Tuesday, February 5, 2019

How we can love and serve others , the least of these, and our family members who are our daily encounters with God?




Good Evening Dear Ones!

Last evening we talked about caring for the least of these and I asked us to make out our lists and what we could do to serve God through them. How did you do? My list is simple and it use the the same letters in the word C.A.L.M. :
Connect with them  by empathetic and loving means
Acknowledge their existence by speaking to them, looking them in the eye, refuse to treat anyone as invisible ones.
Learn about their lives and let them know that you are present for them.
Master the art of being their caregiver, advocate, and reach out and be their family members when no one else won't.

When you do this you will have become Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful.  So let us begin our time of worship and discover God's presence indwelling in each and every one of us. 



So let us ponder these quotes and find out how to be servants of God to this fragile and broken world. 

"Take care of brothers and sisters who are weaker ... the elderly, the sick, the hungry, the homeless and strangers, because we will be judged on this." ~ Pope Francis

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day." ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"Serve humanity, regardless of religion. Show solidarity for those suffering and oppressed." ~ Tariq Ramadan

"Shower your unconditional love even if it might be a stranger" ~ Sivaji Ganesan

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others." ~ Danny Thomas

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Winston Churchill

"If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." ~ Maya Angelou

"One person caring about another represents life's greatest value." ~ Jim Rohn

"Even though the discples were not aware of it, the presence was with them while they were reviewing the scriptures together on the road. Henceforth, we will catch only a fleeting glimpse of it -- in the study of sacred writings, in other human beings, in liturgy, and in communion with strangers. But these moments remain us that our fellow men and women are themselves sacred; there is something about them taht is worthy of absolute reverence, is in the last resort mysterious, and we will always elude us." ~ Karen Armstrong


"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." ~ Mahatma Gandhi


"There is a difference between feeding someone and eating dinner with them. If every Christian at home just made room for the stranger we would end homelessness overnight." ~ Shane Claiborne

Come let us worship:

"Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort me and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger." ~ Saint Patrick

From the rising of the sun to its setting my name is great among the nations, and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a pure offering; for my name is great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts.Malachi 1:11

It is the God who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

"...of whom I can say with a grateful heart, 'I was hungry, and he gave me meat; I was thirsty, and he gave me drink; I was a stranger, and he took me in.'" ~ Frederick Douglass
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

"…for a true Christian, all strangers are Jesus." ~ A.A. Attanasio


Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (adapted)


You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created. Revelation 4:11

Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for thse who abuse you. Do good and lend, expecting nothing in return; for God is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish. 
Be merciful as your father is merciful. Judge not and you will not be judged. Condemn not and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. 
Give and it will be given to you; for the measure you give will be the measure you receive. From Luke 6:27-38

One thing I have asked of the Lord, which I long for: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on your beauty O Lord: and to seek you in your temple.Psalm 27:4,5

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Let us light our candles and enter into God's loving  presence as we meditate, make vigil, and  be at prayer!

INVOCATION -St. Augustine

O Love of God, descend into my heart;
Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling,
And scatter there Your cheerful beams.
Dwell in the soul that longs to be Your temple;
Water that barren soil overrun with weeds and briars
And lost for lack of cultivating.
Make it fruitful with Your dew.

Come, dear Refreshment of those who languish;
Come, Star and Guide of those who sail amidst tempests.
You are the Haven of the tossed and shipwrecked.
Come now, Glory and Crown of the living,
As well as the Safeguard of the dying.
Come, Sacred Spirit;
Come, and make me fit to receive You.

LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES (Anonymous Prayers)

Lest I forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest I forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest I forget You, the God of our forebears who is our God also: I light this candle of remembrance.

For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work: I light this candle of consecration.

May each flame upon the altar of freedom’s faith shine in our hearts always, reminding us of the fearful places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in moments of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.



WALK WITH JOY - From Prayers for Today 

O God, who turns into morning the shadows of the night; may we be children of the light and of the day. Enlighten our reason, make clear our conscience, and purify our affections. We give ourselves to You this day, praying that we may be so governed by You that faithless distrust and all evil thoughts may be driven from our minds; that we may walk with joy in the light of Your countenance.

YOU HAVE LOVED US FIRST -Soren Kierkegaard

Great Companion, You have loved us first.
May we never forget that You are love,
So that this sure conviction might triumph in our hearts
Over the whirling of the world,
Over the inquietude of the soul,
Over the anxiety for the future,
Over the fright of the past,
Over the distress of the moment.
May this conviction discipline our soul
So that our hearts might remain faithful and sincere
In the love which we bear to all those we love as ourselves.



133 Ecce, quam bonum!

1 Oh, how good and pleasant it is, *
when brethren live together in unity!

2 It is like fine oil upon the head *
that runs down upon the beard,

3 Upon the beard of Aaron, *
and runs down upon the collar of his robe.

4 It is like the dew of Hermon *
that falls upon the hills of Zion.

5 For there the Lord has ordained the blessing: *
life for evermore.


1 Kings 17:1-16

Elijah Predicts a Drought

17Now Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe* in Gilead, said to Ahab, ‘As the Lord the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.’ 2The word of the Lord came to him, saying, 3‘Go from here and turn eastwards, and hide yourself by the Wadi Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. 4You shall drink from the wadi, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.’ 5So he went and did according to the word of the Lord; he went and lived by the Wadi Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. 6The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the wadi. 7But after a while the wadi dried up, because there was no rain in the land.
The Widow of Zarephath

8 Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying, 9‘Go now to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and live there; for I have commanded a widow there to feed you.’ 10So he set out and went to Zarephath. When he came to the gate of the town, a widow was there gathering sticks; he called to her and said, ‘Bring me a little water in a vessel, so that I may drink.’ 11As she was going to bring it, he called to her and said, ‘Bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.’ 12But she said, ‘As the Lord your God lives, I have nothing baked, only a handful of meal in a jar, and a little oil in a jug; I am now gathering a couple of sticks, so that I may go home and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.’ 13Elijah said to her, ‘Do not be afraid; go and do as you have said; but first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me, and afterwards make something for yourself and your son. 14For thus says the Lord the God of Israel: The jar of meal will not be emptied and the jug of oil will not fail until the day that the Lord sends rain on the earth.’ 15She went and did as Elijah said, so that she as well as he and her household ate for many days. 16The jar of meal was not emptied, neither did the jug of oil fail, according to the word of the Lord that he spoke by Elijah.

A Song of the Wilderness
Isaiah 35:1-7,10
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, *
the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
It shall blossom abundantly, *
and rejoice with joy and singing.
They shall see the glory of the Lord, *
the majesty of our God.
Strengthen the weary hands, *
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to the anxious, “Be strong, do not fear! *
Here is your God, coming with judgment to save you.”
Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, *
and the ears of the deaf be unstopped.
Then shall the lame leap like a deer, *
and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness *
and streams in the desert;
The burning sand shall become a pool *
and the thirsty ground, springs of water.
The ransomed of God shall return with singing, *
with everlasting joy upon their heads.
Joy and gladness shall be theirs, *
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

1 Peter 1:13-16

13 Therefore prepare your minds for action;* discipline yourselves; set all your hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed. 14Like obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires that you formerly had in ignorance. 15Instead, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; 16for it is written, ‘You shall be holy, for I am holy.’

A Song of the Spirit
Revelation 22:12-17

“Behold, I am coming soon,” says the Lord,
“and bringing my reward with me, *
to give to everyone according to their deeds.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, *
the beginning and the end.”
Blessed are those who do God’s commandments,
that they may have the right to the tree of life, *
and may enter the city through the gates.
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to you, *
with this testimony for all the churches.
“I am the root and the offspring of David, *
I am the bright morning star.”
“Come!” say the Spirit and the Bride; *
“Come!” let each hearer reply!
Come forward, you who are thirsty, *
let those who desire take the water of life as a gift.

Romans 10:14-21

 But how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him? And how are they to proclaim him unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’ But not all have obeyed the good news; for Isaiah says, ‘Lord, who has believed our message?’ So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ.

 But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have; for
‘Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
   and their words to the ends of the world.’ 
Again I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says,
‘I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation;
   with a foolish nation I will make you angry.’ 
Then Isaiah is so bold as to say,
‘I have been found by those who did not seek me;
   I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.’ 
But of Israel he says, ‘All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.’


The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Luke 9:51-62

A Samaritan Village Refuses to Receive Jesus

51 When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. 52And he sent messengers ahead of him. On their way they entered a village of the Samaritans to make ready for him; 53but they did not receive him, because his face was set towards Jerusalem. 54When his disciples James and John saw it, they said, ‘Lord, do you want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?’* 55But he turned and rebuked them. 56Then* they went on to another village.

Would-Be Followers of Jesus

57 As they were going along the road, someone said to him, ‘I will follow you wherever you go.’ 58And Jesus said to him, ‘Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.’ 59To another he said, ‘Follow me.’ But he said, ‘Lord, first let me go and bury my father.’ 60But Jesus* said to him, ‘Let the dead bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.’ 61Another said, ‘I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.’ 62Jesus said to him, ‘No one who puts a hand to the plough and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.’

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem
Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22

Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *
I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *
and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, *
she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *
diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; *
I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, *
for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, *
therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, *
therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,*
and with it will I offer praise to God.


Collect of the Day:
O God our light and salvation, who makes all free to worship you: May we ever strive to be faithful to your call, following the example of Roger Williams and Anne Hutchinson, that we may faithfully set our hands to the Gospel plow, confident in the truth proclaimed by your Son Jesus Christ; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

God our shield and armor of light, whom we adore with all the angelic host: defend us from evil; watch over any who are in danger this night and give your angels charge over them; and grant that we may always rejoice in your heavenly protection and serve you bravely in the world; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen. 

“Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
no feet but yours,
Yours are the eyes through which to look out
Christ's compassion to the world
Yours are the feet with which he is to go about
doing good;
Yours are the hands with which he is to bless men now.” 
― Teresa of Ávila


“Let nothing disturb you, nothing frighten you, all things are passing, God is unchanging. Patience gains all; nothing is lacking to those who have God: God alone is sufficient.” 
― Teresa of Ávila

          Prayers  for The forgotten ones-Let us remember and never forget

Dear God we pray this night for all of our family members in this world who have disappeared by unjust governments. We remember all those in Argentina and all other countries where this has occurr

Lord God we pray for all  of our Family Members who have been kidnapped by human traffickers that they may be found and returned to their family members safe and sound

Lord God watch over all our family members who have run away and who haven't been in contact with their loved ones. We pray for our family members safety and comfort and consolation for their family and friends who miss and love them very much.

Lord We pray for all missing and exploited children that they may be found alive and if that isn't possible please let them be found so that their families may have resolution to these heart breaking mysteries.

Lord God we pray for all murdered family members who are in cold case files. We pray for an earnest review of these cases that there may be resolution and the criminals brought to justice.

Lord God we pray for prison and mental health reform.

We pray that all missing family members may be afforded Amber Alert Status and that the media will keep our hearts and minds focused on these dear ones.

We pray for all of us  who have been victimized by predators, assailants,  by those known and unknown to us.

We pray for safe cities, towns, roads, sidewalks, neighborhoods and all other areas where we plant our foot steps or drive to that we may be alert to danger and get the help we need.

We pray especially for all communities touched by violence remembering_____________________

We pray for the victims/ survivors of violence of any kind. remembering______________________

We pray for all countries that have been destroyed by unjust leaders remembering_______________

We pray for the safety of all family members attending or participating in the Olympics.

We pray for our elderly, disabled, memory challenged, and those with mental illness that they may be kept safe from harm.

We continue to pray for all of our family members who are beset by the extreme and cold weather. We pray for warmer temperatures that will thaw without flooding.

We remember all of our family members who have had surgery or are awaiting surgery. Remember all those who are ill and on our hearts today.

We pray for all who continue to travel in cold weather and those who will be traveling to celebrate the lives of loved ones who have entered into joy

We pray for the homeless, the lonely, the lost, the misunderstood, and our family members who feel like they are outcast and don't fit in. We remember especially Buena Vista Vince and Kimberly.

Lord God we pray and remember Kristen Smart and her family who would like resolution to Kristen's disappearance.

Lord we pray for______________________________

Lord we give thanks for__________________________

Lord we celebrate________________________________

Lord we remember especially those in the Thin Places remembering_________________ and our family members who continue to grieve and remember them.

All these prayers we send heavenward to you  O Lord knowing that you are already remembering our family members and sending people to comfort and console your children. All this we ask in the name of God the Creator, Redeemer, and Holy Comforter. Amen.


Or these



                A Weekend of  Prayer  For the Peace and Unity of the World

We pray for healing of God's Cathedral of Life and divisions between all of the Family of God that we may all be united in Love and Purpose to come together and work to be good stewards for the common good of all and of all living things.

We continue to pray for rain to heal our drought parched land and the gifts that rain brings to your Cathedral of Life.

For ourselves and what ever is on our hearts and minds tonight and this weekend.
We pray for peace and unity of the World
We pray for our homeless, hungry, poor, marginalized, and oppressed family members.
We pray for all those who are awaiting surgery
We Pray for all of our family members who are living with chronic illness and pain.
For our family members throughout the world
For those who are the unloved and unlovable
For our enemies who are our family members
For those who hate and bully and for the victims of hate crimes and the bullied.
For the LGBTQ community throughout the world who are in danger and lack the human and civil rights that our other family members have.
For a the Nations of the World and their  Governmental leaders that their hearts  may be softened to what is right and that they may grant equal rights to everyone.


We pray for Syria, South Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine and all areas of the world that aren't safe 


May we all be good examples of  loving and compassionate witness of God's Love and Good News to our family members throughout the world.

We continue to pray for all of us who are victims/survivors of assault and  abuse and that we may have the support we need to go forward in confidence  and without fear.

For all those whom we love______________________

For our many blessings we give God thanks for_____________________

We celebrate________________________________

We  remember those who have entered the Thin Places especially__________________

Lord God Enliven our Spirits, Quicken our Steps, Enlarge and tenderize our hearts so that we may feel  Your Living Water of Life coursing through our veins to do your will and in answer you call to love and serve all of your family O God,  in all that we do or say this day and always. Amen.

From the New Zealand Prayer Book
Song of Simeon
Nunc Dimittis

Preserve us, O God, while waking, 
and guard us while sleeping, 
that awake we may watch with Christ, 
and asleep may rest in your peace.

Praise be to God, I have lived to see this day.
God’s promise is fulfilled, and my duty done.
At last you have given me peace,
for I have seen with my own eyes 
the salvation you have prepared for all nations - 
a light to the world in its darkness, 
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory be God, sustaining, redeeming, sanctifying, 
as in the beginning, so now, and for ever. 
Amen.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil.For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and for ever.    Amen.

Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom  sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, now and for ever. Amen.

Lord, 
it is night.
The night is for stillness. 
Let us be still in the presence of God.
It is night after a long day. 
What has been done has been done; 
what has not been done has not been done; 
let it be.
The night is dark. 
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives 
rest in you. 
The night is quiet. 
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us, 
all dear to us, 
and all who have no peace.
The night heralds the dawn. 
Let us look expectantly to a new day, 
new joys, 
new possibilities.
In your name we pray.

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

To God the Creator, 
who loved us first and gave this world to be our home,
to God the Redeemer,
who loves us and by dying and rising 
pioneered the way of freedom, 
to God the Sanctifier, 
who spreads the divine love in our hearts, 
be praise and glory for time and for eternity.

The Wisdom of God the Love of God
and the Grace of God strengthen you to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen. (source: Celtic) 

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21 

+++++
Tidbits from the Northumbria Community!


Today’s Meditation

When I look at the blood
all I see is love, love, love.
When I stop at the cross
I can see the love of God.
But I can’t see competition.
I can’t see hierarchy.
I can’t see pride or prejudice
or the abuse of authority.
I can’t see lust for power.
I can’t see manipulation.
I can’t see rage or anger
or selfish ambition.
I can’t see unforgiveness.
I can’t see hate or envy.
I can’t see stupid fighting
or bitterness, or jealousy.
I can’t see empire building.
I can’t see self-importance.
I can’t see back-stabbing
or vanity or arrogance.
I see surrender, sacrifice, salvation,
humility, righteousness, faithfulness, grace, forgiveness,
love! Love … love…
When I stop! … at the cross
I can see the love of God.
Godfrey Birtill
ff
Cuthbert, a shepherd lad looking after his flock on the Lammermuir hills, had an angelic vision coinciding with the death of Aidan which convinced him that he was meant to follow Christ as surely as the beloved founder of Lindisfarne Abbey. He became a monk at Melrose Abbey, under the guidance of Boisil. Cuthbert later succeeded him as Prior. Later in his life Cuthbert became a dearly-loved bishop at Lindisfarne, from where, until his death in 687, he loved to retreat in solitude to pray and fast on the Farne Islands.
If this Compline is being used in a group setting the * notation indicates a change of reader; words in bold are said all together; words in bold italic are said by each person in turn; and + indicates where you might make the sign of the cross.
+ (silently)
* I will lie down and sleep in peace
for You alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.
O God, and Spirit, and Jesu, the Three,
from the crown of my head, O Trinity,
to the soles of my feet mine offering be.
Come I unto Thee, O Jesu, my King –
O Jesu, do Thou be my sheltering.
My dear ones, O God, bless Thou and keep,
in every place where they are.
* Whoever has chosen to make
the shelter of the Most High their dwelling place
will stay in His over-shadowing.
* He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I am trusting Him.
* He will rescue you from the traps laid for your feet,
and save you from the destroying curse.
* His faithful promises are your armour.
You need no longer be afraid of any terror by night,
or the death-arrow that flies by day.
* The Lord Himself is your refuge;
you have made the Most High your stronghold.
* Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for You are my crag and my stronghold.
* How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
I will not lie down tonight with sin,
nor shall sin
nor sin’s shadow
lie down with me.
O God of life, this night,
O darken not to me Thy light.
O God of life, this night,
close not Thy gladness to my sight.
O God of life, this night,
Thy door to me, O shut not tight,
O God of life, this night.
* Be it on Thine own beloved arm,
O God of grace,
that I in peace shall waken.
* Jesu, Son of Mary!
my helper, my encircler.
Jesu, Son of David!
my strength everlasting.
Jesu, Son of Mary!
my helper, my encircler.
The peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.
+++++
Good Night All! Tomorrow we go deeper into our lists and find what God is calling us to do. I love you.
With Love and a Grateful Heart,
Sara

Resources Commonly Used:


Watch this space as we join the Good Book Club and read Romans for the season of Epiphany!

Tomorrow: 

Romans 11:1-10

Israel’s Rejection Is Not Final

I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin.God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?‘Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars; I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.’ But what is the divine reply to him? ‘I have kept for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.’ So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
 What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, as it is written,
‘God gave them a sluggish spirit,
   eyes that would not see
   and ears that would not hear,
down to this very day.’
And David says,
‘Let their table become a snare and a trap,
   a stumbling-block and a retribution for them;
let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,
   and keep their backs for ever bent.’





A to Z Quotes
Book of Occasional Services 

Northumbria Community

Enjoy perusing this site. 

Satucket Lectionary Page (NRSV) 
Today's Saint of the Day:  
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1 and 2
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Metis Aboriginal Ministries








No comments:

Post a Comment