Sunday, November 3, 2019

A time to pray! A perfect way to begin the first week in November!





Good Evening Dear Ones!

Happy Sunday! Today I have spent a glorious amount of time in worship. Our lessons centered around All Saints and All Souls. Tonight we are going to recalculate our route and focus on today's featured lessons from the Eucharistic Lectionary. These lessons have quite a bit to teach us. Let us ponder today's collect first and then move on to the pondering of the word oracle. Dear ones it is dictionary time. 

Almighty and merciful God, it is only by your gift that your faithful people offer you true and laudable service: Grant that we may run without stumbling to obtain your heavenly promises; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Let us ponder these quotes on oracles;

"Each man is a hero and an oracle to somebody." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When women reassert their relationship with the wildish nature, they are gifted with a permanent and internal watcher, a knower, a visionary, an oracle, an inspiratrice, an intuitive, a maker, a creator, an inventor, and a listener who guide, suggest, and urge vibrant life in the inner and outer world." ~ Clarissa Pinkola Estes

"Your own reason is the only oracle given to you by God." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"We have built no temple but the Capitol. We consult no common oracle but the Constitution." ~ Rufus Choate


"You have no questions to ask of any body, no new way that you need inquire after; no oracle that you need to consult; for whilst you shut yourself up in patience, meekness, humility, and resignation to God, you are in the very arms of Christ, your heart is His dwelling-place, and He lives and works in you." ~ William Law


"Man's conscience is the oracle of God." ~ Lord Byron

"God always was, and always is, and always will be. Or rather, God always Is. For Was and Will be are fragments of our time, and of changeable nature, but He is Eternal Being. And this is the Name that He gives to Himself when giving the Oracle to Moses in the Mount. For in Himself He sums up and contains all Being, having neither beginning in the past nor end in the future; like some great Sea of Being, limitless and unbounded, transcending all conception of time and nature, only adumbrated [intimated] by the mind, and that very dimly and scantily." ~ Gregory of Nazianzus


"I certainly don't think we [The Elders organization] are oracles but I would hope that over our lifetimes we have accumulated some useful experience and perhaps even a modicum of wisdom! We don't have all the answers." ~ Desmond Tutu

"Mary lived in the divine Eucharist, the center of her love. All her thoughts, words, and actions sprang from It like the rays from the sun. The Eucharist was the oracle which she consulted, the grace which she followed. But Jesus Christ in His Sacrament lives the same life of love which consumed Him in His mortal days. In His sacramental state He continues to adore His Father by His depthless self-abasement. He is still the Mediator and Interceder with divine goodness for the salvation of men" ~ Peter Julian Eymard


"We are not to make the Torah into God Himself, nor the Bible into a "paper pope." The Bible is only the result of the Word of God. We can experience the return of the Word of God in the here and now, the perpetual return of the actual, living, indisputable Word of God that makes possible the act of witnessing, but we should never think of the Bible as any sort of talisman or oracle constantly at our disposal that we need only open and read to be in relation to the Word of God and God Himself." ~ Jacques Ellul

+++++


Psalm 134 Ecce nunc 
Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, * you that stand by night in the house of the LORD. Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; * the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

 Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi
 O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; * hear my voice when I cry to you. Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, * the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD, and guard the door of my lips; * let not my heart incline to any evil thing. My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; * in you I take refuge.

You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but citizens together
with the saints and members of the household of God.
Ephesians 2:19

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.2 Timothy 1:7

The greatest among you will be your servant. All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted. Matthew 23:11–12

Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. You shall love your neighbour as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29–31

Today salvation has come to this house, for the Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost. Luke 19:10

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9



The covenant of community, profound as it is,can never guarantee that a certain person will always stay physically close to another.It guarantees only that there will always be someone there,inspired by the same Spirit.Jean Vanier


As we pray, make vigil, and meditate tonight let us spend time in silence and reflection for a space.
Now let us take time to hold each other in our hearts and minds. Visually in our minds let us encircle  and wrap one another in a prayer quilt of CALM (Compassion, Acceptance, Love and Mercy)

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.Psalm 46:1

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.Philippians 4:6

Christ has been raised from the dead, 
the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.

You are in the midst of us, O Lord;
and we are called by your name.

As for me, I can only fall on my knees and pray that the Lord Christ, who had died for me, might have His own way with me – that it might be worth His while to have done what He did and what He is doing now for me. To my Elder Brother, my Lord and my God, I give myself yet again, confidently, because He cares to have me and because my very breath is His. I will be what He wants, who knows all about it and has done everything that I might be His own – a living glory of gladness.

George MacDonald


"Love that goes upward is worship;
 Love that goes outward is affection;
 Love that stoops is grace." ~ Donald Barnhouse

Many a ship has sailed from port to port
with no interference from Me,
because Strong Will has been at the wheel.
Multitudes of pleasure cruises
go merrily on their ways,
untouched by the power of My hand.
But you have put your life into My keeping,
and because you are
depending on Me for guidance and direction,
I shall give it.

Move on steadily,
and know that the waters that carry you
are the waters of My love and My kindness,
and I will keep you on the right course.

Frances J. Roberts


Traditional Navajo Prayer

Now I walk in beauty, beauty is before me, beauty is behind me, above and below me.
A Smudging Prayer 
Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.
Image result for smudging ceremony

The Warm Winds

May the warm winds of heaven blow gently on your house, and may the great spirit bless all who enter. May your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.
++++
"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." - Henri Nouwen
O Gracious Light Phos hilaron 
O gracious light,
pure brightness of the everliving Father in heaven,
O Jesus Christ, holy and blessed!

Now as we come to the setting of the sun,
and our eyes behold the vesper light,
we sing your praises, O God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You are worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices,
O Son of God, O Giver of Life,
and to be glorified through all the worlds. 

or this

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.



God of all love we come together tonight to accept your call to light our candles and pray. We pray this night to be loving towards one another. We pray this night for guidance in how we can best serve you in the world. We pray that we may be more giving of ourselves to others. We pray that we may be able to be hopeful and hope-filled to this fragile and broken world. We pray that we may shine your light and help people out of the dark places they find themselves in. We pray that we may be supportive in what ever decisions people make,  We pray for the least of these who struggle with the day to day issues of living. We pray that everyone will be lovingly included and not excluded and invisible. We pray that we may be peacemakers and children of God. We pray that we may "Strive for justice, and respect the dignity of every human being"* We pray that we may build bridges and tear down walls. We pray for the courage to speak truth to power. We pray for an end to hatred, violence and terror. We pray that we may use our voices not to hurt but to heal. We pray this night that we all may be one and that we may continue to pray for ___________ and all places where terror and violence have occurred even when the media fails to report it. May we all be one with those who mourn and stand vigil for the peace of the world and in the places where there is danger. God we lift up these prayers to you with hurting hearts, open hands up lifted, with loving care and voices. Amen.







Lighting a candle during family celebrations
We give you thanks O God,
For this happy moment
And we ask that as we are one,
In this circle of light
We may always be one with you
In the circle of your loving presence.
Amen.

IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.

You are my other me.

Si te hago daño a ti,

If I do harm to you,

Me hago daño a mi mismo.

I do harm to myself.

Si te amo y respeto,

If I love and respect you,

Me amo y respeto yo.

I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez


"We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better." ~ Thurgood Marshall


Hear the Word of God to all who truly turn to him.

Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and
I will refresh you.    Matthew 11:28


God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son,
to the end that all that believe in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life.    John 3:16


This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
1 Timothy 1:15


If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus
Christ the righteous; and he is the perfect offering for our
sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole
world.    1 John 2:1-2



The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!"
I hold holy space for you in love and peace this day and always!

Prayer of Saint John Chrysostom
Before Reading or Listening to the Word of God
O Lord Jesus Christ, open Thou the eyes of my heart, that I may hear Thy word and understand and do Thy will, for I am a sojourner upon the earth. Hide not Thy commandments from me, but open mine eyes, that I may perceive the wonders of Thy law. Speak unto me the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom. On Thee do I set my hope, O my God, that Thou shalt enlighten my mind and understanding with the light of Thy knowledge, not only to cherish those things which are written, but to do them; that in reading the lives and sayings of the saints I may not sin, but that such may serve for my restoration, enlightenment and sanctification, for the salvation of my soul, and the inheritance of life everlasting. For Thou art the enlightenment of those who lie in darkness, and from Thee comes every good deed and every gift. Amen.



Psalm 119:137-144


Sadhe Justus es, Domine

137 You are righteous, O Lord, *
and upright are your judgments.

138 You have issued your decrees *
with justice and in perfect faithfulness.

139 My indignation has consumed me, *
because my enemies forget your words.

140 Your word has been tested to the uttermost, *
and your servant holds it dear.

141 I am small and of little account, *
yet I do not forget your commandments.

142 Your justice is an everlasting justice *
and your law is the truth.

143 Trouble and distress have come upon me, *
yet your commandments are my delight.

144 The righteousness of your decrees is everlasting; *
grant me understanding, that I may live.







Habakkuk 1:1-4,2:1-4

1The oracle that the prophet Habakkuk saw. 

2 O Lord, how long shall I cry for help,
   and you will not listen?
Or cry to you ‘Violence!’
   and you will not save? 
3 Why do you make me see wrongdoing
   and look at trouble?
Destruction and violence are before me;
   strife and contention arise. 
4 So the law becomes slack
   and justice never prevails.
The wicked surround the righteous—
   therefore judgement comes forth perverted. 
2I will stand at my watch-post,
   and station myself on the rampart;
I will keep watch to see what he will say to me,
   and what he* will answer concerning my complaint. 
2 Then the Lord answered me and said:
Write the vision;
   make it plain on tablets,
   so that a runner may read it. 
3 For there is still a vision for the appointed time;
   it speaks of the end, and does not lie.
If it seems to tarry, wait for it;
   it will surely come, it will not delay. 
4 Look at the proud!
   Their spirit is not right in them,
   but the righteous live by their faith.*

A Song of Faith
1 Peter 1:3-4,18-21
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
by divine mercy we have a new birth into a living hope;
Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, *
we have an inheritance that is imperishable in heaven.
The ransom that was paid to free us *
was not paid in silver or gold,
But in the precious blood of Christ, *
the Lamb without spot or stain.
God raised Jesus from the dead and gave him glory *
so that we might have faith and hope in God.


2 Thessalonians 1:1-4,11-12

1Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy,

To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Grace to you and peace from God our* Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


3 We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters,* as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. 4Therefore we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith during all your persecutions and the afflictions that you are enduring. 11To this end we always pray for you, asking that our God will make you worthy of his call and will fulfil by his power every good resolve and work of faith, 12so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.


Luke 19:1-10

19He entered Jericho and was passing through it. 2A man was there named Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax-collector and was rich. 3He was trying to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was short in stature. 4So he ran ahead and climbed a sycomore tree to see him, because he was going to pass that way. 5When Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, ‘Zacchaeus, hurry and come down; for I must stay at your house today.’ 6So he hurried down and was happy to welcome him. 7All who saw it began to grumble and said, ‘He has gone to be the guest of one who is a sinner.’ 8Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord, ‘Look, half of my possessions, Lord, I will give to the poor; and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will pay back four times as much.’ 9Then Jesus said to him, ‘Today salvation has come to this house, because he too is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost.’



We Praise You, O God Te Deum laudamus

We praise you, O God,
we acclaim you as Lord;
all creation worships you,
the Father everlasting.
To you all angels, all the powers of heaven,
the cherubim and seraphim, sing in endless praise:
Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might,
heaven and earth are full of your glory.
The glorious company of apostles praise you.
The noble fellowship of prophets praise you.
The white-robed army of martyrs praise you.
Throughout the world the holy Church acclaims you:
Father, of majesty unbounded,
your true and only Son, worthy of all worship,
and the Holy Spirit, advocate and guide.
You, Christ, are the king of glory,
the eternal Son of the Father.
When you took our flesh to set us free
you humbly chose the Virgin’s womb.
You overcame the sting of death
and opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
You are seated at God’s right hand in glory.
We believe that you will come to be our judge.
Come then, Lord, and help your people,
bought with the price of your own blood,
and bring us with your saints
to glory everlasting.




Lord of the Church,
you have called us to witness in every nation.
May we do your work and bear your cross,
await your time and see your glory.
We make this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Amen. (ANZPB)




The Lord's prayer from A New Zealand Prayer Book.
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.
or the alternative form.
Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.


Earth Teach Me to Remember 

Earth teach me stillness 

as the grasses are stilled with light. 

Earth teach me suffering 

as old stones suffer with memory. 

Earth teach me humility 

as blossoms are humble with beginning. 

Earth Teach me caring 

as the mother who secures her young. 

Earth teach me courage 

as the tree which stands alone. 

Earth teach me limitation 

as the ant which crawls on the ground. 

Earth teach me freedom 

as the eagle which soars in the sky. 

Earth teach me resignation 

as the leaves which die in the fall. 

Earth teach me regeneration 

as the seed which rises in the spring. 

Earth teach me to forget myself 

as melted snow forgets its life. 

Earth teach me to remember kindness
as dry fields weep in the rain. 


Ute, North American



Let us be at prayer:    We pray this night for all family members who have been made by God and are brothers and sisters of God and Abraham. We pray and seek to be loving and united as one.    We pray this night and in the daylight hours for peace in our hearts, lives country and the world.   May we live justly, be merciful, and walk with God with gentle and loving steps in humility and grace.    We pray for our family members who are ill that they may be healed comforted, and relieved of pain and suffering.   We pray for the banishment of hate, fear, indifference and cruelty.    We pray for all who are traveling and we remember especially those who are alone and afraid waiting in all transit areas.    We pray for all who mourn that they may be relieved and comforted.   We pray for all who are pre-grieving that they may find solace in you and their family members.   We pray for all who are dying and have made that sacred journey into the Thin Places where they may find joy, light and wholeness.   We offer our prayers for ourselves and on behalf  of others.
We give thanks and praise for all that you have done for us God.    We offer our thanks to you this night with love , joy, and with grateful hearts.   We lay our bodies minds, and spirits and take our rest that we may greet the day with joy, love. and a willingness to serve you in your kingdom.    We lift up our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.
Prayers in the stillness

*Those may be replaced with names, or by using Family Members.

Quiet our minds O God so that we can listen and hear your voice and what you are calling us to do and to be.
Help us to be still and listen to that quiet place in our heart and spirit. Help us to unwind our minds O God.

Quiet our bodies that we may turn our bodies from human doings to human beings.
Take the keys away  that drive our bodies to do and not be.

Help us to feel our spirits and the indwelling of  You and the Holy Spirit in this time of being quiet and still.
May our spirits be enlivened even in the quietness. 

Lord we pray for all who are traveling may they take time to rest and be alert.

Lord help us to lay down our burdens each day at your feet so that we may find rest and spend time with You.

Give us the peace of mind that we are always seeking. 

While we spend time with you Lord please take care of all of our loved ones and those whom we have been praying for. If we should fall asleep and rest be with them as we rest in the quietness.

In the stillness  O Lord may we drink of the Living Water of Life and be refreshed and feel it coursing through our  veins and give us the energy to do your will to your glory and in service to others.

In the stillness we remember and pray for all those who have requested our prayers for themselves and on behalf of others________________________________.

In the stillness we give thanks for the gifts of quiet, contemplation, rest, and times for our bodies, minds, and spirits to be renewed.  We give thanks for__________________________

In the stillness we celebrate those times of joy and those who have made a difference in our lives remembering_____________________

In the stillness we remember those who have entered in to life eternal especially________________
And we remember those continue to grieve.

We pray for those awaiting surgery in the weeks ahead. Calm their fears and anxieties Lord.

We pray for those who are being beset by bad weather O Lord. Ease these weather patterns Lord.

We pray for those who live in earthquake prone areas. Quiet their minds and give them  the peace and knowledge that You O God are there. 

Lord God watch over this your troubled and divided world. Set us on fire to help heal and unite it with our prayers, love, service, and actions. Give us grace, courage and love energy to do this in Your Name. Amen.


For Families

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who settest the solitary
in families: We commend to thy continual care the homes in
which thy people dwell. Put far from them, we beseech thee,
every root of bitterness, the desire of vainglory, and the pride
of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance,
patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those
who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh. Turn the
hearts of the parents to the children, and the hearts of the
children to the parents; and so enkindle fervent charity among
us all, that we may evermore be kindly affectioned one
to another; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.




Gracious and loving God help us to see that we are stronger when we are a we not a me.
Gracious and loving God, Give us courage to see that being a we isn't a a bad place to be.
Gracious and loving God, Help us to give of our time to all caregivers.

Gracious and loving God. Help us to love and care for all who have mental illness and reach out arms of love to then. We pray for all of their loved ones who care for and love them.
Gracious and loving God, turn our minds, hearts and spirits to you and listen and be still and know that you are God.
Gracious and loving God , help us to be good stewards of your Cathedral of life.
Gracious and loving God , help us to be nurturers of all of our most vulnerable family members.
Gracious and loving God heal all of our family members who are in need of healing at this very moment. You know their needs and desires. Heal them, Love them, and help us to respond with loving and compassionate hearts.
Gracious and loving God we offer our many prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and celebrations to you and especially for________________________.
Gracious and loving God we lay these our prayers in the loving arms and in the name of your only son Jesus, Amen.

or these:

God we pray this night that we may lovingly stand in solidarity with the least of these and have the courage to care for them even though others may look down upon us.

God we give thanks for the least of these who teach us many things and give us courage to live lives that we would otherwise not be able to.

God we pray this night that we may continue to pray and be in loving solidarity with the water protectors.

God we give thanks for all water protectors and those who proactively conserve the natural resources in God's Cathedral of Life.

God we pray for all of our family members who are facing violence of any kind may they be protected and that they may be steadfast models of  right behavior.

God we give thanks for the courageous ones who meet and see violence  every day and seek to speak truth to power and do not shrink back in to fear but forge ahead as social justice advocates.

God we pray for all who are ill that they may receive from you the healing that is in your plans.

God we give thanks for illnesses that teach us how to live, move, and just be.

God we pray for all who are striving to make a difference in this fragile and broken world. May we join them as servants in making peace, being a voice for the voiceless, and that we may help fight against hatred and injustice.

God we thank you for the peacemakers who are making this world a better place.

God we pray for all who have entered into the the Thin Places today and for their loved ones who have now begun to grieve their loss.

God we give thanks and remember the living, the dying, and the dead.

God we pray this night for peace in the words of this Native American Prayer.


A Native American Prayer for Peace


O Great Spirit of our Ancestors, I raise my pipe to you.
To your messengers the four winds,
and to Mother Earth who provides for your children.
Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect,
and to be kind to each other so that they may grow with peace in mind.
Let us learn to share all the good things you provide for us on this Earth.

 - U.N. Day of Prayer for World Peace 2

 For Those Who Live Alone

Almighty God, whose Son had nowhere to lay his head:
Grant that those who live alone may not be lonely in their
solitude, but that, following in his steps, they may find
fulfillment in loving you and their neighbors; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.


 For the Absent

O God, whose fatherly care reaches  to the uttermost parts
of the earth: We humbly beseech thee graciously to behold
and bless those whom we love, now absent from us. Defend
them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both
they and we, drawing nearer to thee, may be bound together
by thy love in the communion of thy Holy Spirit, and in the
fellowship of thy saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

 For those we Love

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy
never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come,
knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we
can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 For a Person in Trouble or Bereavement

O merciful Father, who hast taught us in thy holy Word that
thou dost not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men:
Look with pity upon the sorrows of thy servant for whom
our prayers are offered. Remember him, O Lord, in mercy,
nourish his soul with patience, comfort him with a sense of
thy goodness, lift up thy countenance upon him, and give
him peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Christ Has No Body
by Teresa of Avila

Christ has no body but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
Compassion on this world,
Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good,
Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands, yours are the feet,
Yours are the eyes, you are his body.
Christ has no body now but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
compassion on this world.
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.



The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32


Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised; 
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see: 
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel. 

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
    as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. 


Ubi Caritas in English and Latin


WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
Christ's love has gathered us into one.
Let us rejoice and be pleased in Him.
Let us fear, and let us love the living God.
And may we love each other with a sincere heart.

WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
As we are gathered into one body,
Beware, lest we be divided in mind.
Let evil impulses stop, let controversy cease,
And may Christ our God be in our midst.

WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
And may we with the saints also,
See Thy face in glory, O Christ our God:
The joy that is immense and good,
Unto the ages through infinite ages. Amen.

Latin

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor.
Exultemus, et in ipso iucundemur.
Timeamus, et amemus Deum vivum.
Et ex corde diligamus nos sincero.

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Simul ergo cum in unum congregamur:
Ne nos mente dividamur, caveamus.
Cessent iurgia maligna, cessent lites.
Et in medio nostri sit Christus Deu

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Simul quoque cum beatis videamus,
Glorianter vultum tuum, Christe Deus:
Gaudium quod est immensum, atque probum,
Saecula per infinita saeculorum. Amen.

This night we pray and close our time of  meditation on Love



The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.

(source: from Saint Clare)

The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 
I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditation. 
++++
Sunday Compline from The Northumbria Community

Sunday – The Ita Compline
ff
Ita, who died in about 570, was abbess of a women’s community in Killeedy, County Limerick in Ireland. She ran a school for boys where she taught:
ff
Faith in God with purity of heart; simplicity of life with religion; generosity with love.
Among those schooled by Ita was Brendan, who honoured her as his foster-mother and adviser. The Compline that follows is named after her because of its emphasis on examination of the heart, and the prayers of care and protection for each soul who crosses our path.
If this Compline is being used in a group setting the * notation indicates a change of reader; words in bold are said all together; words in bold italic are said by each person in turn; and + indicates where you might make the sign of the cross.
+ (silently)
The Sacred Three
to save
to shield
to surround
the hearth
the home
this night
and every night.
* Search me, O God, and know my heart.
Test me and know my thoughts.
* See if there is any wicked way in me
and lead me in the way everlasting.
O Father, O Son, O Holy Spirit,
forgive me my sins.
O only-begotten Son of the heavenly Father,
forgive.
O God who is one,
O God who is true,
O God who is first,
O God who is one substance,
O God only mighty,
in three Persons, truly merciful,
forgive.
* O God of life, this night,
O darken not to me Thy light.
* O God of life, this night,
close not Thy gladness to my sight.
* Keep Your people, Lord,
in the arms of Your embrace.
Shelter them under Your wings.
* Be their light in darkness.
Be their hope in distress.
Be their calm in anxiety.
* Be strength in their weakness.
* Be their comfort in pain.
* Be their song in the night.
In peace will I lie down, for it is You, O Lord,
You alone who makes me to rest secure.
* Be it on Your own beloved arm,
O God of grace, that I in peace shall awake.
Be the peace of the Spirit
mine this night.
Be the peace of the Son
mine this night.
Be the peace of the Father
mine this night.
The peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.
 +++++
From the Resistance Prays


Lord Jesus, when those in positions of leadership fail, remind us of your presence and give us the strength to move on ahead. Amen.





++++



Good Night Dear Family . I love you and give thanks to God for you always.

Peace, love, and prayers,

Sara

Resources:
In Lak 'Ech Luis Valdez
Enriching our Worship 1997
Book of Common Prayer
Metis Aboriginal Ministries.
Quote Sites for prayers 
Walk With Me On Our Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment