Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Funny or Not So funny thing happened on the way to...... (A MUST READ)





Good Evening Dear Family!

Happy Take Care Tuesday! Yikes! What an interesting 24+ hours in the life of your cyber-minister and blogger. You see a funny or not so funny thing happened to me on the way to the Cancer Walking Group yesterday! I started having stroke like symptoms! Yes friends, I had to stop off at the Emergency Room/ Department because I thought I might be having some kind of funky weakness on my left side. My face had droop and numbness on my left side, left arm had numbness and tingling, and my left leg had the same deal. I have had many friends who have had strokes and I remembered the reminder from stroke awareness month. Here is your info! 

Stroke Awareness Month is Every Month

Cryptogenic Strokes



Please click on the links above to learn more about strokes and how to keep them at bay and help your family and friends. I was admitted into the hospital for observation and they ran a battery of tests and the results were and are good. Last evening I had my first MRI about the time I should have been writing to you but, I had no computer and I couldn't send out a message because my phone battery died. I'm doing well tonight and am blessed to be back with you.
So let us return to our regularly scheduled worship and meditation! I love you all.

Today's ponderings !
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How do we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land?
"I am leaving this legacy to all of you...to bring peace, justice, equality, love and a fulfillment of what our lives should be. Without vision, the people will perish, and without courage and inspiration, dreams will die - the dream of freedom and peace." ~ Rosa Parks "you must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right." ~ Rosa Parks
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear." ~ Rosa Parks

Now let us restart our Vigil and Season of Prayer for an Election: 

You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but citizens together
with the saints and members of the household of God.
Ephesians 2:19

God is Spirit, and those who worship must worship in spirit and
in truth. John 4:24

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.

We light our candles and turn on our porch lights and make vigil and pray for our nation during this Season of Prayer for an Election:




"It is better to protest than to accept injustice." ~ Rosa Parks

"People need to free their minds of racial prejudice and believe in equality for all and freedom regardless of race. It would be a good thing if all people were treated equally and justly and not be discriminated against because of race or religion or anything that makes them different from others." ~ Rosa Parks

"There is work to do; that is why I cannot stop or sit still. As long as a child needs help, as long as people are not free, there will be work to do. As long as an elderly person is attacked or in need of support, there is work to do. As long as we have bigotry and crime, we have work to do." ~ Rosa Parks

"As long as people use tactics to oppress or restrict other people from being free, there is work to be done." ~ Rosa Parks

How good and pleasant a thing it is when God’s people live together in unity. Psalm 133:1

"We come together, asking God for courage and wisdom, thanking God for love and joy. As we move toward the election of new leaders for the United States, may we all join in a season of prayer, committing to offer to God our fears and frustrations, our hopes and dreams." (From Forward Movement)

"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." - Henri Nouwen


A Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.


IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez


We continue to pray and remember to pray for our neighbors:

 Our Neighbors are The Family of God  who are in the following prayers and I invite you pray for them daily: 
Jesus help us to remember who our neighbor is by praying for our family members below.


Women
Men
Children
Enemies
Refugees, immigrants of any kind
Caregivers
Those who don't share your political or religious beliefs
LGBTQ family members 
Elderly
Family members with whom we are estranged
Everyone
The sick and the suffering
The mentally ill and memory challenged
Those living with H.I. V./ A.I.D.S
Everyone
Those who have caused you harm or abused you
Those who hate you or you hate ( Not acceptable)
Those who have forgiven you and those whom you have forgiven
Everyone
Those who do not share the same ethnicity or race as you
Political prisoners
Prisoners of war
Those who cause terror, violence, bullying, and do unspeakable things. 
Everyone
Jews
Christians
Muslims
Buddhists
Hindus
All faith communities 
Everyone
Indigenous peoples
Victims of Human Trafficking
Everyone
Cancer patients, 
Chronically ill
The disabled 
The poor
The homeless
The hungry
 The lonely,
The lost,
The unemployed
The farm worker
Everyone
The misunderstood
The learning disabled
The marginalized
The invisible ones
The least of these
Everyone
The family of nations and all the peoples God's world

Jesus we pray for all of our family members nearby,stranger, and enemy and in particular those mentioned about that we may love one another as you have loved us . May we strive to be better at loving, accepting, and including everyone. We know that in  Your world all means all and not some. May we continue to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with you to the end of our days and beyond. Amen.


Tonight we light our candles and pray for an end to hatred an fear that keep us from being reconciled to each other and ourselves.  We light these candles for all of our family members who live in fear because they are afraid to be who they are. We pray and light candles for reconciliation between all family members who have sought to be divided and not united. We pray and light our candles in memory of all indigenous peoples of the world and that we may respect their history, their persons, and their gifts to the world. We pray and light our candles this night so that we may light up the world with God's light as a message of Love, Peace, Hope, and Joy to all who have been affected by hatred, bigotry, racism, phobias, discrimination, violence, abuse, and terror. We pray that we may shine the light of God by authentically showing to others our true selves that God has made in God's image and likeness. We light our candles and celebrate each other's diversity and the gifts we bring to this beautiful world that God created. We lift up our prayers each day for the 
all who have been victimized by terror. We pray for_____________________. The Light of Christ in Me, Recognizes the light of Christ in you

Amen.




My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following Your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please You
does in fact please You.
And I hope that I have that desire
in all that I am doing.
And I know that if I do this,
You will lead me by the right road
although I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust You always,
though I may seem to be lost
and in the shadow of death,
I will not fear, for You are ever with me,
and will never leave me
to face my perils alone.
Thomas Merton
The risen Christ appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 1 Corinthians 15:7

1 Beatus vir qui non abiit

1 Happy are they who have not walked in the counsel of
the wicked, *
nor lingered in the way of sinners,
nor sat in the seats of the scornful!

2 Their delight is in the law of the Lord, *
and they meditate on his law day and night.

3 They are like trees planted by streams of water,
bearing fruit in due season, with leaves that do not wither; *
everything they do shall prosper.

4 It is not so with the wicked; *
they are like chaff which the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand upright when
judgment comes, *
nor the sinner in the council of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, *
but the way of the wicked is doomed.


A Song of the Wilderness
Isaiah 35:1-7,10

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, *
the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
It shall blossom abundantly, *
and rejoice with joy and singing.
They shall see the glory of the Lord, *
the majesty of our God.
Strengthen the weary hands, *
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to the anxious, “Be strong, do not fear! *
Here is your God, coming with judgment to save you.”
Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, *
and the ears of the deaf be unstopped.
Then shall the lame leap like a deer, *
and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
For waters shall break forth in the wilderness *
and streams in the desert;
The burning sand shall become a pool *
and the thirsty ground, springs of water.
The ransomed of God shall return with singing, *
with everlasting joy upon their heads.
Joy and gladness shall be theirs, *
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away

Acts 15:12-22
12 The whole assembly kept silence, and listened to Barnabas and Paul as they told of all the signs and wonders that God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13After they finished speaking, James replied, ‘My brothers,* listen to me. 14Simeon has related how God first looked favourably on the Gentiles, to take from among them a people for his name. 15This agrees with the words of the prophets, as it is written, 
16 “After this I will return,
and I will rebuild the dwelling of David, which has fallen;
   from its ruins I will rebuild it,
     and I will set it up, 
17 so that all other peoples may seek the Lord—
   even all the Gentiles over whom my name has been called.
     Thus says the Lord, who has been making these things 18known from long ago.”* 
19Therefore I have reached the decision that we should not trouble those Gentiles who are turning to God, 20but we should write to them to abstain only from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from whatever has been strangled* and from blood. 21For in every city, for generations past, Moses has had those who proclaim him, for he has been read aloud every sabbath in the synagogues.’
22 Then the apostles and the elders, with the consent of the whole church, decided to choose men from among their members* and to send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They sent Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leaders among the brothers,

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.


1 Corinthians 15:1-11

The Resurrection of Christ

15Now I should remind you, brothers and sisters,* of the good news*that I proclaimed to you, which you in turn received, in which also you stand, 2through which also you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message that I proclaimed to you—unless you have come to believe in vain.
3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I in turn had received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures,4and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters* at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.* 7Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8Last of all, as to someone untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace towards me has not been in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them—though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 11Whether then it was I or they, so we proclaim and so you have come to believe.

We Praise You, O God Te Deum laudamus

We praise you, O God,
we acclaim you as Lord;
all creation worships you,
the Father everlasting.
To you all angels, all the powers of heaven,
the cherubim and seraphim, sing in endless praise:
Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might,
heaven and earth are full of your glory.
The glorious company of apostles praise you.
The noble fellowship of prophets praise you.
The white-robed army of martyrs praise you.
Throughout the world the holy Church acclaims you:
Father, of majesty unbounded,
your true and only Son, worthy of all worship,
and the Holy Spirit, advocate and guide.
You, Christ, are the king of glory,
the eternal Son of the Father.
When you took our flesh to set us free
you humbly chose the Virgin’s womb.
You overcame the sting of death
and opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
You are seated at God’s right hand in glory.
We believe that you will come to be our judge.
Come then, Lord, and help your people,
bought with the price of your own blood,
and bring us with your saints
to glory everlasting.

Matthew 13:54-58

The Rejection of Jesus at Nazareth

54 He came to his home town and began to teach the people* in their synagogue, so that they were astounded and said, ‘Where did this man get this wisdom and these deeds of power? 55Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all this?’ 57And they took offence at him. But Jesus said to them, ‘Prophets are not without honour except in their own country and in their own house.’ 58And he did not do many deeds of power there, because of their unbelief.


A Song of the Spirit
Revelation 22:12-17

“Behold, I am coming soon,” says the Lord,
“and bringing my reward with me, *
to give to everyone according to their deeds.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, *
the beginning and the end.”
Blessed are those who do God’s commandments,
that they may have the right to the tree of life, *
and may enter the city through the gates.
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to you, *
with this testimony for all the churches.
“I am the root and the offspring of David, *
I am the bright morning star.”
“Come!” say the Spirit and the Bride; *
“Come!” let each hearer reply!
Come forward, you who are thirsty, *
let those who desire take the water of life as a gift.

Grant, O God, that following the example of your servant James the Just, brother of our Lord, your Church may give itself continually to prayer and to the reconciliation of all who are at variance and enmity; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and ever.
(BCP)
Grant, O God,
that following the example of your servant James,
the brother of our Lord,
your Church may give itself continually
to prayer and to the reconciliation
of all who are at variance and enmity;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. (ANZPB)
God of revelation and reform,
we thank you for James
and his change from unbelief
to knowing Jesus, his brother, as Saviour,
and dying for his faith.
Grant that when we are wrong
we may trust you enough to change. (ANZPB)

OCT 21 Pray for peace among the nations
Almighty God our heavenly Father, guide the nations of the world into
the way of justice and truth, and establish among them that peace
which is the fruit of righteousness, that they may become the kingdom
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

OCT 22 Pray for every human heart
Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every
human heart and especially the hearts of the people of this land, that
barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds
cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live in justice and peace;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

OCT 23 Pray for those who influence public opinion
Almighty God, you proclaim your truth in every age by many voices:
Direct, in our time, we pray, those who speak where many listen and
write what many read; that they may do their part in making the heart
of this people wise, its mind sound, and its will righteous; to the honor
of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

OCT 24 Pray for these times of conflict
O God, you have bound us together in a common life. Help us, in the
midst of our struggles for justice and truth, to confront one another
without hatred or bitterness, and to work together with mutual
forbearance and respect; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

[For this season, we encourage you to pray this litany every day. You
might also consider praying the Great Litany, beginning on page 148
of The Book of Common Prayer. (From the BCP and Forward Movement)]

O Lord our Governor, bless the leaders of our land, that we
may be a people at peace among ourselves and a blessing to
other nations of the earth.
Lord, keep this nation under your care.

To the President and members of the Cabinet, to Governors
of States, Mayors of Cities, and to all in administrative authority,
grant wisdom and grace in the exercise of their duties.
Give grace to your servants, O Lord.

To Senators and Representatives, and those who make our
laws in States, Cities, and Towns, give courage, wisdom, and
foresight to provide for the needs of all our people, and to
fulfill our obligations in the community of nations.
Give grace to your servants, O Lord.

To the Judges and officers of our Courts give understanding and
integrity, that human rights may be safeguarded and justice served.
Give grace to your servants, O Lord.

And finally, teach our people to rely on your strength and to
accept their responsibilities to their fellow citizens, that they
may elect trustworthy leaders and make wise decisions for
the well-being of our society; that we may serve you
faithfully in our generation and honor your holy Name.
For yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted
as head above all. Amen.


God of abundance help us to be helpful towards all of our family members.

We pray that we may offer our time and our best selves in your service and in the service of others.

We pray that we may offer help to organizations that go against our grain to help those who differ from us.

We pray that we may learn to give of ourselves freely and gracefully.

We pray that our works may be pleasing to you.

We pray that we may find community within the many aid agencies that need our help.

We pray that we may help comfort our family members who mourn.

We pray that we may be of help to our family members who are ill.

We pray that we may work for justice and peace and speak truth to power.

We pray that we may seek to end hunger, homelessness, bullying, economic injustice, and hatred.

We pray that we may find ways to serve when we don't feel like serving.

We pray for peace in the war torn areas of the world.

We pray for sensible policing and gun laws.

We pray for equality for all and universal human rights.

We pray for our family members who have died.

We pray for our family members who are ill.

We pray for refugees, all victims of violence and oppression, victims of human trafficking.

We offer our own prayers in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
Or these prayers!

Prayers that calm and renew

God we pray this night for all who are restless and their nerves that are shaken. 
Calm our nerves, minds, and spirits God.

God we pray for peace in this your broken world.
Calm our fears, banish hate and let us sew seeds of love and mercy to those whom we fear and hate.

God we pray for all those who have entered into hospice care and are in transition.
Calm their fears and those of their loved ones as they vigil and sit at bedside. We pray for a gentle and peaceful transitioning.

God  we pray for all who are ill and in need of healing.
Give us a sense of calm while we wait for your healing O God.

God give us courage when we make mistakes and admit our wrong doing.
Calm our fears and make us strong as we meet the bumps in the road and along our life's journey.

God we pray for our nation as it goes through many trials and tribulations.
Calm our unnecessary fears and banish all of our phobias, hate, and mistrust.

God we pray for a restful and peaceful night and that we may be rested, relaxed, renewed, and refreshed. 
Give us Calm bodies, minds, and spirits as we rest.

God we pray for all those who ask us for prayer remembering especially__________________ and for ourselves._____________.
Give us calm while we pray.

God we  pray for rain in the drought parched lands. Help us to conserve water and be diligent in conservation of our environment. 

God we pray for all the leaders of the nations around the world that need to feel the power of your love and remember they are ambassadors for peace and that they do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with you O god and that they may turn their swords into ploughshares and spears into pruning  hooks and that they may never learn war anymore. 
Calm all this extremism and warring madness. 

God we pray for all who lead the various faith communities and the people with whom they minister. Calm our fears when we meet 
 other family members of God  from other faiths that we may show our love and compassion to them.

God we pray this night for all the least of  these. Keep them safe from harm. 
Calm their fears in the night hours and may they feel your loving and protective arms around them.


Calm us O God That we may be renewed by your loving presence that we may use the presents you have given us in the presence and service of others. 

God we lift up these prayers in the name of your only Son Jesus the Christ. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy Name,
    thy kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
        on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those
        who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
    and the power, and the glory,
    for ever and ever. Amen.

St. Teresa's Bookmark

Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices.


Christ has no body- St. Teresa of Avila

Christ has no body now on earth but yours; no hands but yours; no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which the compassion of Christ must look out on the world. Yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good. Yours are the hands with which He is to bless His people.


Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

An optional Rite of Compline from the Northumbria Community
Tuesday – The Cuthbert Compline

Cuthbert, a shepherd lad looking after his flock on the Lammermuir hills, had an angelic vision coinciding with the death of Aidan which convinced him that he was meant to follow Christ as surely as the beloved founder of Lindisfarne Abbey. He became a monk at Melrose Abbey, under the guidance of Boisil. Cuthbert later succeeded him as Prior. Later in his life Cuthbert became a dearly-loved bishop at Lindisfarne, from where, until his death in 687, he loved to retreat in solitude to pray and fast on the Farne Islands.

If this Compline is being used in a group setting the * notation indicates a change of reader; words in bold are said all together; words in bold italic are said by each person in turn; and + indicates where you might make the sign of the cross.

+ (silently)

* I will lie down and sleep in peace
for You alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.

O God, and Spirit, and Jesu, the Three,
from the crown of my head, O Trinity,
to the soles of my feet mine offering be.
Come I unto Thee, O Jesu, my King –
O Jesu, do Thou be my sheltering.

My dear ones, O God, bless Thou and keep,
in every place where they are.

* Whoever has chosen to make
the shelter of the Most High their dwelling place
will stay in His over-shadowing.

* He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I am trusting Him.

* He will rescue you from the traps laid for your feet,
and save you from the destroying curse.

* His faithful promises are your armour.
You need no longer be afraid of any terror by night,
or the death-arrow that flies by day.

* The Lord Himself is your refuge;
you have made the Most High your stronghold.

* Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for You are my crag and my stronghold.

* How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

I will not lie down tonight with sin,
nor shall sin
nor sin’s shadow
lie down with me.

O God of life, this night,
O darken not to me Thy light.
O God of life, this night,
close not Thy gladness to my sight.
O God of life, this night,
Thy door to me, O shut not tight,
O God of life, this night.

* Be it on Thine own beloved arm,
O God of grace,
that I in peace shall waken.

* Jesu, Son of Mary!
my helper, my encircler.
Jesu, Son of David!
my strength everlasting.
Jesu, Son of Mary!
my helper, my encircler.

The peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.


+++++++


Good Night my dearly loved ones. I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always. May we feel God's calming presence this night and always.


With love and blessings and prayers that you will feel God's abiding presence.

Sara

Resources:
Enriching Our Worship 1
Book of Common Prayer
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Northumbria Community
A to Z Quotes
Walk With Me On Our Journey
Satucket Lectionary -St. James of Jerusalem
Metis Aboriginal Ministries for Smudging prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment