Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A time to rest gentle in God's arms and pray!







Good Evening Dear Ones!

Happy Take Care Tuesday! I hope everyone is getting the rest you need. Tonight we are going to try to keep it short so that we may rest gentle in God's arms and refresh , relax, and renew our spirits.  Let us begin by listening to a piece of mindfulness music and then be at prayer. 


Music Of Cathedrals and Forgotten Temples | 1-Hour Atmospheric Choir Mix

Let us light our candles, make vigil, and be at prayer. We continue to lift up the people of Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands  Florida, Texas, Marseille, Charlottesville, Edmonton, Mexico, and all other places where there has been disasters of any kind. 


Image result for Memorial Candlelight Vigil

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days

God we come to this night with our hearts and hands open as we light our candles and pray as we in the words of Psalm 141
 "Let my prayer be counted as incense before you,
   and the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice. 
God may we come to you with a vision clear that this isn't a time of gimme, gimme, gimme or instant expectations but, with hearts full of prayers and thanksgivings not just for ourselves but on behalf of others and this world where there is great need. We pray that with our hands ready to serve you and the least of these we may find this a time of bridge building and peacemaking  We pray that with our open hands we may seek to use them as offerings of help, love, giving, and solace and our word for soothing of our souls, soulace*. We come to you as we lift up our hands in grateful thanksgiving and praise and that they may rise to the heavens in holy and enthusiastic joy and hope. We pray that we may extend our hands in peace to our enemies and those who hate us and offer to them a sign that we are here to build and not destroy. We lift these our prayers and place them in your loving and healing hands O God. We also present the Light of Christ to each other remembering these words as we close our time of prayer "The Light of Christ in Me recognizes the Light of Christ in You!"  We pray these prayers with hands and lights uplifted in Jesus most Holy Name. Amen.

*My word for the  calming of our souls!


71 In te, Domine, speravi

1 In you, O Lord, have I taken refuge; *
let me never be ashamed.

2 In your righteousness, deliver me and set me free; *
incline your ear to me and save me.

3 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe; *
you are my crag and my stronghold.

4 Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, *
from the clutches of the evildoer and the oppressor.

5 For you are my hope, O Lord God, *
my confidence since I was young.

6 I have been sustained by you ever since I was born;
from my mother's womb you have been my strength; *
my praise shall be always of you.

7 I have become a portent to many; *
but you are my refuge and my strength.

8 Let my mouth be full of your praise *
and your glory all the day long.

9 Do not cast me off in my old age; *
forsake me not when my strength fails.

10 For my enemies are talking against me, *
and those who lie in wait for my life take counsel together.

11 They say, "God has forsaken him;
go after him and seize him; *
because there is none who will save."

12 O God, be not far from me; *
come quickly to help me, O my God.

13 Let those who set themselves against me be put to shame and be disgraced; *
let those who seek to do me evil be covered with scorn and reproach.

14 But I shall always wait in patience, *
and shall praise you more and more.

15 My mouth shall recount your mighty acts
and saving deeds all day long; *
though I cannot know the number of them.

16 I will begin with the mighty works of the Lord God; *
I will recall your righteousness, yours alone.

17 O God, you have taught me since I was young, *
and to this day I tell of your wonderful works.


18 And now that I am old and gray-headed, O God, do not forsake me, *
till I make known your strength to this generation
and your power to all who are to come.

19 Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens; *
you have done great things;
who is like you, O God?

20 You have showed me great troubles and adversities, *
but you will restore my life
and bring me up again from the deep places of the earth.

21 You strengthen me more and more; *
you enfold and comfort me,

22 Therefore I will praise you upon the lyre for your
faithfulness, O my God; *
I will sing to you with the harp, O Holy One of Israel.

23 My lips will sing with joy when I play to you, *
and so will my soul, which you have redeemed.

24 My tongue will proclaim your righteousness all day long, *
for they are ashamed and disgraced who sought to do me harm.


Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.


Isaiah 60:1-5

60Arise, shine; for your light has come,
   and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. 
2 For darkness shall cover the earth,
   and thick darkness the peoples;
but the Lord will arise upon you,
   and his glory will appear over you. 
3 Nations shall come to your light,
   and kings to the brightness of your dawn. 


4 Lift up your eyes and look around;
   they all gather together, they come to you;
your sons shall come from far away,
   and your daughters shall be carried on their nurses’ arms. 
5 Then you shall see and be radiant;
   your heart shall thrill and rejoice,*
because the abundance of the sea shall be brought to you,
   the wealth of the nations shall come to you.

“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”


― Teresa of Ávila


1 John 2:12-14


12 I am writing to you, little children,
   because your sins are forgiven on account of his name. 
13 I am writing to you, fathers,
   because you know him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young people,
   because you have conquered the evil one. 
14 I write to you, children,
   because you know the Father.
I write to you, fathers,
   because you know him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young people,
   because you are strong
   and the word of God abides in you,
     and you have overcome the evil one.

A Song of the Wilderness
Isaiah 35:1-7,10
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, *
the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
It shall blossom abundantly, *
and rejoice with joy and singing.
They shall see the glory of the Lord, *
the majesty of our God.
Strengthen the weary hands, *
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to the anxious, “Be strong, do not fear! *
Here is your God, coming with judgment to save you.”
Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, *
and the ears of the deaf be unstopped.
Then shall the lame leap like a deer, *
and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness *
and streams in the desert;
The burning sand shall become a pool *
and the thirsty ground, springs of water.
The ransomed of God shall return with singing, *
with everlasting joy upon their heads.
Joy and gladness shall be theirs, *
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away



Luke 7:11-17




11 Soon afterwards* he went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went with him. 12As he approached the gate of the town, a man who had died was being carried out. He was his mother’s only son, and she was a widow; and with her was a large crowd from the town.13When the Lord saw her, he had compassion for her and said to her, ‘Do not weep.’ 14Then he came forward and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still. And he said, ‘Young man, I say to you, rise!’ 15The dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus* gave him to his mother. 16Fear seized all of them; and they glorified God, saying, ‘A great prophet has risen among us!’ and ‘God has looked favourably on his people!’ 17This word about him spread throughout Judea and all the surrounding country.

A Song of the Spirit
Revelation 22:12-17

“Behold, I am coming soon,” says the Lord,
“and bringing my reward with me, *
to give to everyone according to their deeds.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, *
the beginning and the end.”
Blessed are those who do God’s commandments,
that they may have the right to the tree of life, *
and may enter the city through the gates.
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to you, *
with this testimony for all the churches.
“I am the root and the offspring of David, *
I am the bright morning star.”
“Come!” say the Spirit and the Bride; *
“Come!” let each hearer reply!
Come forward, you who are thirsty, *
let those who desire take the water of life as a gift.


Let us be at prayer: 

O God, the shepherd of all, we give you thanks for the lifelong commitment of your servant John Raleigh Mott to the Christian nurture of students in many parts of the world; and we pray that, after his example, we may strive for the weaving together of all peoples in friendship, fellowship and cooperation, and while life lasts be evangelists for Jesus Christ, in whom alone is our peace; and who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, now and for ever. Amen. 


We pray this night for all family members who have been made by God and are brothers and sisters of God and Abraham. We pray and seek to be loving and united as one.

We pray this night and in the daylight hours for peace in our hearts, lives country and the world.


May we live justly, be merciful, and walk with God with gentle and loving steps in humility and grace.

We pray for our family members who are ill that they may be healed comforted, and relieved of pain and suffering.

We pray for the banishment of hate, fear, indifference and cruelty.

We pray for all who are traveling and we remember especially those who are alone and afraid waiting in all transit areas.

We pray for all who mourn that they may be relieved and comforted.

We pray for all who are pre-grieving that they may find solace in you and their family members.

We pray for all who are dying and have made that sacred journey into the Thin Places where they may find joy, light and wholeness.

We offer our prayers for ourselves and on behalf  of others.


We give thanks and praise for all that you have done for us God. We offer our thanks to you this night with love , joy, and with grateful hearts.

We lay our bodies minds, and spirits and take our rest that we may greet the day with joy, love. and a willingness to serve you in your kingdom. We lift up our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.


Or these!

We pray for all the least of these and that we may lovingly respond to their needs. 

God we pray for the least of these and that we may lovingly respond to their needs. 
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for the poor who are struggling to survive and are in search of better lives.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for widows and orphans that as they mourn they may grieve without fear and accept new normals with courage.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for the homeless, hungry, and ill clad that they may be protected from harm and find safe shelter tonight.
God hear our prayer

God we pray for those who are living below the poverty line and lack basic services for living.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for our family members who are ill in body, mind, and spirit.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for our family members who have chronic illnesses that they may learn to manage their illnesses with courage and grace.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for our family members who are suffering with memory disorders and those who care for them.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for an end to the violence in our land and in our cities.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray for and end to terror and extremism that peace may prevail upon earth and that love, forgiveness, and mercy may reign.
God hear our prayer,

God we pray that justice may roll down and speak truth to power and that we may be voices for the voiceless.
God hear our prayer.

God we pray and give thanks for________________________
God hear our prayer.

God we pray that we may be able to live authentically and live our truths without fear.
God hear our prayer.

God we lift up these our prayers and thanksgivings to your only son Jesus. Amen. 

Or these

Tonight let us pray for the least of these and our family members who are feeling lost and alone.

Jesus, we come to you this night asking you to lift up the lonely, lost, and those who feel unloved and outcast. Help us to draw them into  your circle of love and fellowship where they will find peace and a loving family waiting for them.

Jesus, we pray for peace in the holy places where you walked, preached, healed, were there for those who  were outcast, blind, and not welcome in any town. We pray for peace in all of the Holy Land  and a return to holiness and we pray for the leaders of  Israel, Palestine, Syria, and Iraq that they may remember that they are all family members under Abraham and the awesome responsibility that comes with that.

Jesus, help us to be there for our family members even when it seems difficult to do so.

Jesus, heal all  of our family members who are ill and we name them now before you with love________________

Jesus, help us to grow in the Fruits of the Spirit and reap abundantly the harvest that you have planted.

Jesus, help us to sow seeds of faith, hope, and love and that we may may show these throughout our lives and  in our daily living.

Jesus, help us to be good stewards of God's Cathedral of Life.

Jesus, we pray for all refugees, strangers, immigrants of any kind and especially the unaccompanied children who have been set on a dangerous road to freedom.

Jesus, help us to be lights to this broken world and to each other.

Jesus, be with those who mourn  and we pray that we may follow your example of compassion, love, and yes even weep as you wept at the tomb of Lazarus.

Jesus, may we rest gentle in your arms this night and always .

We lift up these our prayers to in Jesus' Name. Amen.


The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *

to Abraham and his children for ever

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.

Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.


Luis Valdez

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.

(source: from Saint Clare)


Good Night All! Rest gentle in God's arms and be at peace! I love you!


Peace, love, and prayers !

Sara

Resources:
Enriching Our Worship
Satucket Lectionary for Lessons and our Saint of the Day: John Mott
YouTube
Walk With Me On Our Journey
In Lak' Ech -Luis Valdez

No comments:

Post a Comment