteousness.
 
2 Incline your ear to me; *
    make haste to deliver me.
 
3 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for you are my crag and my stronghold; *
    for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me.
 
4 Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, *
    for you are my tower of strength.
 
5 Into your hands I commend my spirit, *
    for you have redeemed me,
    O LORD, O God of truth.
 
6 I hate those who cling to worthless idols, *
    and I put my trust in the LORD.
 
7 I will rejoice and be glad because of your mercy; *
    for you have seen my affliction;
    you know my distress.

Lamentations 3:22-26
New Revised Standard Version
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,[a]
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul that seeks him.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.

New Revised Standard Version
31 For the Lord will not
    reject forever.
32 Although he causes grief, he will have compassion
    according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
33 for he does not willingly afflict
    or grieve anyone.

We light our third candle and speak the name of  Rikki Olds, 25.
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon This Jesus, God raised up, and of that we are witnesses. Alleluia

 
41    Beatus qui intelligit
 
1 Happy are they who consider the poor and needy! *
    the LORD will deliver them in the time of trouble.

2 The LORD preserves them and keeps them alive,
so that they may be happy in the land; *
    he does not hand them over to the will of their enemies.
 
3 The LORD sustains them on their sickbed *
    and ministers to them in their illness.
 
4 I said, "LORD, be merciful to me; *
    heal me, for I have sinned against you."
 
5 My enemies are saying wicked things about me: *
    When will he die, and his name perish?"
 
6 Even if they come to see me, they speak empty words; *
    their heart collects false rumors;
    they go outside and spread them.
 
7 All my enemies whisper together about me *
    and devise evil against me.
 
8 "A deadly thing," they say, "has fastened on him; *
    he has taken to his bed and will never get up again."
 
9 Even my best friend, whom I trusted,
who broke bread with me, *
    has lifted up his heel and turned against me.
 
10 But you, O LORD, be merciful to me and raise me up, *
    and I shall repay them.
 
11 By this I know you are pleased with me, *
    that my enemy does not triumph over me.
 
12 In my integrity you hold me fast, *
    and shall set me before your face for ever.
 
13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, *
    from age to age. Amen. Amen.

Wisdom 3:1-5,9

The Destiny of the Righteous
3 But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of God,
and no torment will ever touch them.
2 In the eyes of the foolish they seemed to have died,
and their departure was thought to be a disaster,
3 and their going from us to be their destruction;
but they are at peace.
4 For though in the sight of others they were punished,
their hope is full of immortality.
5 Having been disciplined a little, they will receive great good,
because God tested them and found them worthy of himself;
9 Those who trust in him will understand truth,
and the faithful will abide with him in love,
because grace and mercy are upon his holy ones,
and he watches over his elect.

We light our fourth candle and speak the name of  Tralona Bartkowiak, 49
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.




Antiphon Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Savior Jesus Christ. Alleluia.

57    Miserere mei, Deus
 
1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful,
for I have taken refuge in you; *
    in the shadow of your wings will I take refuge
    until this time of trouble has gone by.
 
2 I will call upon the Most High God, *
    the God who maintains my cause.
 
3 He will send from heaven and save me;
he will confound those who trample upon me; *
    God will send forth his love and his faithfulness.


4 I lie in the midst of lions that devour the people; *
    their teeth are spears and arrows,
    their tongue a sharp sword.
 
5 They have laid a net for my feet,
and I am bowed low; *
    they have dug a pit before me,
    but have fallen into it themselves.
 
6 Exalt yourself above the heavens, O God, *
    and your glory over all the earth.
 
7 My heart is firmly fixed, O God, my heart is fixed; *
    I will sing and make melody.
 
8 Wake up, my spirit;
awake, lute and harp; *
    I myself will waken the dawn.
 
9 I will confess you among the peoples, O LORD; *
    I will sing praise to you among the nations.
 
10 For your loving-kindness is greater than the heavens, *
    and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
 
11 Exalt yourself above the heavens, O God, *
    and your glory over all the earth.

Job 19:21-27
New Revised Standard Version
21 Have pity on me, have pity on me, O you my friends,
    for the hand of God has touched me!
22 Why do you, like God, pursue me,
    never satisfied with my flesh?

23 “O that my words were written down!
    O that they were inscribed in a book!
24 O that with an iron pen and with lead
    they were engraved on a rock forever!
25 For I know that my Redeemer[a] lives,
    and that at the last he[b] will stand upon the earth;[c]
26 and after my skin has been thus destroyed,
    then in[d] my flesh I shall see God,[e]
27 whom I shall see on my side,[f]
    and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
    My heart faints within me!



We light our fifth candle and speak the name of  Suzanne Fountain, 59
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon When Christ, who is our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Alleluia

71    In te, Domine, speravi
 
1 In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge; *
    let me never be ashamed.
 
2 In your righteousness, deliver me and set me free; *
    incline your ear to me and save me.
 
3 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe; *
    you are my crag and my stronghold.
 
4 Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, *
    from the clutches of the evildoer and the oppressor.
 
5 For you are my hope, O LORD God, *
    my confidence since I was young.
 
6 I have been sustained by you ever since I was born;
from my mother's womb you have been my strength; *
    my praise shall be always of you.
 
7 I have become a portent to many; *
    but you are my refuge and my strength.
 
8 Let my mouth be full of your praise *
    and your glory all the day long.
 
9 Do not cast me off in my old age; *
    forsake me not when my strength fails.
 
10 For my enemies are talking against me, *
    and those who lie in wait for my life take counsel together.
 
11 They say, "God has forsaken him;
go after him and seize him; *
    because there is none who will save."
12 O God, be not far from me; *
    come quickly to help me, O my God.
 
13 Let those who set themselves against me be put to shame and
                             be disgraced; *
    let those who seek to do me evil be covered with scorn
                             and reproach.
 
14 But I shall always wait in patience, *
    and shall praise you more and more.
 
15 My mouth shall recount your mighty acts
and saving deeds all day long; *
    though I cannot know the number of them.
 
16 I will begin with the mighty works of the Lord GOD; *
    I will recall your righteousness, yours alone.
 
17 O God, you have taught me since I was young, *
    and to this day I tell of your wonderful works.
 
18 And now that I am old and gray-headed, O God, do not
                             forsake me, *
    till I make known your strength to this generation
    and your power to all who are to come.
 
19 Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens; *
    you have done great things;
    who is like you, O God?
 
20 You have showed me great troubles and adversities, *
    but you will restore my life
    and bring me up again from the deep places of the earth.
 
21 You strengthen me more and more; *
    you enfold and comfort me,

22 Therefore I will praise you upon the lyre for your
                             faithfulness, O my God; *
    I will sing to you with the harp, O Holy One of Israel.
 
23 My lips will sing with joy when I play to you, *
    and so will my soul, which you have redeemed.
 
24 My tongue will proclaim your righteousness all day long, *
    for they are ashamed and disgraced who sought
                             to do me harm.

Romans 8:14-19,34-35,37-39

New Revised Standard Version
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba![a] Father!” 16 it is that very Spirit bearing witness[b] with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ—if, in fact, we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.

Future Glory
18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed to us. 19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God;

34 Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us.[a] 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We light our sixth candle and speak the name of  Teri Leiker, 51.
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.




Antiphon Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one; I died and behold, I am alive for evermore. Alleluia

88    Domine, Deus
 
1 O LORD, my God, my Savior, *
    by day and night I cry to you.
 
2 Let my prayer enter into your presence; *
    incline your ear to my lamentation.
 
3 For I am full of trouble; *
    my life is at the brink of the grave.
 
4 I am counted among those who go down to the Pit; *
    I have become like one who has no strength;
 
5 Lost among the dead, *
    like the slain who lie in the grave,
 
6 Whom you remember no more, *
    for they are cut off from your hand.
 
7 You have laid me in the depths of the Pit, *
    in dark places, and in the abyss.
 
8 Your anger weighs upon me heavily, *
    and all your great waves overwhelm me.
 
9 You have put my friends far from me;
you have made me to be abhorred by them; *
    I am in prison and cannot get free.
 
10 My sight has failed me because of trouble; *
    LORD, I have called upon you daily;
    I have stretched out my hands to you.
 
11 Do you work wonders for the dead? *
    will those who have died stand up and give you thanks?
 
12 Will your loving-kindness be declared in the grave? *
    your faithfulness in the land of destruction?
13 Will your wonders be known in the dark? *
    or your righteousness in the country where all
                             is forgotten?
 
14 But as for me, O LORD, I cry to you for help; *
    in the morning my prayer comes before you.
 
15 LORD, why have you rejected me? *
    why have you hidden your face from me?
 
16 Ever since my youth, I have been wretched and at the
                             point of death; *
    I have borne your terrors with a troubled mind.
 
17 Your blazing anger has swept over me; *
    your terrors have destroyed me;
 
18 They surround me all day long like a flood; *
    they encompass me on every side.
 
19 My friend and my neighbor you have put away from me, *
    and darkness is my only companion.
 
1 Corinthians 15:20-26,35-38,
New Revised Standard Version
20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died.[a] 21 For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; 22 for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end,[b] when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, after he has destroyed every ruler and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
The Resurrection Body
35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 Fool! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And as for what you sow, you do not sow the body that is to be, but a bare seed, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.
42 So it is with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.
53 For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:

“Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved,[a] be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

We light our seventh candle and speak the name of  Officer Eric Talley, 51
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon The Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of living water. Alleluia.

 101    Misericordiam et judicium
 
1 I will sing of mercy and justice; *
    to you, O LORD, will I sing praises.
 
2 I will strive to follow a blameless course;
oh, when will you come to me? *
    I will walk with sincerity of heart within my house.
 
3 I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; *
    I hate the doers of evil deeds;
    they shall not remain with me.
 
4 A crooked heart shall be far from me; *
    I will not know evil.
 
5 Those who in secret slander their neighbors I will destroy; *
    those who have a haughty look and a proud
                             heart I cannot abide.
 
6 My eyes are upon the faithful in the land, that they may
                             dwell with me, *
    and only those who lead a blameless life shall
                             be my servants.
 
7 Those who act deceitfully shall not dwell in my house, *
    and those who tell lies shall not continue in my sight.
 
8 I will soon destroy all the wicked in the land, *
    that I may root out all evildoers from the city of the LORD.

2 Corinthians 4:16-5:9
New Revised Standard Version
Living by Faith
16 So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. 17 For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, 18 because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.

5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling— 3 if indeed, when we have taken it off[a] we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan under our burden, because we wish not to be unclothed but to be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always confident; even though we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord— 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we do have confidence, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.

We light our eighth candle and speak the name of  Kevin Mahoney, 61
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon My sheep hear my voice, and I give them eternal life. Alleluia.

115    Non nobis, Domine
 
1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us,
but to your Name give glory; *
    because of your love and because of your faithfulness.
 
2 Why should the heathen say, *
    "Where then is their God?"
 
3 Our God is in heaven; *
    whatever he wills to do he does.
 
4 Their idols are silver and gold, *
    the work of human hands.
 
5 They have mouths, but they cannot speak; *
    eyes have they, but they cannot see;
 
6 They have ears but they cannot hear; *
    noses, but they cannot smell;
7 They have hands, but they cannot feel;
feet, but they cannot walk; *
    they make no sound with their throat.
 
8 Those who make them are like them, *
    and so are all who put their trust in them.
 
9 O Israel, trust in the LORD; *
    he is their help and their shield.
 
10 O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD; *
    he is their help and their shield.
 
11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; *
    he is their help and their shield.
 
12 The LORD has been mindful of us, and he will bless us; *
    he will bless the house of Israel;
    he will bless the house of Aaron;
 
13 He will bless those who fear the LORD, *
    both small and great together.
 
14 May the LORD increase you more and more, *
    you and your children after you.
 
15 May you be blessed by the LORD, *
    the maker of heaven and earth.
 
16 The heaven of heavens is the LORD'S, *
    but he entrusted the earth to its peoples.
 
17 The dead do not praise the LORD, *
    nor all those who go down into silence;
 
18 But we will bless the LORD, *
    from this time forth for evermore.
    Hallelujah!

1 John 3:1-2
New Revised Standard Version
3 1 See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when he[a] is revealed, we will be like him, for we will see him as he is.

Jody Waters, 65
We light our ninth candle and speak the name of Lynn Murray, 62
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.



Antiphon Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb. Alleluia.

121    Levavi oculos
 
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills; *
    from where is my help to come?
 
2 My help comes from the LORD, *
    the maker of heaven and earth.
 
3 He will not let your foot be moved *
    and he who watches over you will not fall asleep.
 
4 Behold, he who keeps watch over Israel *
    shall neither slumber nor sleep;
 
5 The LORD himself watches over you; *
    the LORD is your shade at your right hand,
 
6 So that the sun shall not strike you by day, *
    nor the moon by night.
 
7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; *
    it is he who shall keep you safe.
 
8 The LORD shall watch over your going out and
                             your coming in, *
    from this time forth for evermore.

Revelation 7:9-17
New Revised Standard Version
The Multitude from Every Nation
9 After this I looked, and there was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, robed in white, with palm branches in their hands. 10 They cried out in a loud voice, saying,

“Salvation belongs to our God who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

11 And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 singing,

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom
and thanksgiving and honor
and power and might
be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, robed in white, and where have they come from?” 14 I said to him, “Sir, you are the one that knows.” Then he said to me, “These are they who have come out of the great ordeal; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 For this reason they are before the throne of God,
    and worship him day and night within his temple,
    and the one who is seated on the throne will shelter them.
16 They will hunger no more, and thirst no more;
    the sun will not strike them,
    nor any scorching heat;
17 for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd,
    and he will guide them to springs of the water of life,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”


We light our tenth candle and speak the name of  Jody Waters, 65
Let Light Perpetual Shine upon the beloved child of God.




The Lord’s Prayer with forms from A New Zealand Prayer Book.

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.

For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.

or this

Eternal Spirit,
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven:

The hallowing of your name echo through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world!
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings!
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.

With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.

For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and for ever.    Amen.

Collect:
O God, who by the glorious resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ
destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light: Grant
that your servants being raised with him, may know the
strength of his presence, and rejoice in his eternal glory; who with
you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and
ever. Amen.


For a death by violence
O God our Vindicator, come speedily to our help. Receive the
soul of N., your child, into the arms of your mercy, and deliver
his/her assailant to justice, that your holy Law may be served,
and your peace renewed; through Jesus our Savior. Amen.

For Survivors of Abuse and Violence
Holy One, you do not distance yourself from the pain of your
people, but in Jesus bear that pain with us and bless all who suffer
at others’ hands. Hallow our flesh and all creation; with your
cleansing love bring healing and strength to N.; and by your
justice, lift her/him up, that in the body you have given her/him,
she/he may again rejoice. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

In Times of Personal Distress
Lord Christ, you came into the world as one of us, and suffered
as we do. As we go through the trials of life, help us to realize
that you are with us at all times and in all things; that we have
no secrets from you; and that your loving grace enfolds us for
eternity. In the security of your embrace we pray. Amen.

For Those Who Mourn
Merciful God, whose Son Jesus wept at the death of Lazarus:
look with compassion on all who are bound by sorrow and pain
through the death of N., a loved one. Comfort them, grant them
the conviction that all things work together for good to those who
love you, and help them to find sure trust and confidence in your
resurrection power; through Jesus Christ our deliverer. Amen.


For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.

For Social Justice

Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so
move every human heart [and especially the hearts of the
people of this land], that barriers which divide us may
crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease; that our
divisions being healed, we may live in justice and peace;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For a Person in Trouble or Bereavement

O merciful Father, who hast taught us in thy holy Word that
thou dost not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men:
Look with pity upon the sorrows of thy servant for whom
our prayers are offered. Remember him, O Lord, in mercy,
nourish his soul with patience, comfort him with a sense of
thy goodness, lift up thy countenance upon him, and give
him peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

May the God of peace, who brought again from the dead our
Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of
the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you
may do his will, working in you that which is pleasing in his
sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and
ever.    Hebrews 13:20-21

Rest eternal grant to them, O Lord;
And let light perpetual shine upon them.

May their souls, and the souls of all the departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

+++++

Good Night Dear Ones we will return to the traditional format tomorrow. I love you.

Be Love and Light!

Sara

Resources:
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Bible Gateway
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching Our Worship Vols.2 and 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment