Sunday, November 5, 2017

A time of Vigil and prayer tonight ! Tomorrow we take action! Not one more!





Good Evening Dear Family!

I hope and pray all is well with you all. I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of tragedy after tragedy after tragedy. Tonight my words are going to be fewer than normal. Dear ones let us hold each other close and love one another. If you haven't checked in with your loved ones take time to do it now or in the morning. As family members we shouldn't let each other fall through the cracks.  If you are alone who is your designated check in person? If you don't have one get one. I love you and if you need to email me please do at walkwithmeonourjourney@gmail.com. Let's keep in touch. 

Now let us hold the people of Sutherland Springs Texas in our hearts and prayers. Let us also take action to help stop gun violence period.  This is a solemn time of  making Vigil and prayer  and in our healing circle of love as a holy family of God tonight  and always! Tomorrow we take action! Not one more!

Let us begin our time together with this wonderful litany from Episcopal Peace Fellowship (epfnational.org). But first let us light our candles in memory of all who have died by gun violence and terror.

Image result for vigil candles


A Litany for Gun Violence
 Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice remembering all who have been harmed by gun violence, both intended and accidental. We lament that an American child is 12 times more likely to die by a bullet than are the children living in all twenty-five other industrialized nations combined. We acknowledge the deep pain and grief in our communities and nation. Will you commit to tear down the walls that divide us, and build-up the one human family, grounded in nonviolence, justice and love?
People: We will with God’s help.
Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice remembering all perpetrators and the families of those who commit acts of gun violence. We acknowledge that their lives are also devastated and their hopes dashed. For their sake and ours, will you pray for healing of the pain radiating from every act of violence?
People: We will, with God’s help.
Leader: We stand before this Wall of Injustice, united in our grief for the violent deaths of over 30,000 Americans by gunfire each year. Will you commit to prayer, study and action, ever hopeful that repentance and transformation will move us forward toward God’s peaceable kingdom?
People: We will, with God’s help.
As we pray, make vigil, and meditate tonight let us spend time in silence and reflection for a space.
Now let us take time to hold each other in our hearts and minds. Visually in our minds let us encircle  and wrap one another in a prayer quilt of CALM (Compassion, Acceptance, Love and Mercy)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.Psalm 46:1
Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.Philippians 4:6
Christ has been raised from the dead, 
the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.
You are in the midst of us, O Lord;
and we are called by your name.

Hail, gladdening Light, of God’s pure glory poured, 
Who is the immortal Father, heavenly, blest, 
Holiest of holies, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Now we are come to the sun’s hour of rest, 
The lights of evening round us shine, 
We hymn the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit divine.
Worthiest art thou at all times to be sung, 
With undefilèd tongue, 
Son of our God, Giver of life, alone! 
Therefore in all the world thy glories, Lord, they own.

IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.
Luis Valdez

Image result for smudging ceremony

A Smudging Prayer
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ.
May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit
 will help us to worship in spirit and truth.
We pray in the name of Jesus,
so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you.
Amen.

Hymn 
Be still and know that I am God. 
Be still and know that I am God. 
Be still and know that I am God.

I am the God that healeth thee. 
I am the God that healeth thee.
I am the God that healeth thee.

In thee, O God, I put my trust. 
In thee, O God, I put my trust. 
In thee, O God, I put my trust.
a
Hear the Word of God to all who truly turn to him.

Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and
I will refresh you.    Matthew 11:28


God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son,
to the end that all that believe in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life.    John 3:16


This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
1 Timothy 1:15


If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus
Christ the righteous; and he is the perfect offering for our
sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole
world.    1 John 2:1-2



The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!"
I hold holy space for you in love and peace this day and always!

Prayer of Saint John Chrysostom
Before Reading or Listening to the Word of God
O Lord Jesus Christ, open Thou the eyes of my heart, that I may hear Thy word and understand and do Thy will, for I am a sojourner upon the earth. Hide not Thy commandments from me, but open mine eyes, that I may perceive the wonders of Thy law. Speak unto me the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom. On Thee do I set my hope, O my God, that Thou shalt enlighten my mind and understanding with the light of Thy knowledge, not only to cherish those things which are written, but to do them; that in reading the lives and sayings of the saints I may not sin, but that such may serve for my restoration, enlightenment and sanctification, for the salvation of my soul, and the inheritance of life everlasting. For Thou art the enlightenment of those who lie in darkness, and from Thee comes every good deed and every gift. Amen.
130 De profundis

1 Out of the depths have I called to you, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice; *
let your ears consider well the voice of my supplication.

2 If you, Lord, were to note what is done amiss, *
O Lord, who could stand?

3 For there is forgiveness with you; *
therefore you shall be feared.

4 I wait for the Lord; my soul waits for him; *
in his word is my hope.

5 My soul waits for the Lord,
more than watchmen for the morning, *
more than watchmen for the morning.

6 O Israel, wait for the Lord, *
for with the Lord there is mercy;

7 With him there is plenteous redemption, *
and he shall redeem Israel from all their sins


Wisdom 3:1-9



3But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of God,
and no torment will ever touch them. 
2 In the eyes of the foolish they seemed to have died,
and their departure was thought to be a disaster, 
3 and their going from us to be their destruction;
but they are at peace. 
4 For though in the sight of others they were punished,
their hope is full of immortality. 
5 Having been disciplined a little, they will receive great good,
because God tested them and found them worthy of himself; 
6 like gold in the furnace he tried them,
and like a sacrificial burnt-offering he accepted them. 
7 In the time of their visitation they will shine forth,
and will run like sparks through the stubble. 
8 They will govern nations and rule over peoples,
and the Lord will reign over them for ever. 
9 Those who trust in him will understand truth,
and the faithful will abide with him in love,
because grace and mercy are upon his holy ones,
and he watches over his elect.* 

Psalm 121    Levavi oculos

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills; *
    from whence cometh my help?
My help cometh even from the LORD, *
    who hath made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved, *
    and he that keepeth thee will not sleep.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel *
    shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD himself is thy keeper; *
    the LORD is thy defence upon thy right hand;
So that the sun shall not burn by day, *
    neither the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil; *
    yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out, and thy coming in, *
    from this time forth for evermore.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58

50 What I am saying, brothers and sisters,* is this: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die,* but we will all be changed, 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality.54When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:
‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’ 
55 ‘Where, O death, is your victory?
   Where, O death, is your sting?’ 
56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved,* be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labour is not in vain. 

Psalm 23    Dominus regit me

The LORD is my shepherd; *
    therefore can I lack nothing.
He shall feed me in a green pasture, *
    and lead me forth beside the waters of comfort.
He shall convert my soul, *
    and bring me forth in the paths of righteousness for his
                                Name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; *
    for thou art with me;
    thy rod and thy staff comfort me.
Thou shalt prepare a table before me in the presence of them
                                that trouble me; *
    thou hast anointed my head with oil,
    and my cup shall be full.
Surely thy loving-kindness and mercy shall follow me all the
                                days of my life; *
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.




John 6:37-40

37 Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; 38 for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.’

Psalm 27    Dominus illuminatio

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom then shall I fear? *
    the LORD is the strength of my life;
    of whom then shall I be afraid?
One thing have I desired of the LORD, which I will require, *
    even that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the
                                days of my life,
    to behold the fair beauty of the LORD, and to visit his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle; *
    yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me,
    and set me up upon a rock of stone.
And now shall he lift up mine head *
    above mine enemies round about me.
Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation with
                                great gladness; *
    I will sing and speak praises unto the LORD.
Hearken unto my voice, O LORD, when I cry unto thee; *
    have mercy upon me, and hear me.

My heart hath talked of thee, Seek ye my face. *
    Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
O hide not thou thy face from me, *
    nor cast thy servant away in displeasure.
I should utterly have fainted, *
    but that I believe verily to see the goodness of the LORD in
                                the land of the living.
O tarry thou the LORD's leisure; *
    be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart;
    and put thou thy trust in the LORD.


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Matthew 5:1-12

5When Jesus* saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
3 ‘Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 ‘Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 ‘Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6 ‘Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7 ‘Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
8 ‘Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9 ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 ‘Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 ‘Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely* on my account. 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


Isaiah 61New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Good News of Deliverance

61 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
    because the Lord has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,
    to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and release to the prisoners;
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
    and the day of vengeance of our God;
    to comfort all who mourn;
to provide for those who mourn in Zion—
    to give them a garland instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
    the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    the planting of the Lord, to display his glory.
They shall build up the ancient ruins,
    they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
    the devastations of many generations.
Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
    foreigners shall till your land and dress your vines;
but you shall be called priests of the Lord,
    you shall be named ministers of our God;
you shall enjoy the wealth of the nations,
    and in their riches you shall glory.
Because their[a] shame was double,
    and dishonor was proclaimed as their lot,
therefore they shall possess a double portion;
    everlasting joy shall be theirs.
For I the Lord love justice,
    I hate robbery and wrongdoing;[b]
I will faithfully give them their recompense,
    and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
Their descendants shall be known among the nations,
    and their offspring among the peoples;
all who see them shall acknowledge
    that they are a people whom the Lord has blessed.
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
    my whole being shall exult in my God;
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
    he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the earth brings forth its shoots,
    and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up,
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
    to spring up before all the nations.

 For the Future of the Human Race

O God our heavenly Father, you have blessed us and given us
dominion over all the earth: Increase our reverence before
the mystery of life; and give us new insight into your purposes
for the human race, and new wisdom and determination in
making provision for its future in accordance with your will;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


 For Peace

Eternal God, in whose perfect kingdom no sword is drawn
but the sword of righteousness, no strength known but the
strength of love: So mightily spread abroad your Spirit, that
all peoples may be gathered under the banner of the Prince of
Peace, as children of one Father; to whom be dominion and
glory, now and for ever. Amen.


 For our Enemies

O God, the Father of all, whose Son commanded us to love
our enemies: Lead them and us from prejudice to truth:
deliver them and us from hatred, cruelty, and revenge; and in
your good time enable us all to stand reconciled before you,
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.

 Prayers for the Tender Souls

We pray this night for our mental health professionals and all of our mentally ill family members who have fallen through the cracks.

We pray for better early interventions for those with mental illnesses and that everyone will be able to listen for their unspoken cries for help. 

We pray for the marginalized who feel outcast. May we lovingly bring them into the circle and show them how You love us.

We pray for all of our Family members who have PTSD that they may receive care and the necessary services that will help them prosper and live productive lives.

We pray for our homeless family members who live outdoors. We pray that there may be adequate shelters and a variety of places to live that will meet their needs. We pray that we may be sensitive to their needs when we see them as we walk, shop, and are in our cars. 

We pray for the safety of all the vulnerable members of our society.

We pray for better gun laws that will both protect our family members in our community and the persons who aren't suitable gun owners.

We pray that all churches may be truly sanctuaries for everyone and that there won't be a litmus test required to belong. We pray that all faith leaders will give the least of these the the security and feeling that they are loved, accepted, and that their dignity is respected regardless of who they are. Help everyone know who they are and whose they are!


We pray that there may be social service ministries in our urban centers that are non-threatening and available 24/7/365. May we be guided to think outside the box and minister to our family members who need these services.


We pray for compassionate immigration reform and that families may be kept together.

We pray for all of our medical professionals who work in the ER this night and those who work in the Mortuary and Hospice ministries.

We pray for an end to violence against women and children.

God be with the community of Sutherland Springs Texas and all places  where violence has occurred. In the silence remember the places that come to mind and pray for survivors and those who have lost their lives.

God help us to be better at listening, watching, and being family to those who are different that ourselves.
May we see you in their eyes and love them as you love us. 

God we lift up these our prayers and the prayers that we have been requested to pray this day to you !
Amen.

Or these

We pray this night for peace in our cities, towns, nations, and our souls so that we may know what it is like to live in your peaceable kingdom O, God.

We pray for unity and charity among all peoples.

We pray for universal human rights and that everyone will be treated with dignity and as the beautiful children of God they are.

We pray for the most vulnerable family members throughout our nation and the world.

We pray for all victims of bullying, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and plain old meanness by people who lack the sensitivity and love for their brothers and sisters. 

We pray and remember all those who in the past 24 hours have been victims of violence and terror.

We pray and remember all of our family members who have been led to take their own lives at the hands of  law enforcement officers remembering especially: Ulises Garcia who was shot in my neighborhood almost two years ago.

We pray for the poor, the marginalized, the least of these who we are commanded to pray and take care of.

We pray for the victims of human trafficking and slavery at home and abroad.

We pray for our Abrahamic brothers and sisters who are in need of our daily prayers, loving concern, and understanding. We pray for all faith communities as they prepare for worship in the days ahead. We stand and pray in solidarity with our Jewish and Islamic brothers and sisters as they pray on Friday and prepare for Sabbath.  

We pray for all of us whose nerves are frayed that we may find solace and soulace. We pray that we may be a soft place in which to fall as the presence of God in each other's lives.

We pray for all leaders of  hamlets, villages, towns, cities, counties,states, parishes, nations, the United Nations that they will do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with You O God and that Justice will flow into the hearts and minds of those who lead and to all people who seek to be on an equal footing and be afforded the rights all people should be enjoying. 

We pray that we may be Compassionate, Accepting, Loving and Merciful to all our brothers and sisters and that we may stop the hate, violence, suspicion, and fear. We pray that we may have unity in our diversity. 

We take time to pray whatever prayers and thanksgivings are in our hearts and minds and that we take time in silence now as we pray____________________


Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of our fathers, creator
of the changes of day and night, giving rest to the weary,
renewing the strength of those who are spent, bestowing
upon us occasions of song in the evening. As you have
protected us in the day that is past, so be with us in the
coming night; keep us from every sin, every evil, and every
fear; for you are our light and salvation, and the strength of
our life. To you be glory for endless ages. Amen


Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the
enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in
peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.

The almighty and merciful Lord, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
bless us and keep us. Amen.

The Light of Christ In Me Recognizes the Light of Christ in You! Amen.




God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts so that we may strive to be your peacemakers to your fragile and broken world.
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts so that we may help heal the tender hearts of the least of these and those who are lost, lonely, and alone.
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts so that we may lovingly accept all of your beloved children whom you have made.
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts that we may with you heal and comfort our family members with our prayers and compassionate touch and words.
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts that we may comfort those who are in grief's long journey.
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts  so that we may speak truth to power and be a voice to the voiceless. 
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts as we pray and give thanks for_______________
God of Love, you taught us to love, now teach us to see love not only with our eyes but with our hearts as we lift these our prayers to your beloved Son Jesus. Amen. 


Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.

Ubi Caritas in English and Latin


WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
Christ's love has gathered us into one.
Let us rejoice and be pleased in Him.
Let us fear, and let us love the living God.
And may we love each other with a sincere heart.

WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
As we are gathered into one body,
Beware, lest we be divided in mind.
Let evil impulses stop, let controversy cease,
And may Christ our God be in our midst.

WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
And may we with the saints also,
See Thy face in glory, O Christ our God:
The joy that is immense and good,
Unto the ages through infinite ages. Amen.

Latin

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor.
Exultemus, et in ipso iucundemur.
Timeamus, et amemus Deum vivum.
Et ex corde diligamus nos sincero.

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Simul ergo cum in unum congregamur:
Ne nos mente dividamur, caveamus.
Cessent iurgia maligna, cessent lites.
Et in medio nostri sit Christus Deu

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Simul quoque cum beatis videamus,
Glorianter vultum tuum, Christe Deus:
Gaudium quod est immensum, atque probum,
Saecula per infinita saeculorum. Amen.

This night we pray and close our time of  meditation on Love



The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.

(source: from Saint Clare)

The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 
I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditation. 

+++++

Good Night Brothers and Sisters. I am sending Light to heal you to hold you: I am sending you Light to hold you in Love.*  Have a blessed and restful night! I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always. 

Peace, love, prayers, and wrapping you in a sacred prayer quilt of comfort,

Sara

Resources: 
Book of Common Prayer
A New Zealand Prayer Book
YouTube
Metis Aboriginal Ministries
Episcopal Peace Fellowship
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Enriching Our Worship
Satucket Lectionary
In Lak 'Ech - Luis Valdez
* John Phillip Newell


Prayer walking pix!

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, tree, sky, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: outdoor


Image may contain: plant, flower, grass, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: sky, house and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment