Saturday, April 21, 2018

Day 2 of our weekend retreat: Everything we do with God and for God is about relationships !




Good Evening Beloved Community,

It's Day 2  of our Self-Care and Sabbath Retreat Weekend !  This morning I walked to a training session having to do with Restorative Practices and Circle Facilitation. What I am learning more than anything else is that whatever we are doing with God and for God's Kindom involves relationships. Holy relationships that are intentional. We as the Beloved Community need to know that as followers of Jesus in the Jesus Movement, we are called to be in relationship one with another. I am in awe of how many people do not know this. One of our handouts today was this:




Each of these Seven Core Assumptions we can adapt towards our lives and even our spiritual lives.
This is part of our pondering work for tonight. Also we will add these values to our healing circle time as well.


Let us begin with our framework from last evening as we take time to pray, make vigil and spend time seeking God through the Good News which is God News.


Prayer walking in the afternoons and if you are on your way to a place that you are going on foot.
Silent evenings - Turn off all noise producing devices and find your sacred area in your home.
Times of reflection - We come back together via this blog.
We plan our personal course of action in response to the lessons, prayers, and times outdoors when we prayer walk. 
Times of Renewal- We will be setting our time to go into holy Sabbath Rest. Sleep is necessary for our spiritual and physical selves. Honor the body God has given you , especially your bodies, minds, spirits, and heart homes. 
Time of Education: This weekend I would like us all to search YouTube on the subject of Pilgrimage.
I have been watching videos on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. 

[We begin tonight by doing our Worry Free-Sabbath Box/Jar/journal work and get rid of all the junk that will keep us from being connected to God and each other.  ]

Let us engage in a time of silence. Please get out your timers and set them for 20 minutes.
After the period of 20 minutes of mindfulness and our eyes being closed let us use this format for our time of prayer and breathing:

First breathe in the Holy Spirit and let your lungs expand with love and energy.
Exhale love and feel empowered with compassion and mercy.

God let our spirits be renewed this night and that we may rest and awaken to serve and worship God on the morrow.

Inhale the Holy Spirit, exhale love!

God we pray for all those who are ill that they may be healed that they may feel God's healing and life giving spirit.

Inhale the Holy Spirit , exhale love!

God we pray for peace in our hearts and in the world that all of our family members may be empowered to be peace makers and your children.

Inhale the Holy Spirit , exhale love!

God we pray for all those who have lost loved ones in the latest acts of terror. May we rise with the Holy Spirit's power and do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with you O God and give voice to the voiceless!

Inhale the Holy Spirit, exhale love!
God we pray for an end to hatred, violence, division and terror from all who use these things against all your beloved children and the least of these. May their hearts be turned to love and live the true words of the Gospel and not the Gospel of Hate.

Inhale the Holy Spirit , exhale love!

Inhale the Holy Spirit , exhale love!

God we pray for all who died and those who mourn. Let those who mourn and those who have entered and are entering the Thin Places feel your gentle Spirit's love, compassion, and grace enfolding them.

Inhale the Holy Spirit , exhale love!

We add our prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances this night especially for________________
Inhale the Holy Spirit , exhale love!

Come Jesus! Come empower us! Receive these our prayers in your Name ! Amen.


Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.


IN  LAK’ECH

TÚ ERES MI OTRO YO.
YOU ARE MY OTHER ME.
SI TE HAGO DAÑO A TI,
IF I DO HARM TO YOU,
ME HAGO DAÑO A MI MISMO.
I DO HARM TO MYSELF.
SI TE AMO Y RESPETO,
IF I LOVE AND RESPECT YOU,
ME AMO Y RESPETO YO.
I LOVE AND RESPECT MYSELF.
LUIS VALDEZ

 A Smudging Prayer

Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.

We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. 

We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen. 



God you rested on the Seventh day and hallowed it as a day of  holiness. Tonight we light our candles and be at prayer as we prepare for a period of much needed Sabbath rest. We pray for all our family members who lack periods of rest and days of Sabbath observances. We pray and remember all of our first responders who protect us on weekends and the night hours. We pray for all of our family members who are in hospitals this day that they may receive necessary care and healing. We pray for an end to violence and terror. We give thanks for all of God's abundant blessing God bestowed upon us this day. We pray for all who are feeling lost, lonely and alone and even feel invisible. We pray for all of our family members who grieve the losses of their animal and human family members. We pray for all who are driving on the roads this night that they may be safe from harm. We pray for an end to distracted driving. We pray that we may lead lives that are compassionate, accepting, loving, and merciful. We pray that we may carry and reflect God's image and light to this fragile and broken world.  We offer these our prayers in the most holy name of Jesus. Amen.




A Song of Faith
1 Peter 1:3-4,18-21
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, *
by divine mercy we have a new birth into a living hope;
Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, *
we have an inheritance that is imperishable in heaven.
The ransom that was paid to free us *
was not paid in silver or gold,
But in the precious blood of Christ, *
the Lamb without spot or stain.
God raised Jesus from the dead and gave him glory *
so that we might have faith and hope in God.

Loving God we thank you for this day of Sabbath rest the gift of sleep. Before we slumber we light our candles and pray for all of our family members who are facing any struggle or anxiety this week.
We pray that we may give ourselves over to kind words and loving deeds in service to our family members. We pray for peace in this fragile and broken world that has been fraught with war, disaster, and terror. We pray that we may find ourselves rising to help others in Jesus Name and spread the Good News that God is Love.  We take time in the silence of our hearts to pray for______________ and add our thanksgivings__________________. As our season of prayer continues we pray this night for the peoples  and nations of Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan and all places where there is terror and acts of war being committed. We pray for all those who have lost their lives this weekend and those who mourn their loss. We pray for refugees, captives, and victims of human trafficking.  Let us  be light bearers and show and love others. We pray that we may be CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) this night and always. Amen. 


Christ our Passover     Pascha nostrum
1 Corinthians 5:7-8; Romans 6:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Alleluia. 
Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us; * 
    therefore let us keep the feast, 
Not with old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, * 
    but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. Alleluia.

Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; * 
    death no longer has dominion over him. 
The death that he died, he died to sin, once for all; * 
    but the life he lives, he lives to God. 
So also consider yourselves dead to sin, * 
    and alive to God in Jesus Christ our Lord. Alleluia.

Christ has been raised from the dead, * 
    the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 
For since by a man came death, * 
    by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 
For as in Adam all die, * 
    so in Christ shall all be made alive. Alleluia.

42 Quemadmodum

1 As the deer longs for the water-brooks, *
so longs my soul for you, O God.

2 My soul is athirst for God, athirst for the living God; *
when shall I come to appear before the presence of God?

3 My tears have been my food day and night, *
while all day long they say to me,
"Where now is your God?"

4 I pour out my soul when I think on these things; *
how I went with the multitude and led them into the
house of God,

5 With the voice of praise and thanksgiving, *
among those who keep holy-day.

6 Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul? *
and why are you so disquieted within me?

7 Put your trust in God; *
for I will yet give thanks to him,
who is the help of my countenance, and my God.

8 My soul is heavy within me; *
therefore I will remember you from the land of Jordan,
and from the peak of Mizar among the heights of Hermon.

9 One deep calls to another in the noise of your cataracts; *
all your rapids and floods have gone over me.

10 The Lord grants his loving-kindness in the daytime; *
in the night season his song is with me,
a prayer to the God of my life.

11 I will say to the God of my strength,
"Why have you forgotten me? *
and why do I go so heavily while the enemy
oppresses me?"

12 While my bones are being broken, *
my enemies mock me to my face;

13 All day long they mock me *
and say to me, "Where now is your God?"

14 Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul? *
and why are you so disquieted within me?

15 Put your trust in God; *
for I will yet give thanks to him,
who is the help of my countenance, and my God.


43 Judica me, Deus

1 Give judgment for me, O God,
and defend my cause against an ungodly people; *
deliver me from the deceitful and the wicked.

2 For you are the God of my strength;
why have you put me from you? *
and why do I go so heavily while the enemy
oppresses me?

3 Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me, *
and bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling;

4 That I may go to the altar of God,
to the God of my joy and gladness; *
and on the harp I will give thanks to you, O God my God.

5 Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul? *
and why are you so disquieted within me?

6 Put your trust in God; *
for I will yet give thanks to him,
who is the help of my countenance, and my God.


 

Exodus 25:1-22

Offerings for the Tabernacle

25The Lord said to Moses: 2Tell the Israelites to take for me an offering; from all whose hearts prompt them to give you shall receive the offering for me. 3This is the offering that you shall receive from them: gold, silver, and bronze, 4blue, purple, and crimson yarns and fine linen, goats’ hair, 5tanned rams’ skins, fine leather,* acacia wood,6oil for the lamps, spices for the anointing-oil and for the fragrant incense, 7onyx stones and gems to be set in the ephod and for the breastpiece. 8And have them make me a sanctuary, so that I may dwell among them. 9In accordance with all that I show you concerning the pattern of the tabernacle and of all its furniture, so you shall make it.

The Ark of the Covenant

10 They shall make an ark of acacia wood; it shall be two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. 11You shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and outside you shall overlay it, and you shall make a moulding of gold upon it all round. 12You shall cast four rings of gold for it and put them on its four feet, two rings on one side of it, and two rings on the other side. 13You shall make poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold. 14And you shall put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, by which to carry the ark. 15The poles shall remain in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it. 16You shall put into the ark the covenant * that I shall give you.

17 Then you shall make a mercy-seat * of pure gold; two cubits and a half shall be its length, and a cubit and a half its width. 18You shall make two cherubim of gold; you shall make them of hammered work, at the two ends of the mercy-seat.* 19Make one cherub at one end, and one cherub at the other; of one piece with the mercy-seat* you shall make the cherubim at its two ends. 20The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy-seat* with their wings. They shall face each other; the faces of the cherubim shall be turned towards the mercy-seat.* 21You shall put the mercy-seat* on the top of the ark; and in the ark you shall put the covenant* that I shall give you. 22There I will meet you, and from above the mercy-seat,* from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the covenant,* I will deliver to you all my commands for the Israelites.



Adoro Te Devote 
(lyrics are written by St. Thomas Aquinas)

Humbly I adore thee, Verity unseen,
Who thy glory hidest 'neath these shadows mean;
Lo, to thee surrendered, my whole heart is bowed,
Tranced as it beholds thee, shrined within the cloud.

Taste, and touch, and vision, to discern thee fail;
Faith, that comes by hearing, piercest through the veil.
I believe whate're the Son of God hath told;
What the Truth hath spoken, that for truth I hold.

O memorial wondrous of the Lord's own death;
Living bread that givest all thy creatures breath,
Grant my spirit ever by thy life may live,
To my taste thy sweetness neverfailing give.

Jesus whom now hidden, I by faith behold,
What my soul doth long for, that thy word fortold:
Face to face thy splendor, I at last shall see,
In the glorious vision, blessed Lord, of thee.

Colossians 2:8-23

8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe,* and not according to Christ. 9For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10and you have come to fullness in him, who is the head of every ruler and authority. 11In him also you were circumcised with a spiritual circumcision,* by putting off the body of the flesh in the circumcision of Christ; 12when you were buried with him in baptism, you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. 13And when you were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God* made you* alive together with him, when he forgave us all our trespasses, 14erasing the record that stood against us with its legal demands. He set this aside, nailing it to the cross. 15He disarmed* the rulers and authorities and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in it.

16 Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths. 17These are only a shadow of what is to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18Do not let anyone disqualify you, insisting on self-abasement and worship of angels, dwelling* on visions,* puffed up without cause by a human way of thinking,* 19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the whole body, nourished and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows with a growth that is from God.

Warnings against False Teachers

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the universe,* why do you live as if you still belonged to the world? Why do you submit to regulations, 21‘Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch’? 22All these regulations refer to things that perish with use; they are simply human commands and teachings. 23These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-imposed piety, humility, and severe treatment of the body, but they are of no value in checking self-indulgence.* 

The Song of Mary Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *

for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed: *

you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,

and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *

from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm * and scattered the proud in their conceit,

Casting down the mighty from their thrones * and lifting up the lowly.

You have filled the hungry with good things * and sent the rich away empty.

You have come to the help of your servant Israel, * for you have remembered your promise of mercy,

The promise made to our forebears, * to Abraham and his children for ever. 


Matthew 4:18-25

Jesus Calls the First Disciples

18 As he walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the lake—for they were fishermen. 19And he said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.’ 20Immediately they left their nets and followed him.21As he went from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John, in the boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets, and he called them. 22Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed him. 

Jesus Ministers to Crowds of People

23 Jesus* went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news* of the kingdom and curing every disease and every sickness among the people. 24So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought to him all the sick, those who were afflicted with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, and paralytics, and he cured them. 25And great crowds followed him from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and from beyond the Jordan.

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22

Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *

I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *

and I will seek her to the end. From first blossom to early fruit, *

she has been the delight of my heart. My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *

diligently from my youth have I pursued her. I inclined my ear a little and received her; *

I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her. 

 To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, * for I have resolved to live according to her way.

From the beginning I gained courage from her, * therefore I will not be forsaken.

In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, * therefore have I gained a good possession.

As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,* and with it will I offer praise to God. 



Our Continuing Reading from the Good Book Club!

Acts 10:1-16

Peter and Cornelius

In Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of the Italian Cohort, as it was called. He was a devout man who feared God with all his household; he gave alms generously to the people and prayed constantly to God. One afternoon at about three o’clock he had a vision in which he clearly saw an angel of God coming in and saying to him, ‘Cornelius.’ He stared at him in terror and said, ‘What is it, Lord?’ He answered, ‘Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God. Now send men to Joppa for a certain Simon who is called Peter; he is lodging with Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the seaside.’ When the angel who spoke to him had left, he called two of his slaves and a devout soldier from the ranks of those who served him, and after telling them everything, he sent them to Joppa.

 About noon the next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat; and while it was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw the heaven opened and something like a large sheet coming down, being lowered to the ground by its four corners. In it were all kinds of four-footed creatures and reptiles and birds of the air. Then he heard a voice saying, ‘Get up, Peter; kill and eat.’ But Peter said, ‘By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is profane or unclean.’ The voice said to him again, a second time, ‘What God has made clean, you must not call profane.’ This happened three times, and the thing was suddenly taken up to heaven.


A Song of True Motherhood

Julian of Norwich

God chose to be our mother in all things *
and so made the foundation of his work,
most humbly and most pure, in the Virgin’s womb.

God, the perfect wisdom of all, * arrayed himself in this humble place.

Christ came in our poor flesh * to share a mother’s care.

Our mothers bear us for pain and for death; *
our true mother, Jesus, bears us for joy and endless life.

Christ carried us within him in love and travail, * until the full time of his passion.

And when all was completed and he had carried us so for joy, * still all this could not satisfy the power of his wonderful love.

All that we owe is redeemed in truly loving God, * for the love of Christ works in us;
Christ is the one whom we love. 

Settings of the Lord's Prayer from A New Zealand Prayer Book
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.    Amen.
or the alternative form.
Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.


God we thank you for times of quiet and contemplation.  Help us to empty our minds and selves so that we may be filled with you, your love, your mercy, and your grace.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that all our baggage of today may be put away so that we may be focused ever deeply on you O God.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that you will heal all those who are ill and in pain. We leave them into your hands O God.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that  you will watch over the least of these and those who are homeless, hungry, and ill-clad.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that peace may prevail on Earth and that we may be the peacemakers  and children of God you have called us to be.

God we pray that as we are in quiet for those who mourn and are grieving any loss. We remember this night especially those who have lost employment. 

God we pray that as we are in quiet for those who are dying and have died. 

God we pray that as we are in quiet for__________________________

God we pray that as we are in quiet for our many thanksgivings especially_________________

God we pray that as we are in quiet that our prayers may be lifted up in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.

The  Beatitudes  Matthew 5:3–12 

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (5:3)
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)


 A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.



The Song of Simeon    Nunc Dimittis

Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel.

The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

+++++

Good Night Beloved Community. Don't forget this is the new Prayer Walking Frame Work we continue  our prayer focus in praying for peace in the world especially Syria and our communities wherever we may be, asking God to show us where and how we can make positive changes wherever we plant our pilgrim and holy feet.  We especially pray for all of our family members who feel invisible, refugees, the hungry, and we pray that we may be truly peacemakers and God's children and one family in love, service, and in unity. We pray and remember  all who are grieving losses of any kind  We also pray for all who are facing yearly remembrances of griefs timely and untimely borne. 

Walking quotes!


Our Fitness routine  for a Month From our Camino Fitness guide is this: 

MONTH 1

Walk 5 km 2 TIMES PER WEEK - 5 k = 5 kilometers =

3.107 miles 

Month One is all about getting started. Walking 5km on flat terrain should take less than an hour. You should be aiming for 45 minutes by the end of the month. 


The prayer walking framework is designed for all fitness levels or no fitness level at all when you can pray in place.  We will begin with the toolkit a.k.a. the things you need for your prayer walk:

Water
Clothing appropriate for the weather
Hat
Sun Screen
Well cushioned and supportive shoes.
Music if you so desire.
Do not carry a bag unless you are going to an event or to the store, church, appointment.  Jesus was right about traveling light.

We begin our time remembering to secure our homes and make sure we have our house key with us. Take time to secure your shoe laces.

Pause.

Give thanks to God for being able to walk in God's Cathedral of life.
Pray for your neighbors.
When you see uneven pavement pray for those who repair our infrastructure.
When you approach a Stop sign. Pause, reflect, and decide your route and length of walk.
Use the signage along the way to help you design your prayer intentions. 
If you are walking to the store - pray for the hungry, farmworkers, grocery clerks, food banks etc.
If you are walking to the doctor's office as I did today, I prayed by name for the sick, the ill, for the medical personnel and for calm nerves for myself.
I prayed the prayer requests that were given me. 
Adjust your prayer walk to fit in with your schedule instead of walking at a set time that may or may not work for you.
Take time for quiet and appreciate nature. Introspection should be the last half of the walk.
Remember this is a sprint not a marathon as we place our feet upon holy ground. 
Give thanks to God when you return home.
Hydrate as much as you can and give thanks to God for the gift of water and feel it coursing through your veins as you are empowered with love energy to serve God in the world. 
Remember to honor our family members who are sharing the side walk with us and greet them. Our smiles and courtesy reflect Jesus to others. 

Those are the basics. You don't even need a prayer book.

I love you all!


Love, blessings, peace,and prayers for a wonderful time of rest, refreshment,renewal and recommitment to a better world as we place our holy pilgrim feet upon holy ground for the good of all and in the service of God. Remember Beloved Community it is all about sacred relationships.


Sara

Bonus prayers and virtual prayer walk.

Let us continue to pray!


Now let us pray for peace and unity among all people and nations! 

God who made us and makes us one we pray for unity among all people and nations
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one lead us to put away all hindrances that divide us
May we be one and love one another

God who made us and makes us one give us  the courage to see you in the eyes of all who are our enemies and wish us harm.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for all who are ill in body, mind, and spirit. Heal them and make them whole and may we lovingly respond to their needs.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for the protection of those who are protesting using peaceful non-violence.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for the protection of all our most vulnerable family members. Help us to see ourselves and you in their eyes and love them as you have taught us and to serve them as you have taught us to serve.
May we be one and love one another.

God who made us and makes us one. we give thanks for all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries this day.

God who made us and makes us one may we be with those who are pre-grieving and mourning any loss.

God who made us and makes us one we pray for all who are dying and have died may they find loving, joy, and oneness with you in the Thin Places.

God who made us and makes us one we offer these our prayers and thanksgivings in the most Holy Name of your Son Jesus. May we be one and love one another. Amen.


++++++


If you are so bold you may add this to your prayers and meditation!



 Walking in the footsteps of a refugee
                         A Guided Meditation and Virtual Prayer Walk

Let us imagine ourselves through the eyes of a refugee and pray along the way.

Imagine you have decided to leave the only home you and your family have ever known.


God I don't want to live in this country where my children and husband and I are having to dodge bullets and face daily fears.  God help us to have courage to leave this war torn city and country and find safety.

Imagine having to carry a loaded in a backpack without any of the usual comfort items.

God I'm not ready to become homeless but in order to find a better life for my family I must Give me courage to take what I really need for my husband, children and myself.

Imagine the first day on the road by foot. How do your feet feel and what does your body feel like going long distances?

God my feet feel like they have become calloused, blistered, and in a lot of pain. Give us courage to honor our bodies, minds, and spirits when we need to as we flee our country of origin.

Imagine not having enough warmth on these cold nights out in the open.

God help us to find a suitable place of shelter for the night and that we may find warmth.

Imagine meeting up with other refugees and telling your stories and developing a new kind of family.

God we thank you that we have met many of our fellow refugee families and that we finally realize that we are all in this as one big family. God help us to find and make lasting friendships and that we may find safety together.

Imagine being in danger and seeing lawless gangs.

God help us to remain safe and secure and we pray for our enemies and those who wish to do us harm.

Imagine us having to find shelter, clothing, and food everyday on the road and there aren't any refugee camps nearby.

God help us to find shelter, clothing,food everyday. Help us to keep our eyes and ears open to finding refugee camps that are run by compassionate, accepting, loving, and merciful people.

Imagine becoming ill on the road.
God help us to find ways to cope with illness each day that we are not in familiar territory.

Imagine having a loved one die on the road. 

God help us to mourn our loved ones loss on the road and that we may honor their bodies by burying them reverently in the ground. Help us to always to remember to carry white sheets for burial shrouds along the way.

Imagine you have finally reached the refugee camps and are awaiting resettlement. 
God we thank you for finally reaching the camp and we pray that we may have patience to wait our turn to go through the resettlement process.

Imagine the day when you meet your sponsoring family.
God we thank you for our new family. Help us  when it is our turn to welcome the stranger that we may model our lives after you Jesus and remember that you, Mary, and Joseph were refugees too.


Please consider the following books : Please copy and paste for more information.


We Make the Road By Walking - Brian McLaren 
Here is a video of a song he wrote
https://brianmclaren.net/we-make-the-road-by-walking-2/

Walking the Sacred Path by Dan Schutte
https://www.danschuttemusic.com/wordpressstore/product/walking-the-sacred-path-book-cd/

The Sacred Path Companion  - Lauren Artress

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/297191/the-sacred-path-companion-by-lauren-artress/9781594481826/

Resources

Enriching Our Worship 1 - 1997
Book of Common Prayer
The Good Book Club
Satucket Lectionary
Oremus Bible Browser
Walk With Me On Our Journey
In Lak 'Ech - Luis Valdez
Metis Aboriginal Ministries
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Other resources as noted
Porch Light Prayer Vigil Blogs 


Being transformed anew on the prayer walking pilgrimage trail 22 days and 3 Holy Weeks of walking on holy ground!

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/being-transformed-anew-on-prayer.html

Circle time!

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/circle-time.html

Let's Heal the World with Prayerful Action!

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/let-heal-world-with-prayerful-action.html

Be still and pray for peace in our communities Beloved Children of God! That is what God is calling us to do!

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/be-still-and-pray-for-peace-in-our.html

Looking ahead to Good Shepherd Sunday and Finding Ways to Serve Jesus on the Way as a Good Shepherd's Helper.

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/looking-ahead-to-good-shepherd-sunday.html


You are invited to join Walk With Me On Our Journey as we begin Porch Light Prayer Vigils for Peace

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/you-are-invited-to-join-walk-with-me-on.html

Being Bold in the Service of God and as The Beloved Community

http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/being-bold-in-service-of-god-and-as.html
A Time To Remember and Never Forget
http://walkwithmeonourjourney.blogspot.com/2018/04/a-time-to-remember-and-never-forget.html



No comments:

Post a Comment