Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Reflecting on today's #AdventWord2020 #Strengthen

 



Good Evening Dear Ones!

Happy Take Care Tuesday! I hope everyone is being strengthened by God on this special season of the year. Here is y/our question with today's #AdventWord #Strengthen. What strengthens you? For the past two days we have had the following words, tender and deliver. Do these words have anything in common? Please take time to meditate upon them. Google the words and look to find out how many of them have Bible verses attached. Tonight we have a combination plate of lessons and also we remember the Feasts of Charles De Foucauld and Nicholas Ferrar

We open tonight's time together with the Prayer of Abandonment by Charles De Foucauld.

 Father, I abandon myself into Your hands.

 Do with me what You will; whatever You do, I will thank You.

 I am ready for all, I accept all.

 Let only Your will be done in me, as in all Your creatures,

 and I’ll ask nothing else, my Lord.

 Into Your hands I commend my spirit;

 I give it to You with all the love of my heart,

 for I love You, Lord, and so need to give myself,

 to surrender myself into Your hands with a trust beyond measure,

 because You are my Father. Amen.

+++

Let us ponder these quotes from Charles de Foucauld.

"Cry the Gospel with your whole life." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"You have only one model, Jesus. Follow, follow, follow him, step by step, imitating him, sharing his life in every way." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"As soon as I came to believe there was a God, I understood that I could not do otherwise than live only for him." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"Above all, always see Jesus in every person, and consequently treat each one not only as an equal and as a brother or sister, but also with great humility, respect and selfless generosity." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"It is not necessary to teach others, to cure them or to improve them; it is only necessary to live among them, sharing the human condition and being present to them in love." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"We should never forget the two axioms: 'Jesus is with me' and whatever happens, happens by the will of God." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"To love anyone is to hope in him for always. From the moment at which we begin to judge anyone, to limit our confidence in him, from the moment at which we identify him with what we know of him and so reduce him to that, we cease to love him and he ceases to be able to be better." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"The absence of risk is a sure sign of mediocrity." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"To receive the grace of God you must go to the desert and stay awhile." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"The one thing we owe absolutely to God is never to be afraid of anything." ~ Charles de Foucauld

"What great faith our Lord Jesus Christ asks of us - and how just that is. Do we not owe him such faith? It looks impossible to us, but Jesus is Master of the impossible." ~ Charles de Foucauld

++++

Calendar Work For December 1: Turn off recorded music and sing some favorite songs. The Magi move closer. 

Celtic Advent Calendar 2020! Yes it's here From Contemplative Cottage

How we spend our days is how we spend our lives. Annie Dillard

Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths. Isaiah 2:3a


Watch at all times, praying for the strength to stand with confidence before the Son of man.Luke 21:36
Look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.Luke 21:28
In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.Isaiah 40:3
The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all the world shall see it together.Isaiah 40:5
Prepare the way of the Lord, make the paths straight, and all the world shall see the salvation of God.Luke 3:4, 6
Restore us again O God: show us the light of your face and we shall be saved.Psalm 80:3

Come let us light this Candle in Unity and come together in a sacred circle of love.
Come let us hold sacred and loving space for one another.
Come let us be together in Hope, Joy, Peace, and Love during the upcoming season of Advent.





Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths. Isaiah 2:3a

Watch at all times, praying for the strength to stand with confidence before the Son of man. Luke 21:36

Look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Luke 21:28

In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Isaiah 40:3

The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all the world shall see it together. Isaiah 40:5

Prepare the way of the Lord, make the paths straight, and all the world shall see the salvation of God. Luke 3:4, 6

Restore us again O God: show us the light of your face and we shall be saved. Psalm 80:3


According to the riches of God’s glory, may you be strengthened with the might through the Holy Spirit in your inner being, and may Christ dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled with the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19


++++

THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.

For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.

May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.





The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 

I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditation. 

Or this


Dear Ones it is time once again for our nightly Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigil and light our candles and pray for an end to hatred and fear. We pray this night for clean air, water, and soil so that God's Cathedral of Life may be revived and protected. We pray for all of our family members who are on the margins and who feel lost, lonely, alone, and invisible. We pray for peace and  safety in all cities, states, and nations of the world. We add our thoughts and thanksgivings on this Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday and remember to wear our attitudes of CALM (compassion, acceptance, love and mercy) and gratitude in service to God and the entire family of God. 




Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.

IN LAK’ECH
Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.
Luis Valdez

A Smudging Prayer
 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.



God,  as we light our candles this night and pray that the words we pray may lend towards peace and CALM(Compassion Acceptance Love Mercy). God we pray that we may learn to use our words with gentleness and wisdom. We pray that we may pray and think about what we do and how we act. We pray that our lives may be kind and mannerly one to another. We pray that we may seek to love our enemies with  the understanding that we are just people trying to do the best we can with what we have. We pray for peace in the world that we may show the world how to be peacemakers not only in our words but in our deeds. We pray that we may shine your light to this fragile and broken world with our gracious words, works, and deeds and love energy. We pray this night for all those who haven't learned how to use kind words and deeds but violence. We pray for the change of hearts and minds that will lead to a world that is united in love, understanding, equity, justice, and universal human rights. We pray these our prayers who used Words to create and not destroy and Brought to Earth the Word Incarnate Jesus the Christ. Amen. 

Confession of Need


Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.
Silence

Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.


May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

So let's engage in "The Peace Be Stills" and then come together in a healing and loving circle and hold sacred space for each other.


Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God is with us.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God is with us.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God is with us.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God dwells in you

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God dwells in you.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God dwells in you.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God lives within  me

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

God lives within  me.

An Irish Prayer


As I arise today,
may the strength of God pilot me,
the power of God uphold me,
the wisdom of God guide me.
May the eye of God look before me,
the ear of God hear me,
the word of God speak for me.
May the hand of God protect me,
the way of God lie before me,
the shield of God defend me,
the host of God save me.
May Christ shield me today.
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit,
Christ when I stand,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
Amen

Hymn before meditating and reading of the lessons:

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.

Psalm 72

Of Solomon.
1 Give the king your justice, O God,
   and your righteousness to a king’s son.
2 May he judge your people with righteousness,
   and your poor with justice.
3 May the mountains yield prosperity for the people,
   and the hills, in righteousness.
4 May he defend the cause of the poor of the people,
   give deliverance to the needy,
   and crush the oppressor.


5 May he live* while the sun endures,
   and as long as the moon, throughout all generations.
6 May he be like rain that falls on the mown grass,
   like showers that water the earth.
7 In his days may righteousness flourish
   and peace abound, until the moon is no more.


8 May he have dominion from sea to sea,
   and from the River to the ends of the earth.

Psalm 73:24-28

24 You will guide me by your counsel, *
and afterwards receive me with glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you? *
and having you I desire nothing upon earth.

26 Though my flesh and my heart should waste away, *
God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.

27 Truly, those who forsake you will perish; *
you destroy all who are unfaithful.

28 But it is good for me to be near God; *
I have made the Lord God my refuge.

Isaiah 11:1-10

11A shoot shall come out from the stock of Jesse,
   and a branch shall grow out of his roots.
2 The spirit of the Lord shall rest on him,
   the spirit of wisdom and understanding,
   the spirit of counsel and might,
   the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
3 His delight shall be in the fear of the Lord.


He shall not judge by what his eyes see,
   or decide by what his ears hear;
4 but with righteousness he shall judge the poor,
   and decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth,
   and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked.
5 Righteousness shall be the belt around his waist,
   and faithfulness the belt around his loins.


6 The wolf shall live with the lamb,
   the leopard shall lie down with the kid,
the calf and the lion and the fatling together,
   and a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze,
   their young shall lie down together;
   and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp,
   and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder’s den.
9 They will not hurt or destroy
   on all my holy mountain;
for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord
   as the waters cover the sea.

10 On that day the root of Jesse shall stand as a signal to the peoples; the nations shall inquire of him, and his dwelling shall be glorious.

A Song of the Wilderness
Isaiah 35:1-7,10
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, *
the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
It shall blossom abundantly, *
and rejoice with joy and singing.
They shall see the glory of the Lord, *
the majesty of our God.
Strengthen the weary hands, *
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to the anxious, “Be strong, do not fear! *
Here is your God, coming with judgment to save you.”
Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, *
and the ears of the deaf be unstopped.
Then shall the lame leap like a deer, *
and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness *
and streams in the desert;
The burning sand shall become a pool *
and the thirsty ground, springs of water.
The ransomed of God shall return with singing, *
with everlasting joy upon their heads.
Joy and gladness shall be theirs, *
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.


James 1:1-11

THE LETTER OF
James

Salutation

1James, a servant* of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion:

Greetings.

Faith and Wisdom

My brothers and sisters,* whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; 4and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing.

If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you. 6But ask in faith, never doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind; 7, 8for the doubter, being double-minded and unstable in every way, must not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

Poverty and Riches

Let the believer* who is lowly boast in being raised up, 10and the rich in being brought low, because the rich will disappear like a flower in the field. 11For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the field; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. It is the same with the rich; in the midst of a busy life, they will wither away.

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem

Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22
Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *
I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *
and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, *
she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *
diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; *
I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, *
for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, *
therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, *
therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,*
and with it will I offer praise to God

Luke 10:21-24

Jesus Rejoices

21 At that same hour Jesus* rejoiced in the Holy Spirit* and said, ‘I thank* you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.* 22All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.’

23 Then turning to the disciples, Jesus* said to them privately, ‘Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! 24For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it.’


John 16:25-33

Peace for the Disciples

25 ‘I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures, but will tell you plainly of the Father. 26On that day you will ask in my name. I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; 27for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.* 28I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father.’

29 His disciples said, ‘Yes, now you are speaking plainly, not in any figure of speech! 30Now we know that you know all things, and do not need to have anyone question you; by this we believe that you came from God.’ 31Jesus answered them, ‘Do you now believe? 32The hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each one to his home, and you will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. 33I have said this to you, so that in me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!’

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.


The Lord’s Prayer or the alternative is said. From A New Zealand Prayer Book

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen.
Or
Eternal Spirit,
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world!
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings!
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and for ever. Amen.

  Lord God, make us so worthy of your perfect love; that, with your deacon Nicholas Ferrar and his household, we may rule ourselves according to your Word, and serve you with our whole heart; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Loving God, help us to know you wherever we find you and seek to serve you in all people, that with your servant Charles de Foucauld, we may be faithful even unto death; through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Almighty God, give us grace to cast away the works of darkness, and put on the armor of light, now in the time of this mortal life in which your Son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility; that in the last day, when he shall come again in his glorious majesty to judge both the living and the dead, we may rise to the life immortal; through him who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. (BCP)

Praise and honour to you living God;
your coming will be like a thief in the night,
like lightning flashing across the sky.
Grant that we may be ready,
and our hearts answer, Come Lord Jesus.
Hear this prayer for your love’s sake.
Amen. (ANZPB)



God as we begin our season of Advent  and preparation for your Son' Jesus's birth may we be united again with him and each other.

God as we await joyfully this most special day of days may we see Jesus in the eyes of each other and hold the Christ light for then.

God may we be sensitive to the needs of our family members nearby and far away.

God may we learn to have patience, slow down, and be.

God may we take time to be at one with You and each other.

God may we take away any label that divides us and that we may only be we and only have our names to identify each other.

God may peace prevail upon Earth beginning with ourselves, just like pebbles in a pond.

God may we step up and show love and compassion to those who mourn.


God may we learn to serve our fragile family members without fear and lovingly respond to their needs.

God  we pray for the healing of our bodies, minds, and spirits and all of our family members who are ill.
God fill our hearts with love to overflowing so that everyone will know that we are your children and truly the Family of Love and at one with each other.

God we pray for __________________________

God we offer our thanksgivings ____________________

God we celebrate this day _______________________

God help us to remember___________________________

God lift up these our prayers in the name of your son Jesus our redeemer, healer, reconciler, master, brother, and friend.  Amen.


or these

Let us be at prayer:

Gracious and loving Father and Mother God and  Creator  of the Universe and the nurturing parent of us all may we take this time to be present with you and quiet our hearts and minds as we take time in this oasis of prayer.

God we have been given many prayer requests from our family members and we pray for ourselves as well.  May we boldly ask and graciously have time to be in conversation with you as we pray for:

Your children of all ages who are ill and suffering .We remember especially babies who are ill and their parents who stay with them. 

We pray for all our family members and their children who are waiting patiently with them when they are hospitalized.

We pray for all those who are suffering addictions of any kind may they find the courage to become sober and go into the proper rehab facility for treatment.

We pray for all of us who have cancer and that when we have bad weeks we may lay low and rest and when we have good weeks we may have energy to work, play, and do tasks and at the same time honor what you and our bodies are telling us.

We pray for all who are in transition and looking for work may they find patience to wait and may they find the employment they are seeking.

We pray for all who are going or are on pilgrimage to the many sacred places in this world. May they travel safe and feel your presence with them in every step.

We pray for all who travel and may they be safe and secure and that your presence will surround them as they go.

We pray for all who are dying and who have died remembering also our family pets.

We pray for all those who have gone missing and are featured in Amber Alerts, We especially remember all victims of human trafficking.

We pray for peace and justice in the world. We pray for an end to all the violence, oppression, injustices, and that dignity, respect, equality, and acceptance will roll down like justice. We pray that we may continue to Do Justly, Love mercy, and Walk Humbly with our God.

We pray for rain in the drought parched areas of our country and in the world.

May we take time for our personal prayers and reflection and put on the timer for what ever time you choose.
Please add prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and any kind of things that you are celebrating.

Please add:
Those with mental illnesses 
Alzheimer's and dementia patients and their family members and caregivers.
Caregivers
Those who are ill and those who are trying to work while ill.
For our medical professionals.
For our troops and law enforcement personnel.
EMTS and Firemen
For people seeking employment and new life paths
Clergy, religious leaders of all faith communities and the people they serve and pastorally care for. We pray especially those who are discerning vocations to ministry and for courage to accept and follow God's Call to wherever it leads.
To be good stewards of our environment and natural resources. May we learn to be good a conservation.

God we lift up these our prayers to you and ask in the name of your Son Jesus. Amen.


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

God of Love, give us courage to live out and listen to your words you spoke through you son Jesus on the sermon on the Mount. 

Matthew 5:1-12New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Beatitudes

When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


Holy Wisdom, in your loving kindness you created and restored us when we were lost: inspire us with your truth, that we may love you with our whole minds and run to you with open hearts, through Christ our Savior. Amen. (source: Alcuin of York, Mass of Wisdom)

God our rock and refuge: keep us safe in your care and strengthen us with your grace, that we may pray to you faithfully and love one another boldly, following the example of Jesus, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives for ever and ever. Amen. (source: Veronese Sacramentary)

Loving Jesus: Protect and sustain us with your hand. Open the door of your love that, sealed with your wisdom, we may be free to serve you with joy. Amen. (a prayer of St. Gertrude)

 Jesus, you are the way through the wilderness: show us your truth in which we journey, and by the grace of the Holy Spirit be in us the life that draws us to God. Amen. (source: F.B. McNutt, The Prayer Manual [London: Mowbray, 1961], p. 29, adapted)

For Travelers

O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole
creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve
those who travel [in particular _______________]; surround
them with your loving care; protect them from every danger;
and bring them in safety to their journey's end; through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Christ Has No Body.

by Teresa of Avila.

Christ has no body but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours, Yours are the eyes with which he looks. Compassion on this world, Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good, Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or
weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who
sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless
the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the
joyous; and all for your love’s sake. Amen

Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake
we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:

A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake
we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.
(source: from Saint Clare)

O God of love and mercy, 
grant us, with all your people, rest and peace.

+++

Good Night Family of Love!. May our heart, spirits, and souls join together in love, peace, hope, joy, and harmony. I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always.

Love, blessings, hope, peace, and joy be always yours!

Sara

Resources

Satucket Lectionary Page-
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship
Quote sites for prayers
Northumbria Community
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Contemplative Cottage 

The below is from the Northumbria Community

Celtic Advent: November 16th

This was the traditional beginning of monastic fasting and preparation for the feast of Christmas, reflecting Lent in lasting for forty days. We seek to prepare the way for the Lord to come right to the centre of our lives. Every valley and pot-hole should be filled in, every mountain and hill levelled and every obstacle removed. The mountains are the wrongs we do, and the pot-holes are the good things we fail to do.
It is said that the door to the stable where the Christ-child has been born is very low – and only those who kneel find access. Being ready for Christmas should mean that our thoughts are focused not just on letters, cards, food and drink, and presents, but on repentance, humility and interior ‘house-cleaning’. The more we prepare in this way, the less we will be overwhelmed by the commercialisation of Christmas.
Prepare a way for the Lord!

Show me, Lord Jesus, how I may best prepare to celebrate Your birth into this world. Show me those things I need to repent of, that I may find Your forgiveness. Show me how to avoid the greed and selfishness of this season and focus on what is truly essential. Amen

This week’s Rule reflection
We are not a Community because of physically living close to each other (although some do) but because we live close to our chosen way of living and have covenanted together to live Availability and Vulnerability before God and others as one expression of living faithfully in a fragmented world Trevor Miller  




Bonus

Lord it is New Year's Eve in the Church and the clock is ticking towards yet another lectionary cycle and year set to begin. Help us not to make unnecessary resolutions like we do in Lent but help us to begin yet again that wondrous journey when you became God Incarnate ,Man Divine.

We pray that the end of this Church year may bring reflection and a recommitment to the promises we made at baptism.

We pray for the strength and courage to do better in our lives and in the church.

We pray for all ministers and the people whom they shepherd.

We pray for peace. Help us to remember that peace in the world starts in our hearts with love for you and  our family members.

We pray for all those who will travel this week to be with family, friends, and neighbors to celebrate Thanksgiving.

We pray that everyone will dial down the hype and focus on you.

We pray for the lost, lonely, hungry, and the homeless.

We pray for all those who minster to those in cyberspace and online.

We pray for the courage and strength to practice good wellness habits.

Help us to be good stewards of our bodies, minds, and spirits.

Help us today to see the face of  Christ in everyone we meet and hold the Christ light for them.

Help us to have an attitude of Gratitude by showing it in both words and deeds.

Help us to remember to pray for___________________________.

Help us to give thanks for________________________________.

Help us we pray for all those who we haven't seen for awhile, help us to reach out to them.

Help us we pray this day that we may to remember that you are the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords and that we walk with you on your journey everyday as you walk with us.

Loving God we lift up these petitions to you and give you thanks that you are already at work responding to them in your time. Help us to wait patiently on you  and know that you are our Guardian, Guide, and stay this day and for evermore. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment