Monday, December 3, 2018

#AdventWords2018 #HashTagsWithMeaning - #watch -Day 19 of Celtic Advent: 40 days of action and expectation!



Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy Monday! Today's #Advent2018 #HashTagsWithMeaning is #Watch! #Watch can mean many things, just consult any dictionary ! Tonight #watch means for us to keep awake and being prayerfully vigilant. Advent is a time where we must keep watch in joyful expectation and  be prepared for our renewal of Jesus' presence in our lives. What does the word #Watch mean to you? This is your pondering work for this day and tomorrow.  Our Advent Calendar action items are here:
Today:Take a friend to tea (or coffee), leave the smartphone in your bag
Tomorrow:Play a game from childhood or with a little person in your life 

#Watch this space for daily assignments or quotes to ponder


Homework: Keep Journaling your #AdventWords
Today see how many prayers you can make with the synonyms of the #AdventWord #Watch
Here are a few synonyms just to get us started:
Synonyms of watch
follow, heed, listen (to), mind, note, observe, regard
Words Related to watch
consider, contemplate, mull, ponder, weigh

comply (with), conform (to), keep, obey, respect

attend (to), hark (to), hear, hearken (to)

mark, notice, see


Let us begin our time together with with this prayer:

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or
weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who
sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless
the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the
joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen. 


Advent

You Lord are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name. Leave us not. Jeremiah 14:9

Watch , for you know not when the master of the house 
will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or 
in the morning; lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. 
Mark 13:35, 36

In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight 
in the desert a highway for our God.    Isaiah 40:3

The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see 
it together.    Isaiah 40:5 

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 32

The Son of man is to come with the angels in the glory of the Father. Matthew 16:27a (adapted)

Arise, O Jerusalem, stand upon the height and look toward the
east, and see your children gathered from west and east at the
word of the Holy One. Baruch 5:5

Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down
righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may spring up,
and let it cause righteousness to sprout up also. Isaiah 45:8, NRSV

Confession of Need


Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.

Silence

Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.


May the God of love visit us in our times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Now let us Light Our Candles and be at prayer.



The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 

I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditation. 



Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

Psalm 134 Ecce nunc

Behold now, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, *
you that stand by night in the house of the LORD.
Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the LORD; *
the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

Psalm 141:1-3,8ab Domine, clamavi

O LORD, I call to you; come to me quickly; *
hear my voice when I cry to you.
Let my prayer be set forth in your sight as incense, *
the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch before my mouth, O LORD,
and guard the door of my lips; *
let not my heart incline to any evil thing.
My eyes are turned to you, Lord GOD; *
in you I take refuge.


4 Cum invocarem

1 Answer me when I call, O God, defender of my cause; *
you set me free when I am hard-pressed;
have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

2 "You mortals, how long will you dishonor my glory; *
how long will you worship dumb idols
and run after false gods?"

3 Know that the Lord does wonders for the faithful; *
when I call upon the Lord, he will hear me.

4 Tremble, then, and do not sin; *
speak to your heart in silence upon your bed.

5 Offer the appointed sacrifices *
and put your trust in the Lord.

6 Many are saying, "Oh, that we might see better times!" *
Lift up the light of your countenance upon us, O Lord.

7 You have put gladness in my heart, *
more than when grain and wine and oil increase.

8 I lie down in peace; at once I fall asleep; *
for only you, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

7 Domine, Deus meus

1 O Lord my God, I take refuge in you; *
save and deliver me from all who pursue me;

2 Lest like a lion they tear me in pieces *
and snatch me away with none to deliver me.

3 O Lord my God, if I have done these things: *
if there is any wickedness in my hands,

4 If I have repaid my friend with evil, *
or plundered him who without cause is my enemy;

5 Then let my enemy pursue and overtake me, *
trample my life into the ground,
and lay my honor in the dust.

6 Stand up, O Lord, in your wrath; *
rise up against the fury of my enemies.

7 Awake, O my God, decree justice; *
let the assembly of the peoples gather round you.

8 Be seated on your lofty throne, O Most High; *
O Lord, judge the nations.

9 Give judgment for me according to my
righteousness, O Lord, *
and according to my innocence, O Most High.

10 Let the malice of the wicked come to an end,
but establish the righteous; *
for you test the mind and heart, O righteous God.

11 God is my shield and defense; *
he is the savior of the true in heart.

12 God is a righteous judge; *
God sits in judgment every day.

13 If they will not repent, God will whet his sword; *
he will bend his bow and make it ready.

14 He has prepared his weapons of death; *
he makes his arrows shafts of fire.

15 Look at those who are in labor with wickedness, *
who conceive evil, and give birth to a lie.

16 They dig a pit and make it deep *
and fall into the hole that they have made.

17 Their malice turns back upon their own head; *
their violence falls on their own scalp.

18 I will bear witness that the Lord is righteous; *
I will praise the Name of the Lord Most High.



Isaiah 1:10-20


10 Hear the word of the Lord,
   you rulers of Sodom!
Listen to the teaching of our God,
   you people of Gomorrah! 
11 What to me is the multitude of your sacrifices?
   says the Lord;
I have had enough of burnt-offerings of rams
   and the fat of fed beasts;
I do not delight in the blood of bulls,
   or of lambs, or of goats. 

12 When you come to appear before me,*
   who asked this from your hand?
   Trample my courts no more; 
13 bringing offerings is futile;
   incense is an abomination to me.
New moon and sabbath and calling of convocation—
   I cannot endure solemn assemblies with iniquity. 
14 Your new moons and your appointed festivals
   my soul hates;
they have become a burden to me,
   I am weary of bearing them. 
15 When you stretch out your hands,
   I will hide my eyes from you;
even though you make many prayers,
   I will not listen;
   your hands are full of blood. 
16 Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean;
   remove the evil of your doings
   from before my eyes;
cease to do evil, 
17   learn to do good;
seek justice,
   rescue the oppressed,
defend the orphan,
   plead for the widow. 

18 Come now, let us argue it out,
   says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
   they shall be like snow;
though they are red like crimson,
   they shall become like wool. 
19 If you are willing and obedient,
   you shall eat the good of the land; 
20 but if you refuse and rebel,
   you shall be devoured by the sword;
   for the mouth of the Lord has spoken. 

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem
Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22

Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *
I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *
and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, *
she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *
diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; *
I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, *
for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, *
therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, *
therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,*
and with it will I offer praise to God

1 Thessalonians 1:1-10

THE FIRST LETTER OF PAUL TO THE

Thessalonians

Salutation

1Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy,
To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
Grace to you and peace. 

The Thessalonians’ Faith and Example

2 We always give thanks to God for all of you and mention you in our prayers, constantly 3remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labour of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. 4For we know, brothers and sisters* beloved by God, that he has chosen you, 5because our message of the gospel came to you not in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of people we proved to be among you for your sake. 6And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for in spite of persecution you received the word with joy inspired by the Holy Spirit,7so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia. 8For the word of the Lord has sounded forth from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but in every place where your faith in God has become known, so that we have no need to speak about it. 9For the people of those regions* report about us what kind of welcome we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols, to serve a living and true God, 10and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath that is coming.

A Song of the Wilderness
Isaiah 35:1-7,10

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, *
the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
It shall blossom abundantly, *
and rejoice with joy and singing.
They shall see the glory of the Lord, *
the majesty of our God.
Strengthen the weary hands, *
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to the anxious, “Be strong, do not fear! *
Here is your God, coming with judgment to save you.”
Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, *
and the ears of the deaf be unstopped.
Then shall the lame leap like a deer, *
and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness *
and streams in the desert;
The burning sand shall become a pool *
and the thirsty ground, springs of water.
The ransomed of God shall return with singing, *
with everlasting joy upon their heads.
Joy and gladness shall be theirs, *
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.


Luke 20:1-8

The Authority of Jesus Questioned

20One day, as he was teaching the people in the temple and telling the good news, the chief priests and the scribes came with the elders 2and said to him, ‘Tell us, by what authority are you doing these things? Who is it who gave you this authority?’ 3He answered them, ‘I will also ask you a question, and you tell me: 4Did the baptism of John come from heaven, or was it of human origin?’ 5They discussed it with one another, saying, ‘If we say, “From heaven”, he will say, “Why did you not believe him?” 6But if we say, “Of human origin”, all the people will stone us; for they are convinced that John was a prophet.’ 7So they answered that they did not know where it came from. 8Then Jesus said to them, ‘Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.’

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Collects for the First Sunday of Advent!
Collects (ANZPB)

God of hope,
when Christ your Son appears
may he not find us asleep or idle,
but active in his service and ready.

Come, O come Emmanuel,
you are the way, the truth and the life;
you are the true vine and the bread of life.
Come, living Saviour,
come to your world which waits for you.

Almighty God,
give us grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the armour of light,
now in the time of this mortal life,
in which your Son Jesus Christ came to us in great humility;
so that when he shall come again in his glorious majesty
we may rise to the life immortal;
through him who lives and reigns with you
and the Holy Spirit,
one God now and for ever.

First Sunday of Advent (BCP)
Almighty God, give us grace to cast away the works of
darkness, and put on the armor of light, now in the time of
this mortal life in which your Son Jesus Christ came to visit
us in great humility; that in the last day, when he shall come
again in his glorious majesty to judge both the living and the
dead, we may rise to the life immortal; through him who lives
and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and
for ever. Amen.

God we pray for all who are caring for our mentally ill, homeless, and incarcerated family members. 
Help us to keep watch and minister to their needs O, God.

God we pray for safety for our family members who are asylum seekers and refugees during this time of year.
Help us to keep watch and minister to their needs O, God.

God help us to be watchful over your Cathedral of Life and be good stewards of your creation.
Help us to be good conservationists and recognize we only have one planet to live on.

God we pray for all of our family members who are ill and we remember all the caregivers tending to their needs either in medical facilities or at home. 
Help us to keep watch and care for them and minister to their needs O, God.


Prayers from last year's #HashTagsWithMeaning #Watch

Prayers with today's #AdventWord: #Watch and its synonyms. 

God keep watch over all of us who are preparing for bed time and arising. 

God help us to keep our eyes open and our vision clear to what is required of us daily as we do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with you.

God give us strength and keep awake with you so that we may serve you when you call us out into your kindom.

God help us to attend to the needs of our family members who are in need and who find themselves without food, clothing, and shelter.

God help us to be on guard and listen for the Bridegroom's coming.

God help us to watch and wait in joyful expectation this Advent season.

Give us grace to stay and be in your presence, even when our spirits are weak.

God help us to care and tend for our ill and grieving family members remembering especially.

God help us to remember to practice our daily mindfulness exercises as we now engage in "The Be Stills"
Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.


Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.


God help us to see you in all of our family members of your Beloved Community.

God help us to heed your commandments Love you, our neighbors, our enemies, and ourselves.

God, help us to be beacons of your light, love, joy, and hope tot this fragile and broken world.

God help us to be advocates for the voiceless and those who are on the margins of society.

God we pray for sound governance in this and every land that universal human rights and the respect for every human being may be made sacred and the law of the land.

God we pray that we may keep watch over your precious environment that it may be protected, renewed, and kept from needless exploitation.

God we pray for an end to all forms of violence, bigotry, and hatred and that we all may keep watch to speak out against it.

God we pray for all who are in discernment of any kind. Give us strength to heed your Call and respond with enthusiastic joy.

God we lift up these our prayers to you, your Son, and the Holy Spirit who keeps watch over us in us and through us now and always.Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer or the alternative is said. From A New Zealand Prayer Book

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen.
Or
Eternal Spirit,
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world!
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings!
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and for ever. Amen.


For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us
through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which
infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and
confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in
harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.


The Beatitudes

When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
 A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

Holy Wisdom, in your loving kindness you created and restored us when we were lost: inspire us with your truth, that we may love you with our whole minds and run to you with open hearts, through Christ our Savior. Amen. (source: Alcuin of York, Mass of Wisdom)

God our rock and refuge: keep us safe in your care and strengthen us with your grace, that we may pray to you faithfully and love one another boldly, following the example of Jesus, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives for ever and ever. Amen. (source: Veronese Sacramentary)

Loving Jesus: Protect and sustain us with your hand. Open the door of your love that, sealed with your wisdom, we may be free to serve you with joy. Amen. (a prayer of St. Gertrude)

 Jesus, you are the way through the wilderness: show us your truth in which we journey, and by the grace of the Holy Spirit be in us the life that draws us to God. Amen. (source: F.B. McNutt, The Prayer Manual [London: Mowbray, 1961], p. 29, adapted)

For Travelers

O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole
creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve
those who travel [in particular _______________]; surround
them with your loving care; protect them from every danger;
and bring them in safety to their journey's end; through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen



A Collect for Aid against Perils

Be our light in the darkness, O Lord, and in your great mercy
defend us from all perils and dangers of this night; for the love
of your only Son, our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.



Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world.
St. Teresa of Avila



The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised; 
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see: 
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel. 

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
    as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.



The Wisdom of God

the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)


Contemplation is life itself, fully awake, fully active, and fully aware that it is alive. It is spiritual wonder. It is spontaneous awe at the sacredness of life, of being. It is gratitude for life, for awareness, and for being. It is a vivid realization of the fact that life and being in us proceed from an invisible, transcendent, and infinitely abundant Source.
Thomas Merton


O God, you manifest in your servants the signs of your
presence: Send forth upon us the spirit of love, that in
companionship with one another your abounding grace may
increase among us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 


Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

God bless us and keep us,
God’s face shine on us and be gracious to us,
and give us light and peace.

Today's Celtic Rite of Compline from the Northumbria Community may be added!

Monday – The Aidan Compline

ff
Aidan came to Lindisfarne from Iona in the year 635 at the request of King Oswald. He was a man of deep prayer who meditated on the words of Scripture, equipping himself in quiet for an active and highly effective apostolate. He remained at Lindisfarne for 16 years. In 651, Aidan was taken ill at Bamburgh and died. Cuthbert, who was a that moment looking after his flock of sheep on the Lammermuir hills, saw a vision of angels taking Aidan’s soul to heaven.
If this Compline is being used in a group setting the * notation indicates a change of reader; words in bold are said all together; words in bold italic are said by each person in turn; and + indicates where you might make the sign of the cross.

+ (silently)

* O Christ, Son of the living God,
may Your holy angels guard our sleep,
may they watch over us as we rest
and hover around our beds.

* Let them reveal to us in our dreams
visions of Your glorious truth,
O High Prince of the universe,
O High Priest of the mysteries.

* May no dreams disturb our rest
and no nightmares darken our dreams.
May no fears or worries delay
our willing, prompt repose.

* May the virtue of our daily work
hallow our nightly prayers.
May our sleep be deep and soft
so our work be fresh and hard.

I will lie down and sleep in peace
for You alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

My dear ones, O God, bless Thou and keep,
in every place where they are.

* Into Your hands I commit my spirit;
I give it to You with all the love of my heart.

* How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

I make the cross of Christ upon my breast,
+ over the tablet of my hard heart,
and I beseech the Living God of the universe –
may the Light of Lights come
to my dark heart from Thy place;
may the Spirit’s wisdom come to my heart’s tablet
from my Saviour.

* Christ without sin, Christ of wounds,
I am placing my soul and my body
under Thy guarding this night,
Christ of the poor, Christ of tears.
Thy cross be my shielding this night,
O Thou Son of tears, of the wounds, of the piercing.

I am going now into the sleep:
O be it in Thy dear arm’s keep,
O God of grace, that I shall awake.

* My Christ! my Christ!
my shield, my encircler,
each day, each night,
each light, each dark.

* My Christ! my Christ!
my shield, my encircler,
each day, each night,
each light, each dark.
Be near me, uphold me,
my treasure, my triumph.

Circle me, Lord,
keep protection near
and danger afar.

* Circle me, Lord,
keep light near
and darkness afar.

* Circle me, Lord,
keep peace within;
keep evil out.

The peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.


Meditation Day 4

As for me, I can only fall on my knees and pray that the Lord Christ, who had died for me, might have His own way with me – that it might be worth His while to have done what He did and what He is doing now for me. To my Elder Brother, my Lord and my God, I give myself yet again, confidently, because He cares to have me and because my very breath is His. I will be what He wants, who knows all about it and has done everything that I might be His own – a living glory of gladness.
George MacDonald

++++

Good Night Beloved Ones! I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always! Remember! Keep Watch! Stay Awake! Do not be afraid!

Love and Blessings!

Sara

Resources

A to Z Quotes

Satucket Lectionary Page- 
Book of Common Prayer
Enriching our Worship 1 and 2
Quote sites for prayers
Northumbria Community
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Our Blog A Log: #HashTagsWithMeaning #Watch

Contemplative Cottage
Here is a helpful calendar that will lead us through the season: Celtic Advent Calendar 2018




Yesterday's Vigil prayers


Vigil prayers for today's #AdventWord, #Journey


Let us pray with this response:  Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

God we thank you that you are ever near us on our daily pilgrim #journey. Help us to not stumble but be sure of our love and faith for you.

 Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

We light this candle for all people who have set their feet upon the pilgrim's way.



God in your mercy, hear our prayer


God we pray for all refugees and asylum seekers who are on dangerous #Journeys to freedom, health and safety. Help us to learn about immigration and learn to be radically welcoming to all our brothers and sisters regardless of their status. God help us to remember in your kindom there isn't status, we are one and only a we! 
Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.


Let us light this candle in honor of the Holy Family and all saints known and unknown who risked their lives in service to you and be the change in this fragile and broken world.



God in your mercy, Hear our Prayer.

God we pray this night for all the homeless, hungry, and ill-clad who are #Journeying in the dark to find a safe place to shelter from the cold. Help us to be compassionate, accepting, loving, and merciful when we see our brothers and sisters on the streets. Give us strength and courage to learn their stories and not be afraid of our family members who are impoverished, mentally ill, and who are differently- abled. 

Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.


God we pray that we may remember these feet because, our feet may become these feet at anytime on our life's #Journey. Let us light this candle as a constant reminder of the least of these who travel with us on this #journey we call life.



God in your mercy, Hear our prayer.

God we pray this night that when anxiety and stress may cause us to become rattled, may we take this sacred #Journey and walk this labyrinth and stop, look, listen, and be in your holy presence. Help us to lean on you and learn from you life's lessons.

Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

God we light this candle for all who are walking any kind of pilgrimage. We pray for those who are on the Camino during the Winter months. Help us to walk our own Camino and spread your Good News. 






God in your mercy, Hear our prayer.

God We Pray that we may walk, speak, and follow Jesus on the Way of Love, Justice, and Peace. God give us grace to follow Jesus on the #journey, He has called us to walk. Help us to tune our ears to the prophet Micah: 

Micah 6:6-8 The Voice (VOICE)

6 Israel: What should I bring into the presence of the Eternal One
        to pay homage to the God Most High?
    Should I come into His presence with burnt offerings,
        with year-old calves to sacrifice?
7     Would the Eternal be pleased by thousands of sacrificial rams,
        by ten thousand swollen rivers of sweet olive oil?
    Should I offer my oldest son for my wrongdoing,
        the child of my body to cover the sins of my life?

8 No. He has told you, mortals, what is good in His sight.
    What else does the Eternal ask of you
But to live justly and to love kindness
    and to walk with your True God in all humility? -

Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

We light this final candle for all of us who are in need of a reminder of the vows we made at baptism and the #journey we set our feet upon as members of Christ's body!





Let us renew our baptismal vows as a reminder of the holy #journey we are on as members of the Beloved Community: 


The Renewal of Baptismal Vows


Celebrant Do you reaffirm your renunciation of evil and 
renew your commitment to Jesus Christ?
People I do.
   
Celebrant Do you believe in God the Father?
People I believe in God, the Father almighty, 
     creator of heaven and earth.

Celebrant Do you believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?
People I believe inJesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. 
     He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
          and born of the Virgin Mary.
     He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
          was crucified, died, and was buried.
     He descended to the dead.
     On the third day he rose again.
     He ascended into heaven,
          and is seated at the right hand of the Father. 
     He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
   
Celebrant Do you believe in God the Holy Spirit?
People I believe in the Holy Spirit,
     the holy catholic Church,
     the communion of saints,
     the forgiveness of sins,
     the resurrection of the body,
     and the life everlasting.
   
Celebrant Will you continue in the apostles' teaching and 
fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the 
prayers?
People I will, with God's help.
   
Celebrant Will you persevere in resisting evil, and, whenever 
you fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord?
People I will, with God's help.
   
Celebrant Will you proclaim by word and example the Good 
News of God in Christ?
People I will, with God's help.
   
Celebrant Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving 
your neighbor as yourself?
People I will, with God's help.

Celebrant Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, 
and respect the dignity of every human being?
People I will, with God's help.
The Celebrant concludes the Renewal of Vows as follows

May Almighty God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who
has given us a new birth by water and the Holy Spirit, and
bestowed upon us the forgiveness of sins, keep us in eternal
life by his grace, in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.
Optional Readings: Francis Xavier
Eucharistic Lectionary Readings: 

Psalm 122

Song of Praise and Prayer for Jerusalem

A Song of Ascents. Of David.
1 I was glad when they said to me,
   ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord!’ 
2 Our feet are standing
   within your gates, O Jerusalem. 

3 Jerusalem—built as a city
   that is bound firmly together. 
4 To it the tribes go up,
   the tribes of the Lord,
as was decreed for Israel,
   to give thanks to the name of the Lord
5 For there the thrones for judgement were set up,
   the thrones of the house of David. 

6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
   ‘May they prosper who love you. 
7 Peace be within your walls,
   and security within your towers.’ 
8 For the sake of my relatives and friends
   I will say, ‘Peace be within you.’ 
9 For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
   I will seek your good.

Isaiah 2:1-5

2The word that Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 

2 In days to come
   the mountain of the Lord’s house
shall be established as the highest of the mountains,
   and shall be raised above the hills;
all the nations shall stream to it. 
3   Many peoples shall come and say,
‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
   to the house of the God of Jacob;
that he may teach us his ways
   and that we may walk in his paths.’
For out of Zion shall go forth instruction,
   and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 
4 He shall judge between the nations,
   and shall arbitrate for many peoples;
they shall beat their swords into ploughshares,
   and their spears into pruning-hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
   neither shall they learn war any more. 

5 O house of Jacob,
   come, let us walk
   in the light of the Lord!

Matthew 8:5-13


Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant

5 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him 6and saying, ‘Lord, my servant is lying at home paralysed, in terrible distress.’ 7And he said to him, ‘I will come and cure him.’ 8The centurion answered, ‘Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, “Go”, and he goes, and to another, “Come”, and he comes, and to my slave, “Do this”, and the slave does it.’ 10When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, ‘Truly I tell you, in no one* in Israel have I found such faith. 11I tell you, many will come from east and west and will eat with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, 12while the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 13And to the centurion Jesus said, ‘Go; let it be done for you according to your faith.’ And the servant was healed in that hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment