Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Circle time!



Good Evening Beloved Community!

Let us take time to gather in a holy healing circle of love and be united as one community in the Family of love and God.


Alleluia! Christ is risen. 
The Lord is risen indeed. Alleluia!

On this day the Lord has acted; we will rejoice and be glad in 
it.    Psalm 118:24

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord 
Jesus Christ.    1 Corinthians 15:57

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that 
are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Colossians 3:1

Christ has entered, not into a sanctuary made with hands, a 
copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in 
the presence of God on our behalf.    Hebrews 9:24

You shall receive power when the Holy Ghost has come upon 
you; and you shall be my witness in Jerusalem, and in all 
Judea, and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.    Acts 1::8

It is true: the Lord has risen.
Luke 24:34

Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:20

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whose great mercy we have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.



Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.


O Gracious Light Phos hilaron

O gracious Light,
pure brightness of the everliving Father in heaven,
O Jesus Christ, holy and blessed!
Now as we come to the setting of the sun,
and our eyes behold the vesper light,
we sing your praises, O God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
You are worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices,
O Son of God, O Giver of life,
and to be glorified through all the worlds.



Open our hearts God as we seek your healing mercies as we light our candles for the peace and unity of your fragile and broken world. 




Inhale
Hold
Exhale
Pause

Inhale 
Hold
Exhale
Pause

Inhale
Hold
Exhale
Pause.

God we hear in our minds and hearts your singing bowl calling us to transformation, authenticity, compassion, and truth. TACT and that we may lead Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful lives.CALMly.


IN  LAK’ECH

TÚ ERES MI OTRO YO.
YOU ARE MY OTHER ME.
SI TE HAGO DAÑO A TI,
IF I DO HARM TO YOU,
ME HAGO DAÑO A MI MISMO.
I DO HARM TO MYSELF.
SI TE AMO Y RESPETO,
IF I LOVE AND RESPECT YOU,
ME AMO Y RESPETO YO.
I LOVE AND RESPECT MYSELF.
LUIS VALDEZ




 A Smudging Prayer

Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.

We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. 

We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen. 



Christ our Passover     Pascha nostrum
1 Corinthians 5:7-8; Romans 6:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Alleluia. 
Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us; * 
    therefore let us keep the feast, 
Not with old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, * 
    but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. Alleluia.

Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; * 
    death no longer has dominion over him. 
The death that he died, he died to sin, once for all; * 
    but the life he lives, he lives to God. 
So also consider yourselves dead to sin, * 
    and alive to God in Jesus Christ our Lord. Alleluia.

Christ has been raised from the dead, * 
    the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 
For since by a man came death, * 
    by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 
For as in Adam all die, * 
    so in Christ shall all be made alive. Alleluia.

66 Jubilate Deo

1 Be joyful in God, all you lands; *
sing the glory of his Name;
sing the glory of his praise.

2 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! *
because of your great strength your enemies
cringe before you.

3 All the earth bows down before you, *
sings to you, sings out your Name."

4 Come now and see the works of God, *
how wonderful he is in his doing toward all people.

5 He turned the sea into dry land,
so that they went through the water on foot, *
and there we rejoiced in him.

6 In his might he rules for ever;
his eyes keep watch over the nations; *
let no rebel rise up against him.

7 Bless our God, you peoples; *
make the voice of his praise to be heard;

8 Who holds our souls in life, *
and will not allow our feet to slip.

9 For you, O God, have proved us; *
you have tried us just as silver is tried.

10 You brought us into the snare; *
you laid heavy burdens upon our backs.

11 You let enemies ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water; *
but you brought us out into a place of refreshment.

12 I will enter your house with burnt-offerings
and will pay you my vows, *
which I promised with my lips
and spoke with my mouth when I was in trouble.

13 I will offer you sacrifices of fat beasts
with the smoke of rams; *
I will give you oxen and goats.

14 Come and listen, all you who fear God, *
and I will tell you what he has done for me.

15 I called out to him with my mouth, *
and his praise was on my tongue.

16 If I had found evil in my heart, *
the Lord would not have heard me;

17 But in truth God has heard me; *
he has attended to the voice of my prayer.

18 Blessed be God, who has not rejected my prayer, *
nor withheld his love from me.


67 Deus misereatur

1 May God be merciful to us and bless us, *
show us the light of his countenance and come to us.

2 Let your ways be known upon earth, *
your saving health among all nations.

3 Let the peoples praise you, O God; *
let all the peoples praise you.

4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, *
for you judge the peoples with equity
and guide all the nations upon earth.

5 Let the peoples praise you, O God; *
let all the peoples praise you.

6 The earth has brought forth her increase; *
may God, our own God, give us his blessing.

7 May God give us his blessing, *
and may all the ends of the earth stand in awe of him.

Acts 8:1-8

And Saul approved of their killing him.

Saul Persecutes the Church

That day a severe persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout the countryside of Judea and Samaria. Devout men buried Stephen and made loud lamentation over him. But Saul was ravaging the church by entering house after house; dragging off both men and women, he committed them to prison.

Philip Preaches in Samaria

 Now those who were scattered went from place to place, proclaiming the word. Philip went down to the city* of Samaria and proclaimed the Messiah* to them. The crowds with one accord listened eagerly to what was said by Philip, hearing and seeing the signs that he did, for unclean spirits, crying with loud shrieks, came out of many who were possessed; and many others who were paralysed or lame were cured. So there was great joy in that city.

The Song of Hannah

Samuel 2:1-8

My heart exults in you, O God; * my triumph song is lifted in you.

My mouth derides my enemies, * for I rejoice in your salvation.

There is none holy like you, *
nor any rock to be compared to you, our God.

Do not heap up prideful words or speak in arrogance; * Only God is knowing and weighs all actions.

The bows of the mighty are broken, * but the weak are clothed in strength.

Those once full now labor for bread, * those who hungered now are well fed.

The childless woman has borne sevenfold, * while the mother of many is forlorn.

God destroys and brings to life, casts down and raises up; * gives wealth or takes it away, humbles and dignifies.

God raises the poor from the dust; * and lifts the needy from the ash heap

To make them sit with the rulers * and inherit a place of honor.

For the pillars of the earth are God’s * on which the whole earth is founded. 

Acts 8:26-40

Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch

26 Then an angel of the Lord said to Philip, ‘Get up and go towards the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.’ (This is a wilderness road.) 27So he got up and went. Now there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of the Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, in charge of her entire treasury. He had come to Jerusalem to worship 28and was returning home; seated in his chariot, he was reading the prophet Isaiah.29Then the Spirit said to Philip, ‘Go over to this chariot and join it.’ 30So Philip ran up to it and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah. He asked, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’ 31He replied, ‘How can I, unless someone guides me?’ And he invited Philip to get in and sit beside him. 32Now the passage of the scripture that he was reading was this:
‘Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter,
   and like a lamb silent before its shearer,
     so he does not open his mouth. 
33 In his humiliation justice was denied him.
   Who can describe his generation?
     For his life is taken away from the earth.’ 
34The eunuch asked Philip, ‘About whom, may I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?’ 35Then Philip began to speak, and starting with this scripture, he proclaimed to him the good news about Jesus. 36As they were going along the road, they came to some water; and the eunuch said, ‘Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?’ 38He commanded the chariot to stop, and both of them, Philip and the eunuch, went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. 39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. 40But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he was passing through the region, he proclaimed the good news to all the towns until he came to Caesarea. 


A Song of Christ’s Humility
Philippians 2:6-11

Though in the form of God, *
Christ Jesus did not cling to equality with God,
But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, *
and was born in human likeness.
Being found in human form, he humbled himself *
and became obedient to death, even death on a cross.
Therefore, God has highly exalted him *
and given him the name above every name,
That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, *
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, *
to the glory of God the Father.

Colossians 1:15-23

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16for in* him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him. 17He himself is before all things, and in* him all things hold together. 18He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might come to have first place in everything. 19For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross.

21 And you who were once estranged and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, 22he has now reconciled* in his fleshly body* through death, so as to present you holy and blameless and irreproachable before him—23provided that you continue securely established and steadfast in the faith, without shifting from the hope promised by the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven. I, Paul, became a servant of this gospel.


A Song to the Lamb Dignus es
Revelation 4:11;5:9-10,13

Splendor and honor and royal power *
are yours by right, O God Most High,
For you created everything that is, *
and by your will they were created and have their being;
And yours by right, O Lamb that was slain, *
for with your blood you have redeemed for God,
From every family, language, people, and nation, *
a royal priesthood to serve our God.
And so, to the One who sits upon the throne, *
and to Christ the Lamb,
Be worship and praise, dominion and splendor, *
for ever and for evermore.

Matthew 3:13-17

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan, to be baptized by him. 14John would have prevented him, saying, ‘I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?’ 15But Jesus answered him, ‘Let it be so now; for it is proper for us in this way to fulfil all righteousness.’ Then he consented. 16And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, the Beloved,* with whom I am well pleased.’

Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22

Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *

I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *

and I will seek her to the end. From first blossom to early fruit, *

she has been the delight of my heart. My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *

diligently from my youth have I pursued her. I inclined my ear a little and received her; * 

I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.

 To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, * for I have resolved to live according to her way.

From the beginning I gained courage from her, * therefore I will not be forsaken.

In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, * therefore have I gained a good possession.

As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,* and with it will I offer praise to God. 

John 6:35-40

35 Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; 38for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.’


The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *

for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed: *

you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,

and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *

from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm * and scattered the proud in their conceit,

Casting down the mighty from their thrones * and lifting up the lowly.

You have filled the hungry with good things * and sent the rich away empty.

You have come to the help of your servant Israel, * for you have remembered your promise of mercy,

The promise made to our forebears, * to Abraham and his children for ever. 


“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”


― Teresa of Ávila


The Beatitudes - Matthew

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (5:3)
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10


A Prayer attributed to St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.


Prayers from Black Elk


Earth Prayer

"Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth 

and lean to hear my feeble voice.

You lived first, and you are older than all need, older than all prayer.

All things belong to you -- the two-legged, the four-legged, the wings of the air, 

and all green things that live.

"You have set the powers of the four quarters of the earth to cross each other.

You have made me cross the good road and road of difficulties, 

and where they cross, the place is holy.

Day in, day out, forevermore, you are the life of things."

Hey! Lean to hear my feeble voice.

At the center of the sacred hoop

You have said that I should make the tree to bloom.

With tears running, O Great Spirit, my Grandfather,

With running eyes I must say

The tree has never bloomed

Here I stand, and the tree is withered.

Again, I recall the great vision you gave me.

It may be that some little root of the sacred tree still lives.

Nourish it then

That it may leaf

And bloom

And fill with singing birds!

Hear me, that the people may once again

Find the good road

And the shielding tree.


The Sunset

Then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all, and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world. And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.

And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father. And I saw that it was holy...

But anywhere is the center of the world.


Prayer to The Four Directions by Chief Seattle

 

Great Spirit of Light, come to me out of the East (red) with the power of the rising sun. Let there be light in my words, let there be light on my path that I walk. Let me remember always that you give the gift of a new day. And never let me be burdened with sorrow by not starting over again.

 

Great Spirit of Love, come to me with the power of the North (white). Make me courageous when the cold wind falls upon me. Give me strength and endurance for everything that is harsh, everything that hurts, everything that makes me squint. Let me move through life ready to take what comes from the north.

 

Great Life-Giving Spirit, I face the West (black), the direction of sundown. Let me remember every day that the moment will come when my sun will go down. Never let me forget that I must fade into you. Give me a beautiful color, give me a great sky for setting, so that when it is my time to meet you, I can come with glory.

 

Great Spirit of Creation, send me the warm and soothing winds from the South (yellow). Comfort me and caress me when I am tired and cold. Unfold me like the gentle breezes that unfold the leaves on the trees. As you give to all the earth your warm, moving wind, give to me, so that I may grow close to you in warmth. Man did not create the web of life, he is but a strand in it. Whatever man does to the web, he does to himself.


Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.

or this form of The Lord's Prayer from A New Zealand Prayer Book.

Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,  now and for ever. Amen.

We Join together in prayer

We join our hearts with all of our brothers and sisters all over the world God as your family of love, peace, and mercy to pray for our family members who have become refugees, outcasts, and the persecuted.

We join our hands and hearts in love and pray for peace. God may we with you become peace makers.

We join our hands, feet, eyes, ears, and voices in service to you God.

We join our voices to speak truth to power and to speak out for the least of these.

We join our minds to help become the educated Children of God.

We join our hands and hearts in prayers for those who have come to us asking for prayers on behalf of others.

We join our hearts in prayer with those who mourn and those who are keeping vigil at the bedside of their loved ones who are transitioning into the glorious Heavenly Thin Places.

We join our prayers for those who are dying and those who have died today.

We join our bodies to help become stewards of God's Cathedral of life.

We join our hearts in love and pray for an end to hate and violence.

We join together to pray that there may be an end to war and terror in this Your Fragile and broken world O God.

We join together to add our prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances to you now O God_______________

 Accept these our prayers in the Name of your only Son Jesus. Amen.

God’s Blessing be with you,
Christ’s peace be with you,
the Spirit’s outpouring be with you,
now and always. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

++++++




Good Night Beloved Community! I hope everyone will take good rest this night and remember that wherever you plant your feet it is holy ground. Tomorrow's prayer walking focus will be a return to praying for the least of these and meditating upon Matthew 25 , Micah 6:8, Isaiah 2:4, and Isaiah 58 (Verse 12). We I will repeat the prayer walking frame work here if you haven't had the opportunity to take a walk and go on pilgrimage around your community:

Or this  Closing and Prayer focus


Good Night Beloved Community. Don't forget this is the new Prayer Walking Frame Work we continue  our prayer focus in praying for peace in the world especially Syria and our communities wherever we may be, asking God to show us where and how we can make positive changes wherever we plant our pilgrim and holy feet.  We especially pray for all of our family members who feel invisible, refugees, the hungry, and we pray that we may be truly peacemakers and God's children and one family in love, service, and in unity. We pray and remember  all who are grieving losses of any kind and also we remember The Bush Family as they grieve the loss of Barbara Bush. We also pray for all who are facing yearly remembrances of griefs timely and untimely borne. 


Our Fitness routine  for a Month From our Camino Fitness guide is this: 

MONTH 1

Walk 5 km 2 TIMES PER WEEK - 5 k = 5 kilometers =

3.107 miles 

Month One is all about getting started. Walking 5km on flat terrain should take less than an hour. You should be aiming for 45 minutes by the end of the month. 



The prayer walking framework is designed for all fitness levels or no fitness level at all when you can pray in place.  We will begin with the toolkit a.k.a. the things you need for your prayer walk:

Water
Clothing appropriate for the weather
Hat
Sun Screen
Well cushioned and supportive shoes.
Music if you so desire.
Do not carry a bag unless you are going to an event or to the store, church, appointment.  Jesus was right about traveling light.

We begin our time remembering to secure our homes and make sure we have our house key with us. Take time to secure your shoe laces.

Pause.

Give thanks to God for being able to walk in God's Cathedral of life.
Pray for your neighbors.
When you see uneven pavement pray for those who repair our infrastructure.
When you approach a Stop sign. Pause, reflect, and decide your route and length of walk.
Use the signage along the way to help you design your prayer intentions. 
If you are walking to the store - pray for the hungry, farmworkers, grocery clerks, food banks etc.
If you are walking to the doctor's office as I did today, I prayed by name for the sick, the ill, for the medical personnel and for calm nerves for myself.
I prayed the prayer requests that were given me. 
Adjust your prayer walk to fit in with your schedule instead of walking at a set time that may or may not work for you.
Take time for quiet and appreciate nature. Introspection should be the last half of the walk.
Remember this is a sprint not a marathon as we place our feet upon holy ground. 
Give thanks to God when you return home.
Hydrate as much as you can and give thanks to God for the gift of water and feel it coursing through your veins as you are empowered with love energy to serve God in the world. 
Remember to honor our family members who are sharing the side walk with us and greet them. Our smiles and courtesy reflect Jesus to others. 

Those are the basics. You don't even need a prayer book.

Tonight let us do a quiet labyrinth walk to help us heal from our day of work and if there were anythings that were troubling us. 



+++
I love you all Dearly Beloved Community and Pilgrims on Our Journey with God together. I give thanks to God for you always. Remember you can always send in prayer requests.


Peace, Love, Prayers, and God's blessings!



Resources.

Enriching Our Worship 1 - 1997
Book of Common Prayer
The Good Book Club
Satucket Lectionary
Oremus Bible Browser
Walk With Me On Our Journey
In Lak 'Ech - Luis Valdez
Metis Aboriginal Ministries.




No comments:

Post a Comment