Sunday, July 9, 2017

Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy






Good Afternoon and Early Evening Dear Ones!

Happy Sabbath Rest Day ! Yesterday I got home from the consecration and ordination of the Rt. Rev. John H.Taylor very late. It was a marvelous service and lots of bells, smells, and views to take in not to mention in the area where I live wildfires are raging and out of control. Please keep all places under wildfire threat in your thoughts and prayers.  What's on our retreat schedule today? More rest and a time to renew our energy towards next week's de-cluttering. 

Today I want to re-introduce our mindfulness exercises that will help us go back into the center of our inner beings! This is the day we get to reconnect and spend in the presence of God. 

You will need one timing device:
Mindfulness App
Timer
Musical Selection set to the time of how long you wish to remain in silence.
Today we will start with a sit for about 5-10 minutes. 

Find your timing device and set it between 5- 10 minutes:

Today's featured musical mindfulness selection:

Veni Sancte Spiritus-Taize


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy to Set our Path That Leads to the Center of our being into the presence God. Send us out into the world where we can  be the change you want to see in the world that you have made. Give us sure footing and when we find ourselves overburdened let us remember the words you spoke today in your God News:

“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale deeply.
Hold
Exhale Gently.
Pause.

Close your eyes, pray the phrase, repeat as necessary.


Let us move to a time of prayer and meditating upon today's lessons.

O God, you have taught us to keep all your commandments by loving you and our neighbor: Grant us the grace of your Holy Spirit, that we may be devoted to you with our whole heart, and united to one another with pure affection; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.


Genesis 24:34-38, 42-49, 58-67

The servant said to Laban, “I am Abraham’s servant. The Lord has greatly blessed my master, and he has become wealthy; he has given him flocks and herds, silver and gold, male and female slaves, camels and donkeys. And Sarah my master’s wife bore a son to my master when she was old; and he has given him all that he has. My master made me swear, saying, ‘You shall not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, in whose land I live; but you shall go to my father’s house, to my kindred, and get a wife for my son.’

“I came today to the spring, and said, ‘O Lord, the God of my master Abraham, if now you will only make successful the way I am going! I am standing here by the spring of water; let the young woman who comes out to draw, to whom I shall say, “Please give me a little water from your jar to drink,” and who will say to me, “Drink, and I will draw for your camels also” —let her be the woman whom the Lord has appointed for my master’s son.’

“Before I had finished speaking in my heart, there was Rebekah coming out with her water jar on her shoulder; and she went down to the spring, and drew. I said to her, ‘Please let me drink.’ She quickly let down her jar from her shoulder, and said, ‘Drink, and I will also water your camels.’ So I drank, and she also watered the camels. Then I asked her, ‘Whose daughter are you?’ She said, ‘The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor’s son, whom Milcah bore to him.’ So I put the ring on her nose, and the bracelets on her arms. Then I bowed my head and worshiped the Lord, and blessed the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who had led me by the right way to obtain the daughter of my master’s kinsman for his son. Now then, if you will deal loyally and truly with my master, tell me; and if not, tell me, so that I may turn either to the right hand or to the left.”

And they called Rebekah, and said to her, “Will you go with this man?” She said, “I will.” So they sent away their sister Rebekah and her nurse along with Abraham’s servant and his men. And they blessed Rebekah and said to her, “May you, our sister, become thousands of myriads; may your offspring gain possession of the gates of their foes.” Then Rebekah and her maids rose up, mounted the camels, and followed the man; thus the servant took Rebekah, and went his way. Now Isaac had come from Beer-lahai-roi, and was settled in the Negeb. Isaac went out in the evening to walk in the field; and looking up, he saw camels coming. And Rebekah looked up, and when she saw Isaac, she slipped quickly from the camel, and said to the servant, “Who is the man over there, walking in the field to meet us?” The servant said, “It is my master.” So she took her veil and covered herself. And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done. Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent. He took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her. So Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.


Psalm 45: 11-18

Eructavit cor meum

11 "Hear, O daughter; consider and listen closely; * 
forget your people and your father's house.
12 The king will have pleasure in your beauty; * 
he is your master; therefore do him honor.
13 The people of Tyre are here with a gift; * 
the rich among the people seek your favor."
14 All glorious is the princess as she enters; * 
her gown is cloth-of-gold.
15 In embroidered apparel she is brought to the king; * 
after her the bridesmaids follow in procession.
16 With joy and gladness they are brought, * 
and enter into the palace of the king.
17 "In place of fathers, O king, you shall have sons; * 
you shall make them princes over all the earth.
18 I will make your name to be remembered 
from one generation to another; * 
therefore nations will praise you for ever and ever."

Song of Solomon 2:8-13

The voice of my beloved!
Look, he comes,
leaping upon the mountains,
bounding over the hills.
My beloved is like a gazelle
or a young stag.
Look, there he stands
behind our wall,
gazing in at the windows,
looking through the lattice.
My beloved speaks and says to me:
"Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away;
for now the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth its figs,
and the vines are in blossom; 
they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away."


Zechariah 9:9-12

Rejoice greatly, O daughter Zion!
Shout aloud, O daughter Jerusalem!
Lo, your king comes to you;
triumphant and victorious is he,
humble and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
He will cut off the chariot from Ephraim
and the war horse from Jerusalem;
and the battle bow shall be cut off,
and he shall command peace to the nations;
his dominion shall be from sea to sea,
and from the River to the ends of the earth.
As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you,
I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.
Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope;
today I declare that I will restore to you double.

Psalm 145:8-15

Exaltabo te, Deus

8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, *
slow to anger and of great kindness.
9 The Lord is loving to everyone *
and his compassion is over all his works.
10 All your works praise you, O Lord, *
and your faithful servants bless you.
11 They make known the glory of your kingdom *
and speak of your power;
12 That the peoples may know of your power *
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom; *
your dominion endures throughout all ages.
14 The Lord is faithful in all his words *
and merciful in all his deeds.
15 The Lord upholds all those who fall; *
he lifts up those who are bowed down.

A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11
Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.


Romans 7:15-25a

I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. But in fact it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwells within me.

So I find it to be a law that when I want to do what is good, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self, but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind, making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!


A Song of the Spirit
Revelation 22:12-17

“Behold, I am coming soon,” says the Lord,
“and bringing my reward with me, *
to give to everyone according to their deeds.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, *
the beginning and the end.”
Blessed are those who do God’s commandments,
that they may have the right to the tree of life, *
and may enter the city through the gates.
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to you, *
with this testimony for all the churches.
“I am the root and the offspring of David, *
I am the bright morning star.”
“Come!” say the Spirit and the Bride; *
“Come!” let each hearer reply!
Come forward, you who are thirsty, *
let those who desire take the water of life as a gift.

Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30

Jesus said to the crowd, “To what will I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to one another,

‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon’; the Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.”

At that time Jesus said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

A Song of Faith
1 Peter 1:3-4,18-21
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
by divine mercy we have a new birth into a living hope;
Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, *
we have an inheritance that is imperishable in heaven.
The ransom that was paid to free us *
was not paid in silver or gold,
But in the precious blood of Christ, *
the Lamb without spot or stain.
God raised Jesus from the dead and gave him glory *
so that we might have faith and hope in God.



Let us continue with prayer: Please respond this way: 

Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these.

Beside the still waters we come  to seek you  God  in the quietness of our being

Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we come to pray for peace in this fragile and broken world of  yours


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we pray for and end to all anxiety, fear, and worry that our minds and spirits may be still.

Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we pray for our neighbors all over the world that we may find unity and learn to love one another as dearly loved family members of Yours.


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we come for respite, relaxation, rest, and renewal. We pray for calmness as we rest in your arms and never ending love and mercy.


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we come to ask prayers for all our family members who are in need of healing and strength remembering___________________


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these


Beside the still waters we come seeking solace for those of us who are living through the long journey of mourning and grief.


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we come praying for all the least of these and all who are affected by violence, terror, abuse, and everyone who is struggling through the world's calamities.


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these


Beside the still waters we give thanks for the lives who have entered eternal joy today and those who are in the midst of transitioning from this earthly life into a heavenly one.


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit!  Comfort the dying with your enfolding and loving spirit. 
Beside the still waters we pray for all who are lost, lonely, alone and seeking companionship. We pray that our hearts may be stilled as we wait. We pray that we may not lose heart and live boldly,yet gently alone.


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we pray for _____________________


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters we give thanks for _______________


Veni Sancte Spiritus: Come Holy Spirit! Breathe in us New Life and Love Energy in us to do your will and serve the least of these

Beside the still waters may we journey over to the other side of the lake and offer our prayers in the quietness to Jesus . Amen.


The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

We remember the words of St. Francis:  

The Peace Prayer

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.


Before we close let us remember the Comfortable Words:

Hear the Word of God to all who truly turn to him.

Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and
I will refresh you. Matthew 11:28

God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son,
to the end that all that believe in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life. John 3:16

This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
1 Timothy 1:15

If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus
Christ the righteous; and he is the perfect offering for our
sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole
world. 1 John 2:1

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21


Our final musical selection comes from ? Please click on the link to see! 

Mystery Hymn?

Or these


Let us be at prayer

Jesus help us to go over to the other side and rest and pray with you. 

We ask you Lord Jesus to come and tenderize our hearts and enliven our spirits to be the loving brothers and sisters to you and follow where you lead us.

Jesus show us the pathway to peace in our world. Help us to lay down our anger, suspicion, fears, and resentment of our family members whom we don't know very well. 

Jesus we ask you to heal the many people on our prayer walking prayer list who are ill and have been newly diagnosed with cancer or any other disease. We remember them in our hearts and by name__________________

Jesus we pray for peace in the Middle East and all the holy places where you preached, healed, walked, and  made a difference in people's lives with your loving and accepting touch. 

Jesus may we continually be at prayer for all of the 51 million + refugees who do not have a place to call home. Help us always to remember that you , Joseph, and Mary were refugees and went into the land of Egypt until the death of Herod.


Jesus we pray for all of your servants who are preparing for worship on Sunday. May they find the words to  amplify and enlighten the words of  Your Gospel Message. 

Jesus we give thanks to you this day for_____________________
Jesus may we remember this day__________________________
Jesus may we celebrate with you this day these events in our lives and the lives of others especially____________
Jesus we give thanks to you this day for_________________________

Jesus we ask for forgiveness of our sins and help us lovingly forgive those who have harmed us and let go of the past and move forward.

Jesus give us loving and accepting hearts for all those who differ from us and may we see each person in God's world as reflection of You. May we always remember this 'The light of Christ in me recognizes the Light of Christ in you!' May we all be the light of the world and especially to this broken and violent world in which we live. May we sew seeds of peace and love wherever we go and live by your example.


Jesus may we with you comfort those who mourn the loss of loved ones and wrap our arms around them with prayer, love, compassion, and comfort.


Jesus we pray for all those who have died and are dying today remembering especially_____________may they rest in peace and rise in glory.

Jesus  we pray for the least of these may we never look down on them but see you reflected in them. May we come to their aide and serve them.

Jesus may we never find ourselves too busy to help those in any need or want. May we and our faith families provide sanctuary for the least of these and never deprive any one of food, clothing, or shelter.

Jesus we lift up these our prayers to you in Your most Holy Name. Amen.

+++++

Have a blessed evening my Dear Brothers and Sisters. I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always. 
De-cluttering: Suggested projects this week:
Recycle
Work on your garage
Go through your house again
Work on your spiritual lives.
De-clutter your minds
Work on your relationships of any kind.  and clean out the gunk.
Select things that you want to accomplish.
If you are traveling ask yourself how many brochures you really need to keep between two people. Paper can add poundage to your luggage and back packs.
Clean out your cars.

With Love and blessings,

Sara


Resources; 

Lectionary Page . Net
Enriching Our Worship.
Book of Common Prayer
Walk With Me On Our Journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment