Sunday, June 2, 2019

An evening meditating on the word welcome! Our count down to Pentecost!


Here at Walk With Me on Our Journey you are welcome here and we will perpetually leave the light on for you. This is your family, this is your home,
this is where you find CALM (Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy)!

Good Evening Dear Ones!

Happy Day of Sabbath Rest! This morning I arrived early to open up the church as I usually do. I always get there early so that we will be welcoming to all our guests. Being welcoming requires intentionality and love. So dear ones this week we begin an intentional time of welcoming all. Tonight let us ponder these quotes on welcome and then have a short time of worship. 



"To find God, you must welcome everything." ~ Rabindranath Tagore

"A smile is the universal welcome." ~ Max Eastman

"We are made for goodness. We are made for love. We are made for friendliness. We are made for togetherness. We are made for all of the beautiful things that you and I know. We are made to tell the world that there are no outsiders. All are welcome: black, white, red, yellow, rich, poor, educated, not educated, male, female, gay, straight, all, all, all. We all belong to this family, this human family, God's family." ~ Desmond Tutu

"The more we feel concern for others and seek their well-being, the more friends we will have and the more welcome we will feel." ~ Dalai Lama

This week’s Rule reflection from the Northumbria Community
Brigid’s feast I should welcome the poor to my feast for they are God’s children I should welcome the sick to my feast for they are God’s joy

"Well, I was thinking this very thing. I was thinking: I am going to die today, but Jesu also died, so he knows how it is with me. And I was thinking, would he know me when I came to him? Yes! Sitting in his hall, he will see me sail into the bay, and he will run down to meet me on the shore; he will wade into the sea and pull my boat onto the sand and welcome me as his wayfaring brother. Why will he do this? Because he too has suffered, and he knows...HE KNOWS...Is that not good news?" ~ Stephen R. Lawhead

"I believe in living a poetic life, an art full life. Everything we do from the way we raise our children to the way we welcome our friends is part of a large canvas we are creating." ~ Maya Angelou

"The sense that in this universe we are treated as strangers, the longing to be acknowledged, to meet with some response, to bridge some chasm that yawns between us and reality, is part of our inconsolable secret. And surely, from this point of view, the promise of glory, in the sense described, becomes highly relevant to our deep desire. For glory meant good report with God, acceptance by God, response, acknowledgment, and welcome into the heart of things. The door on which we have been knocking all our lives will open at last." ~ C. S. Lewis

"When we are generous in welcoming people and sharing something with them-some food, a place in our homes, our time-not only do we no longer remain poor: we are enriched. I am well aware that when someone needing food knocks at your door, you always find a way of sharing food; as the proverb says, one can always 'add more water to the beans'! Is it possible to add more water to the beans?...Always?...And you do so with love, demonstrating that true riches consist not in materials things, but in the heart!" ~ Pope Francis


"True Hospitality is welcoming the stranger on her own terms. This kind of hospitality can only be offered by those who've found the center of their lives in their own hearts." ~ Henri Nouwen

"Every family should have a room where Christ is welcome in the person of the hungry and thirsty stranger." ~ Saint John Chrysostom

"To listen is very hard, because it asks of us so much interior stability that we no longer need to prove ourselves by speeches, arguments, statements or declarations. True listeners no longer have an inner need to make their presence known. They are free to receive, welcome, to accept." ~ Henri Nouwen

"Let your door stand open to receive Him, unlock your soul to Him, offer Him a welcome in your mind, and then you will see the riches of simplicity, the treasures of peace, the joy of grace. Throw wide the gate of your heart, stand before the sun of the everlasting light." ~ Ambrose

"Listening is much more than allowing another to talk while waiting for a chance to respond. Listening is paying full attention to others and welcoming them into our very beings. The beauty of listening is that those who are listened to start feeling accepted, start taking our words more seriously and discovering their true selves." ~ Henri Nouwen

"The gospel of Christ must always be an open door with a welcome sign for all." ~ Johnny Cash

"I welcome all creatures of the world with grace." ~ Hildegard of Bingen

"May God preserve me from being rich while they are indigent, from enjoying robust health if I do not try to cure their diseases, from eating good food, clothing myself well and resting in my home if I do not share with them a piece of my bread and give them, in the measure of my abilities, part of my clothes and if I do not welcome them into my home" ~ Gregory of Nazianzus


Come let us worship.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.


Jesus said, ‘I am with you always, to the end of the world.’ Matthew 28:20

We have a great high priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God. Hebrews 4:14

The disciples worshipped Jesus and went back to Jerusalem full of joy; and were continually in the temple, praising God. Luke 24:52, 53

Sing praises to God’s holy name: make a highway for the one who rides on the clouds, whose name is the Lord, in whose presence exult. Psalm 68:4

Blessing and honor, glory and might, to the one who is seated on the throne and to the lamb for ever and ever! Revelation 5:13

Joseph Barth: A Grace

We give thanks for Being;
We give thanks for being here;
We give thanks for being here together.

I LAY BEFORE YOU - Howard Thurman

The concern which I lay bare before You today is:

Whatever disaffection there is between me and those who are or have been very close to me— I would seek the root or cause of such disaffection, and with the illumination of Your mind, O God, to understand it.

I give myself to Your scrutiny that, whatever there may be in me that is responsible for what has happened, I will acknowledge.

Where I have wronged or given offense deliberately or without intention, I seek a face-to-face forgiveness.

What I can undo I am willing to try; what I cannot undo, with that I seek to make my peace.

How to do these things, what techniques to use, with what spirit— for these I need and seek Your wisdom and strength, O God.

Whatever disaffection there is between me and those who are or have been very close to me, I lay bare before You.

THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES Anonymous

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.

For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.

May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.




IN  LAK’ECH

TÚ ERES MI OTRO YO.
YOU ARE MY OTHER ME.
SI TE HAGO DAÑO A TI,
IF I DO HARM TO YOU,
ME HAGO DAÑO A MI MISMO.
I DO HARM TO MYSELF.
SI TE AMO Y RESPETO,
IF I LOVE AND RESPECT YOU,
ME AMO Y RESPETO YO.
I LOVE AND RESPECT MYSELF.
LUIS VALDEZ

Confession of Need
Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.


Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.

Minister
May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen

 A Smudging Prayer (Metis Aboriginal Ministries)
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.

We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. 

We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen. 

How good and pleasant a thing it is when God’s people live together in unity. Psalm 133:1

"We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better." ~ Thurgood Marshall

"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." - Henri Nouwen



Christ our Passover     Pascha nostrum
1 Corinthians 5:7-8; Romans 6:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Alleluia.
Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us; *
    therefore let us keep the feast,
Not with old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, *
    but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. Alleluia.

Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; *
    death no longer has dominion over him.
The death that he died, he died to sin, once for all; *
    but the life he lives, he lives to God.
So also consider yourselves dead to sin, *
    and alive to God in Jesus Christ our Lord. Alleluia.

Christ has been raised from the dead, *
    the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For since by a man came death, *
    by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, *
    so in Christ shall all be made alive. Alleluia.


Psalm 97

Dominus regnavit

1 The Lord is King;
let the earth rejoice; *
let the multitude of the isles be glad.
2 Clouds and darkness are round about him, *
righteousness and justice are the foundations of his throne.
3 A fire goes before him *
and burns up his enemies on every side.
4 His lightnings light up the world; *
the earth sees it and is afraid.
5 The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord, *
at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
6 The heavens declare his righteousness, *
and all the peoples see his glory.
7 Confounded be all who worship carved images
and delight in false gods! *
Bow down before him, all you gods.
8 Zion hears and is glad, and the cities of Judah rejoice, *
because of your judgments, O Lord.
9 For you are the Lord,
most high over all the earth; *
you are exalted far above all gods.
10 The Lord loves those who hate evil; *
he preserves the lives of his saints
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
11 Light has sprung up for the righteous, *
and joyful gladness for those who are truehearted.
12 Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous, *
and give thanks to his holy Name.





Acts 16:16-34

With Paul and Silas, we came to Philippi in Macedonia, a Roman colony, and, as we were going to the place of prayer, we met a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners a great deal of money by fortune-telling. While she followed Paul and us, she would cry out, "These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation." She kept doing this for many days. But Paul, very much annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour.

But when her owners saw that their hope of making money was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace before the authorities. When they had brought them before the magistrates, they said, "These men are disturbing our city; they are Jews and are advocating customs that are not lawful for us as Romans to adopt or observe." The crowd joined in attacking them, and the magistrates had them stripped of their clothing and ordered them to be beaten with rods. After they had given them a severe flogging, they threw them into prison and ordered the jailer to keep them securely. Following these instructions, he put them in the innermost cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was an earthquake, so violent that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened. When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors wide open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, since he supposed that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted in a loud voice, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here." The jailer called for lights, and rushing in, he fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them outside and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They answered, "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." They spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. At the same hour of the night he took them and washed their wounds; then he and his entire family were baptized without delay. He brought them up into the house and set food before them; and he and his entire household rejoiced that he had become a believer in God.

John Oxenham: No East or West

In God there is no East or West,

In You no South or North;

But one great fellowship of love

Throughout the whole wide earth.

In You do true hearts everywhere

Their high communion find;

Your service is the golden chord

Close-binding humankind.

Join hands, then, comrades of the faith,

Whate’er your race may be:

Who serves our Maker faithfully

Is surely kin to me.

In You now meet both East and West,

In You meet South and North;

All human souls are one in You

Throughout the whole wide earth.



Revelation 22:12-14,16-17,20-21

At the end of the visions I, John, heard these words:

"See, I am coming soon; my reward is with me, to repay according to everyone's work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they will have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.

"It is I, Jesus, who sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come."
And let everyone who hears say, "Come."
And let everyone who is thirsty come.
Let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift.

The one who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon."

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen.


MAKE ME AN INSTRUMENT OF YOUR PEACE -St. Francis of Assisi

God, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
Great Friend,
May I not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


John 17:20-26

Jesus prayed for his disciples, and then he said. "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

"Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

John Holmes: O God of Stars and Sunlight

O God of stars and sunlight,
Whose wind lifts up a bird,
In marching wave and leaf fall,
We hear Your patient word.
The color of the seasons
Goes gold across the land.
By green upon the tree tops,
We know Your moving hand.
O God of cloud and mountain,
Whose rain on rock is art,
Your plan and care and meaning
Renew the head and heart.
Your word and color spoken,
Your summer noons and showers —
By these and by Your sunshine,
We know Your world is ours.
O God of root and shading
Of boughs above our head,
We breathe in Your long breathing
Our spirit spirited.
We walk beneath Your blessing
Your seasons and Your way,
O God of stars and sunlight,
O God of this year’s day.



O God, the King of glory, you have exalted your only Son Jesus Christ with great triumph to your kingdom in heaven: Do not leave us comfortless, but send us your Holy Spirit to strengthen us, and exalt us to that place where our Savior Christ has gone before; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen.

Let us be infused with God's love and the Holy Spirit's fire as we pray.
God infuse our bodies, minds, and spirits with love and compassion for our family members with whom we disagree.

God infuse our bodies, minds, and spirits with strength and good health so that we may boldly stand for the least of these our family members and do justice, love, mercy and walk humbly with You O, God of Love.

God infuse the bodies, minds, and spirits with your healing  power to all of our family members who are ill and suffering from any illness either chronic or short term. We pray for all newly diagnosed family members and those especially having surgery. 

God infuse the tender emotions of all who grieve the courage to mourn boldly and with the knowledge that it is ok to go through the grieving process and not to have please others and look happy and be expected to be back to normal.

God infuse the leaders of this world with the knowledge that peace is the only way and that wars, violence, terror, and injustice serve no one. May peace prevail upon earth. We pray that we may be united in love and not divided by hate.

God infuse those who care for children the knowledge and courage to be real caregivers who will protect and keep them from harm. We pray for an end to child abuse in all of its forms.

God infuse all women with courage to get out of violence and abusive situations that they may find safety and make with confidence sensible escape plans. We pray for all women's and children's shelters.

God infuse our lives with love, peace, hope, and joy!

God infuse our hearts with love, mercy , and compassion to pray and give thanks for________________ 

God infuse our bodies with strength so that we may live healthy lives and practice good habits.

Jesus we thank you and others for being good role models of  being prayer pilgrims , prayer walking, justice, love, mercy, and inclusion. We give thanks for your dying on the cross to save us once and for all and that we no longer need to fear or be ashamed. All these our prayers and thanksgivings we lift up to you in your most Holy Name. Amen. 

The Lord's prayer from A New Zealand Prayer Book.
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.
or the alternative form.
Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.
Teresa of Avila (1515–1582)
Christ Has No Body

“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”  Teresa of Avila

Matthew 5:1–10

When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Collect 6 from ANZB
Lord, 
it is night.

The night is for stillness. 

Let us be still in the presence of God.

It is night after a long day. 

What has been done has been done; 
what has not been done has not been done; 
let it be.
The night is dark. 

Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives 
rest in you. 
The night is quiet. 

Let the quietness of your peace enfold us, 
all dear to us, 
and all who have no peace.
The night heralds the dawn. 

Let us look expectantly to a new day, 
new joys, 
new possibilities.
In your name we pray.

Amen.


 The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32


Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
    as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. 

In the Evening
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep
this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying,
soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all
for your love’s sake. Amen.

A Prayer of Comfort in God
God, you are my help and comfort; you shelter and surround me
in love so tender that I may know your presence with me, now
and always. Amen.
God’s Blessing be with you,
Christ’s peace be with you,
the Spirit’s outpouring be with you,
now and always. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)
+++++
Good Night All! Have a restful night knowing that you are loved and you matter.
With love and God's blessings!
Sara

Resources
A to Z quotes
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Lectionary Page
Prayers of Power
In Lak ' Ech - Luis Valdez
Enriching our worship !
Book of Common Prayer Online.
Other sources as noted.
Our Tidbits from the Northumbria Community
In the present moment
Hurry is an unpleasant thing in itself, but also very unpleasant for whoever is around it. Some people came into my room and rushed in and rushed out and even when they were there they were not there – they were in the moment ahead or the moment behind. Some people who came in just for a moment were all there, completely in that moment.
Live from day to day, just from day to day. If you do so, you worry less and live more richly. If you let yourself be absorbed completely, if you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Tomorrow's Celtic Saint
Kevin (498-618) June 3rd
Kevin lived as a hermit at Glendalough in Ireland. There disciples gathered round him and a monastery grew up. He is said to have lived to be 120. One much-loved story tells of a blackbird building its nest in his outstretched hands as he was praying. He kept perfectly still until the eggs hatched. Regardless of whether this story is true, it paints a beautiful word-picture of his spirituality. This concern for the natural world around and all its creatures is a hallmark of Celtic Christian thinking.
May I be so devoted to my worship of You, O my Creator, that I may respect and cherish all You have created. As I am drawn closer to Your heart, may Your love flow through me to all around me. Amen.

Here are  Bible Verses on Welcoming New Guests!
Romans 15:7 ESV 
Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

Matthew 25:35 ESV 
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Hebrews 13:2 
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Romans 12:13 
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

3 John 1:5 ESV
Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are,

Psalm 122:1 ESV 
A Song of Ascents. Of David. I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!”
Galatians 3:26-28 ESV 
For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 4:9 ESV 
Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 25:1-46 ESV
“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. ...

Leviticus 19:34 ESV 
You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

1 Timothy 3:2 ESV 
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

Romans 13:10 ESV Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Acts 28:2 ESV 
The native people showed us unusual kindness, for they kindled a fire and welcomed us all, because it had begun to rain and was cold.

John 3:16-17 ESV 
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Matthew 25:40 ESV
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

1 Corinthians 14:26 ESV 
What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up.

Isaiah 43:18-19 ESV
“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
Revelation 21:3 ESV
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

Ephesians 2:10 ESV 
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Acts 15:4 ESV 
When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them.

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV 
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

1 Samuel 25:6 ESV 
And thus you shall greet him: ‘Peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have.

Leviticus 19:33-34 ESV
“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Acts 28:7 ESV 
Now in the neighborhood of that place were lands belonging to the chief man of the island, named Publius, who received us and entertained us hospitably for three days.

Proverbs 19:17 ESV 
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Matthew 5:16 ESV
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Isaiah 44:24 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

3 John 1:5-8 ESV 
Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are, who testified to your love before the church. You will do well to send them on their journey in a manner worthy of God. For they have gone out for the sake of the name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles. Therefore we ought to support people like these, that we may be fellow workers for the truth.

Hebrews 13:1 ESV
Let brotherly love continue.

Ephesians 4:22-24 ESV 
To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Romans 16:16 ESV 
Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

John 13:34-35 ESV 
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Jeremiah 1:5 ESV 
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Isaiah 40:31 ESV 
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 ESV 
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.

Esther 5:1-14 ESV 
On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king's palace, in front of the king's quarters, while the king was sitting on his royal throne inside the throne room opposite the entrance to the palace. And when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, she won favor in his sight, and he held out to Esther the golden scepter that was in his hand. Then Esther approached and touched the tip of the scepter. And the king said to her, “What is it, Queen Esther? What is your request? It shall be given you, even to the half of my kingdom.” And Esther said, “If it please the king, let the king and Haman come today to a feast that I have prepared for the king.” Then the king said, “Bring Haman quickly, so that we may do as Esther has asked.” So the king and Haman came to the feast that Esther had prepared. ...

Revelation 21:5 ESV 
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Titus 1:8 ESV
But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined.

1 Timothy 5:10 ESV
And having a reputation for good works: if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work.

Acts 10:34 ESV
So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

Luke 10:27 ESV
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 9:11 ESV 
When the crowds learned it, they followed him, and he welcomed them and spoke to them of the kingdom of God and cured those who had need of healing.

Matthew 25:34 ESV
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 5:43-44 ESV

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Ezekiel 11:19 ESV 

And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Isaiah 43:19 ESV 
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Genesis 18:1 ESV 
And the Lord appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day.

Genesis 1:1-2:25 ESV

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

1 Peter 1:3 ESV
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Ephesians 4:3 ESV 
Eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Romans 8:28 ESV
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Luke 9:48 ESV 
And said to them, “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you all is the one who is great.”

Matthew 28:18-20 ESV
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Lamentations 3:22-24 ESVThe steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”

Genesis 19:1-38 ESV
The two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed himself with his face to the earth and said, “My lords, please turn aside to your servant's house and spend the night and wash your feet. Then you may rise up early and go on your way.” They said, “No; we will spend the night in the town square.” But he pressed them strongly; so they turned aside to him and entered his house. And he made them a feast and baked unleavened bread, and they ate. But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.” ...

Hebrews 13:5 ESV 
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Romans 16:2 ESV
That you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well.

Acts 22:16 ESV 
And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Acts 18:27 ESV 
And when he wished to cross to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed,

Acts 17:7 ESV 
And Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.”

Luke 16:9 ESV
And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

Luke 16:4 ESV 
I have decided what to do, so that when I am removed from management, people may receive me into their houses.’

Luke 10:8 ESV 
Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you.

Matthew 28:19 ESV 
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Matthew 10:41 ESV
The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and the one who receives a righteous person because he is a righteous person will receive a righteous person's reward.

Matthew 10:40 ESV
“Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.
3 John 1:2 ESV 
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment