Friday, February 19, 2021

Reflecting on Reconciliation and Forgiveness!




Good Evening Beloved Ones!

Tonight we begin our first retreat weekend in Lent. This weekend we will meditate upon these two short hymns and use the format from A Disciple's Prayer Book for our journal work as we journal our journey:

Reflect and Respond to the Gospel of the Day

1. What word(s), idea(s), or sentence(s) stand out for

you in the Gospel of the Day?

(Reread the Gospel.)

2. What is Jesus (the Gospel) saying to you?

(Reread the Gospel.)

3. What is Jesus (the Gospel) calling you to do?


God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.



Day by day, dear Lord, of thee three things I pray:
to see thee more clearly,
love thee more dearly,
follow thee more nearly,
day by day.
Richard of Chichester

Tonight we begin with our "Be Still's" and then begin our time of worship and scripture readings. Towards the beginning of our worship time we will engage and reflect upon Reconciliation and Forgiveness with Psalm 51 and The Litany of Penitence. 

++++
Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Repeat two more times.
+ + + + + + + 

Because by the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ you have reconciled all things to yourself, not counting our sins against us and renewing our hearts to forgive as we have been forgiven.

Blessed be the God of our salvation:  Who bears our burdens and forgives our sins.

Joseph Barth: A Grace


We give thanks for Being;
We give thanks for being here;
We give thanks for being here together.

Opening Sentences

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth

is not in us; but if we confess our sins, God who is faithful

and just, will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all

unrighteousness.    I John 1:8, 9


Rend your hearts and not your garments. Return to the Lord

your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and

abounding in steadfast love, and repents of evil.

Joel 2:13


I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him,

"Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before you; I am

no longer worthy to be called your son."    Luke 15:18, 19


To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, because

we have rebelled against him and have not obeyed the voice

of the Lord our God by following his laws which he set

before us.    Daniel 9:9, 10


Jesus said, "If anyone will come after me, let him deny

himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."    Mark 8:34



Psalm 51:1–10

Miserere mei, Deus

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your loving-kindness; *
in your great compassion blot out my offenses.

2 Wash me through and through from my wickedness *
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions, *
and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against you only have I sinned *
and done what is evil in your sight.

5 And so you are justified when you speak *
and upright in your judgment.

6 Indeed, I have been wicked from my birth, *
a sinner from my mother's womb.

7 For behold, you look for truth deep within me, *
and will make me understand wisdom secretly.

8 Purge me from my sin, and I shall be pure; *
wash me, and I shall be clean indeed.

9 Make me hear of joy and gladness, *
that the body you have broken may rejoice.

10 Hide your face from my sins *
and blot out all my iniquities.

Litany of Penitence


Most holy and merciful Father:
We confess to you and to one another,
and to the whole communion of saints
in heaven and on earth,
that we have sinned by our own fault
in thought, word, and deed;
by what we have done, and by what we have left undone.

We have not loved you with our whole heart, and mind, and
strength. We have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We
have not forgiven others, as we have been forgiven.
Have mercy on us, Lord.

We have been deaf to your call to serve, as Christ served us.
We have not been true to the mind of Christ. We have grieved
your Holy Spirit.
Have mercy on us, Lord.

We confess to you, Lord, all our past unfaithfulness: the
pride, hypocrisy, and impatience of our lives,
We confess to you, Lord.

Our self-indulgent appetites and ways, and our exploitation
of other people,
We confess to you, Lord.

Our anger at our own frustration, and our envy of those
more fortunate than ourselves,
We confess to you, Lord.

Our intemperate love of worldly goods and comforts, and
our dishonesty in daily life and work,
We confess to you, Lord.

Our negligence in prayer and worship, and our failure to
commend the faith that is in us,
We confess to you, Lord.

Accept our repentance, Lord, for the wrongs we have done:
for our blindness to human need and suffering, and our
indifference to injustice and cruelty,
Accept our repentance, Lord.

For all false judgments, for uncharitable thoughts toward our
neighbors, and for our prejudice and contempt toward those
who differ from us,
Accept our repentance, Lord.

For our waste and pollution of your creation, and our lack of
concern for those who come after us,
Accept our repentance, Lord.

Restore us, good Lord, and let your anger depart from us;
Favorably hear us, for your mercy is great.

Accomplish in us the work of your salvation,
That we may show forth your glory in the world.

By the cross and passion of your Son our Lord,
Bring us with all your saints to the joy of his resurrection.

Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins
through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all
goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in
eternal life. Amen.


James Martineau: Prayer
A PRAYER OF CONSECRATION

Eternal God, who commits to us the swift and solemn trust of life: since we know not what a day may bring forth, but only that the hour for serving You is always present, may we wake to Your instant claims, not waiting for tomorrow, but yielding today. Lay to rest the resistance of our passion, indolence, or fear. Consecrate the way our feet may go, and the humblest work will shine, and the roughest faces be made plain. Lift us above unrighteous anger and mistrust into faith and hope and charity, through steady reliance on You. So may we be modest in our time of wealth, patient under disappointment, ready for danger, serene in death. In all things, draw us to Yourself that Your lost image may be traced again, and we may be at one with You.


Light of the World Phos hilaron
Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.


THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES -Anonymous

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.




For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.




May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.



Stephen Vincent Benét: A Common Faith
God of the free, our Earth is small in the great universe. Grant us the wisdom and the vision to comprehend the great ness of the human spirit that suffers and endures hugely for a goal beyond our own brief span.

We are all children of the Earth. Grant us that simple knowl edge. If others are oppressed, then we are oppressed. If they hunger, we hunger. If their freedom is taken away, our freedom is not secure. Grant us a common faith that we shall know bread and peace, freedom and security, an equal opportunity to do our best, not only in our own lands, but throughout the world. In that faith, let us march toward the clean world our hands can make

W.E.B. Du Bois: Prayer

In these first beginnings of the new life of the world, renew in us the resolution to persist in the good work we have begun. Give us strength of body and strength of mind and the unfaltering determination to carry out that which we know to be good and right. Forgive all wavering in the past service of Thy cause and make us strong to go for ward in spite of the doubts of our friends and our enemies and in spite of our own distrust in ourselves. Out of the death of winter comes ever and again the resurrection of spring: so out of evil bring good, O God, and out of doubt determination. Amen.

A Smudging Prayer From - (Smudging as a Christian Aboriginal Ceremony)

Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ.
May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit
 will help us to worship in spirit and truth.
We pray in the name of Jesus,
so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you.
Amen



In Lak 'Ech

Tú eres mi otro yo.

You are my other me.

Si te hago daño a ti,

If I do harm to you,

Me hago daño a mi mismo.

I do harm to myself.

Si te amo y respeto,

If I love and respect you,

Me amo y respeto yo.

I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez


Let us add this meditation and prayer time and remind ourselves of our inter-connectedness:

Our Family Members, and ultimately ourselves are interconnected. Everything. Interconnected living is what we all must strive for and yes, that means getting back to basics and do these things:

loving the unlovable
feeding the hungry
giving drink to the thirsty, yes that even means ourselves,
sheltering the stranger or homeless family member.
 clothing the naked
caring and loving the ill
taking the shroud off our invisible and marginalized family members.
conserving water, electricity, gas, and plastics. Recycle
providing wound care to the injured
 caring for all creatures great and small
welcoming all and our family members whom we haven't met yet.
being good stewards of the environment
recognizing that any person at any time may become a refugee
respecting everyone and I know it is very hard to love our enemies
showing love, mercy, gratitude, and  kindness at every turn
showing the light of God to the world
thinking in the key of Jesus
thinking before posting and tweeting
a smile often will go the extra mile to  be an ice breaker.
Add your own to this list and realize that we who practice interconnected living, all matter and are precious to God. 

Let us meditate upon the above list and see how this can draw us more deeply into our relationship with God, our family members, and each other. 

God when you created the universe you wove us into being and yet we seem to forget this many times over. May we return to the sense of being truly interconnected and living holy lives. 

God when you created the planet we call our Earthly Home we forgot that we are all made in your image and likeness and in love. We pray that we may return and become loving towards one another and see you in all living things and in our family member's eyes.

God we pray for an end to all the droughts remembering our mental, spiritual, physical, and those that affect the land.

God we pray that we may remember to take care of our bodies and give them proper hydration, food, and sustenance . We pray that this may be extended to all living beings and each other. 

God we pray for all of our family members who may be experiencing spiritual droughts that their hearts,minds, and spirits may be reawakened.

God we pray for peace in our minds and hearts that we may practice peace not only in our lives but in the world. We pray that we may be peace makers, love givers, joy bringers, and hope bearers!

God we pray and remember our family members who are ill, grieving, and in need of love and prayers.

God Help us to accept these periods of drought as a sign of our dependence and interdependence upon you and each other. Help us to know that it is ok to walk and live through these periods of drought and that every step we make through these drought ridden paths are holy ones too. 

Accept these our prayers in the name of Jesus. Amen.

In Closing May we remember these portions of scripture
Everything Has Its Time

3 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.



Psalm 35

Prayer for Deliverance from Enemies

Of David.

1 Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me!

2 Take hold of shield and buckler,
and rise up to help me!

3 Draw the spear and javelin
against my pursuers;
say to my soul,
‘I am your salvation.’

4 Let them be put to shame and dishonour
who seek after my life.
Let them be turned back and confounded
who devise evil against me.

5 Let them be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the Lord driving them on.

6 Let their way be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.

7 For without cause they hid their net* for me;
without cause they dug a pit* for my life.

8 Let ruin come on them unawares.
And let the net that they hid ensnare them;
let them fall in it—to their ruin.

9 Then my soul shall rejoice in the Lord,
exulting in his deliverance.

10 All my bones shall say,
‘O Lord, who is like you?
You deliver the weak
from those too strong for them,
the weak and needy from those who despoil them.’

11 Malicious witnesses rise up;
they ask me about things I do not know.

12 They repay me evil for good;
my soul is forlorn.

13 But as for me, when they were sick,
I wore sackcloth;
I afflicted myself with fasting.
I prayed with head bowed* on my bosom,

14 as though I grieved for a friend or a brother;
I went about as one who laments for a mother,
bowed down and in mourning.

15 But at my stumbling they gathered in glee,
they gathered together against me;
ruffians whom I did not know
tore at me without ceasing;

16 they impiously mocked more and more,*
gnashing at me with their teeth.

17 How long, O Lord, will you look on?
Rescue me from their ravages,
my life from the lions!

18 Then I will thank you in the great congregation;
in the mighty throng I will praise you.

19 Do not let my treacherous enemies rejoice over me,
or those who hate me without cause wink the eye.

20 For they do not speak peace,
but they conceive deceitful words
against those who are quiet in the land.

21 They open wide their mouths against me;
they say, ‘Aha, Aha,
our eyes have seen it.’

22 You have seen, O Lord; do not be silent!
O Lord, do not be far from me!

23 Wake up! Bestir yourself for my defence,
for my cause, my God and my Lord!

24 Vindicate me, O Lord, my God,
according to your righteousness,
and do not let them rejoice over me.

25 Do not let them say to themselves,
‘Aha, we have our heart’s desire.’
Do not let them say, ‘We have swallowed you* up.’

26 Let all those who rejoice at my calamity
be put to shame and confusion;
let those who exalt themselves against me
be clothed with shame and dishonour.

27 Let those who desire my vindication
shout for joy and be glad,
and say evermore,
‘Great is the Lord,
who delights in the welfare of his servant.’

28 Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness
and of your praise all day long.

 A Song of Penitence    Kyrie Pantokrator
          Prayer of Manasseh 1-2, 4, 6-7, 11-15

Especially suitable in Lent, and on other penitential occasions

O Lord and Ruler of the hosts of heaven, *
    God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
    and of all their righteous offspring:
You made the heavens and the earth, *
    with all their vast array.
All things quake with fear at your presence; *
    they tremble because of your power.
But your merciful promise is beyond all measure; *
    it surpasses all that our minds can fathom.
O Lord, you are full of compassion, *
    long-suffering, and abounding in mercy.
You hold back your hand; *
    you do not punish as we deserve.
In your great goodness, Lord,
you have promised forgiveness to sinners, *
    that they may repent of their sin and be saved.
And now, O Lord, I bend the knee of my heart, *
    and make my appeal, sure of your gracious goodness.
I have sinned, O Lord, I have sinned, *
    and I know my wickedness only too well.
Therefore I make this prayer to you: *
    Forgive me, Lord, forgive me.
Do not let me perish in my sin, *
    nor condemn me to the depths of the earth.
For you, O Lord, are the God of those who repent, *
    and in me you will show forth your goodness.
Unworthy as I am, you will save me,
in accordance with your great mercy, *
    and I will praise you without ceasing all the days of my life.
For all the powers of heaven sing your praises, *
    and yours is the glory to ages of ages. Amen.


Deuteronomy 7:12-16

Blessings for Obedience

12 If you heed these ordinances, by diligently observing them, the Lord your God will maintain with you the covenant loyalty that he swore to your ancestors; 13he will love you, bless you, and multiply you; he will bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the issue of your flock, in the land that he swore to your ancestors to give you. 14You shall be the most blessed of peoples, with neither sterility nor barrenness among you or your livestock. 15The Lord will turn away from you every illness; all the dread diseases of Egypt that you experienced, he will not inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you. 16You shall devour all the peoples that the Lord your God is giving over to you, showing them no pity; you shall not serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you.

A Song of Lamentation

Lamentations 1:12,16; 3:19,22-24,26

Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? *
Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow,

Which was brought upon me, *
inflicted by God’s fierce anger.

For these things I weep; my eyes flow with tears, *
for a comforter is far from me, one to revive my courage.

Remember my affliction and my bitterness, *
wormwood and gall!

The steadfast love of God never ceases, *
God’s mercies never end.

They are new every morning; *
great is your faithfulness.

“God is my portion,” says my soul, *
“therefore will I hope in God.”

It is good that we should wait quietly *
for the coming of God’s salvation.

Titus 2:1-15

Teach Sound Doctrine

2But as for you, teach what is consistent with sound doctrine. 2Tell the older men to be temperate, serious, prudent, and sound in faith, in love, and in endurance.

3 Likewise, tell the older women to be reverent in behaviour, not to be slanderers or slaves to drink; they are to teach what is good, 4so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5to be self-controlled, chaste, good managers of the household, kind, being submissive to their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited.

6 Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled. 7Show yourself in all respects a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, gravity, 8and sound speech that cannot be censured; then any opponent will be put to shame, having nothing evil to say of us.

9 Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to answer back, 10not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our Saviour.

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all,* 12training us to renounce impiety and worldly passions, and in the present age to live lives that are self-controlled, upright, and godly, 13while we wait for the blessed hope and the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Saviour,* Jesus Christ. 14He it is who gave himself for us that he might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds.

15 Declare these things; exhort and reprove with all authority.* Let no one look down on you.

A Song of Our True Nature

Julian of Norwich

Christ revealed our frailty and our falling, *
our trespasses and our humiliations.

Christ also revealed his blessed power, *
his blessed wisdom and love.

He protects us as tenderly and as sweetly when we are in greatest need; *
he raises us in spirit
and turns everything to glory and joy without ending.

God is the ground and the substance, the very essence of nature;
*
God is the true father and mother of natures.

We are all bound to God by nature, *
and we are all bound to God by grace.

And this grace is for all the world, *
because it is our precious mother, Christ.

For this fair nature was prepared by Christ
for the honor and nobility of all, *
and for the joy and bliss of salvation.

John 1:35-42

The First Disciples of Jesus

35 The next day John again was standing with two of his disciples, 36and as he watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, ‘Look, here is the Lamb of God!’ 37The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus. 38When Jesus turned and saw them following, he said to them, ‘What are you looking for?’ They said to him, ‘Rabbi’ (which translated means Teacher), ‘where are you staying?’ 39He said to them, ‘Come and see.’ They came and saw where he was staying, and they remained with him that day. It was about four o’clock in the afternoon. 40One of the two who heard John speak and followed him was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41He first found his brother Simon and said to him, ‘We have found the Messiah’ (which is translated Anointed*). 42He brought Simon* to Jesus, who looked at him and said, ‘You are Simon son of John. You are to be called Cephas’ (which is translated Peter*).

A Song of Christ’s Humility

Philippians 2:6-11

Though in the form of God, *
Christ Jesus did not cling to equality with God,

But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, *
and was born in human likeness.

Being found in human form, he humbled himself *
and became obedient to death, even death on a cross.

Therefore, God has highly exalted him *
and given him the name above every name,

That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, *
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, *
to the glory of God the Father.
Settings of the Lord's Prayer as found in A New Zealand Prayer Book

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.

or the alternative form.

Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.





Of the Holy Cross

Almighty God, whose beloved Son willingly endured the agony
and shame of the cross for our redemption: Give us courage to
take up our cross and follow him; who lives and reigns with
you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Support us, O Lord, with your gracious favor through the fast we have begun; that as we observe it by bodily self-denial, so we may fulfill it with inner sincerity of heart; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Almighty and everlasting God, you hate nothing you have made and forgive the sins of all who are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

A Collect for Fridays

Lord Jesus Christ, by your death you took away the sting of
death: Grant to us your servants so to follow in faith where
you have led the way, that we may at length fall asleep
peacefully in you and wake up in your likeness; for your
tender mercies' sake. Amen.

 For Social Justice

Almighty God, who created us in your image: Grant us
grace fearlessly to contend against evil and to make no peace
with oppression; and, that we may reverently use our freedom,
help us to employ it in the maintenance of justice in our
communities and among the nations, to the glory of your holy
Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with
you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

For Social Service

Heavenly Father, whose blessed Son came not to be served
but to serve: Bless all who, following in his steps, give
themselves to the service of others; that with wisdom,
patience, and courage, they may minister in his Name to the
suffering, the friendless, and the needy; for the love of him
who laid down his life for us, your Son our Savior Jesus
Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

On the Anniversary of a Disaster

God of steadfast love, who led your people through the wilderness: Be with us as we remember [and grieve]. By your grace, lead us in the path of new life, in the company of your saints and angels; through Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. Amen.

 Reconciliation and Forgiveness

God of compassion, you have reconciled us in Jesus Christ who is our peace: Enable us to live as Jesus lived, breaking down walls of hostility and healing enmity. Give us grace to make peace with those from whom we are divided, that, forgiven and forgiving, we may ever be one in Christ; who with you and the Holy Spirit reigns for ever, one holy and undivided Trinity. Amen.

Let us pray,

God wake us up out of the silences that make us complicit viewers as violence and hatred surrounds.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake us up from out sleep that we may seek to know and serve you more fully.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake us up to be able to speak truth to power and be the voice for the voiceless.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake us up to work for justice and universal human rights.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake us op from the need to be engaged in one upmanship and the pointing of fingers.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake up our spirits so that we may connect with you.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.


God wake up our minds so that we may seek what is true and what is right.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.


God wake up our hearts so that we may love with Love Energy that will shine your Light to a fragile and broken world.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.


God wake up our souls so that we may be empowered to answer your call to new life paths and vocations.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake up our bodies so that we may find ourselves stronger and able to care for the least of these our family members.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.


God wake up our lives from times of just casually watching the media on T.V. without being empowered to take action when we see injustice, racism, and hatred.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake us up and open our hearts to add our prayers and thanksgivings__________________
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.

God wake us up so that we may be in relationship with you and your Son Jesus whom we lift up our daily prayers in his name.
Awaken our Hearts and voices O, God.. Amen.


For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.

 A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Christ Has No Body. 

by Teresa of Avila. 

Christ has no body but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours, Yours are the eyes with which he looks. Compassion on this world, Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good, Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.



The Beatitudes

5 When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Blessing, light, and glory surround us 
and scatter the darkness of the long and lonely night.


The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel. 

May Christ, the Son of God, be manifest in you/us, that y/our lives may be a
light to the world; and the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son,
and the Holy Spirit, be among you/us, and remain with you/us always. Amen.

The blessing of God, the eternal goodwill of God, the shalom of God, the wildness and the warmth of God, be among us and between us, now and always.



++++


Good Night Dear Ones! . I love you!

Blessings and love,

Sara

Resources


A New Zealand Prayer Book
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching Our Worship
Prayers of Power
Satucket Lectionary Saints of the Day: Agnes Tsao Kou Ying, Agatha Lin Zhao, & Lucy Yi Zhenmei
Walk With Me On Our Journey




No comments:

Post a Comment