Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Gone Fishin!





Good Evening Dearies!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day. Tonight there won't be a lot of words of advice and challenge instead a time of prayer and relaxation. We need this to balance things out. Just too much tension and anxiety in our family to date. 

The Blog was going to be titled "Our should be mid-weekly time when we go to the other side of the lake to rest and pray" but, I changed it to 'Gone Fishin!"

Let us begin with music from John Rutter and the Cambridge Singers , Thomas Tallis, and Taize.  Please select your music and listen and begin going to your heart home, center, and get in touch with God at the very core of your inner being. 

John Rutter - A Gaelic Blessing and Mix

The Best of Thomas Tallis

Taize Mix


Let us get in touch with our Celtic side and quiet ourselves with the words of the "Be Stills"and   St. Patrick's Breastplate. 


Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Peace be still.

Inhale
Exhale

Pause.
Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Peace be still.

Inhale
Exhale

Pause.

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Peace be still.

Inhale
Exhale

Pause.

Be Thou My Vision





ST. PATRICK'S BREASTPLATE



I arise today 
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.

I arise today
Through the strength of Christ's birth with His baptism,
Through the strength of His crucifixion with His burial,
Through the strength of His resurrection with His ascension,
Through the strength of His descent for the judgment of doom.

I arise today
Through the strength of the love of cherubim,
In the obedience of angels,
In the service of archangels,
In the hope of resurrection to meet with reward,
In the prayers of patriarchs,
In the predictions of prophets,
In the preaching of apostles,
In the faith of confessors,
In the innocence of holy virgins,
In the deeds of righteous men.

I arise today, through
The strength of heaven,
The light of the sun,
The radiance of the moon,
The splendor of fire,
The speed of lightning,
The swiftness of wind,
The depth of the sea,
The stability of the earth,
The firmness of rock.

I arise today, through
God's strength to pilot me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's host to save me
From snares of devils,
From temptation of vices,
From everyone who shall wish me ill,
afar and near.

I summon today
All these powers between me and those evils,
Against every cruel and merciless power
that may oppose my body and soul,
Against incantations of false prophets,
Against black laws of pagandom,
Against false laws of heretics,
Against craft of idolatry,
Against spells of witches and smiths and wizards,
Against every knowledge that corrupts man's body and soul;
Christ to shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
So that there may come to me an abundance of reward.


Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

[Note that people sometimes pray a shorter version of this prayer just with these 15 lines about Christ above. The conclusion follows below.]

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.

More info here Our Catholic Prayers

I Bind Unto Myself Today







It is time for our nightly Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigil!
Let's light our candles and be at prayer. This night let us pray that we may put God's commandments to love God, one another, ourselves, and our enemies into action. We pray for the needs of this fragile and broken world. We pray for conservation of God's Cathedral of Life that sustains all living things. We pray that we may endeavor to be and bring  the light and love to this troubled nation of ours and continue to to pray and wisely consider the words of the prophet Micah:
He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?




Jesus we thank you for showing us how to rest and pray. Help us to not rush and be in a hurry each day that we live, move, or just be. You showed your disciples that they needed to stop the glorification of busy. May we do the same with your help. 

Help us to rest and pray O God.

Jesus we thank  you for showing us how to love others by including and welcoming them to the table.

Help us to love and be welcoming O God.

Jesus we thank you for our many loved ones who now rest with You , God, and the Holy Spirit in the Thin Places.

Help us to know that death isn't to be feared but a part of the holy life cycle. 

Jesus we thank you for your healing hands that you are laying on each of us every day and especially upon those who are ill.

Help us to feel your healing touch and receive it with grace and thanksgiving.

Jesus help us not to be afraid to love but love fearlessly and with joy. 

Help us to show love and say the words I love you often without fear.

May all of our family members know the healing power of  your love and may we love God, our neighbors, and ourselves equally beyond all measure. 

Help us to show the world how to love and be inclusive and that wars may cease and a circle of love, joy, hope, and peace may prevail upon Earth and in our hearts.

Jesus we lift up these our prayers and thanksgivings to you. May we add any other prayers and those on behalf of others now and lay them at your feet and in your loving arms. Amen.


++++++

Good Night Dear Ones! I love you ! Have a restful and relaxing night! May you be blessed and feel and know that you are loved and accepted fully. I give thanks to God for you this night and always!


With Love and Blessings,


Sara










No comments:

Post a Comment