Saturday, February 16, 2019

Our Saturday Night Vigil is Here! Let us be at prayer!




Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy Vigil Time! I hope everyone is ready for prayer  and reflection. Tonight we will suspend with the quotes and spend time in a period of mindfulness exercises. If you have a timer, Tibetan Singing bowl app,or instrumental/ chant music please set it for a time of your choosing. Following this time of quiet and mind emptying we will engage in "The Be Stills"

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Let us light our candles and turn on our porch lights and be at prayer. 

LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES -Anonymous

Lest I forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest I forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest I forget You, the God of our forebears who is our God also: I light this candle of remembrance.

For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work: I light this candle of consecration.

May each flame upon the altar of freedom’s faith shine in our hearts always, reminding us of the fearful places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in moments of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.


INVOCATION - St. Augustine

O Love of God, descend into my heart;
Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling,
And scatter there Your cheerful beams.
Dwell in the soul that longs to be Your temple;
Water that barren soil overrun with weeds and briars
And lost for lack of cultivating.
Make it fruitful with Your dew.

Come, dear Refreshment of those who languish;
Come, Star and Guide of those who sail amidst tempests.
You are the Haven of the tossed and shipwrecked.
Come now, Glory and Crown of the living,
As well as the Safeguard of the dying.
Come, Sacred Spirit;
Come, and make me fit to receive You.


God of all love we come together tonight to accept your call to light our candles and pray. We pray this night to be loving towards one another. We pray this night for guidance in how we can best serve you in the world. We pray that we may be more giving of ourselves to others. We pray that we may be able to be hopeful and hope-filled to this fragile and broken world. We pray that we may shine your light and help people out of the dark places they find themselves in. We pray that we may be supportive in what ever decisions people make,  We pray for the least of these who struggle with the day to day issues of living. We pray that everyone will be lovingly included and not excluded and invisible. We pray that we may be peacemakers and children of God. We pray that we may "Strive for justice, and respect the dignity of every human being"* We pray that we may build bridges and tear down walls. We pray for the courage to speak truth to power. We pray for an end to hatred, violence and terror. We pray that we may use our voices not to hurt but to heal. We pray this night that we all may be one and that we may continue to pray for ___________ and all places where terror and violence have occurred even when the media fails to report it. May we all be one with those who mourn and stand vigil for the peace of the world and in the places where there is danger. God we lift up these prayers to you with hurting hearts, open hands up lifted, with loving care and voices. Amen.


According to the riches of God’s glory, may you be strengthened with the might through the Holy Spirit in your inner being, and may Christ dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled with the fulness of God.Ephesians 3:16-19






                                      

The Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh: A Litany for Peace

As we are together praying for Peace, let us be truly with each other.
Silence
Let us pay attention to our breathing.
Silence
Let us be relaxed in our bodies and our minds.
Silence
Let us return to ourselves and become wholly ourselves.
Silence
Let us be aware of the Source of Being common to us all and to all that is.
Silence
Evoking the presence of the Great Companion, let us fill our hearts with our own compassion—towards ourselves and toward all living beings.
Silence
Let us pray that all living beings realize that they are all nourished from the same Source of Life.
Silence
Let us pray that we ourselves cease to be the cause of needless suffering.
Silence
Let us pray that we may live in a way which will not needlessly deprive other living beings of air, water, food, shelter, or the chance to live in health.
Silence
With reverence for Life and with awareness of the sufferings that are going on around us, let us pray for the establishment of peace in our hearts and on earth.



In Lak 'Ech

Tú eres mi otro yo.

You are my other me.

Si te hago daño a ti,

If I do harm to you,

Me hago daño a mi mismo.

I do harm to myself.

Si te amo y respeto,

If I love and respect you,

Me amo y respeto yo.

I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez





How good and pleasant a thing it is when God’s people live together in unity. Psalm 133:1

"We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better." ~ Thurgood Marshall


"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." - Henri Nouwen


A Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.






Confession of Need

Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.

Silence

Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.

May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

MAKE ME AN INSTRUMENT OF YOUR PEACE -St. Francis of Assisi

God, make me an instrument of Your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy.

Great Friend,

May I not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

To be understood as to understand;

To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.



136 Confitemini

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

2 Give thanks to the God of gods, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

4 Who only does great wonders, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

5 Who by wisdom made the heavens, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

6 Who spread out the earth upon the waters, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

7 Who created great lights, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

8 The sun to rule the day, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

9 The moon and the stars to govern the night, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

10 Who struck down the firstborn of Egypt, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

11 And brought out Israel from among them, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

12 With a mighty hand and a stretched-out arm, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

13 Who divided the Red Sea in two, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

15 But swept Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

16 Who led his people through the wilderness, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

17 Who struck down great kings, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

18 And slew mighty kings, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

19 Sihon, king of the Amorites, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

20 And Og, the king of Bashan, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

21 And gave away their lands for an inheritance, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

22 An inheritance for Israel his servant, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

24 And delivered us from our enemies, *
for his mercy endures for ever;

25 Who gives food to all creatures, *
for his mercy endures for ever.

26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, *
for his mercy endures for ever.


Isaiah 61:10-62:5


10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
   my whole being shall exult in my God;
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
   he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,
   and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 
11 For as the earth brings forth its shoots,
   and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up,
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
   to spring up before all the nations. 

62 For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
   and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,
until her vindication shines out like the dawn,
   and her salvation like a burning torch. 
2 The nations shall see your vindication,
   and all the kings your glory;
and you shall be called by a new name
   that the mouth of the Lord will give. 
3 You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord,
   and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. 
4 You shall no more be termed Forsaken,*
   and your land shall no more be termed Desolate;*
but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her,*
   and your land Married;*
for the Lord delights in you,
   and your land shall be married. 
5 For as a young man marries a young woman,
   so shall your builder* marry you,
and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
   so shall your God rejoice over you.

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem
Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22
Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *
I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *
and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, *
she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *
diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; *
I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, *
for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, *
therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, *
therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,*
and with it will I offer praise to God.

2 Timothy 4:1-8

4In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 3For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths. 5As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully.

6 As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Romans 13:8-10

Love for One Another

 Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The commandments, ‘You shall not commit adultery; You shall not murder; You shall not steal; You shall not covet’; and any other commandment, are summed up in this word, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law.

A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11
Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.

Mark 10:46-52

46 They came to Jericho. As he and his disciples and a large crowd were leaving Jericho, Bartimaeus son of Timaeus, a blind beggar, was sitting by the roadside. 47When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out and say, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!’ 48Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even more loudly, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’ 49Jesus stood still and said, ‘Call him here.’ And they called the blind man, saying to him, ‘Take heart; get up, he is calling you.’ 50So throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. 51Then Jesus said to him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher,* let me see again.’ 52Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way. 

A Song of True Motherhood
Julian of Norwich
God chose to be our mother in all things *
and so made the foundation of his work,
most humbly and most pure, in the Virgin’s womb.
God, the perfect wisdom of all, *
arrayed himself in this humble place.
Christ came in our poor flesh *
to share a mother’s care.
Our mothers bear us for pain and for death; *
our true mother, Jesus, bears us for joy and endless life.
Christ carried us within him in love and travail, *
until the full time of his passion.
And when all was completed and he had carried us so for joy, *
still all this could not satisfy the power of his wonderful love.
All that we owe is redeemed in truly loving God, *
for the love of Christ works in us;
Christ is the one whom we love


I LAY BARE BEFORE YOU- Howard Thurman
The concern which I lay bare before You today is:
Whatever disaffection there is between me and those who are or have been very close to me—I would seek the root or cause of such disaffection, and with the illumination of Your mind, O God, to understand it.
I give myself to Your scrutiny that, whatever there may be in me that is responsible for what has happened, I will acknowledge.
Where I have wronged or given offense deliberately or without intention, I seek a face-to-face forgiveness.
What I can undo I am willing to try; what I cannot undo, with that I seek to make my peace.
How to do these things, what techniques to use, with what spirit—for these I need and seek Your wisdom and strength, O God.
Whatever disaffection there is between me and those who are or have been very close to me, I lay bare before You.


Prayers from a  blog I wrote 5 years ago today!

Lord help us to spend Sabbath time so that we may connect with you our Creator and be your creation.
Beside the still waters we take our rest.

Lord as we rest beside your still waters may we feel the Holy Spirit renewing our spirits and remind us that we are human beings not human doings. 

As we connect with you Lord may we reconnect with our family members all over the world and keep them in our hearts as we pray. Lord beside the still waters may we find each of us resting in your arms and finding peace with each other. 

Lord God be with us as we become more intentional in making right choices when we have our times of Sabbath.

Lord God we pray for all those who cannot find times of Sabbath and rest. We pray for all those who work on  Your Day of Rest. May we always be sensitive to those who cannot enjoy days off for rest, relaxation, and renewal for the refreshment of bodies, minds, and spirits.

We pray this night for all places where the weather that has gone haywire throughout the world. We pray for all people who are affected and in danger due to severe and strange weather. We pray for rain here in your drought parched land. 

We pray for sensitivity, empathy, and acceptance of all our family members who may not feel that sense of belonging only you can give through the loving actions of others.

We pray for all those who are ill and may need further examinations to find out what is wrong.

We pray for all who travel and for their safe return.

We pray for all parents and children who are being stressed out by unnecessary demands made on them by a get ahead society. We pray that they may find rest and reconnections as families and spouses.

We pray that we may find rest and renewal and may begin to come down from our mountain top or retreat experience with renewed intention and purpose to rest and take Sabbath time.

We pray for this night_________________________

We thank you Lord for all your many blessings remembering _____________________

We celebrate life, love, and times with all our family members and special times remembering________________

We offer special remembrances of family members who have entered to the place of heavenly joy and rest remembering_____________________

We pray that we may rest tonight in your loving arms and feel the Light of Christ Burning brightly in our spirits. All this we ask in Jesus most holy name. Amen.

or these

Tonight we remember in prayer the least of these:

Let us pause and meditate upon this picture.

 



God We Must Remember and Call to Mind the least of these ,always and hold them in our hearts forever.

The indigenous peoples of the world who are still denied rights and their rightful and dignified place in society.

The homeless who haven't any choice but to live and brave weather's elements that may be dangerous and inhospitable.

We pray for all aid agencies who care for the least of these remembering especially those agencies and organizations that are on your heart tonight__________.

The hungry who are forced to look for food in dumpsters and those who have been cut off from food stamps and social services.

The lonely who do not have comforting support systems and people who love them.

Our family members who live in Uganda, Nigeria, the Ukraine, Syria, South Sudan, Egypt, Afghanistan and Iraq.

For the LGBTQIA persons throughout the world who are in danger for their lives and deprived of their rights.

For our family members who struggle to live authentically as the beloved children of God and shine with the image and likeness of God.

For the chronically ill and in pain. Especially all those who have complex and rare diseases and disorders and the many autoimmune illnesses.

For those who are hospitalized, in assisted living, extended care, and  rehab facilities.

We pray for all of our family members who are in prison, correctional facilities of any kind and state mental hospitals.

We pray for all those being held captive by terrorist and other groups.

For those who are political prisoners, refugees, immigrants, the resident alien in our midst, and all those seeking asylum. For compassionate immigration reform.

For all those who are discriminated against may everyone be given equal rights and dignity.

For the mentally ill and memory challenged. For research into the causes of mental illness and memory disorders.

For the Elderly and all of us who care for aging parents. Help us to know when it is time to take away the car keys.

For caregivers of every stripe that they and we may practice good self-care of our bodies, minds, and spirits.

For all family members who are awaiting surgery or results of medical exams. Calm  our fears O Lord.

For those who suffer religious persecution of any kind in any faith community.

For all the least of these who haven't been mentioned we add___________________

We pray for our family members who have asked us to carry them in our hearts especially_________

We Give thanks for all these our many blessings_______________

We Celebrate new opportunities in our lives, churches, and most especially____________

We remember all our family members who are lying near death and those who have died today remembering________

We pray for all of our family members who are grieving any loss at anytime remembering_____________

We pray for all of our family members who are discerning vocations to holy orders and new life paths

Lord we lay these concerns in your gentle and loving arms this day and always! Amen.

The Beatitudes
5 When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them
that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory
for ever and ever.   Amen.

For the Diversity of Races and Cultures

O God, who created all peoples in your image, we thank you
for the wonderful diversity of races and cultures in this world.
Enrich our lives by ever-widening circles of fellowship, and
show us your presence in those who differ most from us, until
our knowledge of your love is made perfect in our love for all
your children; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, Mother, God,
Thank you for your presence
during the hard and mean days.
For then we have you to lean upon.
Thank you for your presence
during the bright and sunny days,
for then we can share that which we have
with those who have less.
And thank you for your presence
during the Holy Days, for then we are able
to celebrate you and our families
and our friends.
For those who have no voice,
we ask you to speak.
For those who feel unworthy,
we ask you to pour your love out
in waterfalls of tenderness.
For those who live in pain,
we ask you to bathe them
in the river of your healing.
For those who are lonely, we ask
you to keep them company.
For those who are depressed,
we ask you to shower upon them
the light of hope.
Dear Creator, You, the borderless
sea of substance, we ask you to give to all the
world that which we need most—Peace.

prayer - Maya Angelou

Christ has no body- St. Teresa of Avila

Christ has no body now on earth but yours; no hands but yours; no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which the compassion of Christ must look out on the world. Yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good. Yours are the hands with which He is to bless His people.


In your presence O God, we come together as one family of love. Give us courage to lay down the weaponry of hate and find common ground.
 
In your presence O God, take all the gunk in our lives that prevent us from truly serving you and the least of these. 
In your presence O God, give us courage to discern where you are sending us and help us to respond accordingly with "Here I am send me"! 
In your presence  O God, make us truly the Beloved Community intent upon serving you and our family members with CALM (Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy) 
In your presence O God, help us to stand fast and ready to speak truth to power and seek out ways to be the change you want to see in the world. 
In your presence O God, may we feel and know your love for us so that we may serve others.  In your presence O God, we offer these our prayers________________________________ 
In your presence O God we lift up these our prayers to you in the name of your only begotten Son Jesus. Amen.
We close our vigil with these prayers: 
The Woke Prayers of St. Francis 
Help us O God to be woke! Woke as your peacemakers, change makers, heart changers, and love energy bringers! 
Woke to the hatred so that we may sow seeds of love. Woke to the injury so that we may heal the hurt and cease the harm. 
Woke to the divisiveness that we may be eager to heal and unite as one neighborhood and family. 
Woke to uncertainty that will lead us to be renewed in faith.
Woke to the despair of all our neighbors so that we may sow seeds of radical hope, love, hospitality, and inclusion. 
Woke to the knowledge that we are God's beloved children. 
Woke to sing the words of We are One in The Spirit Peter Scholte
1- 
We are One in The Spirit, 
We are One in The Lord. 
We are One in The Spirit, 
We are One in The Lord. 
And we pray that all unity may one day be restored.
Chorus 
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, 
By our Love, 
Yes they'll know we are Christians by our love.
-2- 
We will work with each other, 
We will work side by side. 
We will work with each other, 
We will work side by side. 
And we'll guard each man's dignity 
And save each man's pride.
Chorus
-3- 
We will work with each other, 
We will work side by side. 
We will work with each other, 
We will work side by side. 
And we'll guard each man's dignity 
And save each man's pride.
Chorus
-3- 
We will walk with each other, 
We will walk hand in hand. 
We will walk with each other, 
We will walk hand in hand. 
And together we'll spread the News 
that God is in our land.
Help us to be woke enough not to think of ourselves being the comforted, help us be the comforters and wounded healers. 
Help not to be know it alls and be woke to understand what is plaguing our inner beings, neighbors, neighborhoods, the least of these, our family members.
God wake us up to be Woke to your agape love so that we may love everything that you have made.
 Wake us to be Woke to Radical Love, Hospitality, and inclusion.
Help us to know that being truly woke means being open to radical and random acts of kindness and giving. Where the giver is given and receives much by acts of giving. 
Help us to be woke enough to forgive and then find ourselves being actually forgiven  
God Wake us Up to Be Woke to know that death isn't the end but only the beginning of a new birth in your heavenly Kindom. Amen and let it be so! 

O God our shield and armor of light, whom we adore with all the angelic host: defend us from evil; watch over any who are in danger this night and give your angels charge over them; and grant that we may always rejoice in your heavenly protection and serve you bravely in the world; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen. 



The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

May I be filled with loving kindness.
May I be well.
May I be peaceful and at ease.
May I be happy.

ancient - tibetan buddhist - meditation

God’s Blessing be with you,
Christ’s peace be with you,
the Spirit’s outpouring be with you,
now and always. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.

gaelic blessing
See also Under a Dark Star by Fiona Macleod


Blessing, light, and glory surround us 
and scatter the darkness of the long and lonely night.


+++++++

+++++
It is time to focus this weekend's retreat on doable actions as the Beloved Community.
Our weekend toolkit! 
We begin tonight with the above but also our Worry Free Sabbath- Jar, box, and Journal work to let go and prepare our hearts for heart work. 
Blank non-ruled paper, Pens, Markers, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Bible, Journal, Community resource guide. Find out if your local newspaper has a volunteer section. Look for organizations that are aligned with your interests. Each one of us has gifts and skills that are from God and are unique to each one of us. 
Read this on spiritual gifts:
1 Corinthians 12 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
Spiritual Gifts
12 Now concerning spiritual gifts,[a] brothers and sisters,[b] I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, you were enticed and led astray to idols that could not speak. 3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says “Let Jesus be cursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit.
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the discernment of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are activated by one and the same Spirit, who allots to each one individually just as the Spirit chooses.
One Body with Many Members
12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in the one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.
14 Indeed, the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot would say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear would say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19 If all were a single member, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many members, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the members of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and those members of the body that we think less honorable we clothe with greater honor, and our less respectable members are treated with greater respect; 24 whereas our more respectable members do not need this. But God has so arranged the body, giving the greater honor to the inferior member, 25 that there may be no dissension within the body, but the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together with it; if one member is honored, all rejoice together with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers; then deeds of power, then gifts of healing, forms of assistance, forms of leadership, various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But strive for the greater gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.
Tomorrow and Monday: Let us sketch out our doable actions that will become the basis of our Lenten disciplines. Make them manageable for you. 

++++
Good night all! I love you! Have a blessed night.
Peace,love, and blessings,
Sara

Resources
Sojourners


ReclaimingJesus.org


Matthew25Pledge.com


Watch this space as we join the Good Book Club and read Romans for the season of Epiphany!
Monday:
Romans 13:11-14

An Urgent Appeal

 Besides this, you know what time it is, how it is now the moment for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we became believers; the night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armour of light; let us live honourably as in the day, not in revelling and drunkenness, not in debauchery and licentiousness, not in quarrelling and jealousy. Instead, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires. 





A to Z Quotes
Book of Occasional Services 

Northumbria Community

Enjoy perusing these sites. 

Bible Gateway for today's readings from: 
Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage (BCP)
Satucket Lectionary Page (NRSV) 
Today's readings:
Saint of the Day: Charles Quintard
Mighty God, we bless your Name for the example of your bishop Charles Todd Quintard, who persevered to reconcile the divisions among the people of his time: Grant, we pray, that your Church may ever be one, that it may be a refuge for all, for the honor of your Name; through Jesus Christ, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Eucharistic:
Tomorrow:

  Sunday:

Daily Office Readings

AM Psalm 66, 67; PM Psalm 19, 46 

Isa. 62:6-121 John 2:3-11John 8:12-19


Eucharistic Readings

February 17: Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany:

Psalm 1
Jeremiah 17:5-101 Corinthians 15:12-20Luke 6:17-26


Saint of the Day: 
Janani Luwum

Readings:

Ecclesiasticus 4:20–28
Psalm 119:41-48

John 12: 24-32
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1 and 2
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Metis Aboriginal Ministries


No comments:

Post a Comment