Saturday, September 19, 2020

A Vigil in Remembrance of Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Occasion of Her Death






Good Evening Beloved Ones!

Tonight we meet and make vigil, pray, and remember the life of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. We begin our time together by praying and meditating this prayer in today's Resistance Prays:

We all knew this day would come.
We knew she was sick. And frail. 
But she was our bright shining light. 
And imagining her death, her ending on this earth.
Was unimaginable. 
And so we put it out of our heads, it was too much.
Too much to wrap our heads around.
Too much for our hearts to imagine.
Too much for our spirits to consider bearing.
She was our everything. 
She was our light. 
She was our joy.
She was our North Star. 

O God, you have her now. 
She loved you and she is with you.
We admit that we do not want to have her away from us. 
Not ever, but especially not like this.
Not at this time. 
Not with these people who bathe and swim in evil. Who revel in its ways.
Making the choice for who to nominate to replace her.
Defile her chair.
Hurt all that we love
All of those whom we love
And will find joy in that hurt.

We are terrified.
For our daughters.
For our LGBTQIA+ siblings.
For every one.
And every thing. 

God come near us. 
God help us. 
God walk with us. 
Send your Spirit to sit with us in our sadness and grief.
And be sure to help us say “thank you” for the gifts you continue
To shower upon us.
A great one that is now 
With you.
Help us to be grateful even as we are so sorrowful.
To say our Alleluias. 
Amen.



Now let us hear and listen to her words of wisdom!



"Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"We live in an age in which the fundamental principles to which we subscribe - liberty, equality and justice for all - are encountering extraordinary challenges, ... But it is also an age in which we can join hands with others who hold to those principles and face similar challenges." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"Anger, resentment, envy, and self-pity are wasteful reactions.  They greatly drain one's time.  They sap energy better devoted to productive endeavors." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"So now the perception is, yes, women are here to stay. And when I'm sometimes asked when will there be enough [women on the Supreme Court]? And I say when there are nine, people are shocked. But there'd been nine men, and nobody's ever raised a question about that." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"We should learn ... to do our best for the sake of our communities and for the sake of those for whom we pave the way." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"Work for the things that you care about." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"Dissents speak to a future age. It's not simply to say, 'My colleagues are wrong and I would do it this way.' But the greatest dissents do become court opinions and gradually over time their views become the dominant view. So that's the dissenter's hope: that they are writing not for today but for tomorrow." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"If we gave up our freedom as the price of security, we would no longer be the great nation that we are." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"Whatever community organization, whether it's a women's organization, or fighting for racial justice ... you will get satisfaction out of doing something to give back to the community that you never get in any other way." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

*****

What can we do? (From today's Resistance Prays!)

It is simple.

Vote. 

Donate as you can. 

Make sure everyone connect to votes.

Volunteer to call undecided voters.

Do whatever you need to do and can do to make this election count. 

Do it for Ruth. Do it for all of us.

My Additions are these!

Keep learning and not being swayed by misinformation.

Practice civil disobedience.

Help educate your friends and family on the issues.

Fact check all memes!

Attend forums and town halls.

Be a poll worker.

Drive people to the polls.

Be a poll observer.

Write letters to the editor.

Keep being engaged at home and in your neighborhood!



Now let us  begin our time of worship.




Come let us make vigil and remember! Let us light one candle in remembrance!





From the Resistance Prays!

But Ruth said, "Do not press me to leave you or to turn back from following you! Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die—there will I be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you!"  -Ruth 1: 16-17


Arise, O Jerusalem, stand upon the height and look toward the
east, and see your children gathered from west and east at the
word of the Holy One. Baruch 5:5

Call to remembrance, O Lord, your tender care
and the unfailing love
which you have shown from of old.
  Do not remember the sins and offences of my youth:
but according to your mercy
remember me, Lord, in your goodness.
  You O Lord are upright and good
therefore you show the path to those who go astray.
  You guide the humble to do what is right,
and those who are gentle you teach your way.
  All your ways are loving and sure
to those who keep your covenant
and your commandments.Psalm 25:5-9

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
God’s mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
your faithfulness, O Lord, is great.Lamentations 3:22-23

Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down
righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may spring up,
and let it cause righteousness to sprout up also. Isaiah 45:8, NRSV


Opening Anthem
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his
mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great
is his faithfulness.
The Lord will not cast off for ever.
Though he cause grief, he will have compassion
according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
The Lord does not willingly afflict or grieve his children.


Mourner's Kaddish

Exalted and hallowed be God’s great name
in the world which God created, according to plan.
May God’s majesty be revealed in the days of our lifetime
and the life of all Israel — speedily, imminently,
To which we say: Amen.

Blessed be God’s great name to all eternity.

Blessed, praised, honored, exalted,
extolled, glorified, adored, and lauded
be the name of the Holy Blessed One,
beyond all earthly words and songs of blessing, praise, and comfort.
To which we say: Amen.

May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us and all Israel.
To which we say: Amen.

May the One who creates harmony on high, bring peace to us and to all Israel.
To which we say: Amen.

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.


Psalm 134 Ecce nunc
Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi
O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.



THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.




For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.



May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.


A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit
Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21

Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors *
a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, *
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.

To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, *
and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day *
and a blaze of stars by night.

She brought them across the Red Sea, *
she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss
.
And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, *
and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people.


Services of Religion: Free Nation and Free World

God, who has made us one nation out of many peoples, amid our diversities of race and tradition, unite us in a common love of freedom and in a high ambition for our national life.

Continue in us the pioneering spirit which led our fathers across the estranging sea and up held them in the wilderness.

Deepen in the people of this land a devotion to the common commonweal, so that we may open new doors of hope to the neglected and oppressed; cleanse our hearts from the greed which preys upon others; and deliver our politics from corruption.

Help us to establish this land in righteousness.

Endue with the spirit of wisdom those entrusted with authority, that there may be peace within our borders, and that we may stand among the nations of the earth an example of justice and a power of good will.

Let Your peace, O God, rule in all our hearts.

To every council where nations bring their hopes and fears, grant wisdom and mutual understanding, that distrust and hatred may be diminished, and a common law of justice be established.

Let peace, O God, prevail throughout the earth.

A Song of Jerusalem Our Mother
Isaiah 66:10-14

Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her *
all you who love her,
Rejoice, rejoice with her, *
all you who mourn over her,
That you may drink deeply with delight *
from her comforting breast.
For thus says our God, *
“I will extend peace to her like a river,
the wealth of nations like an overflowing stream.
“You shall nurse and be carried on her arm,
and you shall nestle in her lap.
“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; *
you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
“You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice, *
you shall flourish like the grass of the fields.



The Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh: A Litany for Peace
As we are together praying for Peace, let us be truly with each other.
Silence
Let us pay attention to our breathing.
Silence
Let us be relaxed in our bodies and our minds.
Silence
Let us return to ourselves and become wholly ourselves.
Silence
Let us be aware of the Source of Being common to us all and to all that is.
Silence
Evoking the presence of the Great Companion, let us fill our hearts with our own compassion—towards ourselves and toward all living beings.
Silence
Let us pray that all living beings realize that they are all nourished from the same Source of Life.
Silence
Let us pray that we ourselves cease to be the cause of needless suffering.
Silence
Let us pray that we may live in a way which will not needlessly deprive other living beings of air, water, food, shelter, or the chance to live in health.
Silence
With reverence for Life and with awareness of the sufferings that are going on around us, let us pray for the establishment of peace in our hearts and on earth.


A Song of Ezekiel
Ezekiel 36:24-28

I will take you from among all nations; *
and gather you from all lands to bring you home.
I will sprinkle clean water upon you; *
and purify you from false gods and uncleanness.
A new heart I will give you *
and a new spirit put within you.
I will take the stone heart from your chest *
and give you a heart of flesh.
I will help you walk in my laws *
and cherish my commandments and do them.
You shall be my people, *
and I will be your God


121    Levavi oculos

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills; *
    from where is my help to come?

2 My help comes from the LORD, *
    the maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot be moved *
    and he who watches over you will not fall asleep.

4 Behold, he who keeps watch over Israel *
    shall neither slumber nor sleep;

5 The LORD himself watches over you; *
    the LORD is your shade at your right hand,

6 So that the sun shall not strike you by day, *
    nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; *
    it is he who shall keep you safe.

8 The LORD shall watch over your going out and
                             your coming in, *
    from this time forth for evermore.




Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 (For everything there is a season) (The Message)

There’s a Right Time for Everything
3 There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:

2-8 A right time for birth and another for death,
A right time to plant and another to reap,
A right time to kill and another to heal,
A right time to destroy and another to construct,
A right time to cry and another to laugh,
A right time to lament and another to cheer,
A right time to make love and another to abstain,
A right time to embrace and another to part,
A right time to search and another to count your losses,
A right time to hold on and another to let go,
A right time to rip out and another to mend,
A right time to shut up and another to speak up,
A right time to love and another to hate,
A right time to wage war and another to make peace.

9-13 But in the end, does it really make a difference what anyone does? I’ve had a good look at what God has given us to do—busywork, mostly. True, God made everything beautiful in itself and in its time—but he’s left us in the dark, so we can never know what God is up to, whether he’s coming or going. I’ve decided that there’s nothing better to do than go ahead and have a good time and get the most we can out of life. That’s it—eat, drink, and make the most of your job. It’s God’s gift.


23    Dominus regit me

1 The LORD is my shepherd; *
    I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures *
    and leads me beside still waters.

3 He revives my soul *
    and guides me along right pathways for his Name's sake.

4 Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil; *
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You spread a table before me in the presence of those
                            who trouble me; *
    you have anointed my head with oil,
    and my cup is running over.

6 Surely your goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days
                            of my life, *
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



Romans 8:35-39
The Message
31-39 So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:

They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

Psalm 130
1 Out of the depths have I called to you, O LORD;
LORD, hear my voice; *
let your ears consider well the voice of my supplication.
2 If you, LORD, were to note what is done amiss, *
O Lord, who could stand?
3 For there is forgiveness with you; *
therefore you shall be feared.
4 I wait for the LORD; my soul waits for him; *
in his word is my hope.
5 My soul waits for the LORD,
more than watchmen for the morning, *
more than watchmen for the morning.
6 O Israel, wait for the LORD, *
for with the LORD there is mercy;
7 With him there is plenteous redemption, *
and he shall redeem Israel from all their sins.


John 10:11-18
The Message
11-13 “I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd puts the sheep before himself, sacrifices himself if necessary. A hired man is not a real shepherd. The sheep mean nothing to him. He sees a wolf come and runs for it, leaving the sheep to be ravaged and scattered by the wolf. He’s only in it for the money. The sheep don’t matter to him.

14-18 “I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own sheep and my own sheep know me. In the same way, the Father knows me and I know the Father. I put the sheep before myself, sacrificing myself if necessary. You need to know that I have other sheep in addition to those in this pen. I need to gather and bring them, too. They’ll also recognize my voice. Then it will be one flock, one Shepherd. This is why the Father loves me: because I freely lay down my life. And so I am free to take it up again. No one takes it from me. I lay it down of my own free will. I have the right to lay it down; I also have the right to take it up again. I received this authority personally from my Father.”

Song of Simeon Nunc Dimittis
Praise be to God, I have lived to see this day.
God’s promise is fulfilled, and my duty done.

At last you have given me peace,
for I have seen with my own eyes
the salvation you have prepared for all nations -
a light to the world in its darkness,
and the glory of your people Israel.

Glory be to God, sustaining, redeeming, sanctifying,
as in the beginning, so now, and for ever.
Amen.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them
that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory
for ever and ever.   Amen.

For the Nation

Lord God Almighty, you have made all the peoples of the earth for your glory, to serve you in freedom and in peace: Give to the people of our country a zeal for justice and the strength of forbearance, that we may use our liberty in accordance with your gracious will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

For Peace

 Almighty God, kindle, we pray, in every heart the true love of peace, and guide with your wisdom those who take counsel for the nations of the earth, that in tranquillity your dominion may increase until the earth is filled with the knowledge of your love; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

For Social Justice

Almighty God, who created us in your own image: Grant us grace fearlessly to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression; and, that we may reverently use our freedom, help us to employ it in the maintenance of justice in our communities and among the nations, to the glory of your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

For Social Service

Heavenly Father, whose blessed Son came not to be served but to serve: Bless all who, following in his steps, give themselves to the service of others; that with wisdom, patience, and courage, they may minister in his Name to the suffering, the friendless, and the needy for the love of him who laid down his life for us, your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

For Prophetic Witness in Society

Almighty God, whose prophets taught us righteousness in the care of your poor: By the guidance of your Holy Spirit, grant that we may do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly in your sight; through Jesus Christ, our Judge and Redeemer, who lives and reigns with you and the same Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Reconciliation and forgiveness
God of compassion, you have reconciled us in Jesus Christ who is our peace: Enable us to live as Jesus lived, breaking down walls of hostility and healing enmity. Give us grace to make peace with those from whom we are divided, that, forgiven and forgiving, we may ever be one in Christ; who with you and the Holy Spirit reigns for ever, one holy and undivided Trinity. Amen.

 For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.

 A Collect for Saturdays

O God, the source of eternal light: Shed forth your unending
day upon us who watch for you, that our lips may praise you,
our lives may bless you, and our worship on the morrow give
you glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Almighty God, who gave your servant Theodore of Tarsus gifts of grace and wisdom to establish unity where there had been division and order where there had been chaos: Create in your church, by the operation of the Holy Spirit, such godly union and concord that it may proclaim, both by word and example, the Gospel of the Prince of Peace; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

"We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better." ~ Thurgood Marshall

Waldemar Argow: For Wisdom

Everliving Source of us all,
May we find wisdom this day;
May we come to understand—
that we without You are a well without water;
that a person without friends is a tree without branches;
that words without deeds are a cry no one can hear;
that knowing without feeling is a head without a body;
that strength without tenderness is a darkness where no light shines;
that life without love is a desert where no rain falls.
May the wisdom we find this day make us wiser in the days ahead:
Wise enough to be ourselves and to try to understand ourselves as best we may;
Wise enough to be the master of our moods;
Wise enough to find in the buffeting and shocks of life a discipline that will make us stronger than we were before.
May the varied experiences of each day increase our store of wisdom.
May our fellowship with one another, and with You, increase our treasury of love.



God of hope,
we come to you in shock and grief and confusion of heart.
Help us to find peace
in the knowledge of your loving mercy
to all your children,
and give us light to guide us out of our darkness
into the assurance of your love.
Amen.

Francis of Assisi

MAKE ME AN INSTRUMENT OF YOUR PEACE

God, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
Great Friend,
May I not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


Merciful God,
we remember those who have gone before us,
who have stood by us and helped us,
who have cheered us by their sympathy
and strengthened us by their example;
help us so to live, that in dying,
we may rejoice with them in the promise
of a glorious resurrection;
through your Son our Redeemer.
Amen. (ANZPB)

Daniel Ben Judah: Yigdal

Praise to You, Living God,

All praised be Your name,

Who was, and is, and is to be,

For aye the same.

The one eternal God,

Ere ought that now appears:

The First, the Last, beyond all thought

Your timeless years.

Formless, all lovely forms

Declare Your loveliness;

Holy, all holiness of earth

Does Yours express.

Lo, You are God of all!

Creation speaks Your praise

And everywhere above, below,

Your will obeys.

Your spirit now flows free,

High surging where it will:

In prophet’s word You spoke of old,—

And You speak still.

Established is Your law,

And changeless it shall stand,

Deep writ upon the human heart

On sea or land.

Eternal life You have

Implanted in the soul;

Your love shall be our strength and stay

While ages roll.

Praise be to You, O God!

All praised be Your name,

Who was, and is, and is to be

For aye the same!


 For the Saints and Faithful Departed

We give thanks to you, O Lord our God, for all your servants
and witnesses of time past: for Abraham, the father of believers,
and Sarah his wife; for Moses, the lawgiver, and Aaron, the
priest; for Miriam and Joshua, Deborah and Gideon, and
Samuel with Hannah his mother; for Isaiah and all the prophets;
for Mary, the mother of our Lord; for Peter and Paul and all
the apostles; for Mary and Martha, and Mary Magdalene; for
Stephen, the first martyr, and all the martyrs and saints in
every age and in every land. In your mercy, O Lord our God,
give us, as you gave to them, the hope of salvation and the
promise of eternal life; through Jesus Christ our Lord, the
first-born of many from the dead. Amen. (BCP)


Father in heaven,
your Son Jesus Christ wept at the grave of Lazarus;
show your compassion now to those who mourn.
Supply their needs,
and help them to trust for ever in your fatherly care.
Amen. (ANZPB)

William Scarlett: For Democracy
Maker of the stars and Master of the nations of the earth, we pray for the future of all countries engaged in the audacious, ever changing, ever challenging experiment of democracy.. May we never grow weary of out task because of its difficulties. Grant us faith in humanity and confidence that truth will triumph in free and open encounter. We seek flexibility of mind and a willingness to try new experiments, so that we may create the conditions which make us free and equal, enhance human dignity and self-resect, and establish a fair measure of economic security for our people. Bind upon each of us a sense of our individual accountability to You, that we may do what is just, rising above prejudice to make the good of all our aim. So shall we take our place with those who labor that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth, but will express the living common faith of the human family.

From the Arusha Call to Discipleship.
Loving God, we thank you for the gift of life in all its diversity and beauty. Lord Jesus Christ, crucified and risen, we praise you that you came to find the lost, to free the oppressed, to heal the sick, and to convert the self-centred. Holy Spirit, we rejoice that you breathe in the life of the world and are poured out into our hearts. As we live in the Spirit, may we also walk in the Spirit. Grant us faith and courage to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus: becoming pilgrims of justice and peace in our time. For the blessing of your people, the sustaining of the earth, and the glory of your name. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.


Support us, Lord, all the day long of this troubled life,
until the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes,
the busy world is hushed,
the fever of life is over, and our work is done.
Then, Lord, in your mercy, give us safe lodging,
a holy rest, and peace at the last.
Amen. (ANZPB)


Closing Hymn

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.

May the God of peace, who brought again from the dead our
Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of
the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you
may do his will, working in you that which is pleasing in his
sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and
ever.    Hebrews 13:20-21


Blessing, light, and glory surround us
and scatter the darkness of the long and lonely night. (ANZPB)


++++

Good Night Dear Ones! Let us hold one another in each other's hearts!
I love you!

Peace, Love, Prayers, and God's Blessings!

Sara

Resources
A to Z Quotes
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Bible Gateway (The Message)
Book of Common Prayer
Book of Occasional Services
Enriching Our Worship 1
Prayers of Power
Resistance Prays
Satucket Lectionary
Other Sources as noted and Linked!




No comments:

Post a Comment