Saturday, September 16, 2017

Welcome to our Prayer vigil and Mobile Mindfulness Toolkit making Workshop.




Good Evening Brothers and Sisters in Love and God!


Happy Self-Care Saturday! I hope all is well. Tonight this blog is in two parts! The first part is our Mobile Mindfulness Workshop followed by our prayer vigil. What do I mean by a Mobile Mindfulness Workshop? Mobile mindfulness simply means having items to help us be mindful on the go and wherever we are.   For this toolkit you will need the following items (none of these items will be a digital device): Prayer beads (rosary), a timer maybe a salt hour glass timer, a smooth stone, sticky notes, pen,  a small container or two.and maybe a hand held labyrinth, small book of prayers, candles, and holder.  Tonight let's make a list of the things we may need;  When you compile these items place them wherever you may need them for either home use and on the go. 

Here is a pictorial guide of the things (sacred items)  you will need.





Rosary Beads
or


Image result for Episcopal Prayer Beads


Image result for egg timer


Image result for smoothe stone


Image result for sticky notes and a pen


Small Container if you can find one with salt on it to remind you that you are the "Salt of the Earth" the better.
Image result for salt container


Image result for handheld labyrinth


Image result for small book of prayers

Image result for Candles and holder


Box tor the items!

Image result for small gift box

Now let us center ourselves and make prayer and be in vigil.

Let us begin as we usually do with the "Be stills"

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be

Inhale God's healing spirit.
Exhale God''s love gently out into the world.


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be

Inhale God's healing spirit.
Exhale God''s love gently out into the world.


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be

Inhale God's healing spirit.
Exhale God''s love gently out into the world.


Let us cleanse our hearts and minds from all of the gunk that is clogging up our lives and preventing us from being a united family by praying the smudging prayer.

A Smudging Prayer

Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ.
May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit
 will help us to worship in spirit and truth.
We pray in the name of Jesus,
so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you.
Amen.


Image result for smudging sage


Let us light our candles and place them in the sand bowl as a symbol of unity and as a family. 


Image result for candles in sand

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Let us say together the Mayan Poem In Lak Ech by Luis Valdez

IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

As we continue our time of  Sabbath Rest may we take time to light our candles once again  and pray and shine the light of Christ to a fragile and broken world. God help us to illumine our pathways so that we may follow in the footsteps where you are leading us. We pray that the light we carry may shine brightly into the dark places and into our family member's lives. We pray that the darkness that we are experiencing my be illumined by the light of Christ and God's grace. We pray for peace and that we may light candles to show that we are in unity with each other. Help us to hold the Christ light to everyone we meet. We pray this night for all of the least of these who are seeking food, clothing, shelter,and clean water. We pray for all or our family members who seek to do us harm that you O God may set their hearts ablaze with love and the difference between right and wrong. We pray that we may become peacemakers and light bearers and that we may seek to do God's will. We pray this night that we may continue to love one another with compassion, acceptance, love and mercy. The Light of Christ in me recognize the light of Christ in you this night and always. 


Psalm 97:1-2,7-12

97 Dominus regnavit

1 The Lord is King;
let the earth rejoice; *
let the multitude of the isles be glad.

2 Clouds and darkness are round about him, *
righteousness and justice are the foundations of his throne.


[3 A fire goes before him *
and burns up his enemies on every side.

4 His lightnings light up the world; *
the earth sees it and is afraid.

5 The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord, *
at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6 The heavens declare his righteousness, *
and all the peoples see his glory.]



7 Confounded be all who worship carved images
and delight in false gods! *
Bow down before him, all you gods.

8 Zion hears and is glad, and the cities of Judah rejoice, *
because of your judgments, O Lord.

9 For you are the Lord,
most high over all the earth; *
you are exalted far above all gods.

10 The Lord loves those who hate evil; *
he preserves the lives of his saints
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

11 Light has sprung up for the righteous, *
and joyful gladness for those who are truehearted.

12 Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous, *
and give thanks to his holy Name.





Isaiah 49:1-6

49Listen to me, O coastlands,
   pay attention, you peoples from far away!
The Lord called me before I was born,
   while I was in my mother’s womb he named me. 
2 He made my mouth like a sharp sword,
   in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me a polished arrow,
   in his quiver he hid me away. 
3 And he said to me, ‘You are my servant,
   Israel, in whom I will be glorified.’ 
4 But I said, ‘I have laboured in vain,
   I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity;
yet surely my cause is with the Lord,
   and my reward with my God.’ 

5 And now the Lord says,
   who formed me in the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him,
   and that Israel might be gathered to him,
for I am honoured in the sight of the Lord,
   and my God has become my strength— 
6 he says,
‘It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
   to raise up the tribes of Jacob
   and to restore the survivors of Israel;
I will give you as a light to the nations,
   that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.’ 

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem
Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22
Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *
I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *
and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, *
she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *
diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; *
I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, *
for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, *
therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, *
therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,*
and with it will I offer praise to God.

Acts 10:21-35

21So Peter went down to the men and said, ‘I am the one you are looking for; what is the reason for your coming?’ 22They answered, ‘Cornelius, a centurion, an upright and God-fearing man, who is well spoken of by the whole Jewish nation, was directed by a holy angel to send for you to come to his house and to hear what you have to say.’ 23So Peter* invited them in and gave them lodging.
The next day he got up and went with them, and some of the believers*from Joppa accompanied him. 24The following day they came to Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. 25On Peter’s arrival Cornelius met him, and falling at his feet, worshipped him. 26But Peter made him get up, saying, ‘Stand up; I am only a mortal.’ 27And as he talked with him, he went in and found that many had assembled; 28and he said to them, ‘You yourselves know that it is unlawful for a Jew to associate with or to visit a Gentile; but God has shown me that I should not call anyone profane or unclean. 29So when I was sent for, I came without objection. Now may I ask why you sent for me?’
30 Cornelius replied, ‘Four days ago at this very hour, at three o’clock, I was praying in my house when suddenly a man in dazzling clothes stood before me. 31He said, “Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God. 32Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon, who is called Peter; he is staying in the home of Simon, a tanner, by the sea.” 33Therefore I sent for you immediately, and you have been kind enough to come. So now all of us are here in the presence of God to listen to all that the Lord has commanded you to say.’
34 Then Peter began to speak to them: ‘I truly understand that God shows no partiality, 35but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

Canticle D
A Song of the Wilderness
Isaiah 35:1-7,10
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, *
the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
It shall blossom abundantly, *
and rejoice with joy and singing.
They shall see the glory of the Lord, *
the majesty of our God.
Strengthen the weary hands, *
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to the anxious, “Be strong, do not fear! *
Here is your God, coming with judgment to save you.”
Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, *
and the ears of the deaf be unstopped.
Then shall the lame leap like a deer, *
and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness *
and streams in the desert;
The burning sand shall become a pool *
and the thirsty ground, springs of water.
The ransomed of God shall return with singing, *
with everlasting joy upon their heads.
Joy and gladness shall be theirs, *
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Matthew 28:16-20

16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17When they saw him, they worshipped him; but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’*

A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11

Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.

O God, who by the preaching of your blessed servant and bishop Ninian caused the light of the Gospel to shine in the land of Britain: Grant, we pray, that, having his life and labors in remembrance, we may show our thankfulness by following the example of his zeal and patience; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

 The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever



Let us take time to add more prayers, meditate, and make vigil upon what matters most.


Let there be peace on Earth and Let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth and Let it begin.
Let there be peace on Earth
Let there be peace.

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Let there be peace on Earth and Let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth and Let it begin.
Let there be peace on Earth
Let there be peace.

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Let there be peace on Earth and Let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth and Let it begin.
Let there be peace on Earth
Let there be peace.

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

+++++++++

God we thank you for making us in your image and likeness. We light our candles tonight to pray and find our way out of the darkness that has infected the planet you gave us to live and be good stewards of. We pray that we may shine your light to our family members who are in need of a hand and heart to help them light the way out of terror, bullying, and abuse. God we pray that as we shine this light to others we may shine a light on the places in this world and in our own country where there is injustice, hate, and inequality. We pray that we may seek raise our voices on behalf of the least of these who need a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear, and family members to love and care for them. We pray that we may follow the good examples of Jesus, The Good Samaritan, The Woman with the Alabaster Jar, and the woman who wiped Jesus' face on the Via Dolorosa. Help us with the light that you have given us to see God and Jesus in each other and be able to see only loving souls as beams light to help light the way to become CALM (Compassionate, accepting, loving, and merciful) beings made in the image and likeness of God. Amen.


  What Matters Most important things to consider and pray for as we continue in worship, community, prayer, and meditation.

Here is my What Matters Most List:

What Matters Most:

Loving God
Loving our Family Members
Loving ourselves
Caring for the least of these
Clothing the naked
Welcoming the stranger
Feeding the hungry.
Housing the homeless.
Sheltering those who live on the streets with warm and safe places to spend the night.
Giving water to those who are thirsty
Treating everyone with dignity and respect.
Handling everyone's tender selves with care.
Treading upon God's Cathedral of life with reverence and awe.
Making each day and moment we live holy.
Seeing God in each other.
Following in Jesus' footsteps where ever he leads us.
Loving our enemies.
Making peace in our hearts and in ourselves.  Becoming peacemakers at home and throughout our worldwide neighborhood.
Accepting and including everyone even if they rub you the wrong way 
Being a voice for the voiceless
Speaking truth to power
Respecting the dignity of every human being.
Comforting the widow and orphan
Comforting those who mourn.
Vigiling at the bedside of someone who is dying.
Respite and loving care for the care giver!
Learning to love and accept each other's differences with Love Energy!
Relaxing and renewing our bodies, minds, and spirits so that we may serve God and each other in God's Kindom and Kingdom.
The list is endless!

What Matters Most to you?
How do we make changes happen in our lives and what must we do?

How do we do this?

We rid ourselves of unnecessary labels.
We rid ourselves of or potential divisiveness 
We rid ourselves of hate
We rid ourselves of the need to one up each other
We rid ourselves of  unjust thoughts and actions
We rid ourselves of all harmful thoughts and prejudices
We rid ourselves of misconceptions.
We rid  ourselves of the many ways in which we seek to destroy each other 

Then what must we do?

We see each other as God's beautifully and unique child of God made in God's image and likeness.
We see to strive to be united with God and each other.
We put on the garment of love and love one another 
We level the playing field and see each other as equals.
We sow seeds of justice, love, mercy, and peace.
We place in our minds thoughts of hope, joy, love, peace, and compassion.
We learn about one another and draw upon each other's strengths and courage.
We sow seeds of love and rely upon each other as family members and neighbors.
We must seek to love all humanity, living things, and care for God's Cathedral of  living, loving, moving, and being.


Let us be at prayer!

God we pray that we may lean upon one another and find perfect love and solace with all of our family members.

God we pray that we may finally take away all labels that divide us. 

God we pray that we may sow seeds of love not hate.

God we pray that we may see each other as equals and know that in your Kingdom we all get in and know this because of Jesus' saving action upon the cross.

God we pray that we may help promote peace and respect everyone's dignity.

God may we place our minds in the paths of right thinking .

God may we learn and lean on one another so that we may see our similarities not differences.

God may we draw upon each other's strengths and courage and be a soft place in which to fall.

God may we rely upon one another and not treat each other as invisible.

God  may we  strive to love one another and all of your animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms.

God may we with you sew seeds of love, mercy , and justice.

God we pray for ourselves and all of our family members who have requested our prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and celebrations especially__________________


Jesus who called us to be friends ,may we be united one to another and lay these our prayers at your feet and loving arms and in your most Holy Name. Amen


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32
Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)



Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.
(source: from Saint Clare)



+++++

Good Night Brothers and Sisters! I love you and am blessed and thankful to God to call you family. Rest well. Tomorrow we will put the pieces together. Each of the items will become a part of the vigil and circle of love! 

Love and bountiful blessings,

Sara

Resources:
Enriching our Worship
Book of Common Prayer
Metis Aboriginal Ministries
Walk With Me On Our Journey
In Lak'Ech by Luis Valdez
Satucket Lectcionary for Lessons and our Saint of the Day : NINIAN OF GALLOWAY BISHOP, MISSIONARY TO SCOTLAND (16 SEP 430)

No comments:

Post a Comment