Thursday, January 16, 2020

Today we celebrate callings, cleansings (healings), and new opportunities to serve God






Good Evening Beloved Ones!

I hope everyone is keeping warm and cozy. Winter is still here. A good reminder that we are called to help the least of these at all times.  As we continue on in this Winter season let us offer our time,talent, and treasure out in our community for all people in need. Please check with your local social service agencies  and offer help and get a list of their needs and wants.  Today's readings continue with the themes of making all things new, new beginnings, and unexpected calls to serve. So let us begin with our "Peace Be Stills!"

Let us engage in the "Peace be still's"

Peace be still. 
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Now for some random quotes to ponder:


"Where your talents and the needs of the world cross; there lies your vocation." ~ Aristotle


"A man knows when he has found his vocation when he stops thinking about how to live and begins to live." ~ Thomas Merton



"Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus." ~ Mother Teresa


"Your vocation in life is where your greatest joy meets the world's greatest need." ~ Frederick Buechner



"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet." ~ Frederick Buechner


"God calls you to make definitive choices, and He has a plan for each of you: to discover that plan and to respond to your vocation is to move toward personal fulfillment." ~ Pope Francis


"It is not more vacation we need — it is more vocation." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt


"Peacemaking is a full-time vocation that includes each member of God's people." ~ Henri Nouwen


"Each one of us has some kind of vocation. We are all called by God to share in His life and in His Kingdom. Each one of us is called to a special place in the Kingdom. If we find that place we will be happy. If we do not find it, we can never be completely happy. For each one of us, there is only one thing necessary: to fulfill our own destiny, according to God's will, to be what God wants us to be." ~ Thomas Merton

This week’s Rule reflection (Northumbria Community)

I say ‘Yes, my Lord’ in all the good times through all the bad times    

Come let us worship:

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and those who are afraid are not perfected in love. We love because God first loved us. If anyone says, I love God, and hates his brother or sister, that person is a liar; for those who do not love their brothers and sisters whom thay have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. 1 John 4:18-20



Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. Isaiah 60: 1

A voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased.’ Matthew 3:17

O Lord my God you are great indeed, you are clothed in majesty and splendour. You cover yourself with light as it were with a garment. Psalm 104:1, 2

I have seen it myself, and bear witness, that this is the chosen one of God. John 1:34

Jesus said, ‘I am the light of the world; those who follow me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’ John 8:12

Prayers

Praise to you, Jesus Christ,
God in human form.
You show us the fulness of life;
help us to find this life for ourselves
and for others.

Thanksgiving and love and praise to you Jesus Christ.
You are God revealed in human form;
you are the baby visited by the shepherds,
the boy in the temple learning the law;
the man baptised in water and the Spirit
driven to the desert to face the devil.
You are Christ the teacher, Christ the healer.
You went to Jerusalem to give your life

as a ransom for us all.

Tonight's vigil for peace also includes prayers for the least of these who are houseless  and hungry during cold weather. We pray and give thanks for warming centers and shelters. 
Let us light our candles and turn on our porch lights!



Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.
Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.

Anthem at the Candle Lighting

Epiphany 
All nations shall be blessed in him, * and do him service.
All nations shall be blessed in him, and do him service.
All kings shall bow down before him:
And do him service.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
All nations shall be blessed in him, and do him service.
V. The kings of Tarshish and the isles shall pay tribute:
R. The kings of Arabia and Saba shall offer gifts.

Dear ones let us light our candles and be at prayer as we begin our Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigil. Tonight let us pray for peace with in ourselves and in the world. Let us pray that we may learn to love our enemies again by boldly doing things we normally wouldn't do. We need to see God's face in all of our enemies. We need to see them as children of God. We need to see them as children of family members who love them very much. We need to see them as the least of these. We need to love ourselves and yes sometimes we may be our own worst enemies. We should be able to find ways to lovingly help them when needed. This is easier said than done but maybe if we know what they need in the ways of  food, clothing, shelter, and a pair of listening ears that might be a way in which to start. We pray for all of our family members tonight as we remember that we indeed are all God's Children and the least of these!


Confession of Need (Enriching our Worship 2)

Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.
Silence

Minister and People
Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.

Minister
May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
A Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.




In Lak 'Ech by Luis Valdez


Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

From The Resistance Prays

There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither slave nor free; nor is there male and female [or genderfluid], [neither straight nor gay nor bisexual nor transgender, queer or odd,] for you are all one in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:28, Common English Bible


Creator God, you have made all things beautifully and in your image. As we lift up the diversity of your creation, teach us to love people of all sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. Let the LGBTQIA+ community see themselves in you. Loving Spirit, teach us compassion to embrace the gifts you give. In our differences, teach us to love fully and radically all of your children, as their true and whole selves. God, in Your Mercy, hear our prayer. Amen.




Psalm 18: Part II Et retribuet mihi

21 The Lord rewarded me because of my righteous dealing; *
because my hands were clean he rewarded me;

22 For I have kept the ways of the Lord *
and have not offended against my God;

23 For all his judgments are before my eyes, *
and his decrees I have not put away from me;

24 For I have been blameless with him *
and have kept myself from iniquity;

25 Therefore the Lord rewarded me according to my
righteous dealing, *
because of the cleanness of my hands in his sight.

26 With the faithful you show yourself faithful, O God; *
with the forthright you show yourself forthright.

27 With the pure you show yourself pure, *
but with the crooked you are wily.

28 You will save a lowly people, *
but you will humble the haughty eyes.

29 You, O Lord, are my lamp; *
my God, you make my darkness bright.

30 With you I will break down an enclosure; *
with the help of my God I will scale any wall.

31 As for God, his ways are perfect;
the words of the Lord are tried in the fire; *
he is a shield to all who trust in him.

32 For who is God, but the Lord? *
who is the Rock, except our God?

33 It is God who girds me about with strength *
and makes my way secure.

34 He makes me sure-footed like a deer *
and lets me stand firm on the heights.

35 He trains my hands for battle *
and my arms for bending even a bow of bronze.

36 You have given me your shield of victory; *
your right hand also sustains me;
your loving care makes me great.

37 You lengthen my stride beneath me, *
and my ankles do not give way.

38 I pursue my enemies and overtake them; *
I will not turn back till I have destroyed them.

39 I strike them down, and they cannot rise; *
they fall defeated at my feet.

40 You have girded me with strength for the battle; *
you have cast down my adversaries beneath me;
you have put my enemies to flight.

41 I destroy those who hate me;
they cry out, but there is none to help them; *
they cry to the Lord, but he does not answer.

42 I beat them small like dust before the wind; *
I trample them like mud in the streets.

43 You deliver me from the strife of the peoples; *
you put me at the head of the nations.

44 A people I have not known shall serve me;
no sooner shall they hear than they shall obey me; *
strangers will cringe before me.

45 The foreign peoples will lose heart; *
they shall come trembling out of their strongholds.

46 The Lord lives! Blessed is my Rock! *
Exalted is the God of my salvation!

47 He is the God who gave me victory *
and cast down the peoples beneath me.

48 You rescued me from the fury of my enemies;
you exalted me above those who rose against me; *
you saved me from my deadly foe.

49 Therefore will I extol you among the nations, O Lord, *
and sing praises to your Name.

50 He multiplies the victories of his king; *
he shows loving-kindness to his anointed,
to David and his descendants for ever.






Hebrews 3:1-11

Moses a Servant, Christ a Son

3Therefore, brothers and sisters,* holy partners in a heavenly calling, consider that Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession, 2was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses also ‘was faithful in all* God’s* house.’ 3Yet Jesus* is worthy of more glory than Moses, just as the builder of a house has more honour than the house itself. 4(For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.) 5Now Moses was faithful in all God’s* house as a servant, to testify to the things that would be spoken later. 6Christ, however, was faithful over God’s* house as a son, and we are his house if we hold firm* the confidence and the pride that belong to hope.
Warning against Unbelief

7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says,
‘Today, if you hear his voice, 
8 do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
   as on the day of testing in the wilderness, 
9 where your ancestors put me to the test,
   though they had seen my works 10for forty years.
Therefore I was angry with that generation,
and I said, “They always go astray in their hearts,
   and they have not known my ways.” 
11 As in my anger I swore,
   “They will not enter my rest.” ’

A Song of Judith
Judith 16:13-16
I will sing a new song to my God, *
for you are great and glorious, wonderful in strength, invincible.
Let the whole creation serve you, *
for you spoke and all things came into being.
You sent your breath and it formed them, *
no one is able to resist your voice.
Mountains and seas are stirred to their depths, *
rocks melt like wax at your presence.
But to those who fear you, *
you continue to show mercy.
No sacrifice, however fragrant, can please you, *
but whoever fears the Lord shall stand in your sight for ever.




John 1:43-51

Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael

43 The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, ‘Follow me.’ 44Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45Philip found Nathanael and said to him, ‘We have found him about whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus son of Joseph from Nazareth.’ 46Nathanael said to him, ‘Can anything good come out of Nazareth?’ Philip said to him, ‘Come and see.’ 47When Jesus saw Nathanael coming towards him, he said of him, ‘Here is truly an Israelite in whom there is no deceit!’ 48Nathanael asked him, ‘Where did you come to know me?’ Jesus answered, ‘I saw you under the fig tree before Philip called you.’ 49Nathanael replied, ‘Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!’ 50Jesus answered, ‘Do you believe because I told you that I saw you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than these.’ 51And he said to him, ‘Very truly, I tell you,* you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.’

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.


Mark 1:40-45

Jesus Cleanses a Leper

40 A leper* came to him begging him, and kneeling* he said to him, ‘If you choose, you can make me clean.’ 41Moved with pity,* Jesus* stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, ‘I do choose. Be made clean!’ 42Immediately the leprosy* left him, and he was made clean. 43After sternly warning him he sent him away at once, 44saying to him, ‘See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.’ 45But he went out and began to proclaim it freely, and to spread the word, so that Jesus* could no longer go into a town openly, but stayed out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter.

A Song of Our True Nature

Julian of Norwich
Christ revealed our frailty and our falling, *
our trespasses and our humiliations.
Christ also revealed his blessed power, *
his blessed wisdom and love.
He protects us as tenderly and as sweetly when we are in greatest need; *
he raises us in spirit
and turns everything to glory and joy without ending.
God is the ground and the substance, the very essence of nature;
*
God is the true father and mother of natures.
We are all bound to God by nature, *
and we are all bound to God by grace.
And this grace is for all the world, *
because it is our precious mother, Christ.
For this fair nature was prepared by Christ
for the honor and nobility of all, *
and for the joy and bliss of salvation.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those
who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial,
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours,
now and for ever. Amen.


Collects for the 1st Sunday after the Epiphany from A New Zealand Prayer Book and Book of Common Prayer.

Almighty God,
you anointed Jesus at his baptism
with the Holy Spirit,
and revealed him as your beloved Son;
grant that we who are baptised into his name
may give up our lives to your service,
and be found worthy of our calling;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. (ANZPB)

Open the heavens, Holy Spirit,
for us to see Jesus interceding for us;
may we be strengthened to share his baptism,
strengthened to share his cup,
and ready to serve him forever. (ANZPB)

Holy Spirit,
as you drove Jesus into the wilderness,
when John baptised him and the heavens opened,
drive us to wrestle and reflect
so that we may fulfil our baptism,
and live your life of victory. (ANZPB)

First Sunday after the Epiphany: The Baptism of our Lord

Father in heaven, who at the baptism of Jesus in the River
Jordan proclaimed him your beloved Son and anointed him
with the Holy Spirit: Grant that all who are baptized into his
Name may keep the covenant they have made, and boldly
confess him as Lord and Savior; who with you and the Holy
Spirit lives and reigns, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen. (BCP)

A PRAYER FOR THE FAMILY
Lord Jesus, at Nazareth you shared in the life of your family. Help us to live together in our family with love and respect for each other. Make our home a place of blessing, peace and joy for everyone, to the glory of God the Father.
Amen. (ANZPB)


A COLLECT
In darkness and in light,
in trouble and in joy,
help us, heavenly Father,
to trust your love,
to serve your purpose,
and to praise your name,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen. (ANZPB)
Matthew 5:1-12

When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy. 
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
“Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."



A special wish for us all: May we never cease to be loving, joyful, hopeful, peaceful, thankful ,and thoughtful beacons one to another and to the world around us.
When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:
...To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers,
To make music in the heart.

Howard Thurman

A Song of God’s Love

1 John 4:7-11
Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us

MLK Jr. Prayer for the Church


We thank you for your church, founded upon your Word, that challenges us to do more than sing and pray, but go out and work as though the very answer to our prayers depended on us and not upon you. Help us to realize that humanity was created to shine like the stars and live on through all eternity. Keep us, we pray, in perfect peace. Help us to walk together, pray together, sing together, and live together until that day when all God's children -- Black, White, Red, Brown and Yellow -- will rejoice in one common band of humanity in the reign of our Lord and of our God, we pray. Amen.

We also pray this litany from the Episcopal Peace Fellowship

A Litany for Economic Justice
Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice remembering immigrants, refugees and sojourners in our Bible story. From Eden, all have traveled to the lands of the Earth. The People of Israel crossed the Red Sea in search of freedom, answering the call of God. God of Noah, Abraham, Sarah and Hagar, open our hearts to refugees and sojourners around us. Will you remember our shared history as a refugee people?
People: We will, with God’s help.
Leader: We stand at the Wall of Injustices remembering Joseph, sold into slavery, First Nations Peoples forced from their lands, Africans captured, separated and sold for profit, the dispossession of Palestinians in the ongoing Nakba. We recognize that there are more displaced people on our planet today than at any time since World War II. Will you pray that the example of Jesus’ open table fellowship will inspire us to offer hospitality to strangers in our midst?
People: We will, with God’s help.
Leader: We stand before the Wall of Injustices praying for a spirit of abundance, to replace our fear of scarcity and our suspicion of the stranger. As Jesus stood with the workers in the vineyards calling for just wages, God calls us to stand with workers today, calling for living wages and just working conditions. Will you work and pray for abundant life to be shared among all members of the One Human Family?
People: We will, with God’s help.
+++++

FOR THE DIVERSITY OF RACES AND CULTURES

O God, who created all peoples in your image, we thank you for the wonderful diversity of races and cultures in this world. Enrich our lives by ever-widening circles of fellowship, and show us your presence in those who differ most from us, until our knowledge of your love is made perfect in our love for all your children; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear God we come before you as your children seeking peace in a fragile and broken world Help us we pray that we may become your peacemakers and that every city and town may become New Jerusalems (Cities of Peace). 

God we pray that we may love our enemies by being agents of CALM (Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy).

God we pray that we may lovingly help our enemies to find common ground with us without fear and anger.

God we pray for and end to all kinds of hatred and discord that we all may be one holy family with you our Loving and merciful God.

God we pray for all who are ill in body,mind, and spirit. We pray especially for_______________

God we pray for all refugees, captives, victims of violence, terror, and abuse. We pray for all who are victims of human trafficking. We pray for an end to gang violence and urban terrorism in our cities.

God we pray for love and understanding among all faith communities. 

God we pray in thanksgiving for___________________________

We remember and pray for all the concerns and all things that are on our hearts and minds_______________.

God we pray for the forgiveness of any thought, word, or deed that has drawn us away from you and your children. Help us to have repentant and loving hearts to start anew.

God help us to meet the Love Challenge this week with courage, strength, and love energy and that our heart homes maybe expanded as we become more loving towards our enemies, haters, and family members who differ from us.

God we pray these prayers in the name of Jesus our brother, friend, master, redeemer, and great physician of us all. Amen.




Let us spend time in silence and prepare ourselves to be God's voice in a broken world. 

God of justice we pray that we may have courage to speak truth to power.

God of compassion we pray that we may love others not just in our words but in our deeds.

God of kindness we pray that we may use our voices to heal, comfort, and lovingly support.

God of peace we pray that we may use our voices as your beloved children to make peace and not wage war in this world.

God of all people, we pray that we may be the voices who seek to protect and serve the most vulnerable of our family members.

God of justice we pray that we may we have the courage to Stand Up, Step up, and Speak Up for all of your children who need us to act and not be silent. 

God of Love we pray that we may use the Love Energy that is within our Heart Homes to be your Light to the world. May we shine your light in dark places so that our family members may see and be guided away from the darkness that infects our world.

God of healing we pray that we may seek to use our voices to heal and not harm.

God of creation we pray that we may use our voices to speak for good conservation practices to heal and renew the face of the earth and respect all living things in your Cathedral of Life.

God of diversity, we pray that we may be voices of unity and that we may seek to come to know one another and respect the dignity of all beings.

God and creator of us all may we seek to follow the examples of Jesus and John the Baptist and speak, love, act, and pray and be mindful of the needs and concerns of others this day and always! 

God we offer our own voices in prayer and thanksgiving remembering____________________.

We lift up these our prayers in the name of Jesus the Good Shepherd whose voice we hear and who calls us all by our names. Amen

Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace: and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Collect for the Renewal of Life
O God, the King eternal, whose light divides the day from the
night and turns the shadow of death into the morning: Drive
far from us all wrong desires, incline our hearts to keep your
law, and guide our feet into the way of peace; that, having
done your will with cheerfulness while it was day, we may,
when night comes, rejoice to give you thanks; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.
From A New Zealand Prayer Book-

Lord, 
it is night.

The night is for stillness. 
Let us be still in the presence of God.

It is night after a long day. 
What has been done has been done; 
what has not been done has not been done; 
let it be.

The night is dark. 
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives 
rest in you. 
The night is quiet. 
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us, 
all dear to us, 
and all who have no peace.

The night heralds the dawn. 
Let us look expectantly to a new day, 
new joys, 
new possibilities.

In your name we pray.
Amen.

O God, who opens the eyes of the blind and sets the captives free; Open our eyes that we may ever discern your way and guide our feet that we may walk in it, to your honor and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or
weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who
sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless 
the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the 
joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen.


Song of Simeon

Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake
we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.
All repeat the Antiphon
Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake
we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.

Closing Blessings

God’s Blessing be with you,
Christ’s peace be with you,
the Spirit’s outpouring be with you,
now and always. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.
(source: from Saint Clare

Christ be within us to keep us, 
beside us to guard, 
before us to lead, 
behind us to protect, 
beneath us to support, 
above us to bless.


Have a blessed and restful night! I love you! Love one another and keep on keeping on! We are all in this together. 

Love, blessings and many thanks to God for you,

Sara


Resources:



A to Z Quotes
Book of Occasional Services 
Satucket Lectionary Page (NRSV)
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1 and 2
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey



No comments:

Post a Comment