Monday, August 27, 2018

Finding holy balance: Physically, Mentally, Spiritually, and at work, rest, and play!




Good Evening Dear Ones!

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well. I had a wonderful day on the walking trail and know when to rest. I had the opportunity to attend another meeting tonight and really wanted to go but as I said on FB:
My body told me that I needed to stay home tonight and rest my legs! I'm glad that I'm My body told me that I needed to stay home tonight and rest my legs! I'm glad that I'm listening!!

This is what we are earnestly going to reflect upon this week. How we can stop the Energizer Bunny routine and stop the glorification of busy. Our lives need to find balance  in our work, spiritual lives, and physically. Balancing everything that we do is difficult but it can be done. Tonight let us write down our activity log and pray how we can do better and certainly not worse. Take your time and then return here for our time of prayer, holding vigil, and meditating on God's Holy and abiding Word.

Before we begin, I found this from a blog that I wrote 3 years ago it is really on the mark!

A Simple Self and Spiritual  Care Check List to Add to the Self-Care Guide


Have I said hello to God this morning?

Have I eaten breakfast?

When was the last time I hydrated? 8- 8 oz. are encouraged.

Have I gotten up and moved around the cabin- Just stood up and walked around and didn't fall into the sedentary trap. 

Did I exercise for 30 to 60 minutes a day?

Did I talk to God but more importantly did I listen?

Did I eat lunch?

Did I I have more fluids?

Did I have my meditation and prayer time?

Did I eat dinner?

Did I unplug and go of the grid early enough to get sufficient rest?

Did I remember to take my medications if any properly?

These are just a few, you may add your own.

For those of you who need a reminder of You Matter Monday's self-care guide here it is:

Monday- You Matter Monday
Take time to start the week out right by being kind to yourselves.
Practice loving yourself.
Do a mediation of your choice.
Go for a walk if your body is telling you to do so.
Exercise your mind.


Practice our Mindfulness exercises and breathing:
It is simply this we start with our breathing exercises using this format:

Inhale the Holy Spirit.
Exhale Love.

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Now repeat the following 3 times;

Be Still and Know That I am God.
Be Still and Know
Be Still 
Be


Now get out some kind of timer, mindfulness app, or music and set them for 5 minutes when you begin. Then close your eyes and be silent. If the music goes long don't worry that will lead you into our time of prayer and thanksgiving. 

I will honor what my body and God is telling me to do.
I will honor what my body and God is telling me.
I will honor God and my body.
I will honor God.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Lather, rinse, repeat 2x more!

Here are quotes on Sabbath!

"Sabbath is that uncluttered time and space in which we can distance ourselves from our own activities enough to see what God is doing." - Eugene H. Peterson

"Those who participate in [sabbath] break the anxiety cycle. They are invited to awareness that life does not consist in frantic production and consumption that reduces everyone else to threat and competition." - Walter Brueggemann

"If you don't take a Sabbath, something is wrong. You're doing too much, you're being too much in charge. You've got to quit, one day a week, and just watch what God is doing when you're not doing anything." - Eugene H. Peterson

"On the Sabbath- we are reminded that we are not human doings, but human beings." - Rob Bell

"Sabbath is not simply the pause that refreshes. It is the pause that transforms." - Walter Brueggemann

Let everything that has life,
let everything that has breath
give all the glory and honour
and praise to the One who
overcame death.
Let every living thing
sing of the mercies of our God.
Let us exalt Him wherever we live
with thanksgiving and joy
in our hearts.

If we don’t praise Him,
the mountains will.
If we don’t exalt Him,
the rocks will cry out
in our stead,
‘God is not dead!’

Let every living thing
sing of the mercies of our God.
Let us exalt Him wherever we live
with thanksgiving and joy
in our hearts.

Lawrence Chewning

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days


Hail, gladdening Light, of God’s pure glory poured, 
Who is the immortal Father, heavenly, blest, 
Holiest of holies, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Now we are come to the sun’s hour of rest, 
The lights of evening round us shine, 
We hymn the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit divine.

Worthiest art thou at all times to be sung, 
With undefilèd tongue, 
Son of our God, Giver of life, alone! 
Therefore in all the world thy glories, Lord, they own.
You call us from our settled ways, O God,

out of old habits and rutted traditions.


You call us into the land of promise,

to new life and new possibilities.

Make us strong to travel the road ahead.

Deliver us from false security and comfort,

desire for ease and uninvolved days.


Let your Word and Spirit dwell in us

that your will may be fulfilled in us

for the well-being and shalom of all. Amen.

- Mozarabic Prayer 700 C.E.





God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.


25 Ad te, Domine, levavi
1 To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul;
my God, I put my trust in you; *
let me not be humiliated,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

2 Let none who look to you be put to shame; *
let the treacherous be disappointed in their schemes.

3 Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

4 Lead me in your truth and teach me, *
for you are the God of my salvation;
in you have I trusted all the day long.

5 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and love, *
for they are from everlasting.

6 Remember not the sins of my youth and my transgressions; *
remember me according to your love
and for the sake of your goodness, O Lord.

7 Gracious and upright is the Lord; *
therefore he teaches sinners in his way.

8 He guides the humble in doing right *
and teaches his way to the lowly.

9 All the paths of the Lord are love and faithfulness *
to those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

10 For your Name's sake, O Lord, *
forgive my sin, for it is great.

11 Who are they who fear the Lord? *
he will teach them the way that they should choose.

12 They shall dwell in prosperity, *
and their offspring shall inherit the land.

13 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him *
and will show them his covenant.

14 My eyes are ever looking to the Lord, *
for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
  


15 Turn to me and have pity on me, *
for I am left alone and in misery.

16 The sorrows of my heart have increased; *
bring me out of my troubles.

17 Look upon my adversity and misery *
and forgive me all my sin.

18 Look upon my enemies, for they are many, *
and they bear a violent hatred against me.

19 Protect my life and deliver me; *
let me not be put to shame, for I have trusted in you.

20 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, *
for my hope has been in you.

21 Deliver Israel, O God, *
out of all his troubles.


The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever


Isaiah 35:3-6




3 Strengthen the weak hands,
   and make firm the feeble knees. 
4 Say to those who are of a fearful heart,
   ‘Be strong, do not fear!
Here is your God.
   He will come with vengeance,
with terrible recompense.
   He will come and save you.’ 

5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
   and the ears of the deaf unstopped; 
6 then the lame shall leap like a deer,
   and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness,
   and streams in the desert;

A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit
Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21

Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors *
a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, *
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.

To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, *
and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day *
and a blaze of stars by night.

She brought them across the Red Sea, *
she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss.

And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, *
and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people.


2 Thessalonians 1:3-4

Thanksgiving

3 We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters,* as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. 4Therefore we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith during all your persecutions and the afflictions that you are enduring.

A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11

Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.

Mark 7:32-37

32They brought to him a deaf man who had an impediment in his speech; and they begged him to lay his hand on him. 33He took him aside in private, away from the crowd, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spat and touched his tongue. 34Then looking up to heaven, he sighed and said to him, ‘Ephphatha’, that is, ‘Be opened.’ 35And immediately his ears were opened, his tongue was released, and he spoke plainly. 36Then Jesus* ordered them to tell no one; but the more he ordered them, the more zealously they proclaimed it. 37They were astounded beyond measure, saying, ‘He has done everything well; he even makes the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.’


A Song of Our True Nature
Julian of Norwich

Christ revealed our frailty and our falling, *
our trespasses and our humiliations.
Christ also revealed his blessed power, *
his blessed wisdom and love.
He protects us as tenderly and as sweetly when we are in greatest need; *
he raises us in spirit
and turns everything to glory and joy without ending.
God is the ground and the substance, the very essence of nature;
*
God is the true father and mother of natures.
We are all bound to God by nature, *
and we are all bound to God by grace.
And this grace is for all the world, *
because it is our precious mother, Christ.
For this fair nature was prepared by Christ
for the honor and nobility of all, *
and for the joy and bliss of salvation.


O Loving God, whose will it is that everyone should come to you and be saved: We bless your holy Name for your servants Thomas Gallaudet and Henry Winter Syle, and we pray that you will continually move your Church to respond in love to the needs of all people; through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.



Prayers for today


Holy Spirit, May we be awakened and be fit to serve you where ever you call us to be. 

Holy Spirit ,we Pray for all who prepared for and Participated in Sabbath observances that they may find rest. 


Holy Spirit, empower us to speak and practice peace in every step that we take on our journey with You, Jesus, and God our Creator and loving Parent.

Holy Spirit, Give us tender hearts to care for all of our family members. We remember that our family members are our enemies too and that we are our enemies keepers ,who are our brothers and sisters as well.

Holy Spirit, channel our energies to help make our local, state, national, and international neighborhoods places of safety,  justice, peace, kindness,mercy, and love.

Holy Spirit, surround all those who are grieving any loss but most especially loved ones, and friends. your Holy Comfort. 

Holy Spirit, enliven us so that we may let go and let loose and have times in which to dance, sing, and be joyful with hearts and hands that are uplifted in praise and in community.

May we offer our prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and  celebrations to you Jesus with our voices or in the quietness of our hearts. 

May we rest gentle in your arms and awaken with joyful and loving hearts.


St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.


For whom and what shall we pray?

God we pray that we may de-clutter all the junk that is hindering our relationship with you and our families?
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray for an end to all the junk that divides us and fails to unite us.
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray that we might find our reliance upon you and not things and earthly possessions. 

God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray for an end to all forms of violence that there may be peace on the the Earth.
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray for all who are ill and in need of healing of bodies, minds, and spirits remembering especially _______________
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray for an end to _________________

God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray for the conservation of God's Cathedral of Life.
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer

God we pray and give thanks for __________________
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


God we pray that the leaders of the nations and especially here at home may realize their duty is to lead and care for the least of these no matter who they are. We pray that they may truly practice and live by the words "Liberty and Justice for all!".

God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer

God we lift up these our prayers to you O God.
God in your mercy,
Hear our prayer


Matthew 5:1-12The Message (MSG)

You’re Blessed

1-2 When Jesus saw his ministry drawing huge crowds, he climbed a hillside. Those who were apprenticed to him, the committed, climbed with him. Arriving at a quiet place, he sat down and taught his climbing companions. This is what he said:
“You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
“You’re blessed when you feel you’ve lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
“You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought.
“You’re blessed when you’ve worked up a good appetite for God. He’s food and drink in the best meal you’ll ever eat.
“You’re blessed when you care. At the moment of being ‘care-full,’ you find yourselves cared for.
“You’re blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.
“You’re blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That’s when you discover who you really are, and your place in God’s family.
10 “You’re blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God’s kingdom.
11-12 “Not only that—count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens—give a cheer, even!—for though they don’t like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company. My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.

Lord God we thank you for all those who have crossed our paths today help us to see you in them.
We are Family!

Lord we pray for all those who are in need of your extravagant love, mercy, and grace. Give us courage to see those who are suffering not as outcasts but family members!
We are Family!

Lord we pray for all those who travel Help us to share the road safely and be awake to those are around us.
We Are Family.

Lord help us to rejoice when  our family members receive good news and to to be patient when you tell us not yet!
We are Family

Lord help us to plant healthy seeds on fertile ground and in tender hearts so that we may grow and sew love to feed and care for broken and hungry world.
We are family.

Lord help us to be the uniquely connected people of faith and your creation you made  us to be!
We are family!.

Help us O Lord to continue to say yes to you when you ask us to "Walk with me on our Journey!'
We are family.

We are family made in love, knit together by love and grace, and may we show to each other and the world that We Are Family. Amen.

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.


O God our shield and armor of light, whom we adore with all the

angelic host: defend us from evil; watch over any who are in
danger this night and give your angels charge over them; and
grant that we may always rejoice in your heavenly protection and
serve you bravely in the world; through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Amen.


Holy Wisdom, in your loving kindness you created and restored
us when we were lost: inspire us with your truth, that we may
love you with our whole minds and run to you with open hearts,
through Christ our Savior. Amen.
(source: Alcuin of York, Mass of Wisdom




Beloved God, as we approach your Presence, guide and stir us

with your Holy Spirit, that we may become one body, one spirit in
Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.


Loving Jesus: Protect and sustain us with your hand. Open the
door of your love that, sealed with your wisdom, we may be free
to serve you with joy. Amen.
(a prayer of St. Gertrude)

Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world.
St. Teresa of Avila



The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32


Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised; 
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see: 
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel. 

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
    as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


The Wisdom of God

the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)



Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more

than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21


Good Night Dear Ones! I love you!

Blessings, love, and peace,

Sara

Resources:
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching Our Worship
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Quote Sites for Prayers and Quotes
Satucket Lectionary Page for Lessons and our Saint of the Day:THOMAS GALLAUDET & HENRY WINTER SYLE
YouTube
Northumbria Community









A Bonus Boost for every day!
From 3 years ago! 
Happy Self and Sabbath Care Weekend! I hope you all are taking time for self and Sabbath care today. If you aren't, why not? This week we have been talking about health and wellness, and if you haven't learned how important it is by now we may have to provide you with periodic refresher courses. Health and wellness is extremely important for all of our bodies, minds, and spirits. We can't be the children of God without it. Here are my simple steps that all of us can use each day of the week to create harmony and health in our lives. For those of you who do not know, here at Walk With Me On Our Journey we have specific names for each day of the week and we consider everyday a holy day and that everything is holy. So let's begin:

Monday- You Matter Monday
Take time to start the week out right by being kind to yourselves.
Practice loving yourself.
Do a mediation of your choice.
Practice our Mindfulness exercises and breathing:
. It is simply this we start with our breathing exercises using this format:

Inhale the Holy Spirit.
Exhale Love.

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Now repeat the following 3 times;

Be Still and Know That I am God.
Be Still and Know
Be Still 
Be

Now get out some kind of timer, mindfulness app, or music and set them for 5 minutes when you begin. Then close your eyes and be silent. If the music goes long don't worry that will lead you into our time of prayer and thanksgiving. 


Go for a walk if your body is telling you to do so.
Exercise your mind.

Tuesday- Take Care Tuesday
Take care of your physical, mental, and spiritual selves. Take time to care for yourself and others.
Allow for more rest, relaxation, and renewal.
Use any of the above.

Wednesday : Wonderful and Wonder-Filled Wednesday.
This day is to get ourselves out into God's Cathedral of Life and seek out the wonder and mystery of creation, the environment. 
Take your children and grand children to the park, beach, or zoo to see these places of wonder and amazement. Hint you can take yourselves there by yourselves too. If your soul and mind likes art, music, and theater these can be places of wonder too.
Go outside and breathe and pray. Prayer walking can help you find wonder too.

Thursday: Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday.
This day is all about mindful intentionality and gratitude. Putting on our attitudes of gratitude and random acts of kindness. Remember these are daily acts too. Think of  Maunday Thursday, Thanksgiving day, and Ascension Day. 3 key holy days that are celebrated on Thursdays. 
Do something radical in the Love Energy department. 
Begin to prepare for the weekend by unwinding and de-stressing! 

Friday: Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly Without Fretting.
Let go of the week's garbage.
Practice using a Worry/ Sabbath Jar that we should be using daily and not just Fridays. Place your worries, anxieties, fears, mads, your anger fits, on pieces of paper and place them in the jar until Monday evening. Do not look at them.
Enter and go deeper with God as we do every evening but this time be in real conversation and listening time. 
Begin going of the grid for a space.
This is Self and Sabbath Care Weekend Eve.

Saturday: Self-Care Saturday
Take time for self-care and being kind to your bodies, minds, and spirits.
This is your spa day- Just for you. Tell your family you are going to go off the grid and spend time with yourself. 
This is a retreat day: Walk a Labyrinth, Stations of the Cross, prayer walk or meditate in silence.

Sunday: Sabbath Care Day;
Worship God.
Rest with God.
Don't do any measurable work.
Enact your own set of Blue Laws. 
Go on over to the other side of the lake to rest and pray.
Visit a quiet and restful setting that will refresh you.
Don't forget to spend time with your family members.

Daily: Pray, Meditate, Walk, Enter into measurable silence, read some spiritual tome, Make each day include lots of Love Energy, Expansion of  our Heart homes, serving the least of these, and becoming more and more united with our family members we may not like in love and charity. Each day let Love, Hope, Peace, Joy, Justice, Mercy, Kindness and Inclusion be our watchwords. 

So there you have it our simple thinks we can do to combine all three.  Tonight we will use our breathing exercises with a musical selection and then enter into prayer.

Ludovico Einaudi -In a time lapse

Richard Shulman -Open Spaces


God we thank you for making each and everyday holy. 

God we pray that we may enter into a time of preparation to worship you in your sanctuary both indoors and outside in your Cathedral of Life.

God we pray that we may take time to breathe in your life giving and sustaining Holy Spirit.

God we pray for all the firefighters and a cessation of all the wildfires around the world and in our state.

God we pray for rain to heal the drought parched areas of our world and especially in California.

God we pray for peace in the world. Help us to set a good and loving example by loving everyone without judgement.

God we pray for the healing of everyone's bodies, minds, and spirits. We pray for all the caregivers who minister to their needs.

God we pray for all of our family members who are going back to school.

God we pray for ___________________________

God we pray for all faith communities around the world that we may learn to love each other with open minds and hearts. We pray for all leaders of  the many faith communities who are in preparation for the week's worship.

God we give thanks for______________________

God we pray that we may lay down and take our rest and abide in your loving and gentle arms. 

We lift up these our prayers in the name of Jesus. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment