Saturday, October 20, 2018

Day 2 of our Weekend Retreat and Prayer Vigil! Voices of Healing that are Like Balm!











Good Evening Dear Family!

Happy Self-Care Saturday a.k.a. Retreat and Prayer Vigil Day 2! Let us spend time meditating upon the pondering section and hear these voices of healing that are like balm. Our vigil tonight is a vigil for healing. Dear Ones, let us begin.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.

Peace be still.
Peace be.
Peace.




Voices of healing that are like balm!

"The impulse of love that leads us to the doorway of a friend is the voice of God within, and we need not be afraid to follow it." ~ Agnes Sanford

"Church is not an organization you join; it is a family where you belong, a home where you are loved and a hospital where you find healing." ~ Nicky Gumbel

"Rest and be kind, you don't have to prove anything" ~ Jack Kerouac

"We humans have lost the wisdom of genuinely resting and relaxing. We worry too much. We don't allow our bodies to heal, and we don't allow our minds and hearts to heal." ~ Nhat Hanh

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you're already in heaven now." ~ Jack 
Kerouac


"Healing yourself is connected with healing others." ~ Yoko Ono

"Well, we ought to be stirred, even to tears, by society's ills." ~ George McGovern

"We are all sinners. But God heals us with an abundance of grace, mercy and tenderness" ~ Pope Francis

"Empathy is born out of the old biblical injunction 'Love the neighbor as thyself.'" ~ George McGovern

"As we practice the work of forgiveness we discover more and more that forgiveness and healing are one." ~ Agnes Sanford

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love." ~ Francis of Assisi

"Pay attention to the hungry, both in this country and around the world. Pay attention to the poor. Pay attention to our responsibilities for world peace. We are our brother's keeper." ~ George McGovern

"Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It’s a relationship between equals." ~ Pema Chodron

"It changes your life, the pursuit of truth." ~ Ben Bradlee

"Prayer is not a matter of getting what we want the most. Prayer is a matter of giving ourselves to God and learning His laws, so that He can do through us what He wants the most." ~ Agnes Sanford

According to the riches of God’s glory, may you be strengthened with the might through the Holy Spirit in your inner being, and may Christ dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled with the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19


Let us light our candles and be at prayer!





Psalm 23 will be the opening for our vigil tonight! It is from A New Zealand Prayer Book.


Psalm 23

Dear God, you sustain me and feed me:
like a shepherd you guide me.

You lead me to an oasis of green,
to lie down by restful waters.

You refresh my soul for the journey,
and guide me along trusted roads.

The God of justice is your name.
Though I must enter the darkness of death,
I will fear no evil.

For you are with me,
your rod and staff comfort me.

You prepare a table before my very eyes,
in the presence of those who trouble me.

You anoint my head with oil,
and you fill my cup to the brim.

Your loving kindness and mercy will meet me
every day of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of my God for ever.

Hymn

Be still and know that I am God. 
Be still and know that I am God. 
Be still and know that I am God.

I am the God that healeth thee. 
I am the God that healeth thee.
I am the God that healeth thee.

In thee, O God, I put my trust. 
In thee, O God, I put my trust. 
In thee, O God, I put my trust.

Light of the World Phos hilaron

Light of the world, in grace and beauty,
Mirror of God’s eternal face,
Transparent flame of love’s free duty,
You bring salvation to our race.
Now, as we see the lights of evening,
We raise our voice in hymns of praise;
Worthy are you of endless blessing,
Sun of our night, lamp of our days.
A Smudging Prayer

 Creator, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. We confess that we are weak and broken images of you. We pray for the forgiveness and healing you give in Jesus Christ. May his Spirit clean our spirits, minds, hearts, and bodies. We pray that your Holy Spirit will help us to worship in spirit and truth. We pray in the name of Jesus, so that his Spirit will carry our prayers to you. Amen.


IN LAK’ECH

Tú eres mi otro yo.
You are my other me.
Si te hago daño a ti,
If I do harm to you,
Me hago daño a mi mismo.
I do harm to myself.
Si te amo y respeto,
If I love and respect you,
Me amo y respeto yo.
I love and respect myself.

Luis Valdez


110 Dixit Dominus

1 The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand, *
until I make your enemies your footstool."

2 The Lord will send the scepter of your power out of Zion, *
saying, "Rule over your enemies round about you.

3 Princely state has been yours from the day of your birth; *
in the beauty of holiness have I begotten you,
like dew from the womb of the morning."

4 The Lord has sworn and he will not recant: *
"You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."

5 The Lord who is at your right hand
will smite kings in the day of his wrath; *
he will rule over the nations.
(6 He will heap high the corpses; *
he will smash heads over the wide earth.

7 He will drink from the brook beside the road; *
therefore he will lift high his head.)


116 Dilexi, quoniam

1 I love the Lord, because he has heard the voice of
my supplication, *
because he has inclined his ear to me whenever
I called upon him.

2 The cords of death entangled me;
the grip of the grave took hold of me; *
I came to grief and sorrow.

3 Then I called upon the Name of the Lord: *
"O Lord, I pray you, save my life."

4 Gracious is the Lord and righteous; *
our God is full of compassion.

5 The Lord watches over the innocent; *
I was brought very low, and he helped me.

6 Turn again to your rest, O my soul. *
for the Lord has treated you well.

7 For you have rescued my life from death, *
my eyes from tears, and my feet from stumbling.

8 I will walk in the presence of the Lord *
in the land of the living.

9 I believed, even when I said,
"I have been brought very low." *
In my distress I said, "No one can be trusted."

10 How shall I repay the Lord *
for all the good things he has done for me?

11 I will lift up the cup of salvation *
and call upon the Name of the Lord.

12 I will fulfill my vows to the Lord *
in the presence of all his people.

13 Precious in the sight of the Lord *
is the death of his servants.

14 O Lord, I am your servant; *
I am your servant and the child of your handmaid;
you have freed me from my bonds.

15 I will offer you the sacrifice of thanksgiving *
and call upon the Name of the Lord.

16 I will fulfill my vows to the Lord *
in the presence of all his people,

17 In the courts of the Lord's house, *
in the midst of you, O Jerusalem.
Hallelujah!


117 Laudate Dominum

1 Praise the Lord, all you nations; *
laud him, all you peoples.

2 For his loving-kindness toward us is great, *
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures for ever.
Hallelujah!

Sirach 3:17-31


17 My child, perform your tasks with humility;*
   then you will be loved by those whom God accepts. 
18 The greater you are, the more you must humble yourself;
   so you will find favour in the sight of the Lord.* 
20 For great is the might of the Lord;
   but by the humble he is glorified. 
21 Neither seek what is too difficult for you,
   nor investigate what is beyond your power. 
22 Reflect upon what you have been commanded,
   for what is hidden is not your concern. 
23 Do not meddle in matters that are beyond you,
   for more than you can understand has been shown to you. 
24 For their conceit has led many astray,
   and wrong opinion has impaired their judgement. 

25 Without eyes there is no light;
   without knowledge there is no wisdom.* 
26 A stubborn mind will fare badly at the end,
   and whoever loves danger will perish in it. 
27 A stubborn mind will be burdened by troubles,
   and the sinner adds sin to sins. 
28 When calamity befalls the proud, there is no healing,
   for an evil plant has taken root in him. 
29 The mind of the intelligent appreciates proverbs,
   and an attentive ear is the desire of the wise. 

30 As water extinguishes a blazing fire,
   so almsgiving atones for sin. 
31 Those who repay favours give thought to the future;
   when they fall they will find support.

A Song of Pilgrimage Priusquam errarem
Ecclesiasticus 51:13-16,20b-22

Before I ventured forth,
even while I was very young, *
I sought wisdom openly in my prayer.
In the forecourts of the temple I asked for her, *
and I will seek her to the end.
From first blossom to early fruit, *
she has been the delight of my heart.
My foot has kept firmly to the true path, *
diligently from my youth have I pursued her.
I inclined my ear a little and received her; *
I found for myself much wisdom and became adept in her.
To the one who gives me wisdom will I give glory, *
for I have resolved to live according to her way.
From the beginning I gained courage from her, *
therefore I will not be forsaken.
In my inmost being I have been stirred to seek her, *
therefore have I gained a good possession.
As my reward the Almighty has given me the gift of language,*
and with it will I offer praise to God.

Acts 28:17-31

Paul and Jewish Leaders in Rome

17 Three days later he called together the local leaders of the Jews. When they had assembled, he said to them, ‘Brothers, though I had done nothing against our people or the customs of our ancestors, yet I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. 18When they had examined me, the Romans* wanted to release me, because there was no reason for the death penalty in my case. 19But when the Jews objected, I was compelled to appeal to the emperor—even though I had no charge to bring against my nation. 20For this reason therefore I have asked to see you and speak with you,* since it is for the sake of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.’ 21They replied, ‘We have received no letters from Judea about you, and none of the brothers coming here has reported or spoken anything evil about you. 22But we would like to hear from you what you think, for with regard to this sect we know that everywhere it is spoken against.’
Paul Preaches in Rome
23 After they had fixed a day to meet him, they came to him at his lodgings in great numbers. From morning until evening he explained the matter to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the law of Moses and from the prophets.24Some were convinced by what he had said, while others refused to believe. 25So they disagreed with each other; and as they were leaving, Paul made one further statement: ‘The Holy Spirit was right in saying to your ancestors through the prophet Isaiah, 
26 “Go to this people and say,
You will indeed listen, but never understand,
   and you will indeed look, but never perceive. 
27 For this people’s heart has grown dull,
   and their ears are hard of hearing,
     and they have shut their eyes;
     so that they might not look with their eyes,
   and listen with their ears,
and understand with their heart and turn—
   and I would heal them.” 
28Let it be known to you then that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will listen.’*
30 He lived there for two whole years at his own expense* and welcomed all who came to him, 31proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.

A Song of True Motherhood
Julian of Norwich

God chose to be our mother in all things *
and so made the foundation of his work,
most humbly and most pure, in the Virgin’s womb.
God, the perfect wisdom of all, *
arrayed himself in this humble place.
Christ came in our poor flesh *
to share a mother’s care.
Our mothers bear us for pain and for death; *
our true mother, Jesus, bears us for joy and endless life.
Christ carried us within him in love and travail, *
until the full time of his passion.
And when all was completed and he had carried us so for joy, *
still all this could not satisfy the power of his wonderful love.
All that we owe is redeemed in truly loving God, *
for the love of Christ works in us;
Christ is the one whom we love.

Luke 9:37-50
37 On the next day, when they had come down from the mountain, a great crowd met him. 38Just then a man from the crowd shouted, ‘Teacher, I beg you to look at my son; he is my only child. 39Suddenly a spirit seizes him, and all at once he* shrieks. It throws him into convulsions until he foams at the mouth; it mauls him and will scarcely leave him. 40I begged your disciples to cast it out, but they could not.’41Jesus answered, ‘You faithless and perverse generation, how much longer must I be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here.’42While he was coming, the demon dashed him to the ground in convulsions. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the boy, and gave him back to his father. 43And all were astounded at the greatness of God.
While everyone was amazed at all that he was doing, he said to his disciples, 44‘Let these words sink into your ears: The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into human hands.’ 45But they did not understand this saying; its meaning was concealed from them, so that they could not perceive it. And they were afraid to ask him about this saying.
46 An argument arose among them as to which one of them was the greatest. 47But Jesus, aware of their inner thoughts, took a little child and put it by his side, 48and said to them, ‘Whoever welcomes this child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me; for the least among all of you is the greatest.’
49 John answered, ‘Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.’50But Jesus said to him, ‘Do not stop him; for whoever is not against you is for you.’ 

The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in you, O God my Savior, *
for you have looked with favor on your lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
you, the Almighty, have done great things for me,
and holy is your name.
You have mercy on those who fear you *
from generation to generation.
You have shown strength with your arm *
and scattered the proud in their conceit,
Casting down the mighty from their thrones *
and lifting up the lowly.
You have filled the hungry with good things *
and sent the rich away empty.
You have come to the help of your servant Israel, *
for you have remembered your promise of mercy,
The promise made to our forebears, *
to Abraham and his children for ever


The following rite comes from Enriching Our Worship 2 : A litany of Healing

God our healer, whose mercy is like a refining fire: by the lovingkindness
of Jesus, heal us and those for whom we pray; that
being renewed by you, we may witness your wholeness to our
broken world; through Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit.
Amen.

Gracious God, we commend to your loving care all who suffer,
especially those who come [here] seeking your healing grace [for
themselves or others]. Give them patience and hope in their distress;
strengthen and uphold them in mind and body; and grant,
by your intervention, that all your people may be made whole
according to your desire, through Jesus Christ, in the power of
the Holy Spirit. Amen.


A Litany for Healing

Let us name before God those for whom we offer our prayers.

Let us offer our prayers for God’s healing, saying, “Hear and
have mercy”

Holy God, source of health and salvation,
Here and after each petition, the people respond
Hear and have mercy.

Holy and Mighty, wellspring of abundant life,
Hear and have mercy.

Holy Immortal One, protector of the faithful,
Hear and have mercy.

Holy Trinity, the source of all wholeness,
Hear and have mercy.

Blessed Jesus, your Holy Name is medicine for healing and a
promise of eternal life,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, descendant of David, you healed all who came to you in
faith,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, child of Mary, you embraced the world with your love,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, divine physician, you sent your disciples to preach the
Gospel and heal in your name,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus our true mother, you feed us the milk of your compassion,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, Son of God, you take away our sin and make us whole,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, eternal Christ, your promised Spirit renews our hearts and
minds,
Hear and have mercy.

Grant your grace to heal those who are sick, we pray to you,
O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Give courage and faith to all who are disabled through injury or
illness, we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Comfort, relieve, and heal all sick children, we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Give courage to all who await surgery, we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Support and encourage those who live with chronic illness,
we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Strengthen those who endure continual pain, and give them hope,
we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Grant the refreshment of peaceful sleep to all who suffer, we pray
to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Befriend all who are anxious, lonely, despondent, or afraid,
we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Restore those with mental illness to clarity of mind and hopefulness
of heart, we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Give rest to the weary, and hold the dying in your loving arms,
we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.
Help us to prepare for death with confident expectation and hope
of Easter joy, we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Give your wisdom and compassion to health care workers, that
they may minister to the sick and dying with knowledge, skill,
and kindness, we pray to you, O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Uphold those who keep watch with the sick, we pray to you,
O God,
Hear and have mercy.

Guide those who search for the causes and cures of sickness and
disease, we pray to you, O God,

Jesus, Lamb of God,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, bearer of our sins,
Hear and have mercy.

Jesus, redeemer of the world,
Hear and have mercy.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy Name,
    thy kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
        on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those
        who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
    and the power, and the glory,
    for ever and ever. Amen.
or the alternative form. (From A New Zealand Prayer Book)
Eternal Spirit, 
Earth-maker, Pain-bearer, Life-giver, 
Source of all that is and that shall be, 
Father and Mother of us all, 
Loving God, in whom is heaven:
The hallowing of your name echo through the universe! 
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples
of the world! 
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! 
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom 
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us. 
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. 
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. 
From trials too great to endure, spare us. 
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, 
now and for ever. Amen.

Compassionate God: You so loved the world that you sent us
Jesus to bear our infirmities and afflictions. Through acts of healing,
he revealed you as the true source of health and salvation.
For the sake of your Christ who suffered and died for us, conquered
death, and now reigns with you in glory, hear the cry of
your people. Have mercy on us, make us whole, and bring us at
last into the fullness of your eternal life. Amen

"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love?' These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this world and the life to come." - Henri Nouwen

Confession of Need
Let us confess our need for God’s healing grace.

Minister and People
Compassionate God,
we confess our weaknesses and our need for your
strengthening touch.
We confess that some illnesses stem from our own fault,
while others are beyond our control.
We turn to you, source of life,
and ask in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ
for the gifts of true healing and life in you. Amen.

Minister
May the God of love visit us in your times of trial and weakness,
and raise us to newness of life, through Jesus Christ, in the
power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

A Prayer attributed to St. Francis
Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is
hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where
there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where
there is sadness, joy. Grant that we may not so much seek to
be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is
in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we
are born to eternal life. Amen.

God we make vigil tonight for the healing of ourselves, our families, and the planet. Give us the courage to accept your healing and pray for the healing of others. Help us to pray with kind words, healing words, and loving words. Let us enter in holy silence as we make this vigil for healing.

Heal our bodies O God.

Heal our minds O God.

Heal our spirits O God.

Heal our hearts O God.

Heal our emotions O God.

Heal our fears  O God.

Heal our lives O God.

Heal everyone and everything that lives on this planet O God.

Heal the Nations O God.

Heal divisions wherever we are O God.

Heal the world of hatred,  racism, bigotry, abuse, white supremacy, terror, and all isms and obias O God.


Heal what ever is on our hearts during this vigil time and help us to pray and set it free and make us whole O God.

Heal_____________________ O God.

Hear our Prayers, and Heal us O God.

Everything Has Its Time (From Ecclesiastes)
3 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Jesus, you are the way through the wilderness: show us your
truth in which we journey, and by the grace of the Holy Spirit be
in us the life that draws us to God. Amen.
(source: F.B. McNutt, The Prayer Manual [London: Mowbray, 1961], p. 29,
adapted)


“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”


― Teresa of Ávila


The Beatitudes
5 When Jesus[a] saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely[b] on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
God we pray for our tender hearts,bodies, minds, and spirits that are in need of healing this night.
Heal us loving and merciful God and make us whole .

God we pray for the healing of all our family members who are victims of bullying, terror, and abuse.
Heal them loving and merciful God and make them whole.

God we pray for the healing of our land and that our environment may be restored from climate change and misuse.
Heal this your planet O loving and merciful God and make it whole as you created to be.

God we pray for the healing of division that we may be made one and that we may in the words of the the Prophet Micah 'Do Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly with you O God.
Heal us from all hatred, bigotry, and discrimination and make us wholly one O God of love and mercy.

God we pray for healing of our jangled nerves as we confront life's struggles daily.
Heal our anxieties and may we always remember to "Not be anxious and to Consider the Lilies!"

God we pray for the healing of these precious ones we name before you now____________
Heal them God and make them whole.

God we pray for the healing of those who are grieving the loss of many dearly loved ones. We remember them now and speak their names tenderly and in their honor____________
Heal the grieving and give them peace and comfort loving and merciful God.

God we pray for the healing of all places where there has been violence and terror recently and today we remember all places known and unknown.
God we pray these additional prayers:

God of all comfort be with us this night as we pray for peace in this world and that we may live into our baptismal covenant with you and each other.

God  of all comfort may we seek as one family with you to find solutions that will stem the tide of all violence and terror.

God of all comfort may we seek with you to find our true calling and life path.

God of all comfort give us strength to speak out firmly and lovingly for those who haven't any voice.

God of all comfort give us all a return to common sense. Take away from us all temptation to fall into a mob and hate mentality.

God of all comfort we pray for all who are ill and in need of healing of their bodies, minds, and spirits.

God of all comfort may we be sources of comfort  one to another and listen to you with our heart homes for those who are in need of help and may not be able to name their needs.

God of all comfort may we ever be mindful of our family members who are grieving losses and pre-grieving. 

God of all comfort we pray for all who have been senselessly murdered for who they are. Grant to them eternal rest.

God of all comfort may all of us who struggle to live authentically without fear be able to speak and live our truth valiantly and with courage.

God of all comfort we pray and give thanks for_________________________


We lift up these our prayers in the Holy name of Jesus!  Amen. 

St. Teresa's Bookmark

Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices.

Christ has no body- St. Teresa of Avila

Christ has no body now on earth but yours; no hands but yours; no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which the compassion of Christ must look out on the world. Yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good. Yours are the hands with which He is to bless His people.
The Woke Prayers of St. Francis
Help us O God to be woke!
Woke as your peacemakers, change makers, heart changers, and love energy bringers!
Woke to the hatred so that we may sow seeds of love.
Woke to the injury so that we may heal the hurt and cease the harm.
Woke to the divisiveness that we may be eager to heal and unite as one neighborhood and family.
Woke to uncertainty that will lead us to be renewed in faith.
Woke to the despair of all our neighbors so that we may sow seeds of radical hope, love, hospitality, and inclusion.
Woke to the knowledge that we are God's beloved children. Help us to be woke enough to know that God has made us in God's image and we are all in God's hands
Let us be woke and sing He's Got the Whole World In His Hands!

He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got my brothers and my sisters in His hands,
He's got my brothers and my sisters in His hands,
He's got my brothers and my sisters in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got the sun and the rain in His hands,
He's got the moon and the stars in His hands,
He's got the wind and the clouds in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got the rivers and the mountains in His hands,
He's got the oceans and the seas in His hands,
He's got you and he's got me in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got everybody here in His hands,
He's got everybody there in His hands,
He's got everybody everywhere in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

Help us to be woke enough not to think of ourselves being the comforted, help us be the comforters and wounded healers.

Help not to be know it alls and be woke to understand what is plaguing our inner beings, neighbors, neighborhoods, the least of these, our family members.

God wake us up to be Woke to your agape love so that we may love everything that you have made. Wake us to be Woke to Radical Love, Hospitality, and inclusion.

Help us to know that being truly woke means being open to radical and random acts of kindness and giving. Where the giver is given and receives much by acts of giving.

Help us to be woke enough to forgive and then find ourselves being actually forgiven 
God Wake us Up to Be Woke to know that death isn't the end but only the beginning of a new birth in your heavenly Kindom. Amen and let it be so! 

 Almighty God, whose prophets taught us righteousness in the care of your poor: By the guidance of your Holy Spirit, grant that we may do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly in your sight; through Jesus Christ, our Judge and Redeemer, who lives and reigns with you and the same Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.


In the Evening
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep
this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying,
soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all
for your love’s sake. Amen.

The Song of Simeon Nunc dimittis
Luke 2:29-32

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more
than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to
generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever.
Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21

God’s Blessing be with you,
Christ’s peace be with you,
the Spirit’s outpouring be with you,
now and always. Amen.
(source: Celtic)

An additional rite of Compline may be added.(From the Northumbria Community)

Saturday – The Patrick Compline

ff
Patrick (389-461) was a Briton and a former slave in Ireland. He became the ‘Apostle to Ireland’, travelling widely, evangelizing tirelessly and organizing churches and monasteries. He established his episcopal seat in Armagh, which became the centre of Christianity in the whole of Ireland. Patrick was fearless in the pursuit of his aim: to destroy paganism and to exalt the name of the Triune God.
If this Compline is being used in a group setting the * notation indicates a change of reader; words in bold are said all together; words in bold italic are said by each person in turn; and + indicates where you might make the sign of the cross.
+ (silently)
In the name of the King of life;
in the name of the Christ of love;
in the name of the Holy Spirit:
the Triune of my strength.
* I love you, O Lord my strength.
The Lord is my rock,
my fortress and my deliverer.
My God is my rock
in whom I take refuge.
* I will praise the Lord who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
* I have set the Lord always before me.
Because He is at my right hand,
I shall not be shaken.
I am placing my soul and my body
under Thy guarding this night, O Christ.
May Thy cross this night be shielding me.
* Into Your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O Lord, the God of Truth.
* The God of life with guarding hold you;
the loving Christ with guarding fold you;
the Holy Spirit, guarding, mould you;
each night of life to aid, enfold you;
each day and night of life uphold you.
May God shield me;
may God fill me;
may God keep me;
may God watch me;
may God bring me this night
to the nearness of His love.
* The peace of the Father of joy,
the peace of the Christ of hope,
the peace of the Spirit of grace,
the peace of all peace
be mine this night
+ in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

++++++
Good Night Dear Ones! We continue to pray for healing of all of God's creation and let us remember to treat everyone with loving care. I love you and give thanks to God for you always.
Peace and blessings,
Sara

Resources:
Enriching Our Worship 1 and 2
A New Zealand Prayer Book
Satucket Lectionary
Book of Common Prayer
Bible Gateway
Quote sites for other prayers
In Lak 'Ech -Luis Valdez
Walk With Me On Our Journey.
Metis Aboriginal Ministries
Northumbria Community

No comments:

Post a Comment