Friday, July 7, 2017

Woo Hoo it is Sabbath Rest Retreat Weekend!






Good Evening Dear Family of Love and God!

It is finally here! Our Sabbath Rest Retreat weekend! This weekend I'm going to ask us to refrain from de-cluttering and enter into a time of Holy and Life Giving Sabbath Rest. We are going to keep it very simple tonight and enjoy a time of holy silence.  That is all we are doing tonight and in the days to come. To begin let us follow a few of the pieces from last evening's blog and then enter into prayer. 

Light and peace, in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thanks be to God.


Bizzing the Rags instructions!
Tonight as part of preparation for tomorrow's retreat time and worship I would like to suggest that everyone spends time in reflection and writing down your worries,things that needs to be let go of so that when we come together  tomorrow our bodies, minds and spirits may be ready to hear and receive all the goodies God has in store for us. Don't forget  to make forgiving and asking for forgiveness part of this.  


A Smudging Prayer
 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.





Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale
Hold 
Exhale 
Pause

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale
Hold 
Exhale 
Pause

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Inhale
Hold 
Exhale 
Pause


Close your eyes and breathe deeply and repeat.


Almighty God, we give you thanks for surrounding us, as
daylight fades, with the brightness of the vesper light; and we
implore you of your great mercy that, as you enfold us with
the radiance of this light, so you would shine into our hearts
the brightness of your Holy Spirit; through Jesus Christ our
Lord. Amen.

O Gracious Light Phos hilaron
O gracious Light,
pure brightness of the everliving Father in heaven,
O Jesus Christ, holy and blessed!
Now as we come to the setting of the sun,
and our eyes behold the vesper light,
we sing your praises, O God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
You are worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices,
O Son of God, O Giver of life,
and to be glorified through all the worlds.




141 Domine, clamavi

1 O Lord, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.

2 Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

3 Set a watch before my mouth, O Lord,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.

4 Let me not be occupied in wickedness with evildoers, *
nor eat of their choice foods.

5 Let the righteous smite me in friendly rebuke;
let not the oil of the unrighteous anoint my head; *
for my prayer is continually against their wicked deeds.

6 Let their rulers be overthrown in stony places, *
that they may know my words are true.

7 As when a plowman turns over the earth in furrows, *
let their bones be scattered at the mouth of the grave.

8 But my eyes are turned to you, Lord God; *
in you I take refuge;
do not strip me of my life.

9 Protect me from the snare which they have laid for me *
and from the traps of the evildoers.

10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets, *
while I myself escape.

143 Domine, exaudi

1 Lord, hear my prayer,
and in your faithfulness heed my supplications; *
answer me in your righteousness.

2 Enter not into judgment with your servant, *
for in your sight shall no one living be justified.

3 For my enemy has sought my life;
he has crushed me to the ground; *
he has made me live in dark places like those who
are long dead.

4 My spirit faints within me; *
my heart within me is desolate.

5 I remember the time past;
I muse upon all your deeds; *
I consider the works of your hands.

6 I spread out my hands to you; *
my soul gasps to you like a thirsty land.

7 O Lord, make haste to answer me; my spirit fails me; *
do not hide your face from me
or I shall be like those who go down to the Pit.

8 Let me hear of your loving-kindness in the morning,
for I put my trust in you; *
show me the road that I must walk,
for I lift up my soul to you.

9 Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord, *
for I flee to you for refuge.

10 Teach me to do what pleases you, for you are my God; *
let your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

11 Revive me, O Lord, for your Name's sake; *
for your righteousness' sake, bring me out of trouble.

(12 Of your goodness, destroy my enemies
and bring all my foes to naught, *
for truly I am your servant.)


Acts 9:1-9

9 Meanwhile Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any who belonged to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he was going along and approaching Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?’ 5 He asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ The reply came, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But get up and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.’ 7 The men who were travelling with him stood speechless because they heard the voice but saw no one. 8 Saul got up from the ground, and though his eyes were open, he could see nothing; so they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 For three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

13 A Song of Praise Benedictus es, Domine
Song of the Three Young Men, 29-34

Glory to you, Lord God of our fathers; *
you are worthy of praise; glory to you.
Glory to you for the radiance of your holy Name; *
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Glory to you in the splendor of your temple; *
on the throne of your majesty, glory to you.
Glory to you, seated between the Cherubim; *
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Glory to you, beholding the depths; *
in the high vault of heaven, glory to you.
Glory to you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; *
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Matthew 9:9-13

9 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth; and he said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And he got up and followed him.

10 And as he sat at dinner* in the house, many tax-collectors and sinners came and were sitting* with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, ‘Why does your teacher eat with tax-collectors and sinners?’ 12 But when he heard this, he said, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 Go and learn what this means, “I desire mercy, not sacrifice.” For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.’

The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


A Repeating Alleluia - Hampton

Transfiguration

Be Still, My Soul

We offer our humble and tender hearts to you O, God  this night. 

We pray and give thanks that you made forgiveness and love possible in this your fragile world.

We come to you with humility asking for forgiveness of all wrongs we have done this day. Help us to atone and be at one with you again.

We pray for all of our tender souled family members who are in need of our prayers and kind deeds.

We pray for peace in our hearts, minds, spirits, and in this world now more thank ever that we may become truly the Family and Children of  God.

We pray this night for all who are ill and who are in need of healing of body, mind, and spirit.

We pray this night that we remember that wherever we plant our feet, look to the skies, touch with our hands, is holy. May we remember this holiness always.

We  pray that we may always remember that every day is holy and that we must be aligned with you not just on Sundays.

We pray for all who are refugees,prisoners, captives, asylum seekers, and those who have been victimized by violence, terror, injustice, and abuse. We pray especially for all women and children who have been victims of human trafficking.

We pray that our hearts may be filled with love, joy, hope, and peace and hearts that are equipped for loving and forgiving all of our family members. 

We pray for_______________________

We give thanks for__________________

We lift these our prayers heavenward and heartwards to you Jesus. Amen

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Almighty, everlasting God, let our prayer in your sight be as
incense, the lifting up of our hands as the evening sacrifice.
Give us grace to behold you, present in your Word and
Sacraments, and to recognize you in the lives of those around
us. Stir up in us the flame of that love which burned in the
heart of your Son as he bore his passion, and let it burn in us
to eternal life and to the ages of ages. Amen.


O God, you manifest in your servants the signs of your
presence: Send forth upon us the Spirit of love, that in
companionship with one another your abounding grace may
increase among us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Lord bless you and keep us. Amen.

The Lord make his face to shine upon us
and be gracious to us. Amen.

The Lord lift up his countenance upon us
and give us peace. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely
more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to him from
generation to generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus
for ever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20, 21

.

++++++


Good Night Lovies! Have a blessed night knowing that you are loved and appreciated. Rest gentle and know that rest if very important. I love you and give thanks to God for you! 

With love and peace,

Sara


Resources: 
Book of Common Prayer
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Metis Ministries
Satucket Lectionary
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment