Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Happy Birthday Winnie the Pooh! Time for a little bit of childhood magic.Something for you and your family! Prayers included.





Good Evening Dear Family of Love!

Happy #WisdomWednesday and the 90th birthday of Winnie The Pooh! 90 years old ! This is a fabulous thing to celebrate along with my 2 1/2 years of being cancer free! We haven't had a light moment in awhile so tonight let's have some fun. How many of you remember your childhood pastimes? Let's take time to remember making mud pies, blanket forts, hopscotch, tether ball, dress up, toy soldiers, etc. We all need to remember that we were and are the beloved children of God and need to spend sometime rejoicing, dancing, laughing, and having joy in our lives. These things are very sacred and much needed when times are dark and stressful. 

Tonight we are going to have an old fashioned time of fun singing children's songs from Winnie the Pooh!

Winnie Pooh Theme Song

The wonderful things about Tiggers!

Enjoy these moments of fun! Now let us listen to a bed time story or two. 

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Eric Carle

Good Night Moon


Now let us remember some of the hymns we sung as children!

Fairest Lord Jesus

All Things Bright and Beautiful

This Little Light of Mine

I Sing a Song of the Saints of God


Who remembers this?

Here's the Church.....


I know this all seem's a bit simplistic but this is a reminder that we all must have a childlike faith in God and remember the basics. It's good to get back in touch with this part of us because it helps during stressful and tense times. 

Tonight I would like us to use prayers from childhood and then have a time of rest.

Before we do this take time to view the images below. 










I see the moon,
The moon sees me
God bless the moon,
And God bless me.......old nursery rhyme

++++++++++++++++

Prayer

PRAYER Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray thee Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray thee Lord my soul to take. 


Prayer

God bless everyone, the people of few and many words, the people from all over the world
God bless our nature, the birds and the bees, the mountains and the streams
God bless the hurt and hungry bring comfort and strength to all to find love in another
God bless all who work to become a stronger and compassionate people seek all to walk with Thee
Through your infinite love we find peace and harmony Thank you God for caring for all
Hardship and pain is hurtful and sad though faith in you will carry us through
Thank you God for loving us so we are undeserving of your love but your love still shines through
We keep our faith and love you too Thank you God for loving us so.
 

Father is Heaven grant me the strength to carry on from day to day and to help me to deal with life and my illness and to keep me and my family from all dangers in life. Help me to do all of the things that are right and to follow the instructions of my parents and to help me to be a good kid. Father grant me the strength to get well and to help me with being able to do well in school and to be able to get good grades. Father give me the encouragement to do all things that I need to do to grow up and be like you. Thank You for these things in Jesus name Amen.

Prayer

Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me,
Bless thy little lamb tonight;
Through the darkness, be Thou near me,
Keep me safe 'till morning light.
~ ~ ~
All this day Thy hand hath led me,
And I thank Thee for Thy care;
Thou hast warmed me, clothed and fed me,
Listen to my evening prayer.
~ ~ ~
Let my sins be all forgiven,
Bless the friends I love so well;
Take me home at last to Heaven,
Happy there with Thee to dwell!
~ ~ ~
by Mary L. Duncan (1814-1840)

Image result for my boat is so small

God Bless_________________________Amen. 


And now for a few adult prayers just for you! Remember you are a Child of God at prayer!
Image result for child at prayer image


Now let us pray for peace and unity among all people and nations! 

God who made us and makes us one we pray for unity among all people and nations
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one lead us to put away all hindrances that divide us
May we be one and love one another

God who made us and makes us one give us  the courage to see you in the eyes of all who are our enemies and wish us harm.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for all who are ill in body, mind, and spirit. Heal them and make them whole and may we lovingly respond to their needs.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for the protection of those who are protesting using peaceful non-violence.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for the protection of all our most vulnerable family members. Help us to see ourselves and you in their eyes and love them as you have taught us and to serve them as you have taught us to serve.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one. we give thanks for all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries this day.

God who made us and makes us one may we be with those who are pre-grieving and mourning any loss.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for all who are dying and have died may they find loving, joy, and oneness with you in the Thin Places.

God who made us and makes us one we offer these our prayers and thanksgivings in the most Holy Name of your Son Jesus. May we be one and love one another. Amen.


Today's wish: Connect with all that is good and holy in every person you meet. Love boldly and fearlessly! I love you!


Image result for child at prayer image

Good Night dear and beloved family ! I  love you and give God thanks for you this day and always. Tomorrow is Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday ! Practice random acts of kindness and put on attitudes of gratitude. 

With love and blessings!

Sara


Childhood Prayers from Desperate Preacher

No comments:

Post a Comment