Sunday, February 12, 2017

Marking Sacred Time and Space With our Prayers.




Good Evening Dear Family!

Happy close of Sunday and the beginning of a new week. As we begin a new week I'm reminded that we begin anew every minute and nano-second of the day. The future isn't far away but in the next heartbeat and breath. God gave us those gifts so that we might not become anxious or over worry. How does time affect you? Can you live in the moment and stay in sacred time with God? I hope so because that is all we have. Isn't it? So tonight let us spend sacred time together and allow ourselves to be knit together as God's beloved children and family members.


Let us first take a virtual labyrinth walk using our mouse as our feet to help us center into sacred time  as we mark sacred time and space with our prayers and vigil.




Start out by thanking God for this day and all the blessings God has given you.

Slowly move your mouse and stop from time to time giving thanks to God.

Let's do our breathing exercises: 

Breathe in the Holy Spirit,
Exhale love.

After you finish the virtual labyrinth let us take time to center ourselves by listening to this  Brother Sun ,Sister Moon- Rutter or Lighten our Darkness- Rutter


Let us light our candles and "Be still and know that God is God" and engage in the "Be Stills"



Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.



Evening Prayer

Officiant O God, be not far from us.
People Come quickly to help us, O God.

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.


19 Cœli enarrant

1 The heavens declare the glory of God, *
and the firmament shows his handiwork.

2 One day tells its tale to another, *
and one night imparts knowledge to another.

3 Although they have no words or language, *
and their voices are not heard,

4 Their sound has gone out into all lands, *
and their message to the ends of the world.

5 In the deep has he set a pavilion for the sun; *
it comes forth like a bridegroom out of his chamber;
it rejoices like a champion to run its course.

6 It goes forth from the uttermost edge of the heavens
and runs about to the end of it again; *
nothing is hidden from its burning heat.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect
and revives the soul; *
the testimony of the Lord is sure
and gives wisdom to the innocent.

8 The statutes of the Lord are just
and rejoice the heart; *
the commandment of the Lord is clear
and gives light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean
and endures for ever; *
the judgments of the Lord are true
and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold,
more than much fine gold, *
sweeter far than honey,
than honey in the comb.

11 By them also is your servant enlightened, *
and in keeping them there is great reward.

12 Who can tell how often he offends? *
cleanse me from my secret faults.

13 Above all, keep your servant from presumptuous sins;
let them not get dominion over me; *
then shall I be whole and sound,
and innocent of a great offense.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, *
O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

46 Deus noster refugium

1 God is our refuge and strength, *
a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be moved, *
and though the mountains be toppled into the depths of the sea;

3 Though its waters rage and foam, *
and though the mountains tremble at its tumult.

4 The Lord of hosts is with us; *
the God of Jacob is our stronghold.

5 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, *
the holy habitation of the Most High.

6 God is in the midst of her;
she shall not be overthrown; *
God shall help her at the break of day.

7 The nations make much ado, and the kingdoms are shaken; *
God has spoken, and the earth shall melt away.

8 The Lord of hosts is with us; *
the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
  

9 Come now and look upon the works of the Lord, *
what awesome things he has done on earth.

10 It is he who makes war to cease in all the world; *
he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear,
and burns the shields with fire.

11 "Be still, then, and know that I am God; *
I will be exalted among the nations;
I will be exalted in the earth."

12 The Lord of hosts is with us; *
the God of Jacob is our stronghold.

Isaiah 62:6-12


6 Upon your walls, O Jerusalem,
   I have posted sentinels;
all day and all night
   they shall never be silent.
You who remind the Lord,
   take no rest, 
7 and give him no rest
   until he establishes Jerusalem
   and makes it renowned throughout the earth. 
8 The Lord has sworn by his right hand
   and by his mighty arm:
I will not again give your grain
   to be food for your enemies,
and foreigners shall not drink the wine
   for which you have laboured; 
9 but those who garner it shall eat it
   and praise the Lord,
and those who gather it shall drink it
   in my holy courts. 

10 Go through, go through the gates,
   prepare the way for the people;
build up, build up the highway,
   clear it of stones,
   lift up an ensign over the peoples. 
11 The Lord has proclaimed
   to the end of the earth:
Say to daughter Zion,
   ‘See, your salvation comes;
his reward is with him,
   and his recompense before him.’ 
12 They shall be called, ‘The Holy People,
   The Redeemed of the Lord’;
and you shall be called, ‘Sought Out,
   A City Not Forsaken.’ 


Canticle 15
The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever

1 John 2:3-11

3 Now by this we may be sure that we know him, if we obey his commandments. 4Whoever says, ‘I have come to know him’, but does not obey his commandments, is a liar, and in such a person the truth does not exist; 5but whoever obeys his word, truly in this person the love of God has reached perfection. By this we may be sure that we are in him: 6whoever says, ‘I abide in him’, ought to walk just as he walked.
7 Beloved, I am writing you no new commandment, but an old commandment that you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word that you have heard. 8Yet I am writing you a new commandment that is true in him and in you, because* the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. 9Whoever says, ‘I am in the light’, while hating a brother or sister,* is still in the darkness.10Whoever loves a brother or sister* lives in the light, and in such a person* there is no cause for stumbling. 11But whoever hates another believer* is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and does not know the way to go, because the darkness has brought on blindness.


Canticle M
A Song of Faith
1 Peter 1:3-4,18-21
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
by divine mercy we have a new birth into a living hope;
Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, *
we have an inheritance that is imperishable in heaven.
The ransom that was paid to free us *
was not paid in silver or gold,
But in the precious blood of Christ, *
the Lamb without spot or stain.
God raised Jesus from the dead and gave him glory *
so that we might have faith and hope in God

John 8:12-19

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.’ 13Then the Pharisees said to him, ‘You are testifying on your own behalf; your testimony is not valid.’ 14Jesus answered, ‘Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. 15You judge by human standards;* I judge no one.16Yet even if I do judge, my judgement is valid; for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father* who sent me. 17In your law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is valid. 18I testify on my own behalf, and the Father who sent me testifies on my behalf.’ 19Then they said to him, ‘Where is your Father?’ Jesus answered, ‘You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.’



God, we come to you this night and at all times as we mark sacred space and time that we may continue to be knit together as your beloved children and family members. Help us to embrace the holy in prayer and remember how we do this.


How do I/We embrace the holy?

I/We embrace the holy by acknowledging that everything that God created is holy.I/We embrace the holy by showing my love for all of my family members.I/We embrace the holy by speaking out for the voiceless and invisible.I/We embrace the holy by loving my enemies and those who hate.
I/We embrace the holy by practicing peaceful non-violence.I/We embrace the holy by accepting and including everyone into our family of love.I/We embrace the holy by being an ally for all those who are seeking universal human rights.I/We embrace the holy by being a good steward of God's Cathedral of Life.I/We embrace the holy by accepting God's call.I/We embrace the holy by following Jesus and being his sister, friend and walking the walk and talking the talk as He Does everyday in our lives.I/We embrace the holy by remembering to pray daily.
I/We embrace the holy by walking with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit on life's path and journey.


We embrace the holy this night in prayer and in the stillness , in the longing, and seeking to be in your loving presence O God. 

Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for the rain, we pray for the safety of all people in the wake of the storms both natural and man made from violence, hatred, and terror.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for your holy creation and the beauty of your Cathedral of Life.

Calm our hearts O God, and let us be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for your gift of peace. May peace prevail upon earth and within ourselves.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for our family of love. Lovingly enfold your arms around them this night if they are having any worries, anxieties, or fears.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for our voices that we may speak truth to power and be the voice of the voiceless.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for your healing power that you are doing in the lives of  those who are ill  in body, mind, and spirit.  We pray especially for ____________
Calm our hearts O God, and let us be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for everything you have given us so abundantly.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for ears and hearts to hear your still small voice.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for the least of these as a reminder that we may never become hard, cold, or complacent. 
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy God we give thanks for the lives of those who now reside in the Thin Places.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

 We pray for all who mourn and may we step up and lovingly respond with comfort and compassion.
Calm our hearts O God, and let us  be at one with you .

Holy Jesus we lift up these our prayers in love, peace, joy , and hope in your most holy Name. Amen.


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”


The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32
Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.
(source: from Saint Clare)

+++++++

Good Night Beloved ones ! I give thanks for our family and sacred time together that we may always be present with God who made us and makes us one. I love you and I give thanks to God for you this day.
May you rest this night and mark sacred time and space with God each and every day that you live, move, and just be.

Love and God's blessings!

Sara

An extra labyrinth to walk and meditate with. Just because!


No comments:

Post a Comment