Saturday, November 8, 2014

Beside the still waters and Psalm 121 - Calming words and scenes from the Psalms and Zermatt and Midway




Good Evening Family of Love,


Wow! If you ever need a place to rest and be assured of God's presence and majesty the Zermatt resort here in Midway Utah has it. Everywhere you look there is a mountain and on the property there is running water through a creek and a pond. This is a wonderful place to experience God's Cathedral of Life. I kept hearkening back to the Psalms these past few days. Psalm 23 and Psalm 121. after we read the those two Psalms let us see some of the images I had the opportunity to see. 

The LORD Is My Shepherd  Psalm 23 Traditional Verson

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. [3]

Psalm 121

A Song of Ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
   from where will my help come? 
2 My help comes from the Lord,
   who made heaven and earth. 


3 He will not let your foot be moved;
   he who keeps you will not slumber. 
4 He who keeps Israel
   will neither slumber nor sleep. 


5 The Lord is your keeper;
   the Lord is your shade at your right hand. 
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
   nor the moon by night. 


7 The Lord will keep you from all evil;
   he will keep your life. 
8 The Lord will keep
   your going out and your coming in
   from this time on and for evermore.

Bonus text!
Isaiah 52:7


7 How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who announces peace,
who brings good news,
who announces salvation,
who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
























Gracious God, we thank you for all that you have made and that you made everything to be holy and good.

Gracious God, we thank you for your gift of the Psalms that allows us to see the majesty of you Cathedral of Life.

Gracious God. give us peaceful bodies, minds, and spirits wherever we may be and especially out in nature.

Gracious God, we pray that as we are your children may be good stewards of  your Cathedral of Life.

Gracious God, we pray that as we see these peaceful vistas we may  become peacemakers to Your fragile and broken world.

Gracious God,, give us times for self-care and direct our footsteps to where you would have us go.

Gracious God, we pray for all of your most vulnerable children, our brothers and sisters that the my find peace of mind, body, and spirit and not feel lonely or afraid.

Gracious God, we pray for all who are ill that they may be healed from all of their dis-ease and that we may step up to give comfort. show compassion and most of all be loving.

Gracious God we pray for the Family of God that we are members of that we may be united and not divided. May we spread your light to the world and to each other. 

Gracious God, we pray for all who are dying and those who have died. We pray that they may have a peaceful transition into the Thin Places and that they may feel your loving arms of welcome O God.

Gracious God, we pray for all who mourn, give them comfort and may we do the same.

Gracious God we pray for ourselves and on behalf of others remembering_____________

Gracious God guide our steps that we may be led to what we are called to do and be. May we respond with love and an enthusiastic Yes.

Gracious God  protect everyone this night as they rest and prepare for your Sabbath day. We pray especially for all of our family members who are clergy and lay who will be leaders and ministers at worship tomorrow. May those who preach, preach  the Good News boldly and with grace and if necessary speak truth to power and be a voice for  the voiceless.

/All this we ask in the name of Jesus the Christ our Redeemer, Brother, and Friend. Amen.

++++

Good Night Dear Family! I love you and Give thanks to God for you this night and always.
Take time to continue self-care and rest and prepare for Sabbath Care Sunday tomorrow. 


Love, prayers, blessings, peace, and joy be always yours,

Sara



A few  beautiful pieces of music to compliment tonight's blog.

Sheep may safely graze

Pachelbel Canon in D

Psalm 23 -Bobby McFerrin

Paul Winter - Missa Gaia - Earth Mass

No comments:

Post a Comment