Sunday, November 1, 2015

Make every day a holy day and know that life is precious





Dear Family of Love,

Happy All Saints Day! Today we begin to to turn our faces towards the end of the year and many more feasts and fasts. Often times at this time of year we forget that yes, the holidays are important but just as important are the days that lie in between and they have their own holiness. The footsteps we take from this day onward should be devoted to making each day holy and to in honor of God, our neighbors/family members and yes even ourselves. We all need make these days and every day a time where we seek to come to know God and ourselves at a deeper level. Each day that we live,move, and just be is just as important and precious as the major holy days ,because we sometimes take daily living for granted. All Saints and All Souls days  teach us this. When we lose loved ones or suffer a chronic illness we go through grief. Grief , loss, and life's changing is all around us and our we are reminded that we cannot escape these facts. So from this day let is make each day count and holy so that we can rejoice, celebrate, and sing without having to have a reason. 

How we can celebrate these holy and life giving days ?  Here is my suggested list. 

Smile, laugh, and dance for joy
Give of yourselves.
Tell everyone you love them and that you have their backs.
Don't forget to avoid letting people who matter to you fall through the cracks. 
Find a way to make each day a party or celebration.
Have many very unbirthday parties.
Give people you care about a surprise party just because.
Go to church as much as possible.
Take a walk outside and enjoy God's Cathedral of Life. 
Pray and meditate.
Connect with your family members and friends.
Enjoy being in God's presence.
Take time for fun.
Walk a labyrinth, stations of the Cross , or prayer walk.
Take a drive and go to the beach and smell the surf.
Take daily pictures.of the world about you.
Interview your older loved ones and learn about their family history stories.

Tonight let's make your own daily celebration list. Before we do it let us go deeper into the center of our inner being and spend precious and holy time with God. After we do this we will enter into prayer. 

++++++

God we pray that as we approach the up coming holidays may we ever be mindful of the least of these and those who are struggling emotionally.

God we pray that this season may be a time of we not me. May we place ourselves in the role  of being servants  where we may be of service to others.

God we pray that we may take our time and slow down and watch and pray with you.

God we offer our prayers for our family members who are in need of healing and comfort remembering especially______________

God we  pray for  peace int your fragile and broken world.

God give us the gentle tap on the shoulder and show us where we are called to go and be.  Fix our steps on firm ground.

God we pray for all of our family members wherever they may be that they may be protected and kept out of harms way.

God give us courage and the absence of fear  to speak truth to power and let justice roll down.

God we pray for All Saints and All Souls that  we may live by their example and be courageous people of faith.

God we pray for________________

God accept our prayers and those on behalf of others in the name of your only son, Jesus. Amen



Or This:

God how we can celebrate these holy and life giving days ?  Advice from a loving God.

 Dear Children I want  you to Smile, laugh, and dance for joy  and feel my gentle and abiding presence. 

 Dear Children I want you to give of yourselves and as you do this you are my agents of change and love to a fragile and broken world.

Dear Children Tell everyone you love them and that you have their backs I have yours and always will.

Dear Children  avoid letting people who matter to you fall through the cracks. Remember I am the Good Shepherd and wont let any sheep be lost.

Dear Children I want you to find a way to make each day a party or celebration. Remember the parable of the Prodigal Son? We all may be this from time to time and and yes we did have a special party before Jesus died.

 Dear Children I want you have many very unbirthday parties because each day that you awaken is like a new birthday.

Dear Children Give people you care about a surprise party just because. Everyone is special and should be made to feel precious and treasured.

 Dear Children  Go to church as much as possible and connect with all of your family members and help strengthen the body and your bodies, minds, and spirits.

Dear Children I want you to Take a walk outside and enjoy my  Cathedral of Life. I want to show you what I created and help you become conservationists of the planet I made.

Dear Children I want you to Pray and meditate and spend some time with me so that you may feel my presence, love, give you the Love Energy you need to make each day holy.

 Dear Children please connect with your family members and friends. Yes I want you to connect with those who wish you harm. I will help you love and be compassionate towards them.

Dear Children  Enjoy being in my  presence so that you can be in the presence of others.

Dear Children Take time for fun. I want you to enjoy life and have it abundantly. I want you to stop being so sober that you loose what I am trying to teach you.

 Dear Children go outside and recharge your batteries by Walking a labyrinth, stations of the Cross , or prayer walk.

Dear Children  Take a drive and go to the beach and smell the surf. I want to show you more of what I have made.

 Dear Children I want you take daily pictures.of the world about you so that you'll be able to be dialed in with my creation and that means you.

Dear Children I want you Interview your older loved ones and learn about their family history stories.Remember this is how the Bible began. 

Dear Children listen to me in the still small voice of calm and I won't steer you wrong and you will know that every day that you live, move, and just be is holy.

++++++

Good Night Dear Family! I love you! Please remember tomorrow is You Matter Monday. I give God thanks for you each and every day. Take time for more additional Self and Sabbath Care. 

With love and joy!

Sara
























No comments:

Post a Comment