Sunday, December 12, 2021

Taking time to smell the pink roses on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe!

 





Good Evening Dear Ones!

Hello from the land of the Chumash! Happy Sunday. It has been a long time! I have been involved with a lot of meetings on Zoom and getting tired out. We are back and  hopefully on more steady footing. Please continue to hold me in your prayers as I do you. I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia and a vitamin B-12 deficiency as well.These two deficiencies could explain strange energy and fatigue issues.Enough said. Please keep well dear ones! Take time to smell the pink roses on this Gaudete Sunday!


Today is the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. We are going to do a simple liturgy from the Book of Occasional Services 2018.  Our #AdventWords to catch up on are #messenger, #splendor, #repent, and #compassion. Today's word is #expectation. Please see the pictures below in English and Spanish. Awesome!




From The Contemplative Cottage - Celtic Advent Calendar 2021.

Calendar Work From December 8 December 12:

December 8 Spend time with some favorite artwork. What sparkles? The Magi move closer.

December 9 Take a break from your smartphone and all screens this evening.

December 10 Mail a note to someone. Describe how they are gift to the world & you.

December 11 Light candles for whatever places or situations break your heart..

December 12 Gaudete Sunday Read Mary’s Song: Luke 1:46-55. Light a pink candle for JOY and share joys with loved ones. Mary & Joseph move closer.

How we spend our days is how we spend our lives. Annie Dillard



Come let us worship:

Do not fear. The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love.Zephaniah 3:16–17

Praise the Lord all you nations, acclaim the Most High all you peoples; for great is God’s love for us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures for ever.Psalm 117:1, 2


Come let us worship.

Joseph Barth: A Grace

We give thanks for Being;

We give thanks for being here;

We give thanks for being here together.


Because in every age you have called brave souls to proclaim righteousness for the transformation of the world, that all may welcome the coming of your holy reign.

 Come let us light this 28th candle of Celtic Advent in Unity and come together in a sacred circle of love.

Come let us hold sacred and loving space for one another.
Come let us be together in Hope, Joy, Peace, and Love during the upcoming season of Advent.


IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.

You are my other me.

Si te hago daño a ti,

If I do harm to you,

Me hago daño a mi mismo.

I do harm to myself.

Si te amo y respeto,

If I love and respect you,

Me amo y respeto yo.

I love and respect myself.

- Luis Valdez







There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and those who are afraid are not perfected in love. We love because God first loved us. If anyone says, I love God, and hates his brother or sister, that person is a liar; for those who do not love their brothers and sisters whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. 1 John 4:18-20

According to the riches of God’s glory, may you be strengthened with the might through the Holy Spirit in your inner being, and may Christ dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled with the fulness of God.Ephesians 3:16–19

Let us confess our sins to God.
Silence may be kept.


Minister and People
God of all mercy,
we confess that we have sinned against you,
opposing your will in our lives.
We have denied your goodness in each other,
in ourselves, and in the world you have created.
We repent of the evil that enslaves us,
 the evil we have done,
and the evil done on our behalf.
Forgive, restore, and strengthen us
through our Savior Jesus Christ,
that we may abide in your love
and serve only your will. Amen.

Absolution
Almighty God have mercy on you/us , forgive you all y/our sins
through the grace of Jesus Christ, strengthen you/ us in all goodness,
and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep you/us in eternal life.
Amen.


A great sign appeared in the sky,
a woman clothed with the sun,

 With the moon under her feet,
and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Let us pray.
Be present with us, God our Deliverer, as you were present with La Virgen
de Guadalupe (the Virgin of Guadalupe) who called Juan Diego her
beloved son. May her example of tender care for the poor and oppressed
guide us in the way of justice and mercy; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.


Let us go forth in peace.
 In the Name of Christ. Amen
 The Lord be with you.
People And also with you
 Let us pray.


Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.



Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.

THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.




For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.




May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.


+++

 Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.


See the source image



PRAYER OF THE FARM WORKERS’ STRUGGLE
Show me the suffering of the most miserable;
So I will know my people’s plight.
Free me to pray for others;
For you are present in every person.
Help me take responsibility for my own life;
So that Ican be free at last.
Grant me courage to serve others;
For in service there is" true life.
Give me honesty and patience;
So that I can work with other workers.
Bring forth song and celebration;
So that the Spirit will be alive among us.
Let the Spirit flourish anti grow;
So that we will never tire of the struggle.
Let us remember those who have died for justice;
For they have given us life.
Help us love even those who hate us;
So we can change the world.
Amen.
Written by Cesar E. Chavez, UFW Founder (1927-1993)
Cesar E. Chavez Foundation 1741 s. Harvard Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90006

213-733-6346 e-mail <chavezfdtn@igc.apc.or

Psalm 116

Thanksgiving for Recovery from Illness

1 I love the Lord, because he has heard

    my voice and my supplications.

2 Because he inclined his ear to me,

    therefore I will call on him as long as I live.

3 The snares of death encompassed me;

    the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;

    I suffered distress and anguish.

4 Then I called on the name of the Lord:

    “O Lord, I pray, save my life!”


5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;

    our God is merciful.

6 The Lord protects the simple;

    when I was brought low, he saved me.

7 Return, O my soul, to your rest,

    for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.


8 For you have delivered my soul from death,

    my eyes from tears,

    my feet from stumbling.

9 I walk before the Lord

    in the land of the living.

10 I kept my faith, even when I said,

    “I am greatly afflicted”;

11 I said in my consternation,

    “Everyone is a liar.”


12 What shall I return to the Lord

    for all his bounty to me?

13 I will lift up the cup of salvation

    and call on the name of the Lord,

14 I will pay my vows to the Lord

    in the presence of all his people.

15 Precious in the sight of the Lord

    is the death of his faithful ones.

16 O Lord, I am your servant;

    I am your servant, the child of your serving girl.

    You have loosed my bonds.

17 I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice

    and call on the name of the Lord.

18 I will pay my vows to the Lord

    in the presence of all his people,

19 in the courts of the house of the Lord,

    in your midst, O Jerusalem.

Praise the Lord!


Psalm 131

Song of Quiet Trust

A Song of Ascents. Of David.

1 O Lord, my heart is not lifted up,

    my eyes are not raised too high;

I do not occupy myself with things

    too great and too marvelous for me.

2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul,

    like a weaned child with its mother;

    my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.[a]


3 O Israel, hope in the Lord

    from this time on and forevermore.


Zechariah 2:10-13

The Message

10 “Shout and celebrate, Daughter of Zion!

    I’m on my way. I’m moving into your neighborhood!”

        God’s Decree.

* * *

11-12 Many godless nations will be linked up with God at that time. (“They will become my family! I’ll live in their homes!”) And then you’ll know for sure that God-of-the-Angel-Armies sent me on this mission. God will reclaim his Judah inheritance in the Holy Land. He’ll again make clear that Jerusalem is his choice.

* * *

13 Quiet, everyone! Shh! Silence before God. Something’s afoot in his holy house. He’s on the move!

The Song of Zechariah Benedictus Dominus Deus


Blessed are you, Lord, the God of Israel, *
you have come to your people and set them free.
You have raised up for us a mighty Savior, *
born of the house of your servant David.
Through your holy prophets you promised of old
to save us from our enemies, *
from the hands of all who hate us,
To show mercy to our forebears, *
and to remember your holy covenant.
This was the oath you swore to our father Abraham, *
to set us free from the hands of our enemies,
Free to worship you without fear, *
holy and righteous before you,
all the days of our life.
And you, child, shall be called the prophet
of the Most High, *
for you will go before the Lord to prepare the way,
To give God’s people knowledge of salvation *
by the forgiveness of their sins.
In the tender compassion of our God *
the dawn from on high shall break upon us,
To shine on those who dwell in darkness
and the shadow of death, *
and to guide our feet into the way of peace.

A Reading from The Nican Mopohua:

 Juan Diego returned and right to the top of the mountain he saw the Lady from heaven, at the spot where he saw her the first time. Seeing her, he fell down before her and said, "Lady, the smallest of my daughters, my Child, I went where you sent me to fulfill your mandate; though with difficulty, from where is the seat of the bishop, I saw him and exposed your message; he received me graciously and I listened attentively; but I understood by his response that he believes that it is I who makes the request of building your temple, and that perhaps is not your command. I strongly beg, Lady, my Child that you send instead of me someone who is known, respected and esteemed. If we entrust your message to someone like that he is sure to be believed. The Bishop does not believe me because I am a lesser man, I'm small, I'm a no one, and you, my Child, the least of my daughters, Lady, you send me to a place where I do not belong. Forgive me if I cause you great sorrow.” Our Lady replied: “Listen, my son, I understand but need you to know that that I have many servants and messengers whom I can send to do my bidding yet I choose you. You are the one that I strictly command, to go again tomorrow to see the Bishop. Tell him once more who sends you and that it is my will for a temple to be built in my honor. Tell him, that the ever-Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of God, is the one that sends you" Juan Diego replied: "My Lady, my Child, I will do what you ask. I’ll do your will; but perhaps I will not be heard with pleasure. I know that it will be difficult for them to believe me


Revelation 11:19

New Revised Standard Version

19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.

Revelation 12:1-6

New Revised Standard Version

The Woman and the Dragon

12 A great portent appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pangs, in the agony of giving birth. 3 Then another portent appeared in heaven: a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman who was about to bear a child, so that he might devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule[a] all the nations with a rod of iron. But her child was snatched away and taken to God and to his throne; 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, so that there she can be nourished for one thousand two hundred sixty days.

A Song of True Motherhood
Julian of Norwich
God chose to be our mother in all things *
and so made the foundation of his work,
most humbly and most pure, in the Virgin’s womb.
God, the perfect wisdom of all, *
arrayed himself in this humble place.
Christ came in our poor flesh *
to share a mother’s care.
Our mothers bear us for pain and for death; *
our true mother, Jesus, bears us for joy and endless life.
Christ carried us within him in love and travail, *
until the full time of his passion.
And when all was completed and he had carried us so for joy, *
still all this could not satisfy the power of his wonderful love.
All that we owe is redeemed in truly loving God, *
for the love of Christ works in us;
Christ is the one whom we love.


Luke 1:26-38

New Revised Standard Version

The Birth of Jesus Foretold

26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, 27 to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And he came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”[a] 29 But she was much perplexed by his words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. 30 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” 34 Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?”[b] 35 The angel said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born[c] will be holy; he will be called Son of God. 36 And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren. 37 For nothing will be impossible with God.” 38 Then Mary said, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her.

Luke 1:39-56

New Revised Standard Version

Mary Visits Elizabeth

39 In those days Mary set out and went with haste to a Judean town in the hill country, 40 where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit 42 and exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. 43 And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me? 44 For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be[a] a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord.”


Mary’s Song of Praise

46 And Mary[b] said,


“My soul magnifies the Lord,

47     and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48 for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant.

    Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed;

49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me,

    and holy is his name.

50 His mercy is for those who fear him

    from generation to generation.

51 He has shown strength with his arm;

    he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts.

52 He has brought down the powerful from their thrones,

    and lifted up the lowly;

53 he has filled the hungry with good things,

    and sent the rich away empty.

54 He has helped his servant Israel,

    in remembrance of his mercy,

55 according to the promise he made to our ancestors,

    to Abraham and to his descendants forever.”


56 And Mary remained with her about three months and then returned to her home.

The Lord’s Prayer or the alternative is said. From A New Zealand Prayer Book.

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.

For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.

or this:

Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:

The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.

With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.

For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.



The Collect of the Day


O God of love, you blessed your people at El Tepeyac with the presence of
La Virgen de Guadaupe: grant that her example of love to the poor and
forsaken may stir our faith to recognize all people as members of one
family. Teach us to follow in the way you have prepared for us, that we
may honor one another in word and action, sharing with her your
commonwealth of peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and
reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, in glory everlasting.Amen.

Third Sunday of Advent

Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come
among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins,
let your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver
us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and
the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

God our strength and our hope,
grant us the courage of John the Baptist,
constantly to speak the truth,
boldly to rebuke vice
and patiently to suffer for the truth’s sake;
in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen. (ANZPB)


For Peace Among the Nations

Almighty God our heavenly Father, guide the nations of the
world into the way of justice and truth, and establish among
them that peace which is the fruit of righteousness, that they
may become the kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Amen.


For the Diversity of Races and Cultures

O God, who created all peoples in your image, we thank you
for the wonderful diversity of races and cultures in this world.
Enrich our lives by ever-widening circles of fellowship, and
show us your presence in those who differ most from us, until
our knowledge of your love is made perfect in our love for all
your children; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Collects

Almighty God,

you call witnesses from every nation

and reveal your glory in their lives;

make us thankful for their example,

and strengthen us by their fellowship

that like them we may be faithful

in the service of your kingdom;

through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(ANZPB)


God of earth and heaven, on your Church the sun is always rising; we commend to you our sisters and brothers in all Latin American countries in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. Be with them in the work they do, as you are with us. (ANZPB)


The Prayers of the People

As we honor La Virgen de Guadalupe, may we strive for unity
among all people;

We pray to you, God of mercy.
Hear our prayer.

May the vision of Juan Diego inspire our community to stand against
prejudice, discrimination, hatred, and violence;

We pray to you, God of mercy.
Hear our prayer.

May our care for youth and children, the elderly and sick, the weak,
helpless and poor (especially ), reflect the love of La Virgen, revealed
at Tepeyac;

We pray to you, God of mercy.
Hear our prayer.

May the vision of La Virgen strengthen us to stand with all immigrants and
refugees in their struggle in every nation and people, (especially the people
of );

We pray to you, God of mercy.
Hear our prayer.

May those who have died (especially ) rest in your peace, and those who
mourn (especially ) find comfort in fellowship with La Virgen de
Guadalupe and all the saints;

We pray to you, God of mercy.
Hear our prayer.

Please add your own prayers and thanksgivings.

O God of power and mercy, who gives us roses in a season of darkness;
fill us with your unexpected truth and vision of peace among all people.
By the example of La Virgen de Guadalupe, may we seek the justice
which unites all people everywhere; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


God we pray that we may find our way back to having a childlike trust in you.

God we pray for all children young and old in all cities remembering our brothers and sisters who were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown 9 years ago today, that they may be safe to night and that everywhere in this your fragile and broken world that all lives matter.

God we pray for all of our family members who are struggling and feeling overwhelmed.

God we pray for all who travel that they may be alert and safe whatever mode of transportation they take.

God we pray for ourselves and those who are coping with seasonal illnesses and all other illnesses of  body, mind, and spirit.

God we pray for all children who are being abused, bullied, marginalized, and made to feel invisible because of any kind of disability.

God we pray for all those who grieve losses and those who are pre-grieving. May we be sources of compassion, comfort, and love.

God we pray for peace in this fragile and broken world.  May wars, terror, and all division cease.

God we pray this night for all caregivers and especially our troops who protect our country both here and around the world. We pray also for all those who work for the Department of State.

God we pray for  all those who are living with mental and memory related illnesses and those who care for them.

God we pray for the least of these who are our family members too. We pray that they may find shelter, clothing, and food. May we always see You  in their eyes.

God we pray for all who are engaging in peaceful non-violent protests. May they be safe and may they know that this is what they are called to do.

God we pray for ourselves and on behalf of all our family members of love who  have come to us asking for prayer____________________

We lift up these our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.

O God, who opens the eyes of the blind and sets the captives free; Open our eyes that we may ever discern your way and guide our feet that we may walk in it, to your honor and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


God of joy, lighten our hearts this night and may we  wake up joyfully  and enlivened to do  what you are calling us to do and to be.

God of joy, help us to be bringers of hope, peace, love, and joy to your broken and fragile world.

God of joy, take our hands and join them with one another in a prayer and circle of unity. May we hold these hands lovingly and with purpose.

God of joy, help us to give of ourselves without fear but with a joyful and light heart.

God of joy, help us not to take ourselves so seriously that we lose sight of all that is good and joyful in the world and sparkling in your Cathedral of Life.

God of joy, help us to be loving to the least of these our family members and may we always see you in them.

God of Joy, heal all those who have any kind of  illness. God we pray for the continued healing of our bodies, minds, and spirits.

God of joy and love, wrap all of us your children who are grieving the loss of loved ones and special people in our lives.

God of Joy, we pray for all those who are dying and who have died today. Let your perpetual light shine upon them and show them your gentle and loving light and to those who are transitioning into the Thin Places.

God of joy, we pray for those who have requested our prayers and those who are afraid to ask us for prayers.  We remember especially ____________________

God of joy, we pray for all the faith communities, leaders, and members who are preparing for worship this night and as they worship tomorrow.

God of Joy, we lift up these our prayers in the name of your Son Jesus the Christ who by His birth brought joy, healing, and salvation to the world. Amen.


[Here is additional material from another blog! -This is meant for all of us not just the little ones!]

Dear fellow children of God-

 Today and for the past few days I have  been thinking about many things and not  as in ALICE IN  WONDERLAND," 
To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--" that we should be teaching our children and we ourselves need to be reminded of.  Here is my list and maybe you have your own list.

We all need to instill in our children empathy and sympathy and teach them compassion. This starts early.

We must teach them how to be compassionate, learn to forgive, learn how to say they are sorry with sincerity. 

We must teach them not to fear others who are different than themselves.

We all need to teach our children attitudes of gratitude and not be given to a sense of entitlement.

We all need to teach and show our children how to care and be gentle to all of God's living creatures.

We must teach our children to be helpers and compassionate and caring givers.

We all need to teach our children how to look on the least of the these as family members.

We need to teach them how to be kind and gentle.

We need to give them courage to have curiosity.

We need to teach them and show them to appreciate God's Cathedral of Life and play outdoors.

We need to show them that they don't need to rely solely on technology and to think for themselves and give  them as in the Episcopal Baptismal Rite in one of the prayers found on page 308 of the BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER " Give them
an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and to
persevere, a spirit to know and to love you, and the gift of joy
and wonder in all your works. Amen."

We all must care for every child as if they are our own and protect them from harm for we were children too.

We all must recapture imagination and dreaming and yes find our way back into childhood. 

We must teach our children and ourselves to see and treat everyone with dignity, respect, inclusion, and acceptance. No Need to Teach and instill fear, hate, mistrust, and  prejudice.

We all must  give into whimsy, play, and fun. Live, Love, Laugh!

We all must practice being thankful and giving thankfully. Give from the heart !

We all  must respect each  other  from a place of where we are, and who we are, and  that we are the beautiful children God created us to be.

We must take time to re-unite and re-connect with our loved ones who have fallen through the cracks.

We all must not be self-focused and teach our children the same by speaking not I but We and We not they.

We must teach ourselves and our children to learn how to ask for help, companionship, and  courage to speak up for themselves and others.

If we are in a faith community we need to tell our young ones about how our faith sustains us and live  by example. 
We must show our children and all our family members how to love, receive love, and love themselves as we love them with a heart that is joyful, loving, hopeful, peaceful, generous, and most of all compassionate and accepting. 

What is on your "Teach the Children Well" List? Here is a reminder from the musical "South Pacific"
Mandy Patinkin- You've got to be carefully taught]

Prayer of St. Teresa of Avila

Lord,
Thou knowest better than I myself
that I am growing older and will someday be old.
Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking
I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.
Release me from craving to
straighten out everybody’s affairs.
Make me thoughtful but not moody;
helpful but not bossy.
With my vast store of wisdom,
it seems a pity not to use it all;
but Thou knowest, Lord,
that I want a few friends at the end.
Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details;
give me wings to get to the point.
Seal my lips on my aches and pains;
they are increasing, and love of rehearsing them
is becoming sweeter as the years go by.
I dare not ask for improved memory,
but for a growing humility and a lessening cock-sureness
when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others.
Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.
Keep me reasonably sweet, for a sour old person
is one of the crowning works of the devil.
Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places
and talents in unexpected people;
and give, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.
Amen.
– – – prayer by St. Teresa of Avila

When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.

For the Poor and the Neglected
Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you
all poor and neglected persons whom it would be easy for us
to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick,
and all who have none to care for them. Help us to heal those
who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow
into joy. Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for
our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For the Oppressed
Look with pity, O heavenly Father, upon the people in this
land who live with injustice, terror, disease, and death as
their constant companions. Have mercy upon us. Help us to
eliminate our cruelty to these our neighbors. Strengthen those
who spend their lives establishing equal protection of the law
and equal opportunities for all. And grant that every one of
us may enjoy a fair portion of the riches of this land; through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


For those who Influence Public Opinion
Almighty God, you proclaim your truth in every age by many
voices: Direct, in our time, we pray, those who speak where
many listen and write what many read; that they may do their
part in making the heart of this people wise, its mind sound, and
its will righteous; to the honor of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

For the Care of Children
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the
joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient
wisdom as we bring them up, that we may teach them to love
whatever is just and true and good, following the example of
our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

 For Young Persons
God our Father, you see your children growing up in an
unsteady and confusing world: Show them that your ways
give more life than the ways of the world, and that following
you is better than chasing after selfish goals. Help them to
take failure, not as a measure of their worth, but as a chance
for a new start. Give them strength to hold their faith in you,
and to keep alive their joy in your creation; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.



“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”

― Teresa of Ávila
 

The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32


Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel.

A Prayer of St. Chrysostom

Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one
accord to make our common supplication to you; and you
have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two
or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the
midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions
as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of
your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.

May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in
believing through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Romans 15:13
The blessing of God, the eternal goodwill of God, the shalom of God, the wildness and the warmth of God, be among us and between us, now and always.


Christ be within us to keep us, 
beside us to guard, 
before us to lead, 
behind us to protect, 
beneath us to support, 
above us to bless.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

Good Night Dear Ones! I love you! I give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love,

Sara



Resources
Satucket Lectionary
Episcopal Church Liturgical Calendar
Bible Gateway
A New Zealand Prayer Book
The Northumbria Community
Enriching Our Worship 1
A to Z Quotes
Book of Common Prayer

Calendar Work For December 12: Light candles for whatever places or situations break your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment