Thursday, March 1, 2018

A day to connect with God, The God News, and The Family of Love !


Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday! Today I decided that I would call people I hadn't heard from in a long time and reconnect. This was a banner day in using God's Love Energy to comfort and be present with our great big Family of Love. I believe that God put this in and on my heart today. Lent is a time to do this and I invite you all to try to reach out to our family members who need to hear from us the most. We really need to put on our listening hearts everyday and know that we aren't alone, God is with us. Our lessons take us on a journey through the 70 who were sent on a journey with specific tasks, we get to hear the wonderful lesson from the Gospel of John who speaks about Jesus being "The Bread of Life".  Let us meditate upon these words and reflect what they are saying to us. Intstead of canticles this evening we will have quotes by John Wesley that speak to our lessons today.

Now let us be at prayer beginning with the Peace be Stills.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.


I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father.” John 10:14

As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love." John 15:9

“The Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing.” John 5:20


Jesus said to them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, the Son 
does likewise.’” John 5:19 

“I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me.” 
John 5:30

 Jesus,
just as you lived in intimate union
and daily communion with your “Father,"
so draw me to yourself in love that I may live
in this same intimacy and communion with you;
so that all that I do and all that I say may flow from your divine life abiding in me.
Amen.


Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.

You are my other me.

Si te hago daño a ti,

If I do harm to you,

Me hago daño a mi mismo.

I do harm to myself.

Si te amo y respeto,

If I love and respect you,

Me amo y respeto yo.

I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez

Dear Ones Let us begin our nightly Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigils and Light our Candles and be at prayer:God, help us to begin our Lenten journey by laying down all the negative, hurtful, hate filled, and divisive thoughts, speech and actions that draw us away from You, each other, and ourselves. We pray that we may fill our hearts and heart homes with positive, healing, loving, and thoughts and actions that will unite us as one family in peace. We pray that we may seek to take on the CALM principle and be (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) to all of our family members.

Or this vigil prayer

Dear Ones as we light our candles and be at prayer for our nightly Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigil let us be mindful of those who are hungry in body, mind, and spirit. Let us be mindful of those who are lacking safe food clothing, and shelter. Let us be mindful and prayerful and ask God to show us how to serve and care for the least of these.  Let us never take our lives for granted and remember that we may indeed may become the least of these. 



“I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me.” 
John 5:30

Luke 10:1-20

After this the Lord appointed seventy others and sent them on ahead of him in pairs to every town and place where he himself intended to go. He said to them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest. Go on your way. See, I am sending you out like lambs into the midst of wolves. Carry no purse, no bag, no sandals; and greet no one on the road. Whatever house you enter, first say, “Peace to this house!” And if anyone is there who shares in peace, your peace will rest on that person; but if not, it will return to you. Remain in the same house, eating and drinking whatever they provide, for the labourer deserves to be paid. Do not move about from house to house. Whenever you enter a town and its people welcome you, eat what is set before you; cure the sick who are there, and say to them, “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” But whenever you enter a town and they do not welcome you, go out into its streets and say, “Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet, we wipe off in protest against you. Yet know this: the kingdom of God has come near.” I tell you, on that day it will be more tolerable for Sodom than for that town.
 ‘Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the deeds of power done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But at the judgement it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum,
will you be exalted to heaven?
   No, you will be brought down to Hades.
 ‘Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.’
 The seventy returned with joy, saying, ‘Lord, in your name even the demons submit to us!’ He said to them, ‘I watched Satan fall from heaven like a flash of lightning. See, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing will hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.’

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can. - John Wesley


John 6:35-40 New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised (NRSVA)

35 Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; 38 for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.’

Do no harm. Do good. Stay in love with God.

The best of it is, God is with us.

O God as we continue our Lenten pilgrimage may we always remember it is your holy road walk and that there will be challenges set before us. May we feel your presence and know that you are with us and all we have to do is keep ourselves in your loving and redeeming arms. Help us this Lent and always to let go of all the worry, anxiety, and accumulation of things and thoughts and fill ourselves with YOU and YOU alone. Amen.
For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.

For those we love
Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come,knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Holy Wisdom, in your loving kindness you created and restored us when we were lost: inspire us with your truth, that we may love you with our whole minds and run to you with open hearts, through Christ our Savior. Amen. (source: Alcuin of York, Mass of Wisdom)

“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”


― Teresa of Ávila


Jesus, you are the way through the wilderness: show us your truth in which we journey, and by the grace of the Holy Spirit be in us the life that draws us to God. Amen. (source: F.B. McNutt, The Prayer Manual [London: Mowbray, 1961], p. 29, adapted)
We pray for our family members who are hungry for nourishing and life giving food. May their bodies be filled. We pray for all soup kitchens feeding programs food banks, and pantries.
 We pray for our family members who are in need of clothing. May we take time to give our old and usable clothing away for those that need it.
 We pray for our family members who are in need of shelter this evening and if they need to be out in the cold that they may be safely protected. 
 We pray for our family members who are in need of affection we pray that our prayers may encircle them with a virtual prayer quilt of love and compassion. May they feel our prayers as a holy hug and embrace.
 We pray for our family members who are seeking  relationships and that they may come to know that the most important relationships are with God and themselves.
 We pray for our family members who are  hungering for knowledge that education may be made affordable and that everyone will have places in which to learn and grow.
We pray for our family members who are hungering and thirsting after righteousness.
 We pray for our family members who are hungering for justice,equality human rights, dignity, and respect.
 We pray for our family members who are hungering for CALM (Compassion Acceptance Love and Mercy)
We pray for our family members who are hungering for peace and Peace of Mind.
We pray for our family members who have come to us with their prayer requests remembering especially__________________.
God our healer, whose mercy is like a refining fire: by the loving- kindness of Jesus, heal us and those for whom we pray; that being renewed by you, we may witness your wholeness to our broken world; through Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Amen. 
Prayers for Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday  
Blessed Lord we pray for all of our family members who have been in our thoughts and hearts throughout the day. Bring them to mind so that we may pray for them.
Blessed Lord make each day we live one of thoughtfulness and thanksgivingLet us never forget that You made us and never to take that for granted.
Blessed Lord unburden our minds so that we may enjoy the joy and light you bring into our lives.Help us to let go and let you be our guardian and guide.
Blessed Lord may we all ways be mindful of the homeless, the hungry, the lonely, the lost, the unemployed and all those who may be forgotten but known only to you.
Help us to remember they are our family members too and may we come to their aid.

Blessed Lord we pray for all those discerning vocations and calls to the ordained ministry and new life paths.

Blessed Lord we pray for all those who minister in all your congregations and religious communities in what ever faith is practiced.

Blessed Lord be with those who travel in bad weather. We pray for an end to all the bad weather back East and for rain to heal the drought parched lands of the West.

Blessed Lord take all our fears and turn them into faithfulness rooted in you and your love for us.
Help us to have faith when we are unsure and unsteady on our feet.

Blessed Lord help us to heal your broken world with our words, deeds, and by loving all of your creation with a spirit of grace, stewardship,  and equity.

Blessed Lord help us to speak truth to power daily and lead others to see you in our family members where there is hate and indifference. Help us to ring the bells, and speak truth to power all in the Key of Jesus.

Watch over all the places in the world  that are in trouble and war torn. Help us always to pray for peace and be peacemakers. Grant wisdom to our leaders that they may help aid those nations who are in trouble peaceful and non-warlike solutions for the good of all your people.

Blessed Lord be with all your children who feel alienated, discriminated against, hated, and bullied.  Help us to say no to these actions and bring them into your circle of abiding love and light.

Blessed Lord we pray for those who have asked us to carry prayers for in our hearts while we walk with you, remembering especially ________________________

Blessed Lord. we give thanks for all our blessings  especially___________________________

Blessed Lord  we celebrate _______________________As we celebrate everyday our life with you O God.

Blessed Lord we remember our family members who now reside with you in those amazing Thin Places where there is no pain but eternal joy and light and we remember them now_______________

Blessed Lord wrap your arms around those who grieve losses of any kind. Help us to be responsive to  our family members needs.

Gracious God we lay these our prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances in your arms and know that you are taking them and answering them according to your will and in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Let us listen  to John Rutter : I will sing with the Spirit and take time once again to bring to mind all those things that we have to be thankful for and these prayers have brought to our minds and our hearts.

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.

Song of SimeonNunc Dimittis

Praise be to God, I have lived to see this day.
God’s promise is fulfilled, and my duty done.
At last you have given me peace,
for I have seen with my own eyes
the salvation you have prepared for all nations -
a light to the world in its darkness,
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory be God, sustaining, redeeming, sanctifying,
as in the beginning, so now, and for ever.
Amen.

Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.

We close our time of prayer with the prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.


+++++

Good Night Dear Family I love you and give thanks to God for you always. 

Sending you love, prayers, blessings, and a virtual warm prayer quilt around your tender shoulders,

Sara



Resources 
Enriching Our Worsip
The Good Book Club
#LiveLent
Meeting Jesus In The Gospel of John
Walk With Me On Our Journey
In Lak' Ech - Luis Valdez
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Satucket Lectionary 
Bible Gateway
Online Book of Common Prayer






No comments:

Post a Comment