Monday, March 20, 2017

Wearing the mantle of visibility in a time of being made invisible.






Good Evening Dear Family of God and Love!

Happy You Matter Monday! Yes we all matter and that means no one is to be treated as invisible! These are the days where we must wear the mantle of visibility in  this time where our family members hour by hour are made to feel and be invisible. Each COG (Child of God ) needs to know how precious they are and loved and that their voices count  We each are COGs in God's wheel to make the Earth and the World go round and work properly. If one COG is out of whack we are all out of whack. COGs are necessary in making the world a more CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful ) Place in which to live, do, and and just be. Today I got mad, no, I got angry because the LGBT Elders are being erased from a study having to do with aging. I am not quite an elderly person but, I do have an AARP card and am 57 years old and that means I'm getting there. I am also listen to this, A poor, food insecure,  unemployed, chronically ill, lesbian, woman who has Medicaid, and Food Stamps. Each one of these categories are groups that are being marginalized and erased  by our government. So that means we need to wear the Mantle of Visibility the opposite of a Cloak of Invisibility to be the changes we want to see in the world. 


This evening I wrote a vigil remembering the Invisible ones on Facebook. Let us make vigil and pray for them/us so that we may Wear the Mantle of Visibility and speak their names and be their voices forever and be the change we want to see in God's fragile and broken world.




Tonight Let us Light our Candles and make vigil for our nation and all of us and our family members who feel invisible and are being made invisible by our government and the leadership of this country. 
"IF YOU SPEAK MY NAME, I WILL LIVE FOREVER."
We speak the names of all of our family members remembering these groups and honoring everyone in them as dearly loved Children Of God who are COGs in the Wheel of life and love. 
Our Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters of many faiths where there is misunderstanding.
Our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters who protect our environment and who are water protectors
Our Brothes and Sisters who resist and speak out agains oppression and for universal human rights.
Our Latino, Latina, and Latinx Brothers and Sisters
Our Littlest Brothers and Sisters the children 
Our LGBTQIA Brothers and Sisters
Our immigrant Brothers and Sister No matter what classification.
Our Disabled Brothers and Sisters
Our Elderly Brothers and Sisters
Our Poor and Oppressed Brothers and Sisters.
Our Homeless, Hungry, and Ill-Clad Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters of Many Faiths and Ethniciities
Our Sisters who are in need of equal rights to health care, pay, family leave,
Our Mentally Ill and Memory Challenged Brothers and Sisters
Our Brothers and Sisters who are Veterans and who suffer many things.
Our Abused, Neglected, and Bullied Brothers and Sisters.
Our Brothers and Sisters who have been victims of hate crimes.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are artists and who work in the humanities.
Our Brothers and Sisters who have healthcare issues and have chronic illnesses.
Our Brothers and Sisters who suffer from all forms of addiction.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are in prison.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are victims of Human Trafficking.
Our Brothers and Sisters who are our enemies and who hate us.
All our Brothers and Sisters! 
What names of our Brothers and Sisters do you want to speak?_____________

God we come to you to acknowledge that no one is invisible and that we as your children each have a special role to play in this fragile and broken world of ours. Help us to know that as COG (Children of God) we may help serve you by serving others by making the right changes we want to see in world. Help us ourselves to be the change we want to see in the world. May we always seek to be CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) even when the day's news cycles rattle our nerves. May our spirits be enlivened, our steps, quickened, and that we may feel your Living Water Coursing through our veins this night and forevermore. Amen.

Today we remember the Feast of St. Joseph and give thanks for being a CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) Presence in the lives of Jesus our Savior and Mary the Mother of Our Lord and wife of Joseph. Let us hear the Collect for St. Joseph's day and lessons that will follow.

O God, who from the family of your servant David raised up Joseph to be the guardian of your incarnate Son and the spouse of his virgin mother: Give us grace to imitate his uprightness of life and his obedience to your commands; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Samuel 7:4,8-16

The word of the Lord came to Nathan:
Now therefore thus you shall say to my servant David: Thus says the Lord of hosts: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep to be prince over my people Israel; and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may live in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and evildoers shall afflict them no more, as formerly, from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover the Lord declares to you that the Lord will make you a house. When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. When he commits iniquity, I will punish him with a rod such as mortals use, with blows inflicted by human beings. But I will not take my steadfast love from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me; your throne shall be established forever.
The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.


Psalm 89:1-29 or 89:1-4, 26-29

Misericordias Domini

1 Your love, O Lord, for ever will I sing; *
from age to age my mouth will proclaim your faithfulness.
2 For I am persuaded that your love is established for ever; *
you have set your faithfulness firmly in the heavens.
3 "I have made a covenant with my chosen one; *
I have sworn an oath to David my servant:
4 'I will establish your line for ever, *
and preserve your throne for all generations.'"
[5 The heavens bear witness to your wonders, O Lord, *
and to your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones;
6 For who in the skies can be compared to the Lord?*
who is like the Lord among the gods?
7 God is much to be feared in the council of the holy ones, *
great and terrible to all those round about him.
8 Who is like you, Lord God of hosts? *
O mighty Lord, your faithfulness is all around you.
9 You rule the raging of the sea *
and still the surging of its waves.
10 You have crushed Rahab of the deep with a deadly wound; *
you have scattered your enemies with your mighty arm.
11 Yours are the heavens; the earth also is yours; *
you laid the foundations of the world and all that is in it.
12 You have made the north and the south; *
Tabor and Hermon rejoice in your Name.
13 You have a mighty arm; *
strong is your hand and high is your right hand.
14 Righteousness and justice are the foundations of your throne; *
love and truth go before your face.
15 Happy are the people who know the festal shout! *
they walk, O Lord, in the light of your presence.
16 They rejoice daily in your Name; *
they are jubilant in your righteousness.
17 For you are the glory of their strength, *
and by your favor our might is exalted.
18 Truly, the Lord is our ruler; *
the Holy One of Israel is our King.
19 You spoke once in a vision and said to your faithful people: *
"I have set the crown upon a warrior and have exalted one chosen out of the people.
20 I have found David my servant; *
with my holy oil have I anointed him.
21 My hand will hold him fast *
and my arm will make him strong.
22 No enemy shall deceive him, *
nor any wicked man bring him down.
23 I will crush his foes before him *
and strike down those who hate him.
24 My faithfulness and love shall be with him, *
and he shall be victorious through my Name.
25 I shall make his dominion extend *
from the Great Sea to the River.]
26 He will say to me, 'You are my Father, *
my God, and the rock of my salvation.'
27 I will make him my firstborn *
and higher than the kings of the earth.
28 I will keep my love for him for ever, *
and my covenant will stand firm for him.
29 I will establish his line for ever *
and his throne as the days of heaven."


A Song of Ezekiel

Ezekiel 36:24-28

I will take you from among all nations; *
and gather you from all lands to bring you home.
I will sprinkle clean water upon you; *
and purify you from false gods and uncleanness.
A new heart I will give you *
and a new spirit put within you.
I will take the stone heart from your chest *
and give you a heart of flesh.
I will help you walk in my laws *
and cherish my commandments and do them.
You shall be my people, *
and I will be your God.

Romans 4:13-18

The promise that he would inherit the world did not come to Abraham or to his descendants through the law but through the righteousness of faith. If it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void. For the law brings wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there violation.
For this reason it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his descendants, not only to the adherents of the law but also to those who share the faith of Abraham (for he is the father of all of us, as it is written, "I have made you the father of many nations") -- in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. Hoping against hope, he believed that he would become "the father of many nations," according to what was said, "So numerous shall your descendants be."

A Song of Our Adoption

Ephesians 1:3-10

Blessed are you, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
for you have blessed us in Christ
with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
Before the world was made, you chose us to be yours in Christ, *
that we should be holy and blameless before you.
You destined us for adoption as your children through Jesus Christ, *
according to the good pleasure of your will,
To the praise of your glorious grace, *
that you have freely given us in the Beloved.
In you, we have redemption through the blood of Christ,
the forgiveness of our sins,
According to the riches of your grace *
which you have lavished upon us.
You have made known to us, in all wisdom and insight, *
the mystery of your will,
According to your good pleasure which you set forth in Christ, *
as a plan for the fullness of time,
To gather together all things in Christ, *
things in heaven and things on earth.

Luke 2:41-52

Every year Jesus' parents went to Jerusalem for the festival of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up as usual for the festival. When the festival was ended and they started to return, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but his parents did not know it. Assuming that he was in the group of travelers, they went a day's journey. Then they started to look for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem to search for him. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him they were astonished; and his mother said to him, "Child, why have you treated us like this? Look, your father and I have been searching for you in great anxiety." He said to them, "Why were you searching for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what he said to them. Then he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them. His mother treasured all these things in her heart.
And Jesus increased in wisdom and in years, and in divine and human favor.

A Song of Christ’s Goodness
Anselm of Canterbury
Jesus, as a mother you gather your people to you; *
you are gentle with us as a mother with her children.
Often you weep over our sins and our pride, *
tenderly you draw us from hatred and judgment.
You comfort us in sorrow and bind up our wounds, *
in sickness you nurse us and with pure milk you feed us.
Jesus, by your dying, we are born to new life; *
by your anguish and labor we come forth in joy.
Despair turns to hope through your sweet goodness; *
through your gentleness, we find comfort in fear.
Your warmth gives life to the dead, *
your touch makes sinners righteous.
Lord Jesus, in your mercy, heal us; *
in your love and tenderness, remake us.
In your compassion, bring grace and forgiveness, *
for the beauty of heaven, may your love prepare us

Matthew 5:1-12

When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy. 
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
“Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

40 Days of Psalmody

Twentieth Day: Morning Prayer

102 Domine, exaudi
1 Lord, hear my prayer, and let my cry come before you; *
hide not your face from me in the day of my trouble.
2 Incline your ear to me; *
when I call, make haste to answer me,
3 For my days drift away like smoke, *
and my bones are hot as burning coals.
4 My heart is smitten like grass and withered, *
so that I forget to eat my bread.
5 Because of the voice of my groaning *
I am but skin and bones.
6 I have become like a vulture in the wilderness, *
like an owl among the ruins.
7 I lie awake and groan; *
I am like a sparrow, lonely on a house-top.
8 My enemies revile me all day long, *
and those who scoff at me have taken an oath against me.
9 For I have eaten ashes for bread *
and mingled my drink with weeping.
10 Because of your indignation and wrath *
you have lifted me up and thrown me away.
11 My days pass away like a shadow, *
and I wither like the grass.
12 But you, O Lord, endure for ever, *
and your Name from age to age.
13 You will arise and have compassion on Zion,
for it is time to have mercy upon her; *
indeed, the appointed time has come.
14 For your servants love her very rubble, *
and are moved to pity even for her dust.
15 The nations shall fear your Name, O Lord, *
and all the kings of the earth your glory.
16 For the Lord will build up Zion, *
and his glory will appear.
17 He will look with favor on the prayer of the homeless; *
he will not despise their plea.
18 Let this be written for a future generation, *
so that a people yet unborn may praise the Lord.
19 For the Lord looked down from his holy place on high; *
from the heavens he beheld the earth;
20 That he might hear the groan of the captive *
and set free those condemned to die;
21 That they may declare in Zion the Name of the Lord, *
and his praise in Jerusalem;
22 When the peoples are gathered together, *
and the kingdoms also, to serve the Lord.
23 He has brought down my strength before my time; *
he has shortened the number of my days;
24 And I said, “O my God,
do not take me away in the midst of my days; *
your years endure throughout all generations.
25 In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations
of the earth, *
and the heavens are the work of your hands
26 They shall perish, but you will endure;
they all shall wear out like a garment; *
as clothing you will change them,
and they shall be changed;
27 But you are always the same, *
and your years will never end.
28 The children of your servants shall continue, *
and their offspring shall stand fast in your sight.”

103 Benedic, anima mea

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul, *
and all that is within me, bless his holy Name.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, *
and forget not all his benefits.
3 He forgives all your sins *
and heals all your infirmities;
4 He redeems your life from the grave *
and crowns you with mercy and loving-kindness;
5 He satisfies you with good things, *
and your youth is renewed like an eagle’s.
6 The Lord executes righteousness *
and judgment for all who are oppressed.
7 He made his ways known to Moses *
and his works to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is full of compassion and mercy, *
slow to anger and of great kindness.
9 He will not always accuse us, *
nor will he keep his anger for ever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, *
nor rewarded us according to our wickedness.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, *
so is his mercy great upon those who fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west, *
so far has he removed our sins from us.
13 As a father cares for his children, *
so does the Lord care for those who fear him.
14 For he himself knows whereof we are made; *
he remembers that we are but dust.
15 Our days are like the grass; *
we flourish like a flower of the field;
16 When the wind goes over it, it is gone, *
and its place shall know it no more.
17 But the merciful goodness of the Lord endures for ever
on those who fear him, *
and his righteousness on children’s children;
18 On those who keep his covenant *
and remember his commandments and do them.
19 The Lord has set his throne in heaven, *
and his kingship has dominion over all.
20 Bless the Lord, you angels of his,
you mighty ones who do his bidding, *
and hearken to the voice of his word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you his hosts, *
you ministers of his who do his will.
22 Bless the Lord, all you works of his,
in all places of his dominion; *
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Twentieth Day: Evening Prayer

104 Benedic, anima mea

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul; *
O Lord my God, how excellent is your greatness!
you are clothed with majesty and splendor.
2 You wrap yourself with light as with a cloak *
and spread out the heavens like a curtain.
3 You lay the beams of your chambers in the waters above; *
you make the clouds your chariot;
you ride on the wings of the wind.
4 You make the winds your messengers *
and flames of fire your servants.
5 You have set the earth upon its foundations, *
so that it never shall move at any time.
6 You covered it with the Deep as with a mantle; *
the waters stood higher than the mountains.
7 At your rebuke they fled; *
at the voice of your thunder they hastened away.
8 They went up into the hills and down to the valleys beneath, *
to the places you had appointed for them.
9 You set the limits that they should not pass; *
they shall not again cover the earth.
10 You send the springs into the valleys; *
they flow between the mountains.
11 All the beasts of the field drink their fill from them, *
and the wild asses quench their thirst.
12 Beside them the birds of the air make their nests *
and sing among the branches.
13 You water the mountains from your dwelling on high; *
the earth is fully satisfied by the fruit of your works.
14 You make grass grow for flocks and herds *
and plants to serve mankind;
15 That they may bring forth food from the earth, *
and wine to gladden our hearts,
16 Oil to make a cheerful countenance, *
and bread to strengthen the heart.
17 The trees of the Lord are full of sap, *
the cedars of Lebanon which he planted,
18 In which the birds build their nests, *
and in whose tops the stork makes his dwelling.
19 The high hills are a refuge for the mountain goats, *
and the stony cliffs for the rock badgers.
20 You appointed the moon to mark the seasons, *
and the sun knows the time of its setting.
21 You make darkness that it may be night, *
in which all the beasts of the forest prowl.
22 The lions roar after their prey *
and seek their food from God.
23 The sun rises, and they slip away *
and lay themselves down in their dens.
24 Man goes forth to his work *
and to his labor until the evening.
25 O Lord, how manifold are your works! *
in wisdom you have made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.
26 Yonder is the great and wide sea
with its living things too many to number, *
creatures both small and great.
27 There move the ships,
and there is that Leviathan, *
which you have made for the sport of it.
28 All of them look to you *
to give them their food in due season.
29 You give it to them; they gather it; *
you open your hand, and they are filled with good things.
30 You hide your face, and they are terrified; *
you take away their breath,
and they die and return to their dust.
31 You send forth your Spirit, and they are created; *
and so you renew the face of the earth.
32 May the glory of the Lord endure for ever; *
may the Lord rejoice in all his works.
33 He looks at the earth and it trembles; *
he touches the mountains and they smoke.
34 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; *
I will praise my God while I have my being.
35 May these words of mine please him; *
I will rejoice in the Lord.
36 Let sinners be consumed out of the earth, *
and the wicked be no more.
37 Bless the Lord, O my soul. *
Hallelujah!


Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know that I am.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Dear God in the silence and your light we hear your voice calling us to love, serve,and give thanks.

In the silence and your light O God,we pray that peace will prevail upon this your fragile and broken world.

In the silence O God, help us to realize that wherever we plant our feet, take a breath, and live that is holy ground for a holy people.

In the silence and your light O God, we pray for all of our family members who are in need of healing of body, mind, and spirits.

In the silence and your light O God, , help us to be still and know that You are God.

In the silence and your light O God, , we pray for the needs of the least of these that we may come into their lives without fear but quietly, gently, and with compassion.

In the silence and your light O God, listen for you walking in your Cathedral of Life at the time of the evening breeze.

In the silence and your light O God, give us loving and joyful hearts that are enlivened and on fire for you!

In the silence and your light O God, we give thanks for all of your goodness and mercy and offer our thanks______

In the silence and your light O God we pray for the troubled areas of the world and for all refugees, captives, political prisoners, victims of human trafficking, and violence in its many forms.

In the silence and your light O God, we pray for all who are mourning the losses of loved ones or any kind of loss. We pray that they may gradually accept silence as cleansing and healing and not something to run away from.

In the silence and your light O God, help us to rely and put our trust in your love, grace, mercy, and inclusion.

In the silence and your light ,O God, help us at this time of year to tune out all the unnecessary hype and consumerism this Spring holiday season brings. May we celebrate these holidays well and give us courage to put the true meanings of these holy and special days back into practice.

In the silence and your light O God, we add our additional prayers for ourselves and on behalf of others especially____________

In the silence and your light O God, we lift up these our prayers to your Only Son Jesus the Christ our redeemer, healer,reconciler, brother, master, and friend, Amen.

The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32
Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)


Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.
(source: from Saint Clare)

+++++
Good Night Dear Ones! I love you! Remember we are COGs and Need to remain CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Mercifu) so that all things will work for the betterment of all and for the good of all creation. I give thanks to God for you everyday. 

With love and prayers and "All things Bright and Beautiful" on this first day  of Spring.

Sara

Resources 
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching Our Worship



No comments:

Post a Comment