Monday, May 1, 2017

The First Monday In May! Let's Make Vigil, Pray, and Breathe, and Be still!






Good Evening Dear Ones! 

I love you and hope you all had a wonderful May Day or First Monday in May! We are in the 5th month already! Hard to believe. So what does that mean for us tonight? I'm not sure, but please just follow along and see where God is leading us !  

Let us pray and make vigil !


It is true: the Lord has risen.Luke 24:34
Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.1 Corinthians 15:20
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whose great mercy we have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.                                           1 Peter 1:3  

Christ is risen. Alleluia.
And has appeared to the disciples. Alleluia.

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.

Holy God and Creator of us all, we light our candles this night in prayer as we seek to find a way through the wilderness of hate, division, and fear. Give us strength to put on the mantle of  Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy. Give us the courage to speak truth to power when necessary not only with our words but in our deeds of loving kindness and in service to the least of these our family members. Give us  new skill sets in order to become your peacemakers so that we may work towards unity and not division. Grant us wisdom to know when we should speak and how to act in the best interest of all. Kindle in our hearts a new spirit of trust, friendship, and family hood. Take away any thing that is causing us to be led to bitterness, fear, and hate. Give us the courage to educate ourselves and others in order to help make this fragile and broken world a place where history won't keep repeating itself. We pray for all who are in danger throughout the world and that we may be the light and love to this world not only to our friends but our enemies.  We remember this night the prayer of St. Francis:



The Peace Prayer

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.





Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.



A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit
Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21

Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors *
a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, *
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.
To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, *
and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day *
and a blaze of stars by night.
She brought them across the Red Sea, *
she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss.
And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, *
and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people.

Psalm 71:1–8

In te, Domine, speravi
In you, O Lord, have I taken refuge; *
let me never be ashamed.
2 In your righteousness, deliver me and set me free; *
incline your ear to me and save me.
3 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe; *
you are my crag and my stronghold.
4 Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, *
from the clutches of the evildoer and the oppressor.
5 For you are my hope, O Lord God, *
my confidence since I was young.
6 I have been sustained by you ever since I was born;
from my mother's womb you have been my strength; *
my praise shall be always of you.
7 I have become a portent to many; *
but you are my refuge and my strength.
8 Let my mouth be full of your praise *
and your glory all the day long.


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.




A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11

Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.



Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.



A Song of Faith
1 Peter 1:3-4,18-21

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
by divine mercy we have a new birth into a living hope;
Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, *
we have an inheritance that is imperishable in heaven.
The ransom that was paid to free us *
was not paid in silver or gold,
But in the precious blood of Christ, *
the Lamb without spot or stain.
God raised Jesus from the dead and gave him glory *
so that we might have faith and hope in God.




Let us continue with our prayers!


Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey? 
Our Response to God not our asking!
Respond and then pray in response.
Take time to pray and think before you respond.
Breathe deeply and exhale slowly between each petition. 

These prayers are as if God is asking you the questions. Respond any way that you wish as long as they come from your hearts, heart homes, with Love Energy.

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey.?
Respond: Yes God, I will walk wherever you walk, and journey with light and joyful feet upon your most Holy Ground.


Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey to wholeness, holiness, and health?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey to peace of mind and become a peacemaker to this fragile and broken world.

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and serve the least of these whom we will meet on this holy path?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and  love others as I  love you?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and help me conserve my Cathedral of Life?

Child of God will you take my hand and  Walk With Me On Our Journey and help me care for all of my family members wherever they may be?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and pray daily  for me, for our family members remembering especially___________?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and be thoughtful and give thanks daily remembering to give thanks for_______________?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and remember that every day is You and we all Matter Monday and that everyone matters even our most difficult family members?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and Take Care on Take Care Tuesday not just for  ourselves but others?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and see the Wonder on this Wonder-filled Wednesday?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and Keep the Faith Friday Fearlessly without fretting and lay down your burdens_____________________?

Child of God will you take my hand and Walk With Me On Our Journey and practice and prepare for Self and Sabbath Care Weekend?


Child of God let us walk together upon this most holy ground as the holy people of God and remember that every day that we live, move, and just be is holy. Amen.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.


The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.


The Beatitudes

5 When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.


The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis

Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

In darkness and in light,
in trouble and in joy,
help us, heavenly Father,
to trust your love,
to serve your purpose,
and to praise your name,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale, hold
Exhale gently, Pause, Repeat.


Peace be still.
Be at peace.
Go in peace.
Serve God in Peace.

++++++

Good Night Dear Ones I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always.


With love,

Sara

Resources:
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1997
New Zealand Prayer Book

No comments:

Post a Comment