Saturday, December 23, 2017

#AdventWord week 3 #HashTagsWithMeaning2017 - #Child





Good Evening Dear Family of Love!

This is the penultimate day of Advent! I'm not going to pepper you with the usual questions. Today I would like us to take time and reflect on our #AdventWord #child. This will be a time of introspection and getting in touch with the #child in all of us. Christmas is for children of all ages and stages. I am also requesting that we take time for some good old fashioned fun in the coming days to relieve our stress levels. Please do this as well. Now let us take time to do our almost final #AdventWord dictionary practice on #Child:

child
[CHÄ«ld]
NOUN
children (plural noun)
a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.
synonyms: youngster · little one · boy · girl · baby · newborn · infant · toddler · cherub · angel · schoolboy · schoolgirl · minor · junior · preteen · son · daughter · descendant · kid · kiddie · tot · tyke · young ’un · lad · rug rat · ankle-biter · babe · babe in arms · offspring · progeny · issue · brood · descendants
a son or daughter of any age.
an immature or irresponsible person:
"she's such a child!"
a person who has little or no experience in a particular area:
"he's a child in financial matters"
(children)
the descendants of a family or people:
"the children of Abraham"
(child of)
a person or thing influenced by a specified environment:
"a child of the sixties" · "OPEC was in a sense a child of the Cold War"
ORIGIN
Old English cild, of Germanic origin. The Middle English plural childer or childre became childeren or children by association with plurals ending in -en, such as brethren.


#AdventWord Thesaurus work : #child

+++++

Now let us begin our time of holding sacred space in a healing circle of love.


Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still 
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.



Our opening #Greetings will be made up of quotes about being a #Child of God.


We are all the children of God.
Alice Bailey

Jesus came to announce to us that an identity based on success, popularity and power is a false identity- an illusion! Loudly and clearly he says: 'You are not what the world makes you; but you are children of God.
Henri Nouwen

The children of God have more in common then they have differences.
Henry B. Eyring

Dear Child of God, I am sorry to say that suffering is not optional.
Desmond Tutu



Every man is somebody because he is a child of God.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We could also say that there is only one real kind of poverty: not living as children of God and brothers and sisters of Christ.
Pope Francis

I am a child of God. I always carry that with me.
Maya Angelou


To feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the harborless without also trying to change the social order so that people can feed, clothe and shelter themselves is just to apply palliatives. It is to show a lack of faith in one’s fellows, their responsibilitie s as children of God, heirs of heaven.
Dorothy Day


Let us greet one another in prayer, as we vigil and in love for one another as we make a healing circle of love in sacred community.


Our Great O Antiphon of the Day


                                                      O Emmanuel

Image result for o emmanuel
O Emmanuel -Healey Willan
Latin:
O Emmanuel, Rex et legifer noster,
exspectatio Gentium, et Salvator earum:
veni ad salvandum nos, Domine, Deus noster.
English:
O Emmanuel, our king and our lawgiver,
the hope of the nations and their Saviour:
Come and save us, O Lord our God.


The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.



Latin:
O Emmanuel, Rex et legifer noster,
exspectatio Gentium, et Salvator earum:
veni ad salvandum nos, Domine, Deus noster.
English:
O Emmanuel, our king and our lawgiver,
the hope of the nations and their Saviour:
Come and save us, O Lord our God.


Image result for Come O Come Emmanuel Antiphon



Advent Vespers: Magnificat with Antiphon "O Emmanuel"

O Come, O Come Emmanuel



Come and save us, * O Lord God of hosts.
Come and save us, O Lord God of hosts.
Show the light of your countenance, and we shall be saved:
O Lord God of hosts.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
Come and save us, O Lord God of hosts.
V. Show us your mercy, O Lord:
R. And grant us your salvation.

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Image result for Vesper candles



Prayer Over The Advent Candle

O God, as light comes from this candle,
May the blessing of Jesus Christ come to us,
Warming our hearts and brightening our way.
May Christ our Savior
Bring life into the darkness of this world,
And to us, as we wait for his coming.
Amen.

(www.catholicnewsagency.com)

Image result for Advent Vespers candles Week 3


A Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.



Image result for solstice smudging



Image result for advent vespers



138 Confitebor tibi
1 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with my whole heart; *
before the gods I will sing your praise.

2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and praise your Name, *
because of your love and faithfulness;

3 For you have glorified your Name *
and your word above all things.

4 When I called, you answered me; *
you increased my strength within me.

5 All the kings of the earth will praise you, O Lord, *
when they have heard the words of your mouth.

6 They will sing of the ways of the Lord, *
that great is the glory of the Lord.

7 Though the Lord be high, he cares for the lowly; *
he perceives the haughty from afar.

8 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you keep me safe; *
you stretch forth your hand against the fury of my enemies;
your right hand shall save me.

9 The Lord will make good his purpose for me; *
O Lord, your love endures for ever;
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Zechariah 8:9-17

 Thus says the Lord of hosts: Let your hands be strong—you that have recently been hearing these words from the mouths of the prophets who were present when the foundation was laid for the rebuilding of the temple, the house of the Lord of hosts. For before those days there were no wages for people or for animals, nor was there any safety from the foe for those who went out or came in, and I set them all against one another. But now I will not deal with the remnant of this people as in the former days, says the Lord of hosts. For there shall be a sowing of peace; the vine shall yield its fruit, the ground shall give its produce, and the skies shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things. Just as you have been a cursing among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so I will save you and you shall be a blessing. Do not be afraid, but let your hands be strong.
 For thus says the Lord of hosts: Just as I purposed to bring disaster upon you, when your ancestors provoked me to wrath, and I did not relent, says the Lord of hosts, so again I have purposed in these days to do good to Jerusalem and to the house of Judah; do not be afraid. These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another, render in your gates judgements that are true and make for peace, do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath; for all these are things that I hate, says the Lord.

139 Domine, probasti

1 Lord, you have searched me out and known me; *
you know my sitting down and my rising up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.

2 You trace my journeys and my resting-places *
and are acquainted with all my ways.

3 Indeed, there is not a word on my lips, *
but you, O Lord, know it altogether.

4 You press upon me behind and before *
and lay your hand upon me.

5 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; *
it is so high that I cannot attain to it.

6 Where can I go then from your Spirit? *
where can I flee from your presence?

7 If I climb up to heaven, you are there; *
if I make the grave my bed, you are there also.

8 If I take the wings of the morning *
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

9 Even there your hand will lead me *
and your right hand hold me fast.

10 If I say, "Surely the darkness will cover me, *
and the light around me turn to night,"

11 Darkness is not dark to you;
the night is as bright as the day; *
darkness and light to you are both alike.

12 For you yourself created my inmost parts; *
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

13 I will thank you because I am marvelously made; *
your works are wonderful, and I know it well.

14 My body was not hidden from you, *
while I was being made in secret
and woven in the depths of the earth.

15 Your eyes beheld my limbs, yet unfinished in the womb;
all of them were written in your book; *
they were fashioned day by day,
when as yet there was none of them.

16 How deep I find your thoughts, O God! *
how great is the sum of them!

17 If I were to count them, they would be more in number than the sand; *
to count them all, my life span would need to be like yours.

(18 Oh, that you would slay the wicked, O God! *
You that thirst for blood, depart from me.

19 They speak despitefully against you; *
your enemies take your Name in vain.

20 Do I not hate those, O Lord, who hate you? *
and do I not loathe those who rise up against you?

21 I hate them with a perfect hatred; *
they have become my own enemies.

22 Search me out, O God, and know my heart; *
try me and know my restless thoughts.

23 Look well whether there be any wickedness in me *
and lead me in the way that is everlasting.)
9    The First Song of Isaiah    Ecce, Deus
         Isaiah 12:2-6
Surely, it is God who saves me; *
    I will trust in him and not be afraid.
For the Lord is my stronghold and my sure defense, *
    and he will be my Savior.
Therefore you shall draw water with rejoicing *
    from the springs of salvation.
And on that day you shall say, *
    Give thanks to the Lord and call upon his Name;
Make his deeds known among the peoples; *
    see that they remember that his Name is exalted.
Sing the praises of the Lord, for he has done great things, *
    and this is known in all the world.
Cry aloud, inhabitants of Zion, ring out your joy, *
    for the great one in the midst of you is the Holy One of Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
    as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


Matthew 25:31-46
The Judgement of the Nations




‘When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,* you did it to me.” Then he will say to those at his left hand, “You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.” Then they also will answer, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?” Then he will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.” And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.’ 
  We pray in today's #AdventWord #child.

God we pray for all children who are in need and especially those who may be separated from their families due to unjust immigration laws.

God we pray for all children who have become victims of violence, degradation, and injustice. We pray for a renewal of the CHIP program and all programs that help needy families who do not have access to resources. We pray and give thanks for Episcopal Public Policy Network and Episcopal Peace Fellowship that shine a light on injustice and lead us to act on our needy family's behalf. Give us voices for the voiceless children.

God we pray for all children and families who are refugees and seeking new homes where they may live safe from harm. We pray especially for the Episcopal Migration Ministries.


God we pray for all children who are ill during the holidays. We pray especially for those who are in hospitals and NICUS. We give thanks for medical teams who minister to their needs.


God we pray for all youth ministers, ministers of youth music that they may show our young ones how exciting it is to serve God in God's Church.


God we pray for that we may truly become Children of God by speaking and being peace makers to a fragile, broken, and unjust world.


God we pray for all parents and siblings who are mourning losses of children, brothers, and sisters this time of the year and those who will celebrate their first holidays without them. Give them comfort and may they feel your loving and abiding presence.


God we pray for all children in our community who find themselves walking down dangerous paths that they may be diverted and given opportunities where they may grow, develop, and are kept away from gang and at risk activities.


God we give thanks for all children and parents this night who are traveling during this holy season. Help us to remember Mary and Joseph on their way to Bethlehem.


God we pray these prayers in the name of your Son Jesus who was once a child just like us. Amen.

Third Sunday of Advent


Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come
among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins,
let your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver
us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and
the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.


Loving Jesus: Protect and sustain us with your hand. Open the
door of your love that, sealed with your wisdom, we may be free
to serve you with joy. Amen.
(a prayer of St. Gertrude)


Jesus, you are the way through the wilderness: show us your truth
in which we journey, and by the grace of the Holy Spirit be in us
the life that draws us to God. Amen.
(source: F.B. McNutt, The Prayer Manual [London: Mowbray, 1961], p. 29,
adapted)


O God our shield and armor of light, whom we adore with all the
angelic host: defend us from evil; watch over any who are in
danger this night and give your angels charge over them; and
grant that we may always rejoice in your heavenly protection and
serve you bravely in the world; through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Amen.


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis


Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.


Christ has no Body


Christ has no body but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours, Yours are the eyes with which he looks. Compassion on this world, Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good, Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world. - Teresa of Avila


Let us pray the Alternative form of the Lord's Prayer as found in the New Zealand Prayer Book
Eternal Spirit,
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world!
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings!
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and for ever. Amen.


Let us pray in the words of our #AdventWord -#Greeting


God we pray that we may greet one another in love this season.


God help us to greet the least of these as if we are seeing you in them.


God help us we pray to find ways to receive healing greetings from those with whom we have differences.


God help us to learn how to say Merry Christmas in new and exciting languages.


God give us courage to speak and say "Hello" to the strangers within our midst.


God may greet the days ahead with patience, expectation, and a renewal of our commitment to serve the least of these.


God help us to shout from the roof tops on Christmas Morning "Christ is born", "Emmanuel is with us"


God help us to greet people with a calm spirit and remember that we are all in this together.


God we pray these prayers as we greet you warmly as we sit at your feet and in your presence this night and forever more. Amen.




Faith opens our hearts for the entrance of the holy. It is almost as though God were thinking for us.
Abraham Joshua Heschel

Image result for candlelight vigil


God to enfold me,


God to surround me,
God in my speaking,
God in my thinking.


God in my sleeping,
God in my waking,
God in my watching,
God in my hoping.


God in my life,
God in my lips,
God in my soul,
God in my heart.


God in my sufficing,
God in my slumber,
God in mine ever-living soul,
God in mine eternity.
(Ancient celtic oral traditions - carmina gadelica)



The true meaning of existence is disclosed in moments of living in the presence of God
Abraham Joshua Heschel


You are the peace of all things calm
You are the place to hide from harm
You are the light that shines in dark
You are the heart's eternal spark
You are the door that's open wide
You are the guest who waits inside
You are the stranger at the door
You are the calling of the poor
You are my Lord and with me still
You are my love, keep me from ill
You are the light, the truth, the way
You are my Saviour this very day.
(celtic oral tradition - 1st millennium)


Faith is not the clinging to a shrine but an endless pilgrimage of the heart.
Abraham Joshua Heschel


A Collect for the Renewal of Life
O God, the King eternal, whose light divides the day from the
night and turns the shadow of death into the morning: Drive
far from us all wrong desires, incline our hearts to keep your
law, and guide our feet into the way of peace; that, having
done your will with cheerfulness while it was day, we may,
when night comes, rejoice to give you thanks; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.

We pray in the words of our #AdventWord - #Renew


God we pray for the renewal of our bodies, minds, and spirits and that we as we await with joyful expectation we may wholly be yours in your most sacred presence.


God we pray that our planet's resources may be healed and renewed.


God we pray for all who are ill this time of year that they may be renewed and made whole to enjoy this special season of family time.


God we pray for a renewal of energy towards finding solutions to houselessness, hunger, income inequality, and all injustices that plague your world and your beloved children.


God we pray that we may continually renew our commitment to loving you, our neighbors, our enemies, and ourselves.


God we pray that we may continually renew our focus and speak truth to power and let justice roll down.


God we pray that we may continue to be renewed and reawakened to the call and path you have set our holy feet upon.


God we renew commitment to "Strive for justice, and peace, and respect the dignity of every human being" by standing for universal equality and human rights throughout the world.


God renew our energy to fight hatred, bigotry, abuse and governmental injustices that oppress and neglect the least of these.


God renew our hearts as we add these our own prayers:


We pray for_____________________


We remember____________________


We celebrate_____________________


We give thanks___________________



We lift up these our prayers as we are renewed in the name of God the Creator, Jesus our Redeemer. and the Holy Spirit our Advocate and Guide. Amen.


A Prayer of Self-Dedication


Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to thee, so
guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our
wills, that we may be wholly thine, utterly dedicated unto
thee; and then use us, we pray thee, as thou wilt, and always
to thy glory and the welfare of thy people; through our Lord
and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.


Awareness of the divine begins with wonder.
Abraham Joshua Heschel


We turn now to prayers featuring the #AdventWord , #Embrace :

God we pray for all of your children who do not know a loving and warm embrace and who are in need.
God we pray for an end to senseless violence that people everywhere might embrace one another with compassion, acceptance, love, and mercy.

God we pray this night that we may have the courage to embrace diversity with heart homes, heart roots, and our inner beings fixed on you and your ways.

God encircle us with your loving and merciful power in this time of trial that we may come to rely upon you fully.

God may we continually embrace your teachings ans showings of love so that we may not falter and our faith may be strengthened.

God remind us daily to embrace everything as holy and not take anything for granted. 

God help us each new day to seek to see you in others with out fear or hatred, only love.

God we pray that we may embrace the calls you have given us and go and do and spread your God news daily.

God help us to remember the words of the hymn There's A Wideness in God's Mercy.


1 There’s a wideness in God’s mercy
like the wideness of the sea;
there’s a kindness in his justice,
which is more than liberty.
There is welcome for the sinner,
and more graces for the good;
there is mercy with the Savior;
there is healing in His blood.

2 There is no place where earth's sorrows
are more felt than up in heaven;
there is no place where earth's failings
have such kindly judgment given.
There is plentiful redemption
in the blood that has been shed;
there is joy for all the members
in the sorrows of the Head.

3 For the love of God is broader
than the measure of the mind;
and the heart of the Eternal
is most wonderfully kind.
If our love were but more faithful,
we should take him at his word;
and our life would be thanksgiving
for the goodness of the Lord.
Frederick William Faber, 1814-1863

God let us embrace one another with our additional prayers.
We pray for_______
We remember_________
We celebrate_________
We give thanks__________


And these may be added as well.


God of many names we come to you seeking unity, peace, and understanding. Help us we pray to embrace one another as your holy children who have been made in your image and likeness. Take away from us any thought, word, or deed that seeks to divide us one from another and You O God. We pray this night for an end to all terrorists acts and those that are being planned. We pray that those who are contemplating such acts may be prevented from doing so and that they may feel your not so gentle tap on their shoulder as a reminder of what they shouldn't be doing. God may we join our hands together in compassion, acceptance, love, and mercy and that we may encircle this fragile nation and world with your light and love as we pray and seek to serve you at all times and the places where you send us. Amen.


God We pray that we may embrace the holy at all times with these affirmations:


I embrace the holy by acknowledging that everything that God created is holy.
I embrace the holy by showing my love for all of my family members.
I embrace the holy by speaking out for the voiceless and invisible.
I embrace the holy by loving my enemies and those who hate.
I embrace the holy by practicing peaceful non-violence.
I embrace the holy by accepting and including everyone into our family of love.
I embrace the holy by being an ally for all those who are seeking universal human rights.
I embrace the holy by being a good steward of God's Cathedral of Life.
I embrace the holy by accepting God's call.
I embrace the holy by following Jesus and being his sister, friend and walking the walk and talking the talk as He Does everyday in our lives.
I embrace the holy by remembering to pray daily.
I embrace the holy by walking with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit on life's path and journey.

We embrace the holy this night in prayer and in the stillness , in the longing, and seeking to be in your loving presence O God. 

Holy God we give thanks for the rain, we pray for the safety of all people in the wake of the storms.   May we feel you upholding us safely in your loving embrace.

Holy God we give thanks for your holy creation and the beauty of your Cathedral of Life. May we feel your presence as we breathe in the air that embraces us in and through our bodies.


Holy God we give thanks for your gift of peace. May peace prevail upon earth and within ourselves. Help us to embrace all people who differ from us with compassion, acceptance, love, and mercy.


Holy God we give thanks for our family of love. Lovingly enfold your arms around them this night if they are having any worries, anxieties, or fears.God give us courage to embrace our fragile and mentally ill family members with love and understanding.


Holy God we give thanks for our voices that we may speak truth to power and be the voice of the voiceless. God give us the strength to embrace social justice causes that are near and dear to you and that we may do as you command us to do.


Holy God we give thanks for your healing power that you are doing in the lives of  those who are ill  in body, mind, and spirit.  We pray especially for ____________
God Help us to lovingly embrace all who are ill and come to their aid and help them with a genuine and sincere heart. 

Holy God we give thanks for everything you have given us so abundantly.
 Help us to give thanks and embrace what we truly need and not all the extravagant wants.

Holy God we give thanks for ears and hearts to hear your still small voice.
Help us to embrace the small things in life.

Holy God we give thanks for the least of these as a reminder that we may never become hard, cold, or complacent.  God help us to embrace our fragile family members with warmth, comfort, God centered compassion, acceptance, love, and mercy.


Holy God we give thanks for the lives of those who now reside in the Thin Places. We pray for all who mourn and may we step up and lovingly respond with comfort and compassion. God embrace with your never failing love those who are dying and who have died today and enfold the grieving with your loving and consoling arms.

Holy Jesus we lift up these our prayers in love, peace, joy , and hope in your most holy Name. Amen.



 #AdventWord Prayers  for #Open


God open our hearts, minds, and spirits as we await your coming with joy and love.

God give us open minds to inclusiveness and diversity and celebrating each other's differences and similarities in joy and not fear.

God open the minds of governments who seek to do harm to their citizenry by passing unjust laws that are inhumane and are in violation of human rights.

God open our hearts to invite our family members who are new to us into our midst. We pray for all who are on the margins of society remembering especially all immigrants, refugees, victims of human trafficking and abuse, the homeless, the hungry, the ill-clad and those who have been bullied, hated, and emotionally terrorized. 

God open wide our hearts to new possibilities to where you are calling us to go.

God open the minds of scientists and researchers to find cures and compassionate treatment for those suffering from rare and chronic diseases.

God open our hearts and voices to speak for the voiceless remembering especially the planet's life forms remembering the land, the animal kingdom, the waters, the air, and the oxygen producing plants and trees. Help us to be the voice for our voiceless family members who do not have strength to raise their voices and be the change in this fragile and broken world.

God open our hands freely so that we may praise you, serve you, and help the least of these.

God help us to keep open to your presence and allow more time in conversation and listening with you. 

God we pray for__________
God we remember________
God we celebrate______________
God we give thanks for_________
God we lift up our prayers with open and loving hearts to you ! Amen.


Let us pray the #AdventWord -#Dazzle


God help us not to be #dazzled by the lights of this season but to be #dazzled by the light and love of Christ.


Light of Christ illumine our hearts with love energy so that we may serve you in your kindom daily.


God we pray for all who have become attached and bedazzled by the materialism of this world an have forgotten what matters most.


Light of Christ may we seek to be unattached to things but attached to you and where you lead us. May we find ourselves walking with you and covering ourselves in your dust.


God we pray for all who are lonely this time of year and all the dazzling sights and sounds become hurtful not helpful to them.


Light of Christ may we lovingly respond to our family members who are lost, lonely, alone, neglected and who may feel invisible. Give us courage to seek out the lost and bring them back into your fold and our family with loving acceptance.


God we pray for all refugees, immigrants, victims of abuse, terror, disaster, human trafficking and discrimination.


Light of Christ help us to shine the light on injustice and do in the words of the Prophet Micah "To do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God" and let justice roll down. May this light shine everywhere and into the hearts of tyrannical leaders who do not know or want to learn how to serve and govern the peoples whom they serve.




God be-stir our hearts once again on Christmas so that we may carry your message of love and the God News to everyone who need it or may need to hear it again.


Light of Christ may we shine your love light and Love News to the world with voices loud and clear and without fear.


God we pray for_________________
God we remember_________________
God we give thanks for_______________
God we Celebrate_________________


Christ the light of our hearts receive these our prayers and thanksgivings in your Holy Name. Amen.




The Beatitudes Matthew 5:3–12


Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (5:3)


Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)


Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)


Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)


Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)


Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)


Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10


#AdventWord prayers for #Light


God empower us to be your beacons of light and hope in this fragile and broken world.


God help us to shine your peace, love, justice, and mercy in those places where darkness is the order of the day and may your healing light be shed upon them.


God we pray for all who are in need of light therapy as Winter approaches. Help us to keep watch over our loved ones who need our loving light and presence as they cope with depression.


God open wide our heart homes, nourish our heart roots with the necessary light, and radiate our inner beings with your presence from the inside out.


God help us to remember that your "yoke is easy and your burden is light!"


God make our lives lighter as we take time to live more simply.


God shed light upon all forms of violence, extremism, abuse, bigotry and hatred that we we may speak truth to power and stand for universal human rights.


Give us courage to shine the light of truth to places where falsehood and danger are present.


Give us courage to stand with the vulnerable as we enfold them with compassion, acceptance, love and mercy. May we seek to work in our communities where injustice and apathy need the necessary light to make changes wherever and whenever necessary.


Let us remember That the Light of Christ in Me Reflects the Light of Christ in You.


May we shine the light of the Gospel to all who are in need of hearing and being shown the light of your love, the light of your mercy, and the light of your justice as we follow you O God. Amen.




For the Human Family


O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.


Let us Sow Seeds of:


C= Compassion
A= Acceptance
L= Love
M = Mercy


Let us speak in words that are:


C= Comforting
A= Appreciative
L= Living and Loving
M= Mindful and Matter


Let our deeds be:
C= Caring and Compassionate
A= Admirable
L= Life giving
M= Mannerly
Let us choose to live a life of Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy. Let choose to speak in words that are courageous, amiable, enLightening, Mannered, and Make sense and don't harm or divide. Let our deeds be all these things.


The Song of Simeon Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.


The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)




May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in
believing through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Romans 15:13








Today's 
 #AdventWord:#Child

Tomorrow's 
 #AdventWord: #Believe

Good Night Beloved Ones! Prayers ascending to all of you who are going through times of crisis and anxiety this season. Just know we are here for you. I'm here for you! I love you and am with holy gratitude holding you in my heart home right now. 

With Love, peace, hope, and joy!

Sara


+++++++++++++++++


Resources:

Satucket -Lectionary
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Sepulchre -Candles
Book of Common Prayer - Online
Enriching Our Worship 1997
Book of Occasional Services -2003
A to Z Quotes
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Wikipedia - Great O Antiphons
YouTube for Music.
Hymnary for Hymn Lyrics
Metis Aboriginal Ministries


Image result for christ child icon


Image result for christ child icon


No comments:

Post a Comment