Sunday, January 20, 2019

A Day of Sabbath Rest and Prayer Time






Good Evening Beloved Community!


Happy Sabbath Day! Tonight is a time of Sabbath Rest, Reflection, and Renewal.
So let us begin!


Let us engage in the "Be Stills " .

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.







Come let us worship!
From: "JUSTICE, AND ONLY JUSTICE"Daily devotions for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2019  Please read today's meditation by Archbishop Fred Hiltz

Psalm 145:8-13 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

8 The Lord is gracious and merciful,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
9 The Lord is good to all,
    and his compassion is over all that he has made.
10 All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord,
    and all your faithful shall bless you.
11 They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom,
    and tell of your power,
12 to make known to all people your mighty deeds,
    and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
    and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
The Lord is faithful in all his words,
    and gracious in all his deeds.


God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

We call to mind your steadfast love, O God, in the midst of your temple. As your name is great O God, so is your praise to the ends of the earth. Psalm 48:9,10


Happy are those whose helper is the God of Jacob; whose hope is in the Lord their God, who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them, who keeps a promise for ever. Psalm 146:5,6


It is the God who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6

God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us. Romans 5:5

My people, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you.’ Isaiah 41:8,9


Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. Hebrews 12:1,2

It is the God who said, Let light shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our body. 2 Corinthians 4:6-10
Help us o God as we come and make time in this sacred circle of healing and love to find wisdom and the wonder and mystery of the sacred. 

Let us imagine tonight's candle lighting in the form of a circle  where we light our candles and pass the light around the circle. 

A PRAYER FOR GOD’S LIGHT
Eternal God, shed your light on us who watch for you,
that our lips may praise you,
our hearts bless you,
and our lives glorify you,
through Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Amen.

God of Love we come before you this night as one family in unity and love. We stand before you as your beloved children made in your image and likeness asking that we be empowered to stand with each other when we are the focus of bullying, bigotry, premeditated invisibility, or any action that creates rather than celebrates the diverse humanity that you have created. Help us stand and let our voices be loud, with urgency. Let us take our feet and march together as symbols as one family in courage and steadfast determination to be the change we want to see in the world. As we make vigil and pray this night let us continually remember your call to welcome all and respect the dignity of every stranger in our midst wherever they have come from. Let us also remember to pray for the rich diversity of all nations, faiths, and peoples. 






Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.


Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.

Anthem at the Candle Lighting

Epiphany 
All nations shall be blessed in him, * and do him service.
All nations shall be blessed in him, and do him service.
All kings shall bow down before him:
And do him service.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
All nations shall be blessed in him, and do him service.
V. The kings of Tarshish and the isles shall pay tribute:
R. The kings of Arabia and Saba shall offer gifts.




"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." ~ Henri Nouwen
Confession of Need (Enriching our Worship 2)

Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.
Silence

Minister and People
Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.

Minister
May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
A Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.

Image result for smudging ceremony


In Lak 'Ech by Luis Valdez

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself










25 Ad te, Domine, levavi

1 To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul;
my God, I put my trust in you; *
let me not be humiliated,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

2 Let none who look to you be put to shame; *
let the treacherous be disappointed in their schemes.

3 Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

4 Lead me in your truth and teach me, *
for you are the God of my salvation;
in you have I trusted all the day long.

5 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and love, *
for they are from everlasting.

6 Remember not the sins of my youth and my transgressions; *
remember me according to your love
and for the sake of your goodness, O Lord.

7 Gracious and upright is the Lord; *
therefore he teaches sinners in his way.

8 He guides the humble in doing right *
and teaches his way to the lowly.

9 All the paths of the Lord are love and faithfulness *
to those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

10 For your Name's sake, O Lord, *
forgive my sin, for it is great.

11 Who are they who fear the Lord? *
he will teach them the way that they should choose.

12 They shall dwell in prosperity, *
and their offspring shall inherit the land.

13 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him *
and will show them his covenant.

14 My eyes are ever looking to the Lord, *
for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
  

15 Turn to me and have pity on me, *
for I am left alone and in misery.

16 The sorrows of my heart have increased; *
bring me out of my troubles.

17 Look upon my adversity and misery *
and forgive me all my sin.

18 Look upon my enemies, for they are many, *
and they bear a violent hatred against me.

19 Protect my life and deliver me; *
let me not be put to shame, for I have trusted in you.

20 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, *
for my hope has been in you.

21 Deliver Israel, O God, *
out of all his troubles.



Isaiah 62:1-5

62For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
   and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,
until her vindication shines out like the dawn,
   and her salvation like a burning torch. 
2 The nations shall see your vindication,
   and all the kings your glory;
and you shall be called by a new name
   that the mouth of the Lord will give. 
3 You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord,
   and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. 
4 You shall no more be termed Forsaken,*
   and your land shall no more be termed Desolate;*
but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her,*
   and your land Married;*
for the Lord delights in you,
   and your land shall be married. 
5 For as a young man marries a young woman,
   so shall your builder* marry you,
and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
   so shall your God rejoice over you.

I COME BEFORE YOU

Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds and whose breath gives life to the world: as I come before You, one of Your many children, I am small and weak; I need Your strength and wisdom.

May I walk in beauty; may my eyes behold the red and purple sunset; may my hands respect what You have made; may my ears be sharp to hear Your voice.

Make me wise, so I may know what You teach in every leaf and rock.

Make me strong, so I may be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself.

May I ever be ready to come to You with clean hands and straight eyes, so that when life fades like a sunset, I may come to You without shame.

Chief Yellow Lark


1 Corinthians 12:1-11

12Now concerning spiritual gifts,* brothers and sisters,* I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, you were enticed and led astray to idols that could not speak. 3Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says ‘Let Jesus be cursed!’ and no one can say ‘Jesus is Lord’ except by the Holy Spirit.

4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; 6and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. 7To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the discernment of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are activated by one and the same Spirit, who allots to each one individually just as the Spirit chooses.

GREAT GOD, WE SUMMON YOU

Great Spirit, who dwells in every object, every person and every place: we summon You from the far places into our present awareness.

God of the North, Who gives wings to the waters of the air and rolls out the snowstorm covering the earth with silver carpet: temper us with toughness to withstand the biting blizzard.

God of the East and of the red sun’s rising, brace us that we neither neglect our gifts nor lose in laziness the hopes each day affords.

God of the South Whose warm breath of compassion dissolves our fears and meets our hatreds: teach us that they who are truly strong are also kind.

God of the West and of the sunset, bless us with knowledge of the freedom which follows the well disciplined life.

God of the earth beneath our feet, storer of unreckoned resources: we would give thanks unceasingly for Your great bounty.

Great God within, may we be aware of the goodness of the gift of life and be worthy of its priceless privilege.

Plains Indian Prayer

John 2:1-11

2On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3When the wine gave out, the mother of Jesus said to him, ‘They have no wine.’ 4And Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, what concern is that to you and to me? My hour has not yet come.’ 5His mother said to the servants, ‘Do whatever he tells you.’ 6Now standing there were six stone water-jars for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. 7Jesus said to them, ‘Fill the jars with water.’ And they filled them up to the brim. 8He said to them, ‘Now draw some out, and take it to the chief steward.’ So they took it. 9When the steward tasted the water that had become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the steward called the bridegroom 10and said to him, ‘Everyone serves the good wine first, and then the inferior wine after the guests have become drunk. But you have kept the good wine until now.’ 11Jesus did this, the first of his signs, in Cana of Galilee, and revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.


GREAT SPIRIT

Great Spirit,
The star nations all over the heavens are Yours,
And Yours are the grasses of the earth.
You are older than all need,
Older than all pain and prayer.

Great Spirit,
Teach us to walk the soft earth as relatives to all
that live.

Sioux Indian Prayer




Collects from A New Zealand Prayer Book

Series 1

Eternal God,
light of the minds that know you,
joy of the hearts that love you,
strength of the wills that serve you;
grant us so to know you that we may truly love you,
and so to love you that we may gladly serve you,
now and always.

We pray you, Jesus, take the old water,
our busy, conscientious lives,
and turn them into gospel wine,
that everyone may see your life 
and thirst.

Merciful God,
you have prepared for those who love you
such good things as pass our understanding;
pour into our hearts such love towards you
that, loving you above all else,
we may obtain your promises,
which exceed all that we can desire;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.


Series 2
Jesus, your ways are not our ways.
You are the Jewish boy,
you are the questioning child the parents lost.
Make us willing to listen
and humble in what we believe is right.

Holy and eternal God,
your Son Jesus Christ has taught us
to learn from the simple trust of children;
give us pure hearts and steadfast faith
to worship you in spirit and in truth;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus,
you saw the world through the eyes of a child.
Save us from the pride
that would refuse your command to live like you
in simplicity and joy.


Second Sunday after the Epiphany (BCP)

Almighty God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ is the light
of the world: Grant that your people, illumined by your Word
and Sacraments, may shine with the radiance of Christ's
glory, that he may be known, worshiped, and obeyed to the
ends of the earth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with
you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, now and
for ever. Amen.

From "Justice,  and Only Justice"


Let us pray: We give thanks for the work of national and local church
councils. Let us remember their care for the poor and their political
engagement in upholding the values inherent in the reign of God. Pray
that their witness be prospered and enhanced by their resolve to live by
the ancient counsel “justice, and only justice, shall you pursue."
— Archbishop Fred Hiltz



LITANY OF LOVE (From -Prayers for Today- Harvard Square Library- Services for Congregational Worship)

O God, the source of all being and all joy, let Your blessings be upon us, and fill us with Your love. From all jealousy and envy, from all unkindness, from offense given or taken, from unrighteous anger and an impatient spirit, from a hard and unforgiving temper, and from evilspeaking, O God, deliver us.

From all ambition and greed which bring want and distress to multitudes and debase the bodies and souls of many, shutting from them the fullness of life, O God, deliver us.

From an unquiet and discontented spirit, from despondency and gloom, from doubts of Your boundless love, and from forgetfulness of the manifold goods of life, O God, deliver us.

Inspire in us that spirit which suffers long and is kind; which envies not; boasts not itself, is not puffed up; which does not behave unseemly, and seeks not its own. Grant us to be filled with the fullness of Your spirit.

Quicken in us that charity which is not easily provoked, which thinks no evil, which rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; which bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things; the charity which never fails; That so by Your grace we may establish good will upon the earth.

O God, the Father and Mother of us all, who has breathed Your own spirit into Your children and made us to be one with each other as members of Your household: enable us to make Your house a refuge for every wounded spirit, a home for every aspiring soul. Amid diversities of knowledge and of faith, may we be one in spirit, in affection, and in devotion to You.

From- Walk With Me On Our Journey-

Holy, merciful, and loving God, we pray that we may continue to strive to follow your commandments to Love You, Our Neighbors, Our Enemies, and Ourselves.

Holy, merciful, and loving God, We pray that we may be peacemakers and become Your  Children. Let peace prevail upon earth.

Holy, merciful, and loving God, we pray that we may be practice patience and learn the art of holy waiting.

Holy, merciful and loving God, we pray that we may set ourselves on a path of loving kindness so that we may carry your light and love to a fragile and broken world.

Holy, merciful, and loving God, we pray that we may learn holy generosity and give of our time, talent, and treasure for the benefit of the least of these. May we give from the heart and not for a need of recognition.

Holy, merciful, and loving God, we pray that we may continue to practice and live out your call to us in faithfulness. Help us to breathe when we become frustrated.

Holy, merciful, and loving God, we pray that we may cultivate a climate of gentleness to all living things and that we may walk humbly and tenderly upon this planet you have created.

Holy, merciful, and loving God, we pray that we may learn how to have self-control daily and not feel the need for an amassing of things, food, and all other possessions that lead us away from You and serving you and the least of these.

Holy, merciful, and loving God we pray that we may live out our lives in the Joy of the Fruits of the Spirit. 

Holy, merciful and loving God we pray for________________

Holy, merciful and loving God we remember______________

Holy,merciful and loving God  we give thanks for__________



Holy, merciful, and loving God we lift up these our prayers in the name of Jesus your son who is the personification of the Fruits of the Spirit. Amen.

Christ Has No Body. by Teresa of Avila. 
Christ has no body but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours, Yours are the eyes with which he looks. Compassion on this world, Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good, Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.


A Collect for Sundays

Lord God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ triumphed over
the powers of death and prepared for us our place in the new
Jerusalem: Grant that we, who have this day given thanks for
his resurrection, may praise you in that City of which he is the
light, and where he lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen. 

For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ Our Lord.
Amen

62. A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are
born to eternal life. Amen.

Matthew 5:1-12New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Beatitudes

When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


God to enfold me,
God to surround me,
God in my speaking,
God in my thinking.

God in my sleeping,
God in my waking,
God in my watching,
God in my hoping.

God in my life,
God in my lips,
God in my soul,
God in my heart.

God in my sufficing,
God in my slumber,
God in mine ever-living soul,
God in mine eternity.

(Ancient celtic oral traditions - carmina gadelica)

 Deep peace I breathe into you, 
O weariness, here: 
O ache, here! 
Deep peace, a soft white dove to You; 
Deep peace, a quiet rain to you; 
Deep peace, an ebbing wave to you! 
Deep peace, red wind of the east from you; 
Deep peace, grey wind of the west to You; 
Deep peace, dark wind of the north from you; 
Deep peace, blue wind of the south to you! 
Deep peace, pure red of the flame to you; 
Deep peace, pure white of the moon to you; 
Deep peace, pure green of the grass to you; 
Deep peace, pure brown of the earth to you; 
Deep peace, pure grey of the dew to you, 
Deep peace, pure blue of the sky to you! 
Deep peace of the running wave to you, 
Deep peace of the flowing air to you, 
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you, 
Deep peace of the sleeping stones to you! 
Deep peace of the Yellow Shepherd to you, 
Deep peace of the Wandering Shepherdess to you, 
Deep peace of the Flock of Stars to you, 
Deep peace from the Son of Peace to you, 
Deep peace from the heart of Mary to you, 
And from Briget of the Mantle 
Deep peace, deep peace! 
And with the kindness too of the Haughty Father 
Peace! 
In the name of the Three who are One, 
Peace! And by the will of the King of the Elements, 
Peace! Peace!

(From "The Dominion of Dreams. Under the Dark Star 
by Fiona Macleod (William Sharp,1895))


O God of love and mercy,
grant us, with all your people, rest and peace.


The Lord bless us and keep us. Amen.
The Lord make his face to shine upon us
   and be gracious to us. Amen.
The Lord lift up his countenance upon us
   and give us peace. Amen.
Let us bless the God who dwells with in us.
Thanks be to God.

+++++++

Good Night Beloved Community! Rest gentle and when you awaken remember this Celtic Prayer

I arise today
Through a mighty strength:
God's power to guide me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's eyes to watch over me;
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to give me speech,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to shelter me,
God's host to secure me.
(first millenium - bridgid of gael)
 I love you and give thanks to God for you always.

With love and blessings,
Sara


Resources:


Watch this space as we join the Good Book Club and read Romans for the season of Epiphany!




A to Z Quotes
Book of Occasional Services 
Satucket Lectionary Page (NRSV)
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1 and 2
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey



Bonus Prayers!
Last year's Women's March Prayers
Prayers for today and  for those who rally, protest,and march at anytime .
God you have called us to march for our family members who have no voice.
Let our pounding footsteps sound speak the words of justice and liberty for all your children.
God you have called us to picket in front of places where our family members are being denied proper wages, healthcare, educational opportunity and any other cause that divides us.
Let our pickets speak the words along with our feet to ensure justice, liberty, and human rights for all of your children.
God you have called us to sit down and sit in so that our bodies may show others that we have the courage and resolve to stay put and do the necessary work that needs to be done for the good and protection of us all.
Let our bodies while we sit down and sit in be made strong so that when we protest we may show the world what true civil disobedience looks like.
God you have called us to write and circulate petitions to affect change. Help our words to be made clear and that change may come through our words and actions.
Let our words ring clear and that our petition(s) may reach the right places where our voices need to be heard and change may happen.
God you have called us to love radically with our actions not just for today but for tomorrow.
Let our love energy be the empowering force for good and to affect great change in this world and with each other.
God you have called us to go hungry and strike when we want to make a visible sign of how the least of these are going with out and that the pangs of hunger aren't just food related but liberty related.
Let us in the words of the Beatitudes to "Hunger and thirst after righteousness".
God you have called us to afflict the comfortable so that the afflicted may receive comfort.
Let us be the agents of CALM (Compassion, acceptance, love, and mercy)
God you have called us to use our gifts of prophesy, peacemaking, writing the wrongs of injustice, and giving of ourselves to be agents of change and your beloved children.
Let us be the lights, voices, hands, and feet in this world and may we never be afraid to practice civil disobedience and be non-violent protesters.
God help us to remember these things. Amen.

God we pray these classic words:
The Beatitudes
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
8 He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

Now let us pray for peace and unity among all people and nations!

God who made us and makes us one we pray for unity among all people and nations
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one lead us to put away all hindrances that divide us
May we be one and love one another

God who made us and makes us one give us  the courage to see you in the eyes of all who are our enemies and wish us harm.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for all who are ill in body, mind, and spirit. Heal them and make them whole and may we lovingly respond to their needs.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for the protection of those who are protesting using peaceful non-violence.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for the protection of all our most vulnerable family members. Help us to ourselves and you in their eyes and love them as you have taught us and to serve them as you have taught us to serve.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one. we give thanks for all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries this day.

God who made us and makes us one may we be with those who are pre-grieving and mourning any loss.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for all who are dying and have died may they find loving, joy, and oneness with you in the Thin Places.

God who made us and makes us one we offer these our prayers and thanksgivings in the most Holy Name of your Son Jesus. May we be one and love one another. Amen.

A pledge to practice civil disobedience and peaceful non-violent protest when we are called to do so.

God we sit here in the silence listening and waiting to know what you are calling us to do when this world has gone awry and that we no longer know how to be united. We come to you O God and offer our bodies, minds, and spirits in loving and courageous service to be your hands and feet in this world and that when we are called to do so to engage in acts that do not require violence but in prayerful and peaceful non-violent protest. May we courageously petition, sit in and sit down, hunger, march, speak truth to power, picket, and stay the course to affect change in the world without fear and if it should happen to freely give up our lives to the justice system and risk our own lives to spread your God News and Good News to all so that peace may prevail upon earth and that we may finally be united as one people, one family, and one world. We lift up this our pledge to you O God with a conscience and vision clear.


Today's wish: Connect with all that is good and holy in every person you meet. Love boldly and fearlessly! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment