Friday, December 14, 2018

#AdventWords2018 #HashTagsWithMeaning - #Prune - Day 30 of Celtic Advent: 40 days of action and expectation!


                                                     #Prune








Good Evening Dear Family !

Happy Friday! I hope all is well and that you are ready for our mid-Advent Retreat! Yes this is the time and this is the place where we begin to #Prune aspects of our lives in order to bear fruit and get ready once again for the new year. #Pruning is necessary for the health of our bodies, minds, and spirits not to mention our inner-beings. If we don't get rid of all the gunk and greasy build up in our lives we won't be able to grow in more ways than one. Our homework for this weekend and leading up to Christmas is to begin de-muddling, de-cluttering, and deciding what matters most. We also need to reduce one activity from our calendars if necessary this week. It is completely ok to say No! If you are new to the grieving process remember it is your turn to do what is best for you during the holidays! This also goes for everyone here at Walk With Me On Our Journey! Take time for the renewing of your bodies and spirits so that you can be healthy. Practice good life hygiene :Eat and drink moderately, get enough sleep, exercise (Prayer walk), and spend time in prayer and meditation. 
Today's #AdventWord is #Prune! Let us do our definition work and find out where #prune came from. Don't forget to do your journal work! I haven't mentioned it for awhile but this when we remember to do our Worry/Free Sabbath jar, journal (this journal should be a separate one from the one we are using for journaling our Advent Journey), and box work. That means writing down what is bothering us and giving us angst and putting them in a journal, box, or jar and putting them on hold until Monday or even forever. 


Let us ponder the quotes below beloved ones and then let us light our candles, pray and enter into our Friday vigil and worship.


"To love is to be transformed into what we love. To love God is therefore to be transformed into God." ~ John of the Cross

"When Isaiah predicted that spears would become pruning hooks, that's a reference to cultivating. Pruning and trimming and growing and paying close attention to the plants and whether they're getting enough water and if their roots are deep enough. Soil under the fingernails, grapes being trampled under bare feet, fingers sticky from handling fresh fruit. It's that green stripe you get around the sole of your shoes when you mow the lawn. Life in the age to come. Earthy." ~ Rob Bell

"In the twilight of life, God will not judge us on our earthly possessions and human success, but rather on how much we have loved." ~ John of the Cross

"The seed of God's Word won't grow to fruitfulness without pruning for rest, quiet, and calm" ~ Kevin DeYoung

"Silence is God's first language." ~ John of the Cross

"I still have a dream today that one day war will come to an end, that men will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks, that nations will no longer rise up against nations, neither will they study war any more." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"God leads every soul by a separate path." ~ John of the Cross

""The flowers have appeared in our land: the time of pruning is come: the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land."  When the soul, like the solitary turtle-dove, retires and recollects itself in meditation to converse with God, then the flowers, that is, good desires, appear; then comes the time of pruning, that is, the correction of faults that are discovered in mental prayer." ~ Alphonsus Liguori

"My sole occupation is love." ~ John of the Cross

It is the God who said, Let light shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, to show that the transcendent power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed;perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our body.
2 Corinthians 4:6-10


Today’s Meditation from the Northumbria Community!

Be open to the night…
Pray with open hand, not with clenched fist…
Shapes loom out of the darkness, uncertain and unclear: but the hooded stranger on horseback emerging from the mist need not be assumed to be the bearer of ill…
The night is large and full of wonders…

Lord Dunsany


Tonight we light our candles and speak the names of these our brothers and sisters who were killed by gun violence at Sandy Hook, around the corner from where I live in Santa Maria and a special remembrance of the young girl who died of thirst at the border at the hands of the Border Patrol.

We speak the names of these precious ones so that we may remember them forever:

"IF YOU SPEAK MY NAME, I WILL LIVE FOREVER."
Those killed at Sandy Hook, Santa Maria, and in Detention at the Border:

We speak the names of Charlotte Bacon,Daniel Barden, 
Olivia Engel,
These beloved children of God will live forever.



We speak the names of Josephine Gay,Dylan Hockley,  Madeleine Hsu
These beloved children of God will live forever.




 We speak the names of  Catherine Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, 
These beloved children of God will live forever.



We speak the names of Ana Márquez-Greene, James Mattioli, Grace McDonnell 
These beloved children of God will live forever.



We speak the names of Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto,  Noah Pozner
These beloved children of God will live forever.




We speak the names of Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman 
These beloved children of God will live forever.




We speak the names of Benjamin Wheeler,  Allison Wyatt, 
These beloved child of God will live forever.




We speak the names of Rachel D'Avino, Dawn Hochsprung, Anne Marie Murphy,
These beloved children of God will live forever.



We speak the names of Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Leigh Soto,
These beloved children of God will live forever.


We speak the names of those killed in gun violence in the Stowell Manor Neighborhood in Santa Maria, California
We speak the names of Adrian Alvarez, Ulises Garcia, Adrian Velazquez
These beloved children of God will live forever


We Speak the name(s) of any child who has died in detention at the hands of border agents. 
We speak the name of Jakelin Amei Rosmery Caal Maquin
This beloved child of God will live forever.


We pray the unknown names of all those who have lost their lives in acts of gun violence, wildfire, and tragedies too numerous to number.





We light one final candle in love, memory, and unity as we enter into a time of prayer and scriptural readings.

Let us spend time in silent reflection and in the presence of God.


Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.

Silence

Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.


May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.



Now let us Light Additional Candles and be at prayer.A Prayer When Lighting A Candle

O Blessed Lord, accept this burning candle as a sign of my faith and love for you.
Like this candle, I am ready to be used in your service, without asking why and to what purpose.
Even as this candle, I wish to stand in your presence to be consumed in the light and warmth of
your love.
Please hear my prayer and, if it be your will, grant my petition.
Above all, make me loyal and faithful to you in all circumstances of my life.
Amen.

(www.stanthonysparish.com)


The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 
I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditation.

Light of the World Phos hilaron


Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.
+++

Prayer Over The Advent Candle

O God, as light comes from this candle,
May the blessing of Jesus Christ come to us,
Warming our hearts and brightening our way.
May Christ our Savior
Bring life into the darkness of this world,
And to us, as we wait for his coming.
Amen.

(www.catholicnewsagency.com)



 Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.


See the source image


God and Creator of us all we pray and light our candles this night at a time where we are finding ourselves sorely divided one from another by a myriad of circumstances. We pray that we may start to learn from each other and place our egos and the need to be right at the door. We pray that we may use gentle speech and kind actions when we meet someone who differs from us. We pray that we may lovingly enfold them in our arms and extend to them radical hospitality and welcome. We pray that we may continually beat the weaponry of hate into ploughshares and turn the spears of division into pruning hooks and that we may grow into a peace-filled and loving world. We pray this night for all who are enduring any kind of pain that they may be comforted and that we may lovingly respond to their needs. We pray and ask this night for forgiveness of any action or word we have done or spoken this day and that we may turn away and repent of the wrongs we have done. We pray that we may spread God's light of love, peace, and learning to this world and that we may be beacons of hope, joy, love, and peace. We pray that we may follow Jesus and imitate him by being CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) and show the world that we are carried aloft by the Holy Spirit's Love Energy and that our Hearts and heart homes may be enlarged and that truly we may become one family of God and Love and brothers and sisters one to another. Amen.


Image result for vigil candles






121 Levavi oculos

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills; *
from where is my help to come?

2 My help comes from the Lord, *
the maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot be moved *
and he who watches over you will not fall asleep.

4 Behold, he who keeps watch over Israel *
shall neither slumber nor sleep;

5 The Lord himself watches over you; *
the Lord is your shade at your right hand,

6 So that the sun shall not strike you by day, *
nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; *
it is he who shall keep you safe.

8 The Lord shall watch over your going out and
your coming in, *
from this time forth for evermore.

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Song 3:1-4

A Dream of Love

3Upon my bed at night
   I sought him whom my soul loves;
I sought him, but found him not;
   I called him, but he gave no answer.* 
2 ‘I will rise now and go about the city,
   in the streets and in the squares;
I will seek him whom my soul loves.’
   I sought him, but found him not. 
3 The sentinels found me,
   as they went about in the city.
‘Have you seen him whom my soul loves?’ 
4 Scarcely had I passed them,
   when I found him whom my soul loves.
I held him, and would not let him go
   until I brought him into my mother’s house,
   and into the chamber of her that conceived me.

A Song of Lamentation
Lamentations 1:12,16; 3:19,22-24,26
Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? *
Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow,
Which was brought upon me, *
inflicted by God’s fierce anger.
For these things I weep; my eyes flow with tears, *
for a comforter is far from me, one to revive my courage.
Remember my affliction and my bitterness, *
wormwood and gall!
The steadfast love of God never ceases, *
God’s mercies never end.
They are new every morning; *
great is your faithfulness.
“God is my portion,” says my soul, *
“therefore will I hope in God.”
It is good that we should wait quietly *
for the coming of God’s salvation.

John 16:12-22

12 ‘I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15All that the Father has is mine. For this reason I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Sorrow Will Turn into Joy

16 ‘A little while, and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me.’ 17Then some of his disciples said to one another, ‘What does he mean by saying to us, “A little while, and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me”; and “Because I am going to the Father”?’ 18They said, ‘What does he mean by this “a little while”? We do not know what he is talking about.’ 19Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, ‘Are you discussing among yourselves what I meant when I said, “A little while, and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me”? 20Very truly, I tell you, you will weep and mourn, but the world will rejoice; you will have pain, but your pain will turn into joy. 21When a woman is in labour, she has pain, because her hour has come. But when her child is born, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy of having brought a human being into the world. 22So you have pain now; but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.

A Song of Jonah
Jonah 2:2-7,9

I called to you, O God, out of my distress, and you answered me; *
out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice.
You cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, *
and the flood surrounded me;
all your waves and billows passed over me.
Then I said, “I am driven away from your sight; *
how shall I ever look again upon your holy temple?”
The waters closed in over me, the deep was round about me; *
weeds were wrapped around my head at the roots of the mountains.
I went down to the land beneath the earth, *
yet you brought up my life from the depths, O God.
As my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, O God, *
and my prayer came to you, into your holy temple.
With the voice of thanksgiving, I will sacrifice to you; *
what I have vowed I will pay, for deliverance belongs to the
Lord!

From A New Zealand Prayer Book-

Lord, 
it is night.

The night is for stillness. 
Let us be still in the presence of God.

It is night after a long day. 
What has been done has been done; 
what has not been done has not been done; 
let it be.

The night is dark. 
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives 
rest in you. 
The night is quiet. 
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us, 
all dear to us, 
and all who have no peace.

The night heralds the dawn. 
Let us look expectantly to a new day, 
new joys, 
new possibilities.

In your name we pray.
Amen.

Judge eternal, throned in splendor, who gave John of the Cross strength of purpose and faith that sustained him even through the dark night of the soul: Shed your light on all who love you, in unity with Jesus Christ our Savior; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Second Sunday of Advent

Merciful God, who sent your messengers the prophets to
preach repentance and prepare the way for our salvation:
Give us grace to heed their warnings and forsake our sins,
that we may greet with joy the coming of Jesus Christ our
Redeemer; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy
Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. (BCP)

Praise and honour to you, living God;
you chose the Hebrew people
and brought them step by step
to look for a redeemer, and hope for the Christ.
Give us grace to see our need
and recognise salvation when it comes. (ANZPB)

God of Israel old and new,
write in our hearts the lessons of your law;
prepare our minds to receive the gospel
made visible in your Son Jesus Christ. (ANZPB)

Living God, you called your people out of Egypt
and gave them the covenant;
prepare our hearts to hear your call,
so that we may receive with joy the gospel of your Son
and be your faithful people,
now and for ever.  (ANZPB)

God we pray that we may find our way back to having a childlike trust in you.

God we pray for all children young and old in all cities remembering our brothers and sisters who were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown 6 years ago today, that they may be safe to night and that everywhere in this your fragile and broken world that all lives matter.

God we pray for all of our family members who are struggling and feeling overwhelmed.

God we pray for all who travel that they may be alert and safe whatever mode of transportation they take.

God we pray for ourselves and those who are coping with seasonal illnesses and all other illnesses of  body, mind, and spirit.

God we pray for all children who are being abused, bullied, marginalized, and made to feel invisible because of any kind of disability.

God we pray for all those who grieve losses and those who are pre-grieving. May we be sources of compassion, comfort, and love.

God we pray for peace in this fragile and broken world.  May wars, terror, and all division cease.

God we pray this night for all caregivers and especially our troops who protect our country both here and around the world. We pray also for all those who work for the Department of State.

God we pray for  all those who are living with mental and memory related illnesses and those who care for them.

God we pray for the least of these who are our family members too. We pray that they may find shelter, clothing, and food. May we always see You  in their eyes.

God we pray for all who are engaging in peaceful non-violent protests. May they be safe and may they know that this is what they are called to do.

God we pray for ourselves and on behalf of all our family members of love who  have come to us asking for prayer____________________

We lift up these our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.
The Lord’s Prayer or the alternative is said. From A New Zealand Prayer Book

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen.
Or
Eternal Spirit,
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world!
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings!
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and for ever. Amen.

Prayer of St. Teresa of Avila


Lord,
Thou knowest better than I myself
that I am growing older and will someday be old.
Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking
I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.
Release me from craving to
straighten out everybody’s affairs.
Make me thoughtful but not moody;
helpful but not bossy.
With my vast store of wisdom,
it seems a pity not to use it all;
but Thou knowest, Lord,
that I want a few friends at the end.
Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details;
give me wings to get to the point.
Seal my lips on my aches and pains;
they are increasing, and love of rehearsing them
is becoming sweeter as the years go by.
I dare not ask for improved memory,
but for a growing humility and a lessening cock-sureness
when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others.
Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.
Keep me reasonably sweet, for a sour old person
is one of the crowning works of the devil.
Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places
and talents in unexpected people;
and give, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.
Amen.
– – – prayer by St. Teresa of Avila

When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


 For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.



 A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

For the Poor and the Neglected
Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you
all poor and neglected persons whom it would be easy for us
to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick,
and all who have none to care for them. Help us to heal those
who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow
into joy. Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for
our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For the Oppressed
Look with pity, O heavenly Father, upon the people in this
land who live with injustice, terror, disease, and death as
their constant companions. Have mercy upon us. Help us to
eliminate our cruelty to these our neighbors. Strengthen those
who spend their lives establishing equal protection of the law
and equal opportunities for all. And grant that every one of
us may enjoy a fair portion of the riches of this land; through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


For those who Influence Public Opinion
Almighty God, you proclaim your truth in every age by many
voices: Direct, in our time, we pray, those who speak where
many listen and write what many read; that they may do their
part in making the heart of this people wise, its mind sound, and
its will righteous; to the honor of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

For the Care of Children
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the
joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient
wisdom as we bring them up, that we may teach them to love
whatever is just and true and good, following the example of
our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

 For Young Persons
God our Father, you see your children growing up in an
unsteady and confusing world: Show them that your ways
give more life than the ways of the world, and that following
you is better than chasing after selfish goals. Help them to
take failure, not as a measure of their worth, but as a chance
for a new start. Give them strength to hold their faith in you,
and to keep alive their joy in your creation; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.


“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”


 

The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32


Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel.

A Prayer of St. Chrysostom

Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one
accord to make our common supplication to you; and you
have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two
or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the
midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions
as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of
your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.

May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in
believing through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Romans 15:13
The blessing of God, the eternal goodwill of God, the shalom of God, the wildness and the warmth of God, be among us and between us, now and always.
Today's Celtic Rite of Compline from the Northumbria Community may be added!
Friday – The Boisil Compline
Boisil, Prior of Melrose Abbey, died in 661. Bede described him as a ‘priest of great virtue and prophetic spirit.’ Boisil, on his first meeting with Cuthbert, who was to be his pupil, exclaimed, ‘Behold, the servant of the Lord!’ – recognizing the call of God on the young man’s life.If this Compline is being used in a group setting the * notation indicates a change of reader; words in bold are said all together; words in bold italic are said by each person in turn; and + indicates where you might make the sign of the cross.


+ (silently)

* O Lord, You will keep us safe
and protect us forever.

I am placing my soul and my body
in Thy safe keeping this night, O God,
in Thy safe keeping, O Jesus Christ,
in Thy safe keeping, O Spirit of perfect truth.
The Three who would defend my cause
be keeping me this night from harm.

* I call on You, O God,
for You will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.

* Show the wonder of Your great love,
You who save by Your right hand
those who take refuge in You from their foes.

* Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings.

Lighten my darkness, Lord.
Let the light of Your presence
dispel the shadows of night.

* Christ with me sleeping,
Christ with me waking,
Christ with me watching,
each day and each night.

* Save us, Lord, while we are awake,
guard us while we are asleep;
that, awake, we may watch with Christ,
and, asleep, may rest in His peace.

God with me protecting,
the Lord with me directing,
the Spirit with me strengthening
for ever and for evermore.

* In the name of the Father precious,
and of the Spirit of healing balm.
In the name of the Lord Jesus,
I lay me down to rest.

The peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.


Good Night Dear Ones! Tomorrow we will add our additional prayers from this week's #AdventWords! But first let us take a look at our action items from the Celtic Advent Calendar: Today:Notice the really small things in life, like bugs or dust bunnies. Tomorrow:Take a break from your smartphone and all screens this evening. Rediscover the world. Don't forget to start working on your #Pruning plan! I love you.


Peace, love, joy, and hope!

Sara




Resources

Satucket Lectionary Page - Juan de la Cruz ( John of the Cross)
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1 and 2
Quote sites for prayers
Northumbria Community
Metis Aboriginal Ministries
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Contemplative Cottage
Here is a helpful calendar that will lead us through the season: Celtic Advent Calendar 2018

Optional Readings: 
Daily office:

AM Psalm 31; PM Psalm 35 
Isa. 7:10-25; 2 Thess. 2:13-3:5; Luke 22:14-30

Eucharistic Readings:
Psalm 1 
Isaiah 48:17-19; Matthew 11:16-19


Bonus definition of #Prune
prune1
/pro͞on/
noun
noun: prune; plural noun: prunes
a plum preserved by drying, having a black, wrinkled appearance.

INFORMAL
an unpleasant or disagreeable person.
"he was a good leader, but a miserable old prune"
Origin

Middle English: from Old French, via Latin from Greek prou(m)non ‘plum.’

prune2
/pro͞on/
verb
verb: prune; 3rd person present: prunes; past tense: pruned; past participle: pruned; gerund or present participle: pruning
trim (a tree, shrub, or bush) by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems, especially to increase fruitfulness and growth.

synonyms: cut back, trim, thin, pinch back, clip, shear, top, dock
"I pruned the roses"


cut away (a branch or stem).
"prune back the branches"

synonyms: cut off, lop (off), chop off, clip, snip (off), nip off, dock
"prune lateral shoots of wisteria"

reduce the extent of (something) by removing superfluous or unwanted parts.
"reduction achieved by working harder or pruning costs"

synonyms: reduce, cut (back/down), pare (down), slim down, make reductions in, make cutbacks in, trim, decrease, diminish, downsize, ax, shrink;
informalslash
"staff numbers have been pruned"


antonyms: increase

remove (superfluous or unwanted parts) from something.
"Elliot deliberately pruned away details"
Origin

late 15th century (in the sense ‘abbreviate’): from Old French pro(o)ignier, possibly based on Latinrotundus ‘round.’

No comments:

Post a Comment