Friday, October 5, 2018

Taking back our lives without fear! Pondering the words of Fannie Lou Hamer










Good Evening Beloved Community!

Happy retreat weekend and a time of placing ourselves in the presence of God and finding out how we must proceed in this time of dizzying chaos in our world and nation. A good place to start is with our pondering quotes from Fannie Lou Hamer and Luke Nephew. We must not fear and we must not give into rage. We must do the opposite. It is time to take back our lives, our nation, and anything else that is keeping us from being united, healed, and truly free. This is a perfect time to reacquaint ourselves with God, each other, and ourselves. If I have learned anything from these past weeks it is necessary for us to fall in love with our truths, speak truth to power, and tell it like it is! Telling it like it is will give way to freedoms yet unborn and the necessary changes the world needs most. Tonight and this weekend let us discover what our heart homes are telling us and ask ourselves "Do you know what time it is?", "God where do you want me to plant my feet?" and any other things you'd like to ponder.  Let us begin with tonight's ponderings!






Ponderings! 

"When I liberate others, I liberate myself." ~ Fannie Lou Hamer

"Nobody's free until everybody's free." ~ Fannie Lou Hamer

"Never to forget where we came from and always praise the bridges that carried us over." ~ Fannie Lou Hamer

"When I liberate myself, I liberate others. If you don't speak out ain't nobody going to speak out for you." ~ Fannie Lou Hamer

"You can pray until you faint, but unless you get up and try to do something, God is not going to put it in your lap." ~ Fannie Lou Hamer


Unsettling Force

We’re a new unsettling force

And we are powerful a new unsettling force

And we’re here, we’re a new unsettling force

For liberation and we’ve got nothing to lose but our chains

And we’ve got nothing to lose but our chains

And we’ve got nothing to lose but our chains

Luke Nephew

+++


When I look at the blood
all I see is love, love, love.
When I stop at the cross
I can see the love of God.

But I can’t see competition.
I can’t see hierarchy.
I can’t see pride or prejudice
or the abuse of authority.
I can’t see lust for power.
I can’t see manipulation.
I can’t see rage or anger
or selfish ambition.

I can’t see unforgiveness.
I can’t see hate or envy.
I can’t see stupid fighting
or bitterness, or jealousy.
I can’t see empire building.
I can’t see self-importance.
I can’t see back-stabbing
or vanity or arrogance.

I see surrender, sacrifice, salvation,
humility, righteousness, faithfulness, grace, forgiveness,
love! Love … love…

When I stop! … at the cross
I can see the love of God.

Godfrey Birtill
++++

Let us come together in this healing circle of love to pray, meditate, hold sacred space in this cyber sanctuary together.  May we practice the CALM Principles:


The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!"
I hold holy space for you in love and peace this day and always!
Let us remember the CALM principles:
Let us Sow Seeds of:
C= Compassion
A= Acceptance
L= Love
M = Mercy
Let us speak in words that are:
C= Comforting
A= Appreciative
L= Living and Loving
M= Mindful and Matter
Let our deeds be:
C= Caring and Compassionate
A= Admirable
L= Life giving
M= Mannerly
Let us be engaged in our:
Community
Actively
Loving one another
Ministering to everyone's needs



Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.




N LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez





A Smudging Prayer
Creator,
our Father in heaven,
we come to you as your children.
We confess that we are weak and broken images of you.
We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ.
May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies.
We pray that your Holy Spirit
 will help us to worship in spirit and truth.
We pray in the name of Jesus,
so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you.

Amen.





Let us join together in our healing circle of prayer of love and make vigil and hold sacred space and sanctuary!

Image result for Light a Candle for Healing Center

Our lessons are from today's daily office and from Evening Prayer.

God  we light our candles and offer our prayers in the silence of our hearts for all who have become victimized in any way especially by natural disaster, terror, gun violence,  and hate crime. 





Expressions of faith (Northumbria Community)

Lord, You have always given
bread for the coming day;
and though I am poor,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always given
strength for the coming day;
and though I am weak,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always given
peace for the coming day;
and though of anxious heart,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always kept
me safe in trials;
and now, tried as I am,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always marked
the road for the coming day;
and though it may be hidden,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always lightened
this darkness of mine;
and though the night is here,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always spoken
when time was ripe;
and though you be silent now,
today I believe


107

Part I
 Confitemini Domino
1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, *
and his mercy endures for ever.

2 Let all those whom the Lord has redeemed proclaim *
that he redeemed them from the hand of the foe.

3 He gathered them out of the lands; *
from the east and from the west,
from the north and from the south.
 

4 Some wandered in desert wastes; *
they found no way to a city where they might dwell.

5 They were hungry and thirsty; *
their spirits languished within them.

6 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, *
and he delivered them from their distress.

7 He put their feet on a straight path *
to go to a city where they might dwell.

8 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his mercy *
and the wonders he does for his children.

9 For he satisfies the thirsty *
and fills the hungry with good things.

10 Some sat in darkness and deep gloom, *
bound fast in misery and iron;

11 Because they rebelled against the words of God *
and despised the counsel of the Most High.

12 So he humbled their spirits with hard labor; *
they stumbled, and there was none to help.

13 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, *
and he delivered them from their distress.

14 He led them out of darkness and deep gloom *
and broke their bonds asunder.

15 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his mercy *
and the wonders he does for his children.

16 For he shatters the doors of bronze *
and breaks in two the iron bars.
 

17 Some were fools and took to rebellious ways; *
they were afflicted because of their sins.

18 They abhorred all manner of food *
and drew near to death's door.

19 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, *
and he delivered them from their distress.

20 He sent forth his word and healed them *
and saved them from the grave.

21 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his mercy *
and the wonders he does for his children.

22 Let them offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving *
and tell of his acts with shouts of joy.

23 Some went down to the sea in ships *
and plied their trade in deep waters;

24 They beheld the works of the Lord *
and his wonders in the deep.

25 Then he spoke, and a stormy wind arose, *
which tossed high the waves of the sea.

26 They mounted up to the heavens and fell back to the depths; *
their hearts melted because of their peril.

27 They reeled and staggered like drunkards *
and were at their wits' end.

28 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, *
and he delivered them from their distress.

29 He stilled the storm to a whisper *
and quieted the waves of the sea.

30 Then were they glad because of the calm, *
and he brought them to the harbor they were bound for.

31 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his mercy *
and the wonders he does for his children.

32 Let them exalt him in the congregation of the people *
and praise him in the council of the elders



Hosea 5:8-6:6


8 Blow the horn in Gibeah,
   the trumpet in Ramah.
Sound the alarm at Beth-aven;
   look behind you, Benjamin! 
9 Ephraim shall become a desolation
   on the day of punishment;
among the tribes of Israel
   I declare what is sure. 
10 The princes of Judah have become
   like those who remove the landmark;
on them I will pour out
   my wrath like water. 
11 Ephraim is oppressed, crushed in judgement,
   because he was determined to go after vanity.* 
12 Therefore I am like maggots to Ephraim,
   and like rottenness to the house of Judah. 
13 When Ephraim saw his sickness,
   and Judah his wound,
then Ephraim went to Assyria,
   and sent to the great king.*
But he is not able to cure you
   or heal your wound. 
14 For I will be like a lion to Ephraim,
   and like a young lion to the house of Judah.
I myself will tear and go away;
   I will carry off, and no one shall rescue. 
15 I will return again to my place
   until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face.
   In their distress they will beg my favour:

A Call to Repentance

6‘Come, let us return to the Lord;
   for it is he who has torn, and he will heal us;
   he has struck down, and he will bind us up. 
2 After two days he will revive us;
   on the third day he will raise us up,
   that we may live before him. 
3 Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord;
   his appearing is as sure as the dawn;
he will come to us like the showers,
   like the spring rains that water the earth.’
Impenitence of Israel and Judah


4 What shall I do with you, O Ephraim?
   What shall I do with you, O Judah?
Your love is like a morning cloud,
   like the dew that goes away early. 
5 Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets,
   I have killed them by the words of my mouth,
   and my* judgement goes forth as the light. 
6 For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,
   the knowledge of God rather than burnt-offerings.

A Song of Ezekiel
Ezekiel 36:24-28
I will take you from among all nations; *
and gather you from all lands to bring you home.
I will sprinkle clean water upon you; *
and purify you from false gods and uncleanness.
A new heart I will give you *
and a new spirit put within you.
I will take the stone heart from your chest *
and give you a heart of flesh.
I will help you walk in my laws *
and cherish my commandments and do them.
You shall be my people, *
and I will be your God.


Acts 21:37-22:16

Paul Defends Himself

37 Just as Paul was about to be brought into the barracks, he said to the tribune, ‘May I say something to you?’ The tribune* replied, ‘Do you know Greek? 38Then you are not the Egyptian who recently stirred up a revolt and led the four thousand assassins out into the wilderness?’ 39Paul replied, ‘I am a Jew, from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of an important city; I beg you, let me speak to the people.’ 40When he had given him permission, Paul stood on the steps and motioned to the people for silence; and when there was a great hush, he addressed them in the Hebrew* language, saying:

22‘Brothers and fathers, listen to the defence that I now make before you.’

2 When they heard him addressing them in Hebrew,* they became even more quiet. Then he said:

3 ‘I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, educated strictly according to our ancestral law, being zealous for God, just as all of you are today. 4I persecuted this Way up to the point of death by binding both men and women and putting them in prison, 5as the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify about me. From them I also received letters to the brothers in Damascus, and I went there in order to bind those who were there and to bring them back to Jerusalem for punishment.
Paul Tells of His Conversion

6 ‘While I was on my way and approaching Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone about me. 7I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 8I answered, “Who are you, Lord?” Then he said to me, “I am Jesus of Nazareth* whom you are persecuting.” 9Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me. 10I asked, “What am I to do, Lord?” The Lord said to me, “Get up and go to Damascus; there you will be told everything that has been assigned to you to do.” 11Since I could not see because of the brightness of that light, those who were with me took my hand and led me to Damascus.

12 ‘A certain Ananias, who was a devout man according to the law and well spoken of by all the Jews living there, 13came to me; and standing beside me, he said, “Brother Saul, regain your sight!” In that very hour I regained my sight and saw him. 14Then he said, “The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Righteous One and to hear his own voice; 15for you will be his witness to all the world of what you have seen and heard. 16And now why do you delay? Get up, be baptized, and have your sins washed away, calling on his name.”

A Song of Christ’s Goodness
Anselm of Canterbury

Jesus, as a mother you gather your people to you; *
you are gentle with us as a mother with her children.
Often you weep over our sins and our pride, *
tenderly you draw us from hatred and judgment.
You comfort us in sorrow and bind up our wounds, *
in sickness you nurse us and with pure milk you feed us.
Jesus, by your dying, we are born to new life; *
by your anguish and labor we come forth in joy.
Despair turns to hope through your sweet goodness; *
through your gentleness, we find comfort in fear.
Your warmth gives life to the dead, *
your touch makes sinners righteous.
Lord Jesus, in your mercy, heal us; *
in your love and tenderness, remake us.
In your compassion, bring grace and forgiveness, *
for the beauty of heaven, may your love prepare us.

Luke 6:12-26

Jesus Chooses the Twelve Apostles

12 Now during those days he went out to the mountain to pray; and he spent the night in prayer to God. 13And when day came, he called his disciples and chose twelve of them, whom he also named apostles: 14Simon, whom he named Peter, and his brother Andrew, and James, and John, and Philip, and Bartholomew, 15and Matthew, and Thomas, and James son of Alphaeus, and Simon, who was called the Zealot, 16and Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
Jesus Teaches and Heals

17 He came down with them and stood on a level place, with a great crowd of his disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea, Jerusalem, and the coast of Tyre and Sidon. 18They had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those who were troubled with unclean spirits were cured. 19And all in the crowd were trying to touch him, for power came out from him and healed all of them.
Blessings and Woes

20 Then he looked up at his disciples and said:
‘Blessed are you who are poor,
   for yours is the kingdom of God. 
21 ‘Blessed are you who are hungry now,
   for you will be filled.
‘Blessed are you who weep now,
   for you will laugh.

22 ‘Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you, revile you, and defame you* on account of the Son of Man. 23Rejoice on that day and leap for joy, for surely your reward is great in heaven; for that is what their ancestors did to the prophets. 
24 ‘But woe to you who are rich,
   for you have received your consolation. 
25 ‘Woe to you who are full now,
   for you will be hungry.
‘Woe to you who are laughing now,
   for you will mourn and weep.

26 ‘Woe to you when all speak well of you, for that is what their ancestors did to the false prophets.



A Song of God’s Love
1 John 4:7-11

Beloved, let us love one another, *
for love is of God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, *
for God is Love.
In this the love of God was revealed among us, *
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through Jesus Christ.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us *
and sent his Son that sins might be forgiven.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, *
we ought also to love one another.
For if we love one another, God abides in us, *
and God’s love will be perfected in us.

Almighty God, who created us in your own image: Grant us grace fearlessly to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression; and, that we may reverently use our freedom, help us to employ it in the maintenance of justice in our communities and among the nations, to the glory of your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

 Heavenly Father, whose blessed Son came not to be served but to serve: Bless all who, following in his steps, give themselves to the service of others; that with wisdom, patience, and courage, they may minister in his Name to the suffering, the friendless, and the needy for the love of him who laid down his life for us, your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

'The Beatitudes

Matthew 5 The Voice (VOICE) 

People talk about this Jesus, this Preacher and Healer. Word spreads of His charisma and wisdom and power and love. People who are too sick to walk persuade their friends and relatives to carry them to Jesus. These cripples and demonized and ill and paralytics come to Jesus, and He heals them, and they follow Him.
5 Now when He saw the crowds, He went up on a mountain (as Moses had done before Him) and He sat down (as Jewish teachers of His day usually did). His disciples gathered around Him.

There on the mountain Jesus teaches them all. And as He is teaching, crowds gather around and overhear His teachings, listen in, and are captivated. This, the Sermon on the Mount, is the first of the five Mosaic-like sermons in Matthew.

2 And He began to teach them.

3 Jesus: Blessed are the spiritually poor—the kingdom of heaven is theirs.
4     Blessed are those who mourn—they will be comforted.
5     Blessed are the meek and gentle—they will inherit the earth.
6     Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness—they will be filled.
7     Blessed are the merciful—they will be shown mercy.
8     Blessed are those who are pure in heart—they will see God.
9     Blessed are the peacemakers—they will be called children of God.
10     Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness—the kingdom of heaven is theirs.
11 And blessed are you, blessed are all of you, when people persecute you or denigrate you or despise you or tell lies about you on My account. 12 But when this happens, rejoice. Be glad. Remember that God’s prophets have been persecuted in the past. And know that in heaven, you have a great reward.

“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.” ― Teresa of Ávila


A few prayers for the Vulnerable and Survivor-victims of Violence and abuse:
Dear Lord we pray for the victims and survivors of violence and abuse.

We pray for all those who work in the areas of domestic violence and child abuse prevention.

We pray for CALM, CASA, Child Help, Silent Witness and the many organizations that help and make programs for our family members feel safe, protected, valued, loved, and remembered.

We pray for all those who are trained in SART and those who will be cared for tonight. Wrap your arms around them Lord and make them feel that they are safe.
Remembering those who have lost their lives due to gun violence.

We pray for all women who have been victims of Domestic Violence and those who have lost their lives due to domestic violence and are known only to you.

We pray for safe streets and sidewalks for all of our family members.
Remembering especially the disabled, elderly, women, and children.

We pray that all those who commit these terrible acts may be caught and brought to justice.

We pray for our family members who have been victimized by the Santa Maria Groper and all victimizers that they may repent and change their behaviors.

We pray that all of us may not be afraid to get involved, speak truth to power,  report incidences as both victims/survivors, and witnesses, and wear the mantles you give us when we are called to be your spokespeople and speak up on behalf of others who can't and are afraid to.

Lord God, watch over our cities, family members, and those who haven't any choice but to walk during the evening and night hours. We lift up these prayers to you O Lord. Amen.
 

God we pray for all those who are in the paths of severe weather, civil unrest, violence, and natural disasters. We pray particularly for our family members in Indonesia and all other places in the world that are in harms way.  We pray for our family members who are in danger and especially those who have lost their lives, property, and livelihoods.

We pray for sound governance throughout the world and that there may be peace on the earth and that all wars, violence, and injustice may cease.

We pray for a climate of mindfulness and that we may not walk in a fog but clear headed and with clear vision to see what is happening in our worldwide neighborhood 
and that we may see God in each other's eyes. We pray that we may not pass people by on the road and may we always recognize Jesus in the least of these.

We pray for those who are struggling to find employment all over the world and that jobs may be well paying and permanent.   

We pray for all those who are in transition at any stage of life. We pray for all of our young people who are being promoted in school, those graduating, those retiring, and those discerning vocations to ministry and new life paths.

We pray for all of us who are learning to deal with a new normals in our health situations. We pray for those who are ill in whatever place the healing process they may find themselves.

We pray  for all those who work to keep us safe from harm. Remembering the people who fix our infrastructures, law enforcement, military, emergency rescue personnel, and all those who are involved in health and safety.

We pray that we may never stop growing into the Family of God you created us to be and that we may be loving, merciful, grateful, and compassionate beings who respect the dignity of all.

We pray this night for all of those who have requested prayer and those of  whom we have been asked to pray for. 

We pray for all of our family members who are finding life a struggle and we remember those with chronic pain and mental illness. We pray that a cure may be found for all memory related illnesses.

We pray that everyone who has challenging work loads this week may find peace and time for rest, relaxation, refreshment, and renewal. We pray that we all may master the art and necessities of rest and sleep.

May we lay down our burdens and worries O God and may we find our bodies, minds, and spirits lightened in order to serve you daily.

We pray for all those who minister to our family members at night especially the Automobile Club/AAA, Emergency Room personnel, Hospice workers, Night Caregivers, and those who work in the Mortuary ministries. 

We pray for caregivers of every kind from the parish priest to the family member who cares for their aging parents and all caregivers in between.

We lift up these prayers and any other prayers of thanksgiving, remembrance, and celebration to you O God who is Creator, Redeemer, and Holy Comforter. Amen.

A Prayer Attributed to St. Francis!

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love, Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; And where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved, as to love.
Francis of Assisi

The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 
I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditaion. 

“Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.” 
― Teresa of Ávila

The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, *
according to thy word;
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, *
which thou hast prepared before the face of all people,
To be a light to lighten the Gentiles, *
and to be the glory of thy people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


The Wisdom of God
the Love of God
and the Grace of God
strengthen you
to be Christ’s hands and heart in this world,
in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

Live without fear: your Creator has made you holy, has always
protected you, and loves you as a mother. Go in peace to follow
the good road and may God’s blessing be with you always. Amen.

(source: from Saint Clare)

The Light of Christ in me Recognizes the Light of Christ in you!" 
I hold holy space for you during this time of prayer, vigil, and meditation. 


A Bonus time of meditation and music: Fannie Lou Hamer Mix

+++++

Friday – The Boisil Compline (Northumbria Community)

Boisil, Prior of Melrose Abbey, died in 661. Bede described him as a ‘priest of great virtue and prophetic spirit.’ Boisil, on his first meeting with Cuthbert, who was to be his pupil, exclaimed, ‘Behold, the servant of the Lord!’ – recognizing the call of God on the young man’s life.
+ (silently)

* O Lord, You will keep us safe
and protect us forever.

I am placing my soul and my body
in Thy safe keeping this night, O God,
in Thy safe keeping, O Jesus Christ,
in Thy safe keeping, O Spirit of perfect truth.
The Three who would defend my cause
be keeping me this night from harm.

* I call on You, O God,
for You will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.

* Show the wonder of Your great love,
You who save by Your right hand
those who take refuge in You from their foes.

* Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings.

Lighten my darkness, Lord.
Let the light of Your presence
dispel the shadows of night.

* Christ with me sleeping,
Christ with me waking,
Christ with me watching,
each day and each night.

* Save us, Lord, while we are awake,
guard us while we are asleep;
that, awake, we may watch with Christ,
and, asleep, may rest in His peace.

God with me protecting,
the Lord with me directing,
the Spirit with me strengthening
for ever and for evermore.

* In the name of the Father precious,
and of the Spirit of healing balm.
In the name of the Lord Jesus,
I lay me down to rest.

The peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen




Have a blessed night dear family! I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Love and blessings!

Sara


Resources: 
Satucket for lessons
Quote Sites for Fannie Lou Hamer and prayers
Book of Common Prayer
YouTube for Music
In Lak 'Ech -Luis Valdez
Metis Aboriginal Ministries: Smudging Prayer
Enriching our Worship


Bonus Scripture Reading:

6 October

Psalm 28:3–5 Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who are workers of evil, who speak peace with their neighbours, while mischief is in their hearts. 4 Repay them according to their work, and according to the evil of their deeds; repay them according to the work of their hands; render them their due reward. 5 Because they do not regard the works of the Lord, or the work of his hands, he will break them down and build them up no more.

Genesis 2:18-24 Then the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper as his partner.’ 19 So out of the ground the LordGod formed every animal of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the air, and to every animal of the field; but for the man there was not found a helper as his partner. 21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22 And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 Then the man said, ‘This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one shall be called Woman, for out of Man this one was taken.’ 24 Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh.


Galatians 3:28 There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment