Sunday, June 12, 2022

It "s time to celebrate Enmegahbowh and reflect upon reconciliation!








Good Evening Beloved Family!

I hope your Sunday was a good one. Today we are sharing our time of Sabbath  with Enmegahbowh and holding our indigenous family members in our hearts. Today marks a new tradition here at Walk With Me On Our Journey, we will begin again  our blog readings with a land acknowledgement. I am writing this to you from Santa Maria California on the Land of the Chumash. Whose land do you reside on? If you don't know this please use this tool: Native-Land.ca. This blog is dedicated to the 215 indigenous children who were found buried in Kamloops at a Residential school. Canada and the United States are complicit in the deaths of our indigenous family members. We must come to terms with our shared violent pasts in the treatment of many peoples.It is time for an entire world wide truth and reconciliation commission. Last year's word was complicity. This year's word is reconciliation. What do these words mean to you? Let us do our journaling on these words.

Last year's quotes begin our pondering!


Here are quotes on the word complicity.

"Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor." ~ Ginetta Sagan

"We know that silence equals consent when atrocities are committed against innocent men, women and children. We know that indifference equals complicity when bigotry, hatred and intolerance are allowed to take root. And we know that education and hope are the most effective ways to combat ignorance and despair." ~ Gabrielle Giffords

"All our silences in the face of racist assault are acts of complicity." ~ Bell Hooks

"If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity." ~ Albert Einstein

"It becomes more necessary to see the truth as it is if you realize that the only vehicle for change are these people who have lost their personality." ~ Steven Biko

"ACCOMPLICE, n. One associated with another in a crime, having guilty knowledge and complicity, as an attorney who defends a criminal, knowing him guilty. This view of the attorney's position in the matter has not hitherto commanded the assent of attorneys, no one having offered them a fee for assenting." ~ Ambrose Bierce

"Silence,they say,is the voice of complicity. But silence is impossible. Silence screams. Silence is the message,just as doing nothing is an act. Let who you are ring out and resonate in every word and deed. Yes,become who you are. There's no sidestepping your own being or your own responsibility. What you do is who you are. You are your own comeuppance. You become your own message. You are the message. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse." ~ Leonard Peltier

"My message to the international community is that our silence and complicity especially on the situation in Gaza shames us all. It is almost like the behaviour of the military junta in Burma" ~ Desmond Tutu

"I have argued tirelessly, nearly endlessly, in so many books, about the need for the social, the economic reconstruction of society. The demand that people be present themselves, that they contribute to the reorganization of society, that they own up to their own complicity in a system from which they derive benefit and advantage, often without acknowledgement, and the discomfort, the uncomfortable way in which that must be acknowledged." ~ Michael Eric Dyson

"Shoes would interfere with her conversation, for she constantly addresses the ground under her feet. Asking forgiveness. Owning, disowning, recanting, recharting a hateful course of events to make sense of her complicity. We all are, I suppose. Trying to invent our version of the story. All human odes are essentially one, "My life; what I stole from history, and how I live with it." ~ Barbara Kingsolver

"…“white supremacy” is a much more useful term for understanding the complicity of people of color in upholding and maintaining racial hierarchies that do not involve force (i.e slavery, apartheid) than the term “internalized racism”- a term most often used to suggest that black people have absorbed negative feelings and attitudes about blackness. The term “white supremacy” enables us to recognize not only that black people are socialized to embody the values and attitudes of white supremacy, but we can exercise “white supremacist control” over other black people." ~ Bell Hooks


Now let us turn to this year's word reconciliation.

"In the end, reconciliation is a spiritual process, which requires more than just a legal framework. It has to happen in the hearts and minds of people." ~ Nelson Mandela

"True reconciliation is never cheap, for it is based on forgiveness which is costly. Forgiveness in turn depends on repentance, which has to be based on an acknowledgment of what was done wrong, and therefore on disclosure of the truth. You cannot forgive what you do not know." ~ Desmond Tutu

"I remain convinced that most human conflicts can be solved through genuine dialogue conducted with a spirit of openness and reconciliation." ~ Dalai Lama

"Reconciliation is to understand both sides; to go to one side and describe the suffering being endured by the other side, and then go to the other side and describe the suffering being endured by the first side." ~ Nhat Hanh

"We must not only speak about forgiveness and reconciliation, we must act on these principles." ~ Desmond Tutu

"Love is creative and redemptive. Love builds up and unites; hate tears down and destroys. The aftermath of the ‘fight with fire’ method...is bitterness and chaos, the aftermath of the love method is reconciliation and creation of the beloved community...Yes , love-which means understanding, creative, redemptive goodwill, even for one’s enemies-is the solution" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The work of community, love, reconciliation, restoration is the work we cannot leave up to politicians. This is the work we are all called to do." ~ Shane Claiborne

"May all people here find inspiration and strength to build a future of reconciliation, justice and peace for all the children of this beloved land." ~ Pope Francis

"True reconciliation does not consist in merely forgetting the past." ~ Nelson Mandela

"Reconciliation is a deep practice that we can do with our listening and our mindful speech. To reconcile means to bring peace and happiness to nations, people, and members of our family.... In order to reconcile, you have to possess the art of deep listening." ~ Nhat Hanh

"The practice of peace and reconciliation is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions." ~ Nhat Hanh

"Resistance and nonviolence are not in themselves good. There is another element that must be present in our struggle that then makes our resistance and nonviolence truly meaningful. That element is reconciliation. Our ultimate end must be the creation of the beloved community." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

++++


Let us breathe in peace.
Let us breathe out worry.


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.


Let us breathe in peace.
Let us breathe out worry.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.

Let us breathe in peace.
Let us breathe out worry.

Be still and know that I am God
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.

Let us breathe in peace.
Let us breathe out worry.

Now let us practice our Daily Examen.

This is a version of the five-step Daily Examen that St. Ignatius practiced.


1. Become aware of God’s presence.

2. Review the day with gratitude.

3. Pay attention to your emotions.

4. Choose one feature of the day and pray from it.

5. Look toward tomorrow.

__

More help from Ignatian Spirituality

Consciousness Examen

Reflections on the Examen

Examen Prayer Card

Ecological Examen

So let us begin!

The Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh: A Litany for Peace

As we are together praying for Peace, let us be truly with each other.

Silence

Let us pay attention to our breathing.

Silence

Let us be relaxed in our bodies and our minds.

Silence

Let us return to ourselves and become wholly ourselves.

Silence

Let us be aware of the Source of Being common to us all and to all that is.

Silence

Evoking the presence of the Great Companion, let us fill our hearts with our own compassion—towards ourselves and toward all living beings.

Silence

Let us pray that all living beings realize that they are all nourished from the same Source of Life.

Silence

Let us pray that we ourselves cease to be the cause of needless suffering.

Silence

Let us pray that we may live in a way which will not needlessly deprive other living beings of air, water, food, shelter, or the chance to live in health.

Silence

With reverence for Life and with awareness of the sufferings that are going on around us, let us pray for the establishment of peace in our hearts and on earth.



Come let us worship


We are children of God, so God has sent the Spirit into our hearts.Galatians 4:6

We are the body of Christ and individually members of it.1 Corinthians 12:27

Jesus said, ‘The bread of life is that which comes down from heaven, and gives life to the world.’John 6:33

Through faith we are all children of God in union with Christ Jesus.Galatians 3:26

God has given us eternal life, and this life is in Jesus the Son. Anyone who has the Son has life.1 John 5:12

We look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.2 Corinthians 4:18

Does not wisdom call, and does not understanding raise her voice? ‘The Lord created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of long ago.’Proverbs 8:1, 22
or

God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, Abba! Father!Galatians 4:

Prayers from Black Elk

EARTH PRAYER

"Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth 
and lean to hear my feeble voice.
You lived first, and you are older than all need, older than all prayer.
All things belong to you -- the two-legged, the four-legged, the wings of the air, 
and all green things that live.
"You have set the powers of the four quarters of the earth to cross each other.
You have made me cross the good road and road of difficulties, 
and where they cross, the place is holy.
Day in, day out, forevermore, you are the life of things."
Hey! Lean to hear my feeble voice.
At the center of the sacred hoop
You have said that I should make the tree to bloom.
With tears running, O Great Spirit, my Grandfather,
With running eyes I must say
The tree has never bloomed
Here I stand, and the tree is withered.
Again, I recall the great vision you gave me.
It may be that some little root of the sacred tree still lives.
Nourish it then
That it may leaf
And bloom
And fill with singing birds!
Hear me, that the people may once again
Find the good road
And the shielding tree.

THE SUNSET

Then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all, and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world. And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.
And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father. And I saw that it was holy...
But anywhere is the center of the world.

Prayer to The Four Directions by Chief Seattle

Great Spirit of Light, come to me out of the East (red) with the power of the rising sun. Let there be light in my words, let there be light on my path that I walk. Let me remember always that you give the gift of a new day. And never let me be burdened with sorrow by not starting over again.

Great Spirit of Love, come to me with the power of the North (white). Make me courageous when the cold wind falls upon me. Give me strength and endurance for everything that is harsh, everything that hurts, everything that makes me squint. Let me move through life ready to take what comes from the north.

Great Life-Giving Spirit, I face the West (black), the direction of sundown. Let me remember every day that the moment will come when my sun will go down. Never let me forget that I must fade into you. Give me a beautiful color, give me a great sky for setting, so that when it is my time to meet you, I can come with glory.

Great Spirit of Creation, send me the warm and soothing winds from the South (yellow). Comfort me and caress me when I am tired and cold. Unfold me like the gentle breezes that unfold the leaves on the trees. As you give to all the earth your warm, moving wind, give to me, so that I may grow close to you in warmth. Man did not create the web of life, he is but a strand in it. Whatever man does to the web, he does to himself.


Because in thy loving kindness, thou hast brought the whole creation into being and blessed its goodness.


From the Arusha Call to Discipleship
Loving God, we thank you for the gift of life in all its diversity and beauty. Lord Jesus Christ, crucified and risen, we praise you that you came to find the lost, to free the oppressed, to heal the sick, and to convert the self-centred. Holy Spirit, we rejoice that you breathe in the life of the world and are poured out into our hearts. As we live in the Spirit, may we also walk in the Spirit. Grant us faith and courage to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus: becoming pilgrims of justice and peace in our time. For the blessing of your people, the sustaining of the earth, and the glory of your name. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and those who are afraid are not perfected in love. We love because God first loved us. If anyone says, I love God, and hates his brother or sister, that person is a liar; for those who do not love their brothers and sisters whom thay have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. 1 John 4:18-20



ECCLESIASTES 3:1-15
EVERYTHING HAS ITS TIME
3For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES -Anonymous

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.

For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.

May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.





The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!"
I hold holy space for you in love and peace this day and always!
IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez


We honor the earth and those who have died by a virtual smudging prayer and ceremony if you have access to one.





 A Smudging Prayer (Metis Aboriginal Ministries)
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.

We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. 

We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen. 


129 Sœpe expugnaverunt

1 "Greatly have they oppressed me since my youth," *
let Israel now say;

2 "Greatly have they oppressed me since my youth, *
but they have not prevailed against me."

3 The plowmen plowed upon my back *
and made their furrows long.

4 The Lord, the Righteous One, *
has cut the cords of the wicked.

5 Let them be put to shame and thrown back, *
all those who are enemies of Zion.

6 Let them be like grass upon the housetops, *
which withers before it can be plucked;

7 Which does not fill the hand of the reaper, *
nor the bosom of him who binds the sheaves;

8 So that those who go by say not so much as,
"The Lord prosper you. *
We wish you well in the Name of the Lord."


Chief Yellow Lark: I Come Before You

Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds and whose breath gives life to the world: as I come before You, one of Your many children, I am small and weak; I need Your strength and wisdom. May I walk in beauty; may my eyes behold the red and purple sunset; may my hands respect what You have made; may my ears be sharp to hear Your voice.

Make me wise, so I may know what You teach in every leaf and rock. Make me strong, so I may be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself. May I ever be ready to come to You with clean hands and straight eyes, so that when life fades like a sunset, I may come You without shame.

Isaiah 52:7-10


7 How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who announces peace,
who brings good news,
who announces salvation,
who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns.’
8 Listen! Your sentinels lift up their voices,
together they sing for joy;
for in plain sight they see
the return of the Lord to Zion.
9 Break forth together into singing,
you ruins of Jerusalem;
for the Lord has comforted his people,
he has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord has bared his holy arm
before the eyes of all the nations;
and all the ends of the earth shall see
the salvation of our God.

Canticle 13
A Song of Praise Benedictus es, Domine
Song of the Three Young Men, 29-34


Glory to you, Lord God of our fathers; *
you are worthy of praise; glory to you.

Glory to you for the radiance of your holy Name; *
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Glory to you in the splendor of your temple; *
on the throne of your majesty, glory to you.

Glory to you, seated between the Cherubim; *
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Glory to you, beholding the depths; *
in the high vault of heaven, glory to you.

Glory to you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; *
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Sioux Indian Prayers

GREAT SPIRIT

Great Spirit,

The star nations all over the heavens are Yours,

And Yours are the grasses of the earth.

You are older than all need,

Older than all pain and prayer.

Great Spirit,

Teach us to walk the soft earth as relatives to all that live.

I NEED YOUR STRENGTH

Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds and whose breath gives life to the whole world, I come before You as one of Your many children.

Grant me to walk in beauty and that my eyes may ever behold the crimson sunset.

May my hands treat with respect the things which You have created.

May my ears hear Your voice.

Make me wise that I may understand what You have hidden in every leaf and every rock.

I long for strength not to conquer others but to conquer myself.

May I ever come to You with pure hands and candid eyes, so that my spirit, when life disappears like the setting sun, may stand unashamed before You.



Luke 6:17-23

Jesus Teaches and Heals

17 He came down with them and stood on a level place, with a great crowd of his disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea, Jerusalem, and the coast of Tyre and Sidon. 18They had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those who were troubled with unclean spirits were cured. 19And all in the crowd were trying to touch him, for power came out from him and healed all of them.

Blessings and Woes

20 Then he looked up at his disciples and said:

‘Blessed are you who are poor,

for yours is the kingdom of God.

21 ‘Blessed are you who are hungry now,

for you will be filled.

‘Blessed are you who weep now,

for you will laugh.


22 ‘Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you, revile you, and defame you* on account of the Son of Man. 23Rejoice on that day and leap for joy, for surely your reward is great in heaven; for that is what their ancestors did to the prophets.

Plains Indian Prayer

GREAT GOD, WE SUMMON YOU

Great Spirit, who dwells in every object, every person and every place: we summon You from the far places into our present awareness.

God of the North, Who gives wings to the waters of the air and rolls out the snow-storm covering the earth with silver carpet: temper us with toughness to withstand the biting blizzard.

God of the East and of the red sun’s rising, brace us that we neither neglect our gifts nor lose in laziness the hopes each day affords.

God of the South Whose warm breath of compassion dissolves our fears and meets our hatreds: teach us that they who are truly strong are also kind.

God of the West and of the sunset, bless us with knowledge of the freedom which follows the well-disciplined life.

God of the earth beneath our feet, storer of unreckoned resources: we would give thanks unceasingly for Your great bounty.

Great God within, may we be aware of the goodness of the gift of life and be worthy of its priceless privilege.


Settings of the Lord's Prayer as found in A New Zealand Prayer Book
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.
or the alternative form.
Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.

God of compassion, you have reconciled us in Jesus Christ who is our peace: Enable us to live as Jesus lived, breaking down walls of hostility and healing enmity. Give us grace to make peace with those from whom we are divided, that, forgiven and forgiving, we may ever be one in Christ; who with you and the Holy Spirit reigns for ever, one holy and undivided Trinity. Amen.

Almighty God, who led your pilgrim people of old by fire and cloud: Grant that the ministers of your Church, following the example of your servant Enmegahbowh, may lead your people with fiery zeal and gentle humility. This we ask through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Almighty and everlasting God, you have given to us your servants grace, by the confession of a true faith, to acknowledge the glory of the eternal Trinity, and in the power of your divine Majesty to worship the Unity: Keep us steadfast in this faith and worship, and bring us at last to see you in your one and eternal glory, O Father; who with the Son and the Holy Spirit live and reign, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

God of creation, we thank you for all that you have made and called good: Grant that we may rightly serve and conserve the earth, and live at peace with all your creatures; through Jesus Christ, the firstborn of all creation, in whom you are reconciling the whole world to yourself. Amen.


Trinity of Love,
maker of man and woman in your image
help us to accept ourselves as we are,
and to know our need for each other.
Hear this prayer for your love’s sake.
Amen. (ANZPB)

For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.


For Knowledge of God's Creation

Almighty and everlasting God, you made the universe with
all its marvelous order, its atoms, worlds, and galaxies, and
the infinite complexity of living creatures: Grant that, as we
probe the mysteries of your creation, we may come to know
you more truly, and more surely fulfill our role in your
eternal purpose; in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For the Conservation of Natural Resources

Almighty God, in giving us dominion over things on earth,
you made us fellow workers in your creation: Give us wisdom
and reverence so to use the resources of nature, that no one
may suffer from our abuse of them, and that generations yet
to come may continue to praise you for your bounty; through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


For the Harvest of Lands and Waters

O gracious Father, who openest thine hand and fillest all
things living with plenteousness: Bless the lands and waters,
and multiply the harvests of the world; let thy Spirit go
forth, that it may renew the face of the earth; show thy
loving-kindness, that our land may give her increase; and
save us from selfish use of what thou givest, that men and
women everywhere may give thee thanks; through Christ 
our Lord. Amen.


For the Future of the Human Race

O God our heavenly Father, you have blessed us and given us
dominion over all the earth: Increase our reverence before
the mystery of life; and give us new insight into your purposes
for the human race, and new wisdom and determination in
making provision for its future in accordance with your will;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


 For the Diversity of Races and Cultures

O God, who created all peoples in your image, we thank you
for the wonderful diversity of races and cultures in this world.
Enrich our lives by ever-widening circles of fellowship, and
show us your presence in those who differ most from us, until
our knowledge of your love is made perfect in our love for all
your children; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 For the Beauty of the Earth

We give you thanks, most gracious God, for the beauty of
earth and sky and sea; for the richness of mountains, plains,
and rivers; for the songs of birds and the loveliness of flowers.
We praise you for these good gifts, and pray that we may
safeguard them for our posterity. Grant that we may continue
to grow in our grateful enjoyment of your abundant creation,
to the honor and glory of your Name, now and for ever. Amen.

 Let us pray,


God we pray for peace your broken world.
May peace and love prevail.

God we pray for women and children and the most vulnerable who are in danger or abuse.
May peace, love, and compassionate care prevail.

God we pray for our enemies and our enemies' family members who are caught in war's cross hairs.
May peace and love prevail.

God we pray for all refugees, captives, and all who are victims of human trafficking.
May they be set free to live in safety and may peace and love prevail.

God we pray for  all of our leaders that they may stop legislating cruelty and be aware that when they are hurting another human or living being they are hurting and doing violence to you.
May justice roll down and may peace and love prevail

God we pray for all of us who are struggling to live out in the open as the beautiful children whom God has made.  May we not be afraid to live authentically into our own truth.
May we have strength and courage to be ourselves and may peace, justice, equality, and love prevail.

God we pray for all who are ill in body mind and spirit may they be healed of all their infirmities!
May health and healing take place and may love and peace prevail in our bodies, minds, and spirits.

God we pray for all who are in mourning over any kind of  loss.
May love ,comfort and peace prevail in their hearts.

God we pray this night for all who are homeless, hungry, and ill clad.
May we lovingly respond to their needs and may they find shelter from the cold and nourishment for their bodies.

God we add our thanksgivings, thoughtful thoughts, and additional prayers________________
Let us lift these our prayers in the Name of Jesus, our brother, friend, savior, teacher, and  healer. Amen.


Let us pray in the words attributed to St. Francis and Teresa of Avila.
A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Teresa of Avila (1515–1582)
Christ Has No Body

“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”  Teresa of Avila
The Beatitudes Matthew 5:3–12
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (5:3)
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)


How long must we be faced with the deaths of our innocents? How long must our family members endure torture at the hands of governments, tyrants, and extremists ? How long must we see and hear these stories of murder, abuse, terror, hate and injustice on a daily basis? How long will it take for so-called Christian people to wake up and see what they are saying and preaching is against the Lord and Savior they are supposedly following? How long O, God ? How Long? How long  O, Jesus? How long O, Holy Spirit? How Long? 

Let us with God's help:

Stand with the people of Orlando, San Bernardino, Paris, Lebanon, Beirut, Baghdad Ferguson, Staten Island, Sandy Hook, Sydney, Peshwar and________ all places where violence is occurring on a daily basis.
( You may add additional cities and family members who were and are affected each day by acts of violence and terror)


Not be complacent but actively engaged in fighting injustice everywhere.

Stand up for what is right, just, and merciful.

Stand up against violence, terror, torture, and abuse of any kind.

Stand up and practice peace and be God's peace makers.

Stand with refugees, captives, victims of violence and abuse, victims of modern slavery and human trafficking, our undocumented immigrants, LGBTQ sisters and brothers. We all our family !

Love God, Family members, and ourselves.

Stand up and be light bearers to your fragile and broken world.

Stand up for universal human rights for all God's Children.

Stand with each other and not against each other.

Stand up against extremism in all its forms.

Stand with the least of these

Stand with the voiceless ones and those who are crying out and seeking to be heard.

Stand with the vulnerable.

Stand with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as bringers of love, peace, joy, and hope.


The light of Christ in me recognizes the light of Christ in you!

The God in me Loves me Loves the God in you!

The Holy Spirit who comforts me Comforts you this day when things we can't explain and gives us heavy heart.

Will you Stand with me?  Will you love one another?  Will you love your enemies and do good to those who hate you?  Will you continue to walk with me on our journey?

+++++

Here are  additional prayers based on the above.

Let us with God's help stand together in prayer responding  Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we,Stand with the people of Kamloops, Tulsa,  Orlando, San Bernardino, Paris, Lebanon, Beirut, Palestine, Israel, Syria, Baghdad, Ferguson, Staten Island, Sandy Hook, Sydney, Peshwar and all places where violence is occurring on a daily basis.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us! 

Please pray these place names and remember: List of Mass Shootings in the United States. Add more places and update. Come Lord Jesus and Help Us.

Lord God may we, Not be complacent but actively engaged in fighting injustice everywhere.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we ,Stand up for what is right, just, and merciful.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we,Stand up against violence, terror, torture, and abuse of any kind.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we,Stand up and practice peace and be God's peace makers.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we, Stand with refugees, captives, victims of violence and abuse, victims of modern slavery and human trafficking, our undocumented immigrants, LGBTQ sisters and brothers. We all our family !
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we, Love God, our Family members, and ourselves.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we,Stand up and be light bearers to your fragile and broken world.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we, Stand up for universal human rights for all God's Children.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we,Stand with each other and not against each other.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!


Lord God may we, Stand up against extremism in all its forms
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!

Stand with the least of these
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!

Lord God may we, Stand with the voiceless ones and those who are crying out and seeking to be heard.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!

Lord God may we, Stand with the vulnerable.
Come Lord Jesus and Help us!

Lord God may we,Stand with you, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as bringers of love, peace, joy, and hope.

The light of Christ in me recognizes the light of Christ in you!

The God in me Loves me Loves the God in you!

The Holy Spirit who comforts me Comforts  you this day when things we can't explain and gives us heavy heart.

Lord God we add our own prayers and those of our family members who have requested our prayers especially_____________

Come Lord Jesus and Help us!

To You, O Lord, our God.

Will we Stand together ?  Will we continue to  love one another?  Will we continue to  love our enemies and do good to those who hate us? Will we continue to serve and support all of us who are brothers and sisters in the Family of Love who are friends, allies, of those who are in the LGBTQ community and those who practice Islam?
Will we stand together as children of God and as peace makers and those who speak truth to power? Ponder these things.



The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind, in the waves, and in our hearts
Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind,in  the waves.
Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind.
Be still and hear the whisper of God.
Be still and hear the whisper.
Be still and hear.
Be still.
Be.

God is Love and where true love is,God himself is there!
God is Love and where true love is God himself is.
God is Love and where true love is God
God is Love and where true love is.
God is Love

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Lew Sarett: Wind in the Pine

Oh, I can hear you, God, above the cry
Of the tossing trees—
Rolling your windy tides across the sky,
And splashing your silver seas
Over the pine,
To the water-line
Of the moon.
Oh, I can hear you, God,
Above the wail of the lonely loon—
When the pine-tops pitch and nod—
Chanting your melodies
Of ghostly waterfalls and avalanches,,
Washing your wind among the branches
To make them pure and white.
Wash over me, God, with your piney breeze,
And your moon’s wet-silver pool;
Wash over me, God, with your wind and night,
And leave me clean and cool.
++++
Douglas Steere: Into the Center

O God, draw us from the circumference of life, where we have been living, into the Center. Draw us from preoccupation with ourselves into Your presence. Draw us from our claimful selves, and give us Yourself. In Your presence, we find simplicity amidst complexity; and compulsive activities yield to a willingness to live with singleness of heart.

Christ be within us to keep us, 
beside us to guard, 
before us to lead, 
behind us to protect, 
beneath us to support, 
above us to bless.

+++++

Good Night Dear Ones! I love you! May you have a blessed and restful night! I give God thanks for you this night and always!


May love and peace prevail, 

Sara


Resources

A to Z quotes
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Book of Common Prayer
Prayers of Power
Satucket Lectionary



No comments:

Post a Comment