Monday, November 20, 2017

World Days of the Poor : #povertyawarenessweek - Being poor creates for some of us a unified camaraderie!




Good Evening Dear Ones!

Today we continue to remember our impoverished family members who are finding it hard to find food, clothing, and shelter in the late Fall and Winter months. This is the time of year when all of us who are in the process of renewing our benefits and are waiting with bated breath for the mail to see if we indeed have made it through another hoop in getting our Food Stamps, SNAP, WIC, or Cal Fresh renewed. Today I received such a letter, although it was 2 dollars less it still  is better than nothing and I am eternally grateful. We who receive these benefits have to keep an almost, let's be truthful a zero balance in our bank accounts if we have them at all. We need to be so careful what we receive as gifts and assistance. For many of us we have given up working because it is  too risky because we fear the loss of benefits. That's my story and the story of others and we're sticking too it. How can you help? By prayer, supporting your local food banks, or if you want to give a cash gift give cash in small amounts. Gas  and Grocery cards are appreciated too. Just be careful. If you are clergy ,and I know many of you read this blog, please do some kind of intake when our family members come in for assistance. Pay bills directly not personally! Checks that are deposited may send red flags to social services and lower benefits.Have them bring in all necessary paper work with them.Try to gently dig deep and find out where they are going for resource assistance. We need to do this, because we all need to work together and find out a little more about how these agencies work. I know this doesn't sound spiritually focused but it is. We need to be considerate and compassionate on both sides as the giver and the receiver. Going to get help earlier in the year was a very humbling experience and I can tell you that no one relishes the idea of sitting in the Department of Social Services and seeing family members you see at the window coming for lunches. I like it now because I can feel a wonderful unified camaraderie. We now can feel as if we are on similar paths. I think it is time that we begin to be a unified family as God intended to be. So let us pray and become God's unified Camaraderie. 



Hear the Word of God to all who truly turn to him.

Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and
I will refresh you.    Matthew 11:28


God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son,
to the end that all that believe in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life.    John 3:16


This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
1 Timothy 1:15



If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus
Christ the righteous; and he is the perfect offering for our
sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole
world.    1 John 2:1-2


Tonight let us light our candles in solidarity and in friendship. May we befriend and be a friend to one another in love, mercy, kindness, without expecting anything in return. 






Gracious and loving God as we meet in community this evening to pray and light candles let us remember all of our family members who do not have community, family, where loving shoulders and soft places in which to fall are available. We pray for the lost, lonely, and afraid that they may be found and brought into the family of God and wrapped in a quilt of comfort. We pray for our family members who are refugees, asylum seekers, children in foster care, children who are seeking to be adopted and all who are waiting for their forever homes wherever that may be. We pray that we may practice radical hospitality and welcome all of our family members and especially the strangers who are in our midst. We pray that we may keep our eyes on all of our loved ones and pray that no one, not one will fall through the cracks. We pray that a community of CALM (Compassion, Acceptance, Love, and Mercy) may spring up around the world and especially where there is hatred, violence, terror, and division. We pray that peace, justice, and mercy may prevail upon Earth, that we may be peacemakers and called the Children of God. Amen.

or this

Tonight Let us Light our Candles and make vigil for our nation and all of us and our family members who feel invisible and are being made invisible by our government and the leadership of this country.
"IF YOU SPEAK MY NAME, I WILL LIVE FOREVER."
We speak the names of all of our family members remembering these groups and honoring everyone in them as dearly loved Children Of God who are COGs in the Wheel of life and love.
Our Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters of many faiths where there is misunderstanding.
Our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters who protect our environment and who are water protectors
Our Brothers and Sisters who resist and speak out against oppression and for universal human rights.
Our Latino, Latina, and Latinx Brothers and Sisters
Our Littlest Brothers and Sisters the children
Our LGBTQIA Brothers and Sisters
Our immigrant Brothers and Sister No matter what classification.
Our Disabled Brothers and Sisters
Our Elderly Brothers and Sisters
Our Poor and Oppressed Brothers and Sisters.
Our Homeless, Hungry, and Ill-Clad Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters of Many Faiths and Ethniciities
Our Sisters who are in need of equal rights to health care, pay, family leave,
Our Mentally Ill and Memory Challenged Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters who are Veterans and who suffer many things.
Our Abused, Neglected, and Bullied Brothers and Sisters.
Our Brothers and Sisters who have been victims of hate crimes.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are artists and who work in the humanities.
Our Brothers and Sisters who have healthcare issues and have chronic illnesses.
Our Brothers and Sisters who suffer from all forms of addiction.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are in prison.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are victims of Human Trafficking.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are our enemies and who hate us.
All our Brothers and Sisters!
What names of our Brothers and Sisters do you want to speak?_____________


God we come to you to acknowledge that no one is invisible and that we as your children each have a special role to play in this fragile and broken world of ours. Help us to know that as COG (Children of God) we may help serve you by serving others by making the right changes we want to see in world. Help us ourselves to be the change we want to see in the world. May we always seek to be CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) even when the day's news cycles rattle our nerves. May our spirits be enlivened, our steps, quickened, and that we may feel your Living Water Coursing through our veins this night and forevermore. Amen.

IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.
Luis Valdez
 For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.



Prayer for the poor

Who is Jesus to me? Jesus is the Word made Flesh. Jesus is the Bread of Life. Jesus is the Victim offered for our sins on the Cross. Jesus is the Sacrifice at Holy Mass for the sins of the world and mine. Jesus is the Word - to be spoken. Jesus is the Truth - to be told. Jesus is the Way - to be walked. Jesus is the Light - to be lit. Jesus is the Life - to be loved. Jesus is the Joy - to be shared. Jesus is the Sacrifice - to be given. Jesus is the Bread of Life - to be eaten. Jesus is the Hungry - to be fed. Jesus is the Thirsty - to be satiated. Jesus is the Naked - to be clothed. Jesus is the Homeless - to be taken in. Jesus is the Sick - to be healed. Jesus is the Lonely - to be loved. Jesus is the Unwanted - to be wanted. Jesus is the Leper - to wash his wounds. Jesus is the Beggar - to give him a smile. Jesus is the Drunkard - to listen to him. Jesus is the Little One - to embrace him. Jesus is the Dumb - to speak to him. Jesus is the Crippled - to walk with him. Jesus is the Drug Addict - to befriend him. Jesus is the Prostitute - to remove from danger and befriend her. Jesus is the Prisoner - to be visited. Jesus is the Old - to be served.
To me Jesus is my God, Jesus is my Spouse, Jesus is my Life, Jesus is my only Love, Jesus is my All in All, Jesus is my Everything.
Amen.
(By Mother Teresa of Calcutta.)

For the Victims of Addiction

O blessed Lord, you ministered to all who came to you: Look
with compassion upon all who through addiction have lost
their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of
your unfailing mercy; remove from them the fears that beset
them; strengthen them in the work of their recovery; and to
those who care for them, give patient understanding and
persevering love. Amen.



Matthew 14:13-21New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand

13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”
16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
A Song of Wisdom Sapientia liberavit
Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21
Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors *
a holy people and a blameless race.
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, *
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs.
To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, *
and led them by a marvelous way;
She was their shelter by day *
and a blaze of stars by night.
She brought them across the Red Sea, *
she led them through mighty waters;
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves *
and spewed them out from the depths of the abyss.
And then, Lord, the righteous sang hymns to your Name, *
and praised with one voice your protecting hand;
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, *
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people.

For a Person in Trouble or Bereavement

O merciful Father, who hast taught us in thy holy Word that
thou dost not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men:
Look with pity upon the sorrows of thy servant for whom
our prayers are offered. Remember him, O Lord, in mercy,
nourish his soul with patience, comfort him with a sense of
thy goodness, lift up thy countenance upon him, and give
him peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.




Matthew 25:31-46

Jesus said, “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

A Song of Lamentation

Lamentations 1:12,16; 3:19,22-24,26
Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? *
Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow,
Which was brought upon me, *
inflicted by God’s fierce anger.
For these things I weep; my eyes flow with tears, *
for a comforter is far from me, one to revive my courage.
Remember my affliction and my bitterness, *
wormwood and gall!
The steadfast love of God never ceases, *
God’s mercies never end.
They are new every morning; *
great is your faithfulness.
“God is my portion,” says my soul, *
“therefore will I hope in God.”
It is good that we should wait quietly *
for the coming of God’s salvatio


For the Absent

O God, whose fatherly care reacheth to the uttermost parts
of the earth: We humbly beseech thee graciously to behold
and bless those whom we love, now absent from us. Defend
them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both
they and we, drawing nearer to thee, may be bound together
by thy love in the communion of thy Holy Spirit, and in the
fellowship of thy saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.


The Beatitudes

When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

A Song of Ezekiel
Ezekiel 36:24-28
I will take you from among all nations; *
and gather you from all lands to bring you home.
I will sprinkle clean water upon you; *
and purify you from false gods and uncleanness.
A new heart I will give you *
and a new spirit put within you.
I will take the stone heart from your chest *
and give you a heart of flesh.
I will help you walk in my laws *
and cherish my commandments and do them.
You shall be my people, *
and I will be your God.


 For the Oppressed

Look with pity, O heavenly Father, upon the people in this
land who live with injustice, terror, disease, and death as
their constant companions. Have mercy upon us. Help us to
eliminate our cruelty to these our neighbors. Strengthen those
who spend their lives establishing equal protection of the law
and equal opportunities for all. And grant that every one of
us may enjoy a fair portion of the riches of this land; through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


John 6:35-40New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; 38 for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.”

A Song of Hosea
Hosea 6:1-3
Come, let us return to our God, *
who has torn us and will heal us.
God has struck us and will bind up our wounds, *
after two days revive us,
On the third day restore us, *
that in God’s presence we may live.
Let us humble ourselves, let us strive to know the Lord, *
whose justice dawns like morning light,
its dawning as sure as the sunrise.
God’s justice will come to us like a shower, *
like spring rains that water the earth

For the Poor and the Neglected

Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you
all poor and neglected persons whom it would be easy for us
to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick,
and all who have none to care for them. Help us to heal those
who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow
into joy. Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for
our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


The Anointing at Bethany

Now while Jesus was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper,[a] a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very costly ointment, and she poured it on his head as he sat at the table. But when the disciples saw it, they were angry and said, “Why this waste? For this ointment could have been sold for a large sum, and the money given to the poor.” 10 But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, “Why do you trouble the woman? She has performed a good service for me. 11 For you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me. 12 By pouring this ointment on my body she has prepared me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this good news[b] is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be told in remembrance of her.”
A Song of Jonah
Jonah 2:2-7,9
I called to you, O God, out of my distress, and you answered me; *
out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice.
You cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, *
and the flood surrounded me;
all your waves and billows passed over me.
Then I said, “I am driven away from your sight; *
how shall I ever look again upon your holy temple?”
The waters closed in over me, the deep was round about me; *
weeds were wrapped around my head at the roots of the mountains.
I went down to the land beneath the earth, *
yet you brought up my life from the depths, O God.
As my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, O God, *
and my prayer came to you, into your holy temple.
With the voice of thanksgiving, I will sacrifice to you; *
what I have vowed I will pay, for deliverance belongs to the Lord!


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Isaiah 61New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Good News of Deliverance

61 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
    because the Lord has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,
    to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and release to the prisoners;
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
    and the day of vengeance of our God;
    to comfort all who mourn;
to provide for those who mourn in Zion—
    to give them a garland instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
    the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    the planting of the Lord, to display his glory.
They shall build up the ancient ruins,
    they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
    the devastations of many generations.
Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
    foreigners shall till your land and dress your vines;
but you shall be called priests of the Lord,
    you shall be named ministers of our God;
you shall enjoy the wealth of the nations,
    and in their riches you shall glory.
Because their[a] shame was double,
    and dishonor was proclaimed as their lot,
therefore they shall possess a double portion;
    everlasting joy shall be theirs.
For I the Lord love justice,
    I hate robbery and wrongdoing;[b]
I will faithfully give them their recompense,
    and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
Their descendants shall be known among the nations,
    and their offspring among the peoples;
all who see them shall acknowledge
    that they are a people whom the Lord has blessed.
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
    my whole being shall exult in my God;
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
    he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the earth brings forth its shoots,
    and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up,
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
    to spring up before all the nations.



“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”
― Teresa of Ávila

Isaiah 58:9-12New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
    you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am.
If you remove the yoke from among you,
    the pointing of the finger, the speaking of evil,
10 if you offer your food to the hungry
    and satisfy the needs of the afflicted,
then your light shall rise in the darkness
    and your gloom be like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
    and satisfy your needs in parched places,
    and make your bones strong;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
    like a spring of water,
    whose waters never fail.
12 Your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt;
    you shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
you shall be called the repairer of the breach,
    the restorer of streets to live in.
Let us all remember that we all need to be like the little children who approached Jesus and he accepted them with open arms. May we all welcome all of our family and friends who are also family with loving, compassionate, and warm loving arms. I wish that I could give each of you a warm and loving embrace of welcome!

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend. we pray for unity this night and may we never forget that we are to love our friends just as we love you.

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend we pray for all  who  haven't felt the strong and loving bond of  friendship.

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend we pray for all who are in danger, homeless, hungry, the least of these, refugees, prisoners, captives, and all troops who are currently at war. May we learn that we are to lay down our swords and spears so  that wars may cease. 

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend, we pray for all of those who are suffering mental illness and do not have loving and supporting friends to care and comfort them.

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend, We pray for the healing of all who are ill and are recovering from surgery or are hospitalized, May we find it in our hearts to step up as good and faithful friends and visit and comfort them. We pray that they may offer help to their friends when they need it.

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend, may we all learn to be accepting and inclusive of all of our family members who may differ from us in any way. May we learn to love with out limits and conditions. 

Jesus, our Loving and Compassionate Friend, Help us to make friends with our enemies and the unlovable. Give us the courage to do this and become peacemakers to your broken and fragile world.

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend, hold our hands and walk with us on our journey of life and where ever God leads us. 

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend. We give thanks for all the wonderful memories we share with our family and friends. May we all become keepers of the lore.

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend, we pray for_________________________

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend we Give thanks for_________________________

Jesus our Loving and Compassionate Friend we pray these our prayers and thanksgivings to you In Your Most Holy Name Amen.
Prayers of Befriending

Respond if you like:  God help us to bind up the brokenhearted and love and care for the least of these.


God we come to you in prayer with spirits that are hungry for a deeper relationship with you and all of our family members.

We pray for our family members who are hungry for nourishing and life giving food. May their bodies be filled. We pray for all soup kitchens feeding programs food banks, and pantries.

 We pray for our family members who are in need of clothing. May we take time to give our old and usable clothing away for those that need it.

 We pray for our family members who are in need of shelter this evening and if they need to be out in the cold that they may be safely protected. 

 We pray for our family members who are in need of affection we pray that our prayers may encircle them with a virtual prayer quilt of love and compassion. May they feel our prayers as a holy hug and embrace.

 We pray for our family members who are seeking  relationships and that they may come to know that the most important relationships are with God and themselves.

 We pray for our family members who are  hungering for knowledge that education may be made affordable and that everyone will have places in which to learn and grow.

We pray for our family members who are hungering and thirsting after righteousness.

 We pray for our family members who are hungering for justice,equality human rights, dignity, and respect.

 We pray for our family members who are hungering for CALM (Compassion Acceptance Love and Mercy)

We pray for our family members who are hungering for peace and Peace of Mind.

We pray for our family members who have come to us with their prayer requests remembering especially__________________.

+Prayer For The Poor By Mother Theresa+


Make us worthy, Lord, to serve those people throughout the world who live and die in poverty and hunger. Give them through our hands, this day, their daily bread, and by our understanding love, give them peace and Joy. Amen 

A Song of Christ’s Goodness
Anselm of Canterbury
Jesus, as a mother you gather your people to you; *
you are gentle with us as a mother with her children.
Often you weep over our sins and our pride, *
tenderly you draw us from hatred and judgment.
You comfort us in sorrow and bind up our wounds, *
in sickness you nurse us and with pure milk you feed us.
Jesus, by your dying, we are born to new life; *
by your anguish and labor we come forth in joy.
Despair turns to hope through your sweet goodness; *
through your gentleness, we find comfort in fear.
Your warmth gives life to the dead, *
your touch makes sinners righteous.
Lord Jesus, in your mercy, heal us; *
in your love and tenderness, remake us.
In your compassion, bring grace and forgiveness, *
for the beauty of heaven, may your love prepare us.

The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32
Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11

Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.


Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.
(source: from Saint Clare)


Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

++++++

Good Night Dear Family! Tomorrow we will talk about de-cluttering again to make our lives less in the words of the hymn God of Grace and God of Glory "Rich in things and poor in soul" A time of emptying our closets and de-cluttering to open up our heart homes, nourish our heart roots, and strengthen and cleanse our inner beings. I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always.

With love and blessings in oneness,

Sara

++++
Resources:
Enriching Our Worship
Lectionary Page
Satucket Lectionary Page
Quote sites for prayers
In Lak'Ech - Luis Valdez
BCPONLINE
Walk With Me On Our Journey






Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment