Monday, January 22, 2018

It's De-Muddling Monday! Come and see what I mean!





Image result for Clarity




Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy Monday! Today I decided I had to get myself de-muddled! That means organized and make as many medical appointments that I'm trying to get done before I have my next appointment with my oncologist at the end of March. So far I have one more to schedule and get authorized. Also I have begun de-cluttering the garage and getting ready for a thrift store pick up tomorrow. What does this have to do with the spiritual life? Everything! Jesus was big on de-cluttering and de-muddling! So that is why I decided to do this even with plantar fascitis!  So here I am in my living room blogging to you and feeling God's and our nightly or morning presence together as we take time for a wonderful time of prayer and meditating upon God's God News! These times are very special and give me focus and de- muddles at the same time. So dear family let us center in on God and enter into this holy circle of prayer and healing!

Let us begin with our breathing exercises and Peace be Stills!

Inhale gently.
Hold.
Exhale gently.

Pause

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.


Inhale gently.
Hold.
Exhale gently.

Pause

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace..

Inhale gently.
Hold.
Exhale gently.

Pause

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.



Smudging prayer
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.


Image result for smudging images




IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.
- Luis Valdez

Image result for if you want justice



Prayer for Lighting a Candle
Lord, may this candle be a light for you to enlighten me in my decisions,
And may it be a fire for you to purify me from all pride and selfishness.
May it be a flame for you to build warmth into my heart towards my family, my neighbors and all  
those who meet me.
Through the prayers of Mary, virgin and mother, I place in your care those I come to remember,
especially __________.
In leaving this candle, I wish to give you something of myself.
Help me to continue this prayer into everything I do this day.
Amen.



Image result for candle light

Let us meditate upon God's God News and open our hearts and pray.

121 Levavi oculos

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills; *
from where is my help to come?

2 My help comes from the Lord, *
the maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot be moved *
and he who watches over you will not fall asleep.

4 Behold, he who keeps watch over Israel *
shall neither slumber nor sleep;

5 The Lord himself watches over you; *
the Lord is your shade at your right hand,

6 So that the sun shall not strike you by day, *
nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; *
it is he who shall keep you safe.

8 The Lord shall watch over your going out and
your coming in, *
from this time forth for evermore.

Matthew 5:1–12

5When Jesus* saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
3 ‘Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 ‘Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 ‘Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6 ‘Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7 ‘Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
8 ‘Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9 ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 ‘Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 ‘Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely* on my account. 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Canticle A
A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21
Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors * a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, * withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.
To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, * and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day * and a blaze of stars by night.
She brought them across the Red Sea, * she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss.
And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, * and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people. 




Mark 8:34–38

34 He called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel,*will save it. 36For what will it profit them to gain the whole world and forfeit their life? 37Indeed, what can they give in return for their life?38Those who are ashamed of me and of my words* in this adulterous and sinful generation, of them the Son of Man will also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.’

A Song of God’s Love
John 4:7-11
Beloved, let us love one another, * for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, * for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, * that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
 In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us * and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.

Beloved, since God loved us so much, * we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, * and God’s love will be perfected in us.

Matthew 25:31–40

31 ‘When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” 37Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” 40And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,* you did it to me."

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm * and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones * and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things * and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, * for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, * to Abraham and his children for ever.


Let us lift up our own prayers in the name of God our Creator, Jesus our Redeemer, and The Holy Spiirit our Advocate and Guide by speaking our prayers either aloud or silently.


Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.



Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love, Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; And where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved, as to love.

The Lord bless us and keep us. Amen.
The Lord make his face to shine upon us
   and be gracious to us. Amen.
The Lord lift up his countenance upon us
   and give us peace. Amen.
Let us bless the God who dwells with in us.
Thanks be to God.



Good Night Beloved Community! I'm sorry that the pictures didn't upload property! So that means we use our imaginations ! I love you all!  Tomorrow we will have our normal intercessions.

Love, blessings, and thanksgivings,

Sara

Resources 
Satucket Lectionary 
In Lak'Ech - Luis Valdez
Metis Aboriginal Ministries 
A to Z quotes for prayers 
Inspirational Prayers from Sepulchre Candles
Enriching Worship
Walk With Me Our Journey 



No comments:

Post a Comment