Friday, October 20, 2017

A reminder to us all that Spirit Day is not just one day a year! #RespectTheDignityOfEveryHumanBeing !





Good Evening Dear Family!

Happy Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly Without Fretting. Yesterday was Spirit Day and we must  be against bullying in all its forms and to all people. This year people of color, immigrants, and the LGBTQ community have had it the worst. Many of us are becoming erased by our government and rights that we have been enjoying are being stripped away. This is not at all what we as people of faith and I mean all faiths should be allowing at any speed. Remember the Beatitudes, Micah, and Matthew 25?  I hope you do. We all must dig deep into these scripture texts and make friends with them and follow the precepts Jesus keeps giving us. So let us spend time in our sacred healing circle of love and sanctuary and pray for all people who are being victims or have been victims of bullying and abuse. We mustn't forget to do our Worry Free Sabbath Box,Jar, journal work first. 

Let us come together in this healing circle of love to pray, meditate, hold sacred space in this cyber sanctuary together. May we engage in "The Be Stills":



Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Pause
Inhale Gently.
Exhale Gently.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Pause
Inhale Gently.
Exhale Gently.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Pause
Inhale Gently.
Exhale Gently.


Or this form:

Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind, in the waves, and in our hearts
Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind,in the waves.
Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind.
Be still and hear the whisper of God.
Be still and hear the whisper.
Be still and hear.
Be still.
Be.


The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!"
I hold holy space for you in love and peace this day and always!



Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Let us light our candles and make vigil for all who have been bullied, abused, harassed, exploited,  and victims of sexual violence and human trafficking,  in our nation and the world.









God we come before you this night with troubled hearts, minds, and spirits seeking unity not division, not to hate but to love, to be together as we accept our differences without fear, anxiety, and suspicion. We light one candle tonight in unity, compassion, acceptance, love, and mercy. We light one candle tonight for the family member and others who represent the latest deaths of our brothers and sisters in the Abrahamic Faiths and LGBTQUIA communities due to hate groups and those who have decided that living is too much to bear and commit suicide. We pray that we all may be one and live authentically without shame as we open ourselves up to tell our stories. We pray for loving hearts and listening ears so that we may absorb the many stories of coming out and the struggles that continue to plague and give rise to insecurity. We pray that we all may be one and that we may seek only to be we not we/they or them and us. We pray this night that we all may be one as Jesus and you are one. We pray that we may respect the dignity of every human being without fear but with light, love, justice, kindness, and a willingness to help stop the shaming and hate filled speech. We hold this candle out to one another and say and pray these words "The Light of Christ in Me, Recognizes the Light of Christ in you! Let us all be one in love, prayer, and peace this night as we are united with you God. Amen.


IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez




A Smudging Prayer
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ.
May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit
will help us to worship in spirit and truth.
We pray in the name of Jesus,
so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you.

Amen.




For our meditation time we will spend time pondering and being in silent prayer with the following :


                                                                The Anti- Bullying  Compact

We  family members of  love and pilgrims of Walk With Me On Our Journey here in the presence of God and each other agree to end bullying and support those who are victims of  the same by the following actions:
We actively will respect the dignity of every human being no matter who they are and honor and love them as our family members.
We will treat all of our family members as we would like to be treated. 
We will speak out when we see bullying taking place without fear but with courage and strength.
We will use the correct pronouns that our family members have requested. We will protect our most vulnerable family members with words and deeds. 
We will ensure proper legislation is enacted to protect all people at all stations of life.
We will stand with our LGBT community both young and old.and protect them from verbal and physical abuse. 
We will give of our time in volunteering in organizations that protect our youth and children.
 We must stand with the least of these as God repeatedly tells us!
 We must devote our Love Energy to the cessation of verbal and physical violence.
 We must devote our waking hours to keeping watch over each other and making sure that each and everyone is respected and protected from bullies and trolls 
We must begin early education of all our family members in right behavior towards all people.
We must seek to ensure that bullying doesn't escalate into armed violence.
We must become the ears and eyes for the vulnerable and outcast.
We must love God, our family members and ourselves.
We must never be silent!

22 Deus, Deus meus

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? *
and are so far from my cry
and from the words of my distress?

2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you do not answer; *
by night as well, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are the Holy One, *
enthroned upon the praises of Israel.

4 Our forefathers put their trust in you; *
they trusted, and you delivered them.

5 They cried out to you and were delivered; *
they trusted in you and were not put to shame.

6 But as for me, I am a worm and no man, *
scorned by all and despised by the people.

7 All who see me laugh me to scorn; *
they curl their lips and wag their heads, saying,

8 "He trusted in the Lord; let him deliver him; *
let him rescue him, if he delights in him."

9 Yet you are he who took me out of the womb, *
and kept me safe upon my mother's breast.

10 I have been entrusted to you ever since I was born; *
you were my God when I was still in my
mother's womb.

11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near, *
and there is none to help.

12 Many young bulls encircle me; *
strong bulls of Bashan surround me.

13 They open wide their jaws at me, *
like a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water;
all my bones are out of joint; *
my heart within my breast is melting wax.

15 My mouth is dried out like a pot-sherd;
my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; *
and you have laid me in the dust of the grave.

16 Packs of dogs close me in,
and gangs of evildoers circle around me; *
they pierce my hands and my feet;
I can count all my bones.

17 They stare and gloat over me; *
they divide my garments among them;
they cast lots for my clothing.

18 Be not far away, O Lord; *
you are my strength; hasten to help me.

19 Save me from the sword, *
my life from the power of the dog.

20 Save me from the lion's mouth, *
my wretched body from the horns of wild bulls.

21 I will declare your Name to my brethren; *
in the midst of the congregation I will praise you.


22 Praise the Lord, you that fear him; *
stand in awe of him, O offspring of Israel;
all you of Jacob's line, give glory.


23 For he does not despise nor abhor the poor in their poverty;
neither does he hide his face from them; *
but when they cry to him he hears them.

24 My praise is of him in the great assembly; *
I will perform my vows in the presence of those who
worship him.

25 The poor shall eat and be satisfied,
and those who seek the Lord shall praise him: *
"May your heart live for ever!"

26 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to
the Lord, *
and all the families of the nations shall bow before him.

27 For kingship belongs to the Lord; *
he rules over the nations.

28 To him alone all who sleep in the earth bow down
in worship; *
all who go down to the dust fall before him.

29 My soul shall live for him;
my descendants shall serve him; *
they shall be known as the Lord's for ever.

30 They shall come and make known to a people yet unborn *
the saving deeds that he has done.



Psalm 111

Praise for God’s Wonderful Works

1 Praise the Lord!
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart,
in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
2 Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
3 Full of honor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever.
4 He has gained renown by his wonderful deeds;
the Lord is gracious and merciful.
5 He provides food for those who fear him;
he is ever mindful of his covenant.
6 He has shown his people the power of his works,
in giving them the heritage of the nations.
7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy.
8 They are established forever and ever,
to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness.
9 He sent redemption to his people;
he has commanded his covenant forever.
Holy and awesome is his name.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all those who practice it[a] have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever.


Micah 6:1-8New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

God Challenges Israel

Hear what the Lord says:
    Rise, plead your case before the mountains,
    and let the hills hear your voice.
Hear, you mountains, the controversy of the Lord,
    and you enduring foundations of the earth;
for the Lord has a controversy with his people,
    and he will contend with Israel.
“O my people, what have I done to you?
    In what have I wearied you? Answer me!
For I brought you up from the land of Egypt,
    and redeemed you from the house of slavery;
and I sent before you Moses,
    Aaron, and Miriam.
O my people, remember now what King Balak of Moab devised,
    what Balaam son of Beor answered him,
and what happened from Shittim to Gilgal,
    that you may know the saving acts of the Lord.”

What God Requires

“With what shall I come before the Lord,
    and bow myself before God on high?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
    with calves a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
    with ten thousands of rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
    the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”
He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
    and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
    and to walk humbly with your God?


Ephesians 4:31-32J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

31-32 Let there be no more resentment, no more anger or temper, no more violent self-assertiveness, no more slander and no more malicious remarks, Be kind to each other, be understanding. Be as ready to forgive others as God for Christ’s sake has forgiven you.


2 Samuel 22:2-3New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

2 He said:

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,
3 my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold and my refuge,
my savior; you save me from violence.

Matthew 25:

The Judgment of the Nations

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,[g] you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”





Psalm 145:13-16 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)


13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
The Lord is faithful in all his words,
and gracious in all his deeds.
14 The Lord upholds all who are falling,
and raises up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food in due season.
16 You open your hand,
satisfying the desire of every living thing.

Hebrews 13:5New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

Matthew 7:12New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
The Golden Rule

12 “In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets.

Psalm 27:1-2New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
Psalm 27
Triumphant Song of Confidence
Of David.

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When evildoers assail me
to devour my flesh—
my adversaries and foes—
they shall stumble and fall.

Psalm 91:11-14 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the adder,
the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.
14 Those who love me, I will deliver;
I will protect those who know my name.

Matthew 6:13 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

13 And do not bring us to the time of trial,
but rescue us from the evil one.


Daniel 4:3 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

3 How great are his signs,
how mighty his wonders!
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and his sovereignty is from generation to generation.



Isaiah 43:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 I am the Lord, your Holy One,
Israel’s Creator, your King.”


From Episcopal Peace Fellowship
A Litany for Transgendered Persons
Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice in solidarity with the 1731 people murdered for their gender since 2008, along with the many other deaths that remain unknown. We stand especially for transgender women of color, who are frequently the first targets of anti-trans violence. Will you work and pray for the end of violence against trans bodies, remembering those we have lost and listening to those who are crying out for justice?
People: We will with God’s help.
Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice in solidarity with the rising epidemic of transgender youth who have committed suicide. Taught to expect a lifetime of brutal discrimination, forced to endure being called by their wrong name & often betrayed by those closest to them, these young people came of age in a world that offered them no hope, no future. Will you work & pray for the creation of opportunities for trans youth and young adults, spaces that celebrate the fullness of their identities and honor their experiences?
People: We will with God’s help.
Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice in solidarity with all those who have encountered discrimination because of their gender identity or expression. We remember all who currently live in a network of oppressions designed to erase their experience as we denounce the systems that create barriers to the full participation of people of all genders. Will you work and pray for the end of discrimination and full participation for people of all genders in every area of life?
People: We will with God’s help.
+++++++

Let us pray the Beatitudes:


Matthew 5:1-12New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Beatitudes
5 When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


We remember the words of St. Francis:

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life."

And we remember the words of St. Teresa of Avila

Teresa of Avila (1515–1582)
Christ Has No Body

Christ has no body but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
Compassion on this world,
Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good,
Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands, yours are the feet,
Yours are the eyes, you are his body.
Christ has no body now but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
compassion on this world.
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.


“Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.” 
― Teresa of Ávila




Prayers for  Spirit Day!

God of love and protection we pray this night for all of our family members who are being bullied and abused. May we rise with courage to be listening and protective family members who will stand up and report for the least of these no matter what age.

God we stand in solidarity with our LGBTQ youth who are experiencing bullying and having tender times. May we accept all people as they are and as you O God have made them to be.

God of love and protection we pray for peace in this broken world of yours.

God who gave our family members the gifts to be in the healing arts we pray and give thanks for their healing ministries.

God we pray this night for those who live in places where severe weather is taking its toll, that our family members  may be kept safe from harm.

God we pray for all ministers who are preparing sermons and liturgies for Sunday. May they be empowered by the Holy Spirit to Preach the Good News Boldly without fear.

God we pray for an end to violence in our cities especially Ferguson. We pray that everyone may be given the right to peaceably assemble and the courage to practice peaceful non-violent protesting.

God we pray for all children who are ill may they receive the gift of healing.

God we pray for all  of our family members who are living with chronic illnesses that they may be healed and comforted.

God we pray for all of our family members who are victims of domestic violence that they may get out of abusive relationships and find necessary shelters away from harm.

God we pray for all  of our family members who are suffering from mental and memory illnesses that they may receive help and we pray especially for their loved ones who  care for them.

God we pray for those who cannot speak for themselves. May we raise our voices for the voiceless.

God we pray for all the leaders of all nations that they continue to do justice, love, mercy, and walk humbly with You , O God.

God we pray for seasonable weather and  that the gift of rain may shower upon all drought parched places on earth.

God we pray for all those who have been affected by Ebola, Entero virus, and all other diseases.We pray for all medical teams, family members, and caregivers and researchers for cures.

God we lift up these our prayers in the name of your only son Jesus. Amen.

++++++

Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you! Remember that each one of you is a precious gift from God and that cannot be taken away from you. YOU ARE LOVED. If you are experiencing bullying, sexual exploitation,sexual harassment,or any kind of abuse please get help. Find a person who will listen. I'm here to listen if you need  me to. Please remember the drill PM me on Facebook or DM me on Twitter. I will listen and suggest ways in which to help. I  give God thanks for you each day.

Love,prayers, blessings, and peace be always yours!

Sara



Resources:
In Lak' Ech -Luis Valdez
Bible Gateway for scripture snippets.
Metis Aboriginal Ministries- Smudging Prayer
Satucket - Lectionary
Quote Sites for prayers
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Episcopal Peace Fellowship- Litany for Transgendered Persons.



Here is an optional time of prayer and meditation.

Now let us spend some time finding our holy happy place.

Let us be still and listen to your hearts beating and as you breathe realize and give thanks to God  that God put that spirit and breath  of life  into your body, mind, and spirit. 

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Close your eyes and go inwardly to your heart home. 


We light our candles for our Friday Prayer Vigil.





God we light our candles and pray for rest, relaxation, and the renewing of our bodies, minds, and spirits. We pray for all those who work and cannot  rest that they may be afforded rest time while they are at home. We pray for peace in our hearts, lives, world, nation, and the world. Let peace begin with us. Let us pray for the courage to be mindful of others as we remember and pray for the least of these. We pray for all those things that cause us to be unsettled that we may learn to breathe and take things one at a time and day by day. We pray for all of our family members who are in need of the basic necessities of life and that they may have food, clothing, shelter, and employment. We pray that as we begin this weekend that we may remember and pray for the many faith communities that are preparing for worship and prayer. We pray that we we may be united with them in bonds of love, peace, and greater understanding and acceptance. We pray and light these our candles in loving memory of all who have died and all the family members who mourn their loss. Let us light our candles in loving solidarity together to be truly family and shine our lights to those whose hearts are angered, broken, and in need of holy healing and light. We pray these our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen. 

"The light of Christ in Me Recognizes the Light of Christ in You!" 


Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.



Tonight let's take time for reflection with the timer or musical selection. In the quiet let us reflect upon this past week and look forward to our retreat time to come. Here is tonight's selection: We Are Called - David Haas 

Dear Jesus, we lift all of our prayers at your feet and loving arms this night. 

We pray for an end to every armed conflict in the world and that peace may prevail.
Come Lord Jesus and heal God's broken world.

We pray for all who mourn the loss of any loved ones and bring comfort to those who grieve.
Jesus, Help us to know that it is ok to grieve and weep as you wept at the tomb of your friend Lazarus.

Help us to be more loving, compassionate, accepting of all our family members,giving, less critical, more humane, more kind, more merciful, and to let our egos go and let you in.

We pray for those receiving treatments for cancer and other illnesses.
Come Lord Jesus, Heal us and make us whole.

We pray for your friends Martha and Mary of Bethany, help us to strive for balance and choose what you'd like us to do.
Jesus, help us to listen and choose.

We pray for our most vulnerable family members remembering the homeless, hungry, lost, brokenhearted, elderly, children, refugees, victims and survivors of domestic violence and child abuse, the lonely, and anyone who is brought to our hearts.

Jesus, help us to respond to and care for the Least of these.

We pray for all awaiting surgery and diagnoses of any kind.
Jesus, help to to learn to wait, watch , and pray.

We give thanks for Walk With Me On Our Journey may we continue to pray, walk, and respond to what you are having us do.
Jesus, may we continue to pray and walk the King's Highway.

We pray for all who travel and are on pilgrimage anywhere. We remember especially those who are on pilgrimage in the holy places of the Holy Land.
Jesus, be with them and protect them on every side.


Jesus, may we who are discerning vocations and any ministry have listening hearts and the courage to say yes to your call to serve God in the 
Church and the world.

Jesus we add our prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and celebrations here before you______________

No comments:

Post a Comment