Monday, November 6, 2017

A Monday Meditation Walk! Lace up your virtual prayer walking laces.




Good Evening Dear Pilgrims in Prayer Walking!

Happy Monday! Today we started a new tradition here at Walk With Me On Our Journey! We are now prayer walking a labyrinth at Noon. This will help us take time to focus ourselves in the middle of the day. If you don't have a labyrinth you can do a virtual one. Tonight I will take you through the steps and then we will have our meditation on the lessons for the feast day of William Temple and night prayer.

First off let's lace up our shoes and take a few deep breaths and prepare ourselves to cross the street on our way to the labyrinth.




Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Stop and look both ways before crossing the street. At the same time decide what your prayer walking intention on today's labyrinth walk will be: Today I dedicated my walk to the victims of Sutherland Springs Texas.


Image may contain: sky and outdoor


The first sign I see is the emergency room sign and I pray for those who are receiving care.

Image may contain: tree, plant and outdoor

We pray for all those who work in the hospital and all patients.

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud and outdoor

As we follow this pathway we begin to settle our minds, hearts, and ourselves to be in silence.


Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Here is where we do a short Worry Free Sabbath cleansing of  our minds from all anxiety, worry, anger and all other things that are stressful

Image may contain: nature and outdoor

Engage in a short time of the "Peace be Stills"
Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.

Inhale gently
Exhale gently 
Pause
.
Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.

Inhale gently
Exhale gently 
Pause


Peace be still
Peace be.
Peace.

Inhale gently
Exhale gently 
Pause

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Now is the time, and now is the place to hallow our labyrinth walking to God and make vigil in the daylight hours.

Here are the prayers for the first labyrinth walk. Notice there are dividing lines in the labyrinth and dedicate a certain prayer to each section. 

The Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,Courage to change the things I can,And wisdom to know the difference.

Christ Has No Body - Teresa of Avila

Christ has no body but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours, Yours are the eyes with which he looks. Compassion on this world, Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good, Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

The Angelus at Noon


Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Now begin your prayers for intention. Today I remembered: Sutherland Springs,
Las Vegas, Columbine, San Bernardino, Sandy Hook, Charlotte, Orlando, Isla Vista, Paducah and all other places where there has been gun violence and terror.
As I walked each of these sections I held holy and sacred space for all who have died and those who have survived.

When you reach the center think about praying your own prayer of the 4 directions:

Prayer To The Four Directions
Chief Seattle



Great Spirit of Light, come to me out of the East (red) with the power of the rising sun. Let there be light in my words, let there be light on my path that I walk. Let me remember always that you give the gift of a new day. And never let me be burdened with sorrow by not starting over again.

Great Spirit of Love, come to me with the power of the North (white). Make me courageous when the cold wind falls upon me. Give me strength and endurance for everything that is harsh, everything that hurts, everything that makes me squint. Let me move through life ready to take what comes from the north.

Great Life-Giving Spirit, I face the West (black), the direction of sundown. Let me remember everyday that the moment will come when my sun will go down. Never let me forget that I must fade into you. Give me a beautiful color, give me a great sky for setting, so that when it is my time to meet you, I can come with glory.

Great Spirit of Creation, send me the warm and soothing winds from the South (yellow). Comfort me and caress me when I am tired and cold. Unfold me like the gentle breezes that unfold the leaves on the trees. As you give to all the earth your warm, moving wind, give to me, so that I may grow close to you in warmth. Man did not create the web of life, he is but a strand in it. Whatever man does to the web, he does to himself


Now raise your arms upwards to the sky giving thanks to God for whatever is on your mind and heart. Smile and feel the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze touching your face as you  repeat "The Peace Be Stills"

Now as you return  think of praying  this prayer:

As I Walk with Beauty

As I walk, as I walk

The universe is walking with me

In beauty it walks before me

In beauty it walks behind me

In beauty it walks below me

In beauty it walks above me

Beauty is on every side

As I walk, I walk with Beauty.


Traditional Navajo Prayer

The final return enjoy the silence of the walk and be aware of your inner being and heart home expanding with God's help and giving you love energy for the remainder of the day.

Conclude your labyrinth walk with the Prayer of St. Francis:



Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

If you have time you may repeat the labyrinth walk and enjoy God's Cathedral of Life:

Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: tree, grass, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: table and outdoor


In Christ there is No East or West

1 In Christ there is no east or west,
in him no south or north,
but one great fellowship of love
throughout the whole wide earth.


2 In Christ shall true hearts everywhere
their high communion find;
his service is the golden cord
close-binding humankind.


3 Join hands, disciples of the faith,
whate'er your race may be.
All children of the living God
are surely kin to me.


4 In Christ now meet both east and west;
in him meet south and north.
All Christly souls are one in him
throughout the whole wide earth.


John Oxenham

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, flower and outdoor

Canticle of Brother Sun and Sister Moon of St. Francis of Assisi

Most High, all-powerful, all-good Lord, All praise is Yours, all glory, all honour and all blessings.

To you alone, Most High, do they belong, and no mortal lips are worthy to pronounce Your Name.

Praised be You my Lord with all Your creatures,
especially Sir Brother Sun,
Who is the day through whom You give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendour,
Of You Most High, he bears the likeness.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars,
In the heavens you have made them bright, precious and fair.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,
And fair and stormy, all weather's moods,
by which You cherish all that You have made.

Praised be You my Lord through Sister Water,
So useful, humble, precious and pure.

Praised be You my Lord through Brother Fire,
through whom You light the night and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong.

Praised be You my Lord through our Sister,
Mother Earth
who sustains and governs us,
producing varied fruits with coloured flowers and herbs.
Praise be You my Lord through those who grant pardon for love of You and bear sickness and trial.

Blessed are those who endure in peace, By You Most High, they will be crowned.

Praised be You, my Lord through Sister Death,
from whom no-one living can escape. Woe to those who die in mortal sin! Blessed are they She finds doing Your Will.

No second death can do them harm. Praise and bless my Lord and give Him thanks,
And serve Him with great humility.

+++++++

Earth Teach Me to Remember 

Earth teach me stillness 
as the grasses are stilled with light. 

Earth teach me suffering 
as old stones suffer with memory. 

Earth teach me humility 
as blossoms are humble with beginning. 

Earth Teach me caring 
as the mother who secures her young. 

Earth teach me courage 
as the tree which stands alone. 

Earth teach me limitation 
as the ant which crawls on the ground. 

Earth teach me freedom 
as the eagle which soars in the sky. 

Earth teach me resignation 
as the leaves which die in the fall. 

Earth teach me regeneration 
as the seed which rises in the spring. 

Earth teach me to forget myself 
as melted snow forgets its life. 

Earth teach me to remember kindness
as dry fields weep in the rain. 

Ute, North American



Now let us pray and meditate upon God's word.

Psalm 121 Levavi oculos

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills; *
from where is my help to come?

2 My help comes from the LORD, *
the maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot be moved *
and he who watches over you will not fall asleep.

4 Behold, he who keeps watch over Israel *
shall neither slumber nor sleep;

5 The LORD himself watches over you; *
the LORD is your shade at your right hand,

6 So that the sun shall not strike you by day, *
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; *
it is he who shall keep you safe.




Psalm 31  In te, Domine, speravi

1    In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge;
         let me never be put to shame: *
         deliver me in your righteousness.

2    Incline your ear to me; *
         make haste to deliver me.

3    Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe, 
         for you are my crag and my stronghold; *
         for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me.

4    Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, *
         for you are my tower of strength.

5    Into your hands I commend my spirit, *
         for you have redeemed me,
         O LORD, O God of truth.

Image result for vigil candles

   Psalm 134  Ecce nunc 
1    Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
         you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.

2    Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
         the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.




119

Mem Quomodo dilexi!

97 Oh, how I love your law! *
all the day long it is in my mind.

98 Your commandment has made me wiser than my enemies, *
and it is always with me.

99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, *
for your decrees are my study.

100 I am wiser than the elders, *
because I observe your commandments.

101 I restrain my feet from every evil way, *
that I may keep your word.

102 I do not shrink from your judgments, *
because you yourself have taught me.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste! *
they are sweeter than honey to my mouth.

104 Through your commandments I gain understanding; *
therefore I hate every lying way.

A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11
Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *

and God’s love will be perfected in us.


Exodus 22:21-27
21 You shall not wrong or oppress a resident alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt. 22You shall not abuse any widow or orphan. 23If you do abuse them, when they cry out to me, I will surely heed their cry; 24my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children orphans.
25 If you lend money to my people, to the poor among you, you shall not deal with them as a creditor; you shall not exact interest from them. 26 If you take your neighbor’s cloak in pawn, you shall restore it before the sun goes down; 27 for it may be your neighbor’s only clothing to use as cover; in what else shall that person sleep? And if your neighbor cries out to me, I will listen, for I am compassionate.


8    The Song of Moses    Cantemus Domino
         Exodus 15:1-6, 11-13, 17-18

Especially suitable for use in Easter Season
I will sing to the Lord, for he is lofty and uplifted; *
    the horse and its rider has he hurled into the sea.
The Lord is my strength and my refuge; *
    the Lord has become my Savior.
This is my God and I will praise him, *
    the God of my people and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a mighty warrior; *
    Yahweh is his Name.
The chariots of Pharaoh and his army has he hurled into the sea; *
    the finest of those who bear armor have been
                             drowned in the Red Sea.
The fathomless deep has overwhelmed them; *
    they sank into the depths like a stone.
Your right hand, O Lord, is glorious in might; *
    your right hand, O Lord, has overthrown the enemy.
Who can be compared with you, O Lord, among the gods? *
    who is like you, glorious in holiness,
    awesome in renown, and worker of wonders?
You stretched forth your right hand; *
    the earth swallowed them up.
With your constant love you led the people you redeemed; *
    with your might you brought them in safety to
                             your holy dwelling.
You will bring them in and plant them *
    on the mount of your possession,
The resting-place you have made for yourself, O Lord, *
    the sanctuary, O Lord, that your hand has established.
The Lord shall reign *
    for ever and for ever.






Ephesians 3:7-12

7 Of this gospel I have become a servant according to the gift of God’s grace that was given to me by the working of his power. 8Although I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given to me to bring to the Gentiles the news of the boundless riches of Christ, 9and to make everyone see* what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in* God who created all things; 10so that through the church the wisdom of God in its rich variety might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11This was in accordance with the eternal purpose that he has carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12in whom we have access to God in boldness and confidence through faith in him.*

15    The Song of Mary    Magnificat
          Luke 1:46-55

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior; *
    for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.

From this day all generations will call me blessed: * 
    the Almighty has done great things for me, 
    and holy is his Name. 
He has mercy on those who fear him * 
    in every generation. 
He has shown the strength of his arm, * 
    he has scattered the proud in their conceit. 
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones, *
    and has lifted up the lowly. 
He has filled the hungry with good things, * 
    and the rich he has sent away empty. 
He has come to the help of his servant Israel, * 
    for he has remembered his promise of mercy, 
The promise he made to our fathers, * 
    to Abraham and his children for ever.



John 1:9-18

9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.*

10 He was in the world, and the world came into being through him; yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to what was his own,* and his own people did not accept him. 12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son,* full of grace and truth. 15(John testified to him and cried out, ‘This was he of whom I said, “He who comes after me ranks ahead of me because he was before me.” ’) 16 From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son,* who is close to the Father’s heart,* who has made him known. 


A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit
Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21
Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors *
a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, *
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.
To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, *
and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day *
and a blaze of stars by night.
She brought them across the Red Sea, *
she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss.
And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, *
and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people.

O God of light and love, you illumined your Church through the witness of your servant William Temple: Inspire us, we pray, by his teaching and example, that we may rejoice with courage, confidence and faith in the Word made flesh, and may be led to establish that city which has justice for its foundation and love for its law; through Jesus Christ, the light of the world, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.



Dear God we come before you today as we place our worries, anxieties and fears into the Worry/Sabbath box. Helps us to find calm when things in our lives become disjointed and less joyful.

God  we pray that we may be able to quiet our minds wherever we may be and that we can find our way deep into the center and be with you each and every day that we live, move, and just be.

God we come to you in the quiet seeking to calm our fears and worries. May we lay these things down so that we may commune and be strengthened with and by your presence.

God we come to you and pray for all the least of these who need you now more than ever and that we may rise with courage to love and help them.

God we come to you and kneel before you in your presence laying down our burdens and ask for forgiveness of our sins and offences. Help us to lay these things down so that wee my be whole once again and feel Christ's redemptive power of love .

God Help us to find the joy of daily living and may we find humor in difficult and happy situations.

God we give our worries, anxieties, fears, to you and let them go and never see or feel them again.

God of peace may we show to our family members who commit acts of violence that love, compassion, and kindness are the antidotes to senseless acts.

God of Joy Help us to learn to find joy in the midst of sorry and dis-ease and find healing of  our bodies, minds,and spirits.

God of  Kindness and Mercy, may we seek to continually speak truth to power and to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with you.

God of all Goodness, help us to tell your story of creation to others and let them know that everything that God made is Holy and Good and that they themselves are holy and good.

God of all Gentleness, help us to be gentle to our most vulnerable family members and that we may show them compassion and love.

God who hears, listens, and heals we pray for ourselves and our family members who have asked us for our prayers remembering especially______________________ We lift our prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances and celebrations to you in the name of your only Son Jesus the Christ. Amen.


Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.

Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21


The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.

(source: Celtic


++++++

Good Night Dear Ones, I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always. Have a restful and peaceful sleep where  we will awaken refreshed, rested, renewed and joyful  so that we may serve in God's kindom freely with only faith and not fear. Remember tomorrow is Take-Care Tuesday.



Peace, love, prayers and God's Blessings be always yours,

Sara



Resources:
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship
Quote Sites for Prayers
Satucket for lessons and our Saint of the Day: William Temple



Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment