Thursday, January 18, 2018

God calls the most unexpected people!




Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy Being Thoughtful And Thankful Thursday! Today we celebrate the Feast of the Confession of St. Peter. When I think about St. Peter, I find myself feeling a kinship with him because God calls the most unexpected people in the world to do God's work. When God called me to write this blog, I almost thought God was calling the wrong person to do this, I still do but nevertheless I will keep on keeping on and remembèr the quote "God doesn't call the equipped, God equips the called!" Are you one of God's children who find it unbelievable what God is calling you to do and to be? I"m here to tell you, please don't be God knows exactly what God is doing and all we need to do is to believe, accept, and trust God's work within us so that we may do God's work in the world around us. As the Angels in the told the shepherds in the field on Christmas night "Fear Not"! We do not need to be afraid all we need to do is to have courage as God plants our feet upon our daily path on our life's pilgrimage. So let us remember Peter and Everyperson who accepts the call from God whomever they may be, yes even us!
This is the time and this is the place to find our self worth in serving God in God's Kindom for the good of all. So tonight let us be at prayer and meditate upon what God is calling us to do and see if we have had any recent a ha moments that might be God planting the seed of a call to a new life path.

Let us engage in the "Here I am Lord send Me's"

Here I am Lord send me.
Here I am Lord.
Here I am.

Here I am Lord send me.
Here I am Lord.
Here I am.

Here I am Lord send me.
Here I am Lord.
Here I am.


“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”









O Gracious Light  Phos hilaron
O gracious Light,
pure brightness of the everliving Father in heaven,
O Jesus Christ, holy and blessed!
Now as we come to the setting of the sun,
and our eyes behold the vesper light,
we sing your praises, O God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You are worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices,
O Son of God, O Giver of life,
and to be glorified through all the worlds.

Dear Beloved Community tonight's Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigil is dedicated to all who seek justice and equality for every human being and that we may pray that as in the words of the prophet
Micah
"He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" and also we pray in the words of Isaiah
"He shall judge between the nations,
and shall arbitrate for many peoples;
they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more."


In essence we pray that we may be CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) people with heart homes filled with love energy to help God by showing love and light to all.




Psalm 118

Confitemini Domino

1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; *

his mercy endures for ever.


2
Let Israel now proclaim, *

“His mercy endures for ever.”


3
Let the house of Aaron now proclaim, *

“His mercy endures for ever.”


4
Let those who fear the Lord now proclaim, *

“His mercy endures for ever.”


5
I called to the Lord in my distress; *

the Lord answered by setting me free.


6
The Lord is at my side, therefore I will not fear; *

what can anyone do to me?


7
The Lord is at my side to help me; *

I will triumph over those who hate me.


8
It is better to rely on the Lord*

than to put any trust in flesh.


9
It is better to rely on the Lord*

than to put any trust in rulers.


10
All the ungodly encompass me; *

in the name of the Lord I will repel them.


11
They hem me in, they hem me in on every side; *

in the name of the Lord I will repel them.


12
They swarm about me like bees;

they blaze like a fire of thorns; *

in the name of the Lord I will repel them.


13
I was pressed so hard that I almost fell, *

but the Lord came to my help.


14
The Lord is my strength and my song, *

and he has become my salvation.


15
There is a sound of exultation and victory *

in the tents of the righteous:


16
“The right hand of the Lord has triumphed! *

the right hand of the Lord is exalted!

the right hand of the Lord has triumphed!”


17
I shall not die, but live, *

and declare the works of the Lord.


18
The Lord has punished me sorely, *

but he did not hand me over to death.


19
Open for me the gates of righteousness; *

I will enter them;

I will offer thanks to the Lord.


20
“This is the gate of the Lord; *

he who is righteous may enter.”


21
I will give thanks to you, for you answered me *

and have become my salvation.


22
The same stone which the builders rejected *

has become the chief cornerstone.


23
This is the Lord’s doing, *

and it is marvelous in our eyes.


24
On this day the Lord has acted; *

we will rejoice and be glad in it.


25
Hosannah, Lord, hosannah! *

Lord, send us now success.


26
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord; *

we bless you from the house of the Lord.


27
God is the Lord; he has shined upon us; *

form a procession with branches up to the horns of the altar.


28
“You are my God, and I will thank you; *

you are my God, and I will exalt you.”


29
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; *

Ezekiel 34:11-16 (NRSV)

Thus says the Lord God: I myself will search for my sheep, and will seek them out. As shepherds seek out their flocks when they are among their scattered sheep, so I will seek out my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places to which they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the watercourses, and in all the inhabited parts of the land. I will feed them with good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel shall be their pasture; there they shall lie down in good grazing land, and they shall feed on rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will make them lie down, says the Lord God. I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with justice.

A Song to the Lamb Dignus es

Revelation 4:11;5:9-10,13

Splendor and honor and royal power *
are yours by right, O God Most High,
For you created everything that is, *
and by your will they were created and have their being;
And yours by right, O Lamb that was slain, *
for with your blood you have redeemed for God,
From every family, language, people, and nation, *
a royal priesthood to serve our God.
And so, to the One who sits upon the throne, *
and to Christ the Lamb,
Be worship and praise, dominion and splendor, *
for ever and for evermore.

Matthew 16:13-19 (NRSV)

Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, but others Elijah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”


Canticle 21

You are God Te Deum laudamus

You are God: we praise you;
You are the Lord: we acclaim you;
You are the eternal Father:
All creation worships you.
To you all angels, all the powers of heaven,
Cherubim and Seraphim, sing in endless praise:
Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might,
heaven and earth are full of your glory.
The glorious company of apostles praise you.
The noble fellowship of prophets praise you.
The white-robed army of martyrs praise you.
Throughout the world the holy Church acclaims you;
Father, of majesty unbounded,
your true and only Son, worthy of all worship,
and the Holy Spirit, advocate and guide.
You, Christ, are the king of glory,
the eternal Son of the Father.
When you became man to set us free
you did not shun the Virgin’s womb.
You overcame the sting of death
and opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
You are seated at God’s right hand in glory.
We believe that you will come and be our judge.
Come then, Lord, and help your people,
bought with the price of your own blood,
and bring us with your saints
to glory everlasting.

Acts 10:34-44 (NRSV)

Peter began to speak, saying: “I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. You know the message he sent to the people of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ—he is Lord of all. That message spread throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John announced: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. We are witnesses to all that he did both in Judea and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree; but God raised him on the third day and allowed him to appear, not to all the people but to us who were chosen by God as witnesses, and who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one ordained by God as judge of the living and the dead. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” While Peter was still speaking, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word.

Canticle 15

The Song of Mary Magnificat

Luke 1:46-55

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

John 21:15-22 (NRSV)

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my lambs.” A second time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter felt hurt because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” And he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep. Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go.” (He said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God.) After this he said to him, “Follow me.” Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them; he was the one who had reclined next to Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?” When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about him?” Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow me!”

A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit

Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21

Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors *
a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, *
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.
To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, *
and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day *
and a blaze of stars by night.
She brought them across the Red Sea, *
she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss.
And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, *
and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people.

Confession of Saint Peter

Almighty Father, who inspired Simon Peter, first among the apostles, to confess Jesus as Messiah and Son of the living God: Keep your Church steadfast upon the rock of this faith, so that in unity and peace we may proclaim the one truth and follow the one Lord, our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

 A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

God you have reminded us that we are precious, help us to convey this to all the voiceless ones.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God you have reminded us that we are to be a forever and eternal family and as we are this we need to lovingly respond to the need of our family members.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God you teach us many things day by day. May we remember that we are each other's keeper.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God you love us unconditionally through and through. May we find the way to do this and model your example. May we have courage to speak the words I love you with warm hearts and light in our eyes.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God we pray for all who are ill and seeking healing. We pray and give thanks for healing that has already taken place. May we speak up for our family members who may not know how to advocate for themselves.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God we pray for ourselves and on behalf of others remembering especially_____________
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

Jesus we come to you with our voices united in prayer for peace and lift up these our petitions and prayers in your Name. Amen.

The  Beatitudes  Matthew 5:3–12 

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (5:3)
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10

Now let us begin our closing prayers with mindfulness and prayers! Let us continue in the presence of God before we take our rest.

Now let us  begin relaxing our bodies by unwinding, breathing, doing some relaxation exercises that will make you feel de-stressed.

After this let us listen to this Ravi Shankar Chants of India  or this Relaxation: Relaxing Nature Sounds and Tibetan Chakra Meditation Music for Relaxation Meditation

As we listen we begin to prepare to pray and give thanks for the days leading up to our weekend of  rest, relaxation, and renewal.

Come Holy Spirit, calm our hearts, minds, and physical selves that  we may feel your  enlivening and empowering presence.

Gracious Spirit, we pray for peace in this troubled and broken world of ours  and in ourselves.

Gracious Spirit, as we approach God's day of Sabbath may we prepare ourselves in heart and mind to meet Jesus in the breaking of the bread, the cup of salvation, and by drinking from the well of the Water of life that never runs dry.

Gracious Spirit, help us to give ourselves permission to take rest, do self-care, and honor God by entering into that weekly Sabbath Rest.

Gracious Spirit, give us courage to serve the least of these and become their loving and compassionate brothers and sisters.

Gracious Spirit, heal all those who are ill in body, mind, and spirit.

Gracious Spirit, we pray for the protection of those who travel .

Gracious Spirit, may we ever seek to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God.

Gracious Spirit, encircle all those who are dying and who have died.  Enfold you loving arms around the departed and give loving comfort to those who mourn. May we lovingly enfold them as well.

Gracious Spirit, as the night has fallen and we shall soon be at rest we pray with special intention for ourselves and especially our family members who have asked us to pray for their concerns especially___________________

We add any other prayers, celebrations, remembrances, and thanksgivings here. We pray these prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.

The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel.


The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.

++++++

Good Night Beloved Community! Have a blessed night and you'll never know when God is going to give you that gentle tap on the shoulder. Please consult the blog with the same name by clicking on the link below!

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-gentle-tap-on-shoulder.html

I love you and give thanks to God for you always!

With love, peace, and blessings!

Sara 

Resources
E Common Prayer
Quote Sites for Prayers and quotes
Walk With Me On Our Journey





No comments:

Post a Comment