Friday, June 30, 2017

De-Cluttering Day VIII: Time to stop the glorification of busy is another way to de-clutter! Retreat Weekend is Here!





Good Evening Lovies!

Happy Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly Without Fretting! We are on De-Cluttering Day VIII: Time to stop the glorification of busy is another way to de-clutter! Retreat Weekend is Here!
Yes my dear family we can clutter up our lives not only with things but by too much activity.  I have seen it all too often of late that we find ourselves occupying multiple hours of the day just to escape things and maybe our fears of the present situation in our nation that is troubling our inner beings. Not that activity and being engaged in resistance and anything else is bad mind you, it isn't. We just need to find some kind of balance that will keep us mindful of our purpose in life and our inward healthiness. So that means we need to be mindful this weekend and stop the glorification of busy. Here is our time frame: 1/3 Physical wellness/ mindfulness 1/3 mental wellness/ mindfulness, and 1/3 spiritual mindfulness /wellness. Time needs to be spent resting and meditating in silence and stillness.  Figure out your game plan and carry it through. Sunday is our day of Sabbath and that means we give ourselves permission to rest and practice our own blue laws.  To get us started tonight let us do our Worry/Sabbath Jar, Journal, Box work and cleanse our minds and spirits from all the clutter going on there. Take your time! Then come on back for a time of modified Evening Prayer from the New Zealand Prayer Book and other resources.

Let us be at prayer!


Hail, gladdening Light, of God’s pure glory poured, 
Who is the immortal Father, heavenly, blest, 
Holiest of holies, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now we are come to the sun’s hour of rest, 
The lights of evening round us shine, 
We hymn the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit divine.

Worthiest art thou at all times to be sung, 
With undefilèd tongue, 
Son of our God, Giver of life, alone! 
Therefore in all the world thy glories, Lord, they own.



Eternal Spirit, flow through our being and open our lips, 
that our mouths may proclaim your praise.
Let us worship the God of love. 
Alleluia, alleluia.

Approach
The angels of God guard us through the night,
and quieten the powers of darkness.

The Spirit of God be our guide
to lead us to peace and to glory.

It is but lost labour that we haste to rise up early, 
and so late take rest, and eat the bread of anxiety. 
For those beloved of God are given gifts even while they sleep.

Silence

My brothers and sisters, 
our help is in the name of the eternal God,
who is making the heavens and the earth.


Dear God, 
thank you for all that is good, 
for our creation and for our humanity, 
for the stewardship you have given us of this planet earth, 
for the gifts of life and of one another, 
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.

O thou, most holy and beloved, 

my Companion, my Guide upon the way, 
my bright evening star.


A Smudging Prayer

Creator, our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ.
May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit
 will help us to worship in spirit and truth.
We pray in the name of Jesus,
so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you.

Amen.

Psalm 119: 17-24
Gimel Retribue servo tuo

17 Deal bountifully with your servant, *
that I may live and keep your word.

18 Open my eyes, that I may see *
the wonders of your law.

19 I am a stranger here on earth; *
do not hide your commandments from me.

20 My soul is consumed at all times *
with longing for your judgments.

21 You have rebuked the insolent; *
cursed are they who stray from your commandments!

22 Turn from me shame and rebuke, *
for I have kept your decrees.

23 Even though rulers sit and plot against me, *
I will meditate on your statutes.

24 For your decrees are my delight, *
and they are my counselors.

Hymn

Before the ending of the day, 
Creator of the world we pray, 
that you, with love and lasting light,
would guard us through the hours of night.

From all ill dreams defend our eyes, 
from nightly fears and fantasies; 
redeem through us our evil foe, 
that we no lasting harm may know.

O wisest Guide, grant all we ask,
fulfil in us your holy task, 
surround us with your love and care, 
and lead us on, your life to share.

All praise to God, sustaining us, 
redeeming and transforming us, 
thanksgiving in eternity, 
all praise, belovèd Trinity.



Isaiah 49:1-6

49 Listen to me, O coastlands,
   pay attention, you peoples from far away!
The Lord called me before I was born,
   while I was in my mother’s womb he named me. 
2 He made my mouth like a sharp sword,
   in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me a polished arrow,
   in his quiver he hid me away. 
3 And he said to me, ‘You are my servant,
   Israel, in whom I will be glorified.’ 
4 But I said, ‘I have laboured in vain,
   I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity;
yet surely my cause is with the Lord,
   and my reward with my God.’ 


5 And now the Lord says,
   who formed me in the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him,
   and that Israel might be gathered to him,
for I am honoured in the sight of the Lord,
   and my God has become my strength— 
6 he says,
‘It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
   to raise up the tribes of Jacob
   and to restore the survivors of Israel;
I will give you as a light to the nations,
   that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.’ 



Be still and know that I am God. 
Be still and know that I am God. 
Be still and know that I am God.

I am the God that healeth thee. 
I am the God that healeth thee.
I am the God that healeth thee.

In thee, O God, I put my trust. 
In thee, O God, I put my trust. 
In thee, O God, I put my trust.


Galatians 3:26-29

26 for in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith. 27 As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s offspring,* heirs according to the promise.


God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and at my departing.


Mark 12:1-12

12 Then he began to speak to them in parables. ‘A man planted a vineyard, put a fence around it, dug a pit for the wine press, and built a watch-tower; then he leased it to tenants and went to another country. 2 When the season came, he sent a slave to the tenants to collect from them his share of the produce of the vineyard. 3 But they seized him, and beat him, and sent him away empty-handed. 4 And again he sent another slave to them; this one they beat over the head and insulted. 5 Then he sent another, and that one they killed. And so it was with many others; some they beat, and others they killed. 6 He had still one other, a beloved son. Finally he sent him to them, saying, “They will respect my son.” 7 But those tenants said to one another, “This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.” 8 So they seized him, killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard. 9 What then will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the tenants and give the vineyard to others. 10 Have you not read this scripture:
“The stone that the builders rejected
   has become the cornerstone;* 
11 this was the Lord’s doing,
   and it is amazing in our eyes”?’

12 When they realized that he had told this parable against them, they wanted to arrest him, but they feared the crowd. So they left him and went away.

The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen

Liberating God, we thank you most heartily for the steadfast courage of your servant Pauli Murray, who fought long and well: Unshackle us from bonds of prejudice and fear so that we show forth your reconciling love and true freedom, which you revealed through your Son our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Gracious God we come to you with weary bodies, minds and spirits this evening we know that when we come to you and in your presence that we will find rest, relaxation, and renewal.
We pray for those who are feeling despair and are alone. We pray that your comforting presence may abide with them.
We pray for all those who are in the hospital and ill and their families who sit a bedside. We pray for healing for all those who are ill in body, mind, and spirit,
We pray this night for all those who have entered eternal joy suddenly and we pray for their families who are at a loss and in grief. We remember especially___________________
We pray for the peace of the world and an end to terror and violence. We pray that we may do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with you O God.
We pray for those discerning vocations and new life paths! We pray that you O God will lead them to their true calling.
We pray for all those who have asked us to pray for and especially for ourselves! Help us to learn to love ourselves, our family members (Neighbors) , and you God more fully and without fear.
We pray that we may be more loving, accepting, to all of our brothers and sisters remembering that all means all and not some and we don't get to pick and choose who our family members are.
We lift up our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.
********


Song of SimeonNunc Dimittis

Praise be to God, I have lived to see this day.
God’s promise is fulfilled, and my duty done.
At last you have given me peace,
for I have seen with my own eyes 
the salvation you have prepared for all nations - 
a light to the world in its darkness, 
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory be God, sustaining, redeeming, sanctifying, 
as in the beginning, so now, and for ever. 
Amen.
A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.

Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21


+++++

Good Night All! Time to Rest, Recover, and Renew! I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always!

With love and peace,

Sara

++++

Part of De-Cluttering is also stopping the glorification of busy by cluttering our lives with activity. Here are a few suggestions from the blog I wrote 3 years ago.
Walk With Me On Our Journey's Suggestions for RRR (Resting, Relaxation, and Renewal)
Turn off all the electronic devices. Unplug
Make your home a spa
Candles, incense, aromatherapy
Play your favorite music ( Listening now to "Phantom of the Opera" as we speak)
Make it a PJ day or evening!
Go to a hotel and enjoy time away from home - Can you spell Staycation
Go to the movies
Explore new restaurants
Take a drive. Steve and I did the 'Sideways' movie map!
Tour your town's historical places
Sing in the shower
Have a date night with yourself or that special someone.
Pray Meditate, and have a conversation with God
Walk, hike, bike, boat!
Take a trip to a nearby city
Fall in love with being by yourself
Walk on the beach, smell the sea air!
Prayer walk
Walk a labyrinth
Sing loudly and lustily!
Take pictures outdoors and enjoy God's Cathedral of Life
Go to church
Don't forget about intimacy with your partner or spouse ! It is essential!
The list is endless! Be Creative, DON'T JUST DO, BE!
That should give you enough fodder for starters!

+++++
Resources:
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching Our Worship
Satucket Lectionary Page
New Zealand Prayer Book
Metis Aboriginal Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment