Sunday, November 22, 2020

We are given our living orders today! Our 3 week study of Matthew 25 is now complete ! But wait! We still have work to do!

 




Good Evening Beloved Ones!

Happy Sabbath. Tonight we complete the 3 week serial reading of the 25th chapter of the Gospel of Matthew commonly called"The Judgement of  the Nations". Jesus gives us our marching, no our living orders.

Tonight we continue  to use A Disciple's Prayer Book for our  Bible Study journal work. This week we will use only one Gospel Reading translation/version.  So let us begin. Here  is the format as found in A Disciple's Prayer Book. I will post the format here and then again as we begin our study:


Reflect and Respond to the Gospel of the Day
1. What word(s), idea(s), or sentence(s) stand out for
you in the Gospel of the Day?
(Reread the Gospel.)
2. What is Jesus (the Gospel) saying to you?
(Reread the Gospel.)

3. What is Jesus (the Gospel) calling you to do?

Journal questions this week: Where do you see the least of these? What is your community doing this holiday season in this time of pandemics? 


Tonight's Calendar Work.

Celtic Advent Calendar 2020! Yes it's here From Contemplative Cottage

November 22:

CS Lewis Day Appreciate an animal companion today and look for the Deeper Magic! Aslan Lives!! 


Tonight I ask us all to take the Matthew 25 Pledge again and again until poverty at home and abroad is vanquished. Here is the pledge.
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.

God, we pray this night for all who are houseless. Give us courage to find ways to help our family members in times of need and varieties of shelter to meet their needs.
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.
God, we pray for all who are food insecure and that we may seek ways to collaborate with food banks, SNAP, and Meals on Wheels programs. 
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.

God, we pray for education and job training programs for our family members who are older and disabled.
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.
God, we pray for all who have been caregivers, cancer patients where income is a problem and has led them into poverty through no fault of their own.
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.
God, we pray for all who are mentally ill and cannot find food, clothing, shelter and are being banished from city streets and buildings just by being who they are.
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.
God ,we pray for all who are living in domestic poverty of all kinds.
I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.
For whom and what shall we pray____________

We pray this day for everyone who traveled to the Hutto Detention Center, Stood up against Gun Violence,and _______________.

We  continue to pray for continued activism in the areas of Criminal Justice Reform, Peace Building, and Domestic Poverty.

We lift up these our prayers in Jesus Holy Name.


I pledge to protect and defend vulnerable people in the name of Jesus.

Let us light our eight Candle of Celtic Advent and pray for unity among all people and that we may strive to be as one in heart, mind, and spirit. 





Come let us worship.

Stay with us, Christ, for it is evening. Make your Church bright with your radiance.

O shout to the Lord in triumph all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness and come before his face with songs of joy.Psalm 100:1

Arise, O Jerusalem, stand upon the height and look toward the east, and see your children gathered from west and east at the word of the Holy One. Baruch 5:5

Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may spring up, and let it cause righteousness to sprout up also. Isaiah 45:8, NRSV

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.2 Timothy 1:7

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

You Lord are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name. Leave us not.Jeremiah 14:9

Joseph Barth: A Grace

We give thanks for Being;
We give thanks for being here;
We give thanks for being here together.


Alcuin: Eternal One


Eternal Light, shine into our hearts;
Eternal Goodness, deliver us from evil;
Eternal Power, be our support;
Eternal Wisdom, scatter the darkness of our ignorance:
That we may seek Your face
With all our heart and mind and soul and strength.


The Work of Christmas
Howard Thurman

When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:

To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers,
To make music in the heart.
Lord, Open unto me - Howard Thurman

Lord, open unto me
Open unto me – light for my darkness.
Open unto me – courage for my fear.
Open unto me – hope for my despair.
Open unto me – peace for my turmoil.
Open unto me – joy for my sorrow.
Open unto me strength for my weakness.
Open unto me – wisdom for my confusion
Open unto me – forgiveness for my sins.
Open unto me – love for my hates.
Open unto me – thy Self for my self.
Lord, Lord, open unto me!

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.


THE LIGHTING OF THE CANDLES -Anonymous

Lest we forget the great traditions of freedom and faith which are the heritage of humanity; lest we forget the pioneers, the statesmen, the bridge builders, the artists; and lest we forget You, the God of our fore bears who is our God also:

We light this candle of remembrance.

For the hope of a better world, in which righteousness and peace shall prevail among the people of the earth, and to create which is the task of the generations in which we stand, as well as for the courage and faith we shall need if we are to carry on this unfinished work:

We light this candle of consecration.

May the flame upon the altar of free faith shine in our hearts al ways, reminding us of the dark places to which we may carry light and strengthening us in every moment of doubt and discouragement with unwavering faith in You whom we serve and whose we are.


God when you called us into being, you made us in your image and likeness and that we were and are to be the Lights of the World help us we pray as we light these our candles tonight to shine our love lights into places where there is darkness. Give us strength we pray that we may have courage to shine those lights where we normally wouldn't see ourselves going. We pray for all of our family members who are in dangerous and terrifying places. We pray for an end to violence, terror, bullying, abuse, and degradation and division. We pray for a world renewed by peace, love, mercy, and clean water and a healthy environment. We pray for all of us who are brokenhearted and who need to have our wounds dressed and tenderly cared for. We pray that we may be the shoulders to lean upon and cry and the soft place in which to fall and feel safe. Give us the courage to be this place even to the least of these, our enemies, and those who hate us. God of all Compassion, Acceptance, Love and Mercy we offer our additional prayers and thanksgivings remembering_________________. God we lay these our prayers, and thanksgivings at the feet and arms of your Son Jesus. We also remember that The light and love of Christ in me recognizes the Light and love of Christ in You. Amen.


"I will light candles this Christmas, Candles of joy, despite all sadness, Candles of hope where despair keeps watch. Candles of courage where fear is ever present, Candles of peace for tempest-tossed days, Candles of grace to ease heavy burdens. Candles of love to inspire all my living, Candles that will burn all the year long." ~ Howard Thurman


"Listen to the long stillness: 
 New life is stirring 
 New dreams are on the wing 
 New hopes are being readied: 
 Humankind is fashioning a new heart 
 Humankind is forging a new mind 
 God is at work. 
 This is the season of Promise" ~ Howard Thurman


Here are 10 C.S. Lewis Quotes on Prayer

“Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done.” 
“It is much easier to pray for a bore than to go visit him.” 
“For most of us the prayer in Gethsemane is the only model. Removing mountains can wait.” 
“We must lay before him what is in us; not what ought to be in us.” 
“A concentrated mind and a sitting body make for better prayer than a kneeling body and a mind half asleep.”
“For prayer is request. The essence of request, as distinct from compulsion, is that it may or may not be granted.”  
“To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” 
“A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.” 
“You can't know, you can only believe—or not.”

It is the God who said, Let light shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our body. 2 Corinthians 4:6-10

Let us light our candles and walk in the light and enter silently into the Gratitude Zone and Give Thanks To God. Take time to continue or begin a gratitude journal and write down what you are grateful for during this retreat time. 


God you have reminded us that we are precious, help us to convey this to all the voiceless ones.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God you have reminded us that we are to be a forever and eternal family and as we are this we need to lovingly respond to the need of our family members. 
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God you teach us many things day by day. May we remember that we are each other's keeper.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God you love us unconditionally through and through. May we find the way to do this and model your example. May we have courage to speak the words I love you with warm hearts and light in our eyes.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak. 

God we pray for all who are ill and seeking healing. We pray and give thanks for healing that has already taken place. May we speak up for our family members who may not know how to advocate for themselves.
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

God we pray for ourselves and on behalf of others remembering especially_____________
May we lift up our voices with strength and loving compassion for those who cannot speak.

Jesus we come to you with our voices united in prayer for peace and lift up these our petitions and prayers in your Name. Amen.

The  Beatitudes  Matthew 5:3–12 
Matthew 5:3-12
New Revised Standard Version
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[a] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.
Luis Valdez




"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." - Henri Nouwen

"We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better." ~ Thurgood Marshall

 A Smudging Prayer
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. 
We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.



"Where refugees seek deliverance that never comesAnd the heart consumes itself as if it would live,Where children age before their timeAnd life wears down the edges of the mind,Where the old man sits with mind grown cold,While bones and sinew, blood and cell, go slowly down to death,Where fear companions each day's life,And Perfect Love seems long delayed.CHRISTMAS IS WAITING TO BE BORN:In you, in me, in all mankind." ~ Howard Thurman

An Irish Prayer


As I arise today,
may the strength of God pilot me,
the power of God uphold me,
the wisdom of God guide me.
May the eye of God look before me,
the ear of God hear me,
the word of God speak for me.
May the hand of God protect me,
the way of God lie before me,
the shield of God defend me,
the host of God save me.
May Christ shield me today.
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit,
Christ when I stand,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
Amen

Psalm 100

Jubilate Deo

Be joyful in the Lord, all you lands; *
serve the Lord with gladness
and come before his presence with a song.

2 Know this: The Lord himself is God; *
he himself has made us, and we are his;
we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.

3 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise; *
give thanks to him and call upon his Name.

4 For the Lord is good;
his mercy is everlasting; *
and his faithfulness endures from age to age.




Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24

Thus says the Lord God: I myself will search for my sheep, and will seek them out. As shepherds seek out their flocks when they are among their scattered sheep, so I will seek out my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places to which they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the watercourses, and in all the inhabited parts of the land. I will feed them with good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel shall be their pasture; there they shall lie down in good grazing land, and they shall feed on rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will make them lie down, says the Lord God. I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with justice.

Therefore, thus says the Lord God to them: I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. Because you pushed with flank and shoulder, and butted at all the weak animals with your horns until you scattered them far and wide, I will save my flock, and they shall no longer be ravaged; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.

I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd. And I, the Lord, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.

The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.

From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.

You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.

You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,

Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.

You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.

You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,

The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.



Psalm 95:1-7a

Venite, exultemus

Come, let us sing to the Lord; *
let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation.

2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving *
and raise a loud shout to him with psalms.

3 For the Lord is a great God, *
and a great King above all gods.

4 In his hand are the caverns of the earth, *
and the heights of the hills are his also.

5 The sea is his, for he made it, *
and his hands have molded the dry land.

6 Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee, *
and kneel before the Lord our Maker.

7 For he is our God,
and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.


Ephesians 1:15-23

I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, and for this reason I do not cease to give thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers. I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power. God put this power to work in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come. And he has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

A Song of Faith

1 Peter 1:3-4,18-21

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
by divine mercy we have a new birth into a living hope;

Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, *
we have an inheritance that is imperishable in heaven.

The ransom that was paid to free us *
was not paid in silver or gold,

But in the precious blood of Christ, *
the Lamb without spot or stain.

God raised Jesus from the dead and gave him glory *
so that we might have faith and hope in God.

Reflect and Respond to the Gospel of the Day
1. What word(s), idea(s), or sentence(s) stand out for
you in the Gospel of the Day?
(Reread the Gospel.)
2. What is Jesus (the Gospel) saying to you?
(Reread the Gospel.)
3. What is Jesus (the Gospel) calling you to do?

Matthew 25:31-46

Jesus said, “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

A Song of Christ’s Humility

Philippians 2:6-11


Though in the form of God, *
Christ Jesus did not cling to equality with God,

But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, *
and was born in human likeness.

Being found in human form, he humbled himself *
and became obedient to death, even death on a cross.

Therefore, God has highly exalted him *
and given him the name above every name,

That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, *
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, *
to the glory of God the Father.


The Lord’s Prayer or the alternative is said. From A New Zealand Prayer Book

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen.
Or
Eternal Spirit,
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world!
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings!
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and for ever. Amen.

Hymn

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing

Almighty and everlasting God, whose will it is to restore all things in your well-beloved Son, the King of kings and Lord of lords: Mercifully grant that the peoples of the earth, divided and enslaved by sin, may be freed and brought together under his most gracious rule; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Almighty God,

the Redeemer of all who trust in you;

give heed to the cry of your people,

deliver us from the bondage of sin

that we may serve you in perfect freedom

and rejoice in your unfailing love;

through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Amen (ANZPB)

Gracious God we come to you this night with many things on our hearts and minds. Lift our spirits as we reflect upon our celebration of Thanksgiving and the end of the Church Year looking forward into the season of Advent. May we see each of these as times of joyful expectation.

Gracious God we pray for our family throughout the world and that peace may prevail everywhere and in our own country.

Gracious God  we pray for  understanding between all peoples and that we begin to not be afraid of race, creed, color, gender, or sexual orientation.

Gracious God we offer our prayers and thanksgivings to you  remembering especially____________

Gracious God we pray for the least of these that they may find safe shelter, warm meals, and protective clothing. We pray that we may see you in them as we serve and love them without fear and judgement.

Gracious God we pray for all who travel and that the weather will be in their favor.

Gracious God may we always be thankful and have an attitude of gratitude.

We pray these prayers and offer them in the Name of your Only Son who taught us the true meaning of thanksgiving by instituting the Holy Eucharist which means Holy Thanksgiving. Amen.

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.
Prayer for the Faithful by Saint Patrick

May the Strength of God guide us.
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Angels of God guard us.
- Against the snares of the evil one.

May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
May Christ be in us,
Christ be over all!

May Thy Grace, Lord,
Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and forevermore. Amen.


My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following Your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please You
does in fact please You.
And I hope that I have that desire
in all that I am doing.

And I know that if I do this,
You will lead me by the right road
although I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust You always,
though I may seem to be lost
and in the shadow of death,
I will not fear, for You are ever with me,
and will never leave me
to face my perils alone.

Thomas Merton


Gaelic Prayer: Ancient Blessing
May the blessing of light be on you, light without and light within. May the blessed Sunlight shine on you and warm your heart until it glows, so that a stranger may come and be warmed by it, and also a friend. May the light shine out of the two eyes of you like a candle set in two windows of a house, bidding the wanderer to come in out of the storm.

May the blessing of the Rain be on you-soft, sweet rain. May it fall upon your spirit so that flowers may spring up. And may the Great Rains be on you. May they beat upon your spirit and wash it fair and clean, and leave there many a shining pool where the blue of heaven shines reflected, and sometimes a star.

May the blessing of the Earth be on you-the great and round earth. May you have a kindly greeting for folks you pass as you’re going along the roads. May the earth be soft under you when you lie upon it, tired at the close of the day.
+++++

We continue these questions throughout the Advent Season.
 
Every thing we do in service to God and with God needs to be reflected upon before we take action and afterwards. We need to ask ourselves these questions:
Are we doing it to glorify God or our ego?
Will our actions bring us closer to God as represented in the lives of our family members?
Are we going to be enthusiastic risk takers and get out of our comfort zones and comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable?
Are we going to become holy bridge builders?
Are we going to follow Jesus and use him as the compass in being the change in this fragile and broken world?
Are our motives pure?
Are our actions going to be rooted in  Micah 6:8, The Beatitudes and Matthew 25?
+++

Good Night All! I love you and give God thanks for you this day and always! Let us lace up our shoes and put on an attitude of gratitude and fearlessly with Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy walk into and through the Gratitude Zone this weekend and always.

Now let us  begin relaxing our bodies by unwinding, breathing, doing some relaxation exercises that will make you feel de-stressed.

After this let us listen to this Ravi Shankar Chants of India  or this Relaxation: Relaxing Nature Sounds and Tibetan Chakra Meditation Music for Relaxation Meditation

As we listen we begin to prepare to pray and give thanks for the days leading up to our weekend of  rest, relaxation, and renewal.



With love and a grateful heart,

Sara

Bonus Prayers

A Litany for Economic Justice - From Episcopal Peace Fellowship

Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice remembering immigrants, refugees and sojourners in our Bible story. From Eden, all have traveled to the lands of the Earth. The People of Israel crossed the Red Sea in search of freedom, answering the call of God. God of Noah, Abraham, Sarah and Hagar, open our hearts to refugees and sojourners around us. Will you remember our shared history as a refugee people?

People: We will, with God’s help.

Leader: We stand at the Wall of Injustices remembering Joseph, sold into slavery, First Nations Peoples forced from their lands, Africans captured, separated and sold for profit, the dispossession of Palestinians in the ongoing Nakba. We recognize that there are more displaced people on our planet today than at any time since World War II. Will you pray that the example of Jesus’ open table fellowship will inspire us to offer hospitality to strangers in our midst?

People: We will, with God’s help.

Leader: We stand before the Wall of Injustices praying for a spirit of abundance, to replace our fear of scarcity and our suspicion of the stranger. As Jesus stood with the workers in the vineyards calling for just wages, God calls us to stand with workers today, calling for living wages and just working conditions. Will you work and pray for abundant life to be shared among all members of the One Human Family?

People: We will, with God’s help.


Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind, in the waves, and in our hearts
Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind,in  the waves.
Be still and hear the whisper of God in the Wind.
Be still and hear the whisper of God.
Be still and hear the whisper.
Be still and hear.
Be still.
Be.

For the Human Family
O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.(BCP)

Resources

Satucket Lectionary Page - C.S. Lewis
A to Z Quotes
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship
Quote sites for prayers
Northumbria Community
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Contemplative Cottage -

The below are from the Northumbria Community

Celtic Advent: November 16th

This was the traditional beginning of monastic fasting and preparation for the feast of Christmas, reflecting Lent in lasting for forty days. We seek to prepare the way for the Lord to come right to the centre of our lives. Every valley and pot-hole should be filled in, every mountain and hill levelled and every obstacle removed. The mountains are the wrongs we do, and the pot-holes are the good things we fail to do.
It is said that the door to the stable where the Christ-child has been born is very low – and only those who kneel find access. Being ready for Christmas should mean that our thoughts are focused not just on letters, cards, food and drink, and presents, but on repentance, humility and interior ‘house-cleaning’. The more we prepare in this way, the less we will be overwhelmed by the commercialisation of Christmas.
Prepare a way for the Lord!

Show me, Lord Jesus, how I may best prepare to celebrate Your birth into this world. Show me those things I need to repent of, that I may find Your forgiveness. Show me how to avoid the greed and selfishness of this season and focus on what is truly essential. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment