Thursday, January 11, 2018

It's all about love and God's love today!



Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursady! I don't have many words except to say that I love you and that is what today's message is all about! It's all about love and God's love! This is what we are called to do always! So let our meditation today be on love and being loving to this fragile and broken world as God's servants and God's Beloved Community!

Let us first light one single candle of love and unity for the whole world! Let us come together in a sacred circle and hold holy space for one another in love!





Rejoicing in God’s love

Your steadfast love is wonderful:
therefore I treasure your wisdom.
When your word goes forth
it gives light and understanding to the simple.
I opened my mouth and drew in my breath,
for my delight was in your counsel.
Look upon me and show me kindness,
as is your joy for those who love your name.
Keep my steps steady in your word,
and so shall no wickedness get dominion over me.
Relieve me from the weight of oppression,
God'sand so shall I keep your commandments.
Show the light of your face upon your servant,
and teach me your way.
Psalm 119:129-135

O Gracious Light  Phos hilaron

O gracious Light,

pure brightness of the everliving Father in heaven,

O Jesus Christ, holy and blessed!

Now as we come to the setting of the sun,

and our eyes behold the vesper light,

we sing your praises, O God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You are worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices,

O Son of God, O Giver of life,

and to be glorified through all the worlds.



LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.

You are my other me.

Si te hago daño a ti,

If I do harm to you,

Me hago daño a mi mismo.

I do harm to myself.

Si te amo y respeto,

If I love and respect you,

Me amo y respeto yo.

I love and respect myself.

- Luis Valdez



Psalm 36:5-10

5

Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, *

 

and your faithfulness to the clouds.

 

 

6

Your righteousness is like the strong mountains,

 

your justice like the great deep; *

 

you save both man and beast, O Lord.

 

 

7

How priceless is your love, O God! *

 

your people take refuge under the shadow of your wings.

 

 

8

They feast upon the abundance of your house; *

 

you give them drink from the river of your delights.

 

 

9

For with you is the well of life, *

 

and in your light we see light.

 

 

10

Continue your loving-kindness to those who know you, *

 

and your favor to those who are true of heart.


Philippians 2:1-4 (NRSV)

If there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete: be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.

Canticle N

A Song of God’s Love 

1 John 4:7-11

Beloved, let us love one another, *

for love is of God.

Whoever does not love does not know God, *

for God is Love.

In this the love of God was revealed among us, *

that God sent his only Son into the world,

so that we might live through Jesus Christ.

In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *

and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.

Beloved, since God loved us so much, *

we ought also to love one another.

For if we love one another, God abides in us, *

and God’s love will be perfected in us.

Mark 12:28-34a (NRSV)

One of the scribes came near and heard the Sadducees disputing with one another, and seeing that Jesus answered them well, he asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?” Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Then the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that ‘he is one, and besides him there is no other’; and ‘to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength,’ and ‘to love one’s neighbor as oneself,’—this is much more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” When Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

Canticle 21

You are God Te Deum laudamus

You are God: we praise you;

You are the Lord: we acclaim you;

You are the eternal Father:

All creation worships you.

To you all angels, all the powers of heaven,

Cherubim and Seraphim, sing in endless praise:

Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might,

heaven and earth are full of your glory.

The glorious company of apostles praise you.

The noble fellowship of prophets praise you.

The white-robed army of martyrs praise you.

Throughout the world the holy Church acclaims you;

Father, of majesty unbounded,

your true and only Son, worthy of all worship,

and the Holy Spirit, advocate and guide.

You, Christ, are the king of glory,

the eternal Son of the Father.

When you became man to set us free

you did not shun the Virgin’s womb.

You overcame the sting of death

and opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.

You are seated at God’s right hand in glory.

We believe that you will come and be our judge.

Come then, Lord, and help your people,

bought with the price of your own blood,

and bring us with your saints

to glory everlasting.

John 15:9-17 (NRSV)

Jesus said to his disciples, “As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete. This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father. You did not choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask him in my name. I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another.”


Canticle 15

The Song of Mary Magnificat

Luke 1:46-55

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,

my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *

for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.

From this day all generations will call me blessed: *

you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,

and holy is your name.

You have mercy on those who fear you *

from generation to generation.

You have shown strength with your arm *

and scattered the proud in their conceit,

Casting down the mighty from their thrones *

and lifting up the lowly.

You have filled the hungry with good things *

and sent the rich away empty.

You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *

for you have remembered your promise of mercy,

The promise made to our forebears, *

to Abraham and his children for ever.



Let us now pray to the God who is Love with our hearts and heart homes open with love, hope, peace, and joy.

God of  love  teach us how to love one another boldly with out fear.


God  of love help us to hold each other's hands united it the bonds that make us family.

God of  love we pray for peace int this world and that was and divisions may cease.

God of  Love give us strength and courage to see ourselves and each other as the beautiful children whom you have made.

God of love take the hands of those who are dying and gently lead them into you heavenly realm.

God of  Love infuse our hearts with love so that we may lovingly respond to the needs of  our most vulnerable family members.

God of Love lovingly enfold all those who are grieving the losses of family and friends.

God of  Love heal all those who are ill and especially those who have cancer and all chronic illnesses.

God of Love help us to answer your call with a resounding yes! 

God of Love teach us to give ourselves permission to rest, relax, and renew.  

God of Love we pray for_______________________________

God of Love surround all those who are caregivers and those who are called to protect and keep us safe.

God of Love teach all leaders of all the nations in the ways of justice,peace, and love.  Help them to use loving and kind voices. May they hear the cries of those seeking justice, peace, universal human rights, and equality at all levels of life.

In the name of Christ Jesus who is Love Made fully Human and Divine we offer these our prayers.


Prayer bidding: Let us pray for peace and unity in this world and for those whom you'd like us to pray. I love you all!

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

For those we Love

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Wisdom of God the Love of God and the Grace of God strengthen you to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world, in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen. (source: Celtic) 

++++++++++


Good Night Beloved Community! I love you!


With love and more love and gracious thanksgiving!

Sara



Resources 

E Common Prayer

A New Zealand Prayer Book

Enriching Our Worship

Walk With Me On Our Journey 

Satucket Lectionary page

In Lak 'Ech - Luis Valdez




No comments:

Post a Comment