Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cancelled flights, thieves on planes, and finding peace at the center! Keeping calm with a heavy carry on!





Dear Family of  Love,

I have returned safely home and with a renewed sense of purpose. Yesterday was one of those days that were both transfigurative and transformative in many ways. Being a Daughter of the King you have a built in family and a whole lot of sisters that are instantly their for you and I am there for them. We don't have to pretend who we are, we can be the beautiful people of God that God has made us to be. Yesterday morning we had a prayer circle and we prayed and then we all went around the circle and said these words "The Christ in Me loves the Christ in you!" This is how I feel about my sisters and our family of love. God is always being inclusive. We have to always be inclusive too and allow ourselves to be included. It isn't always easy but it can be done. After our prayer circle we all packed up and got ready to leave the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway Utah. We said goodbye to Okie DOK-EE the Bear ( My name for him). Four of us went into Park City Utah and shopped Main Street. I love that area. Fits with my cowgirl chic! I can't wait to return. I had a blast with my sisters.Finally we got to the Salt Lake City International Airport. I have to keep reminding me to travel light. God can you help me with this one/? Not an easy task when you are going to be away for most of the the week. I found out that the flight to San Francisco I was supposed to be on was cancelled and I needed to re-book my flight from United to U.S. Airways and travel to Phoenix and then from Phoenix to Santa Barbara. This travel time I did not use any assistance and kept calm with my heavy carry on. I also found that I am no longer rattled by change. Praise God and Yippee Ki (Chai) Yea!
The flight to Phoenix turned out to be a good one but with a catch, there was a thief on the plane who stole one of the flight attendant's credit cards, iPhone, iPad, and a few more items. The thief was apprehended by airport police when they came on the plane to do an investigation.  Not something you can make up! I kept calm and found peace at the center there too. I had forgotten maybe purposely that the Phoenix airport has long hallways to get to the right concourses. Still I was able to walk and get to Gate B5  (Reminded me of the old Word Perfect!) Finally I got to Santa Barbara and checked in to the Goodland hotel and had a wonderful rest.

 The lessons learned on this trip is that what we have been doing with Walk With Me On Our Journey has been invaluable. and that our meditation times give us the courage to accept changes with aplomb. Tonight let us take time to return to our regularly scheduled meditation and prayer time. God is with us!  Tonight let us find peace at the center and feel God's presence here in the midst of us wherever we are.  Tonight's mediation music is this: Durufle- Ubi Caritas and Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis


++++
The Christ in me loves the Christ in you!

God we thank you for the gift of peace that dwells with each and every one of us if we allow ourselves to let you and the "peace that passes all understanding" in and your still small voice in. Help us to be still and know that you are always a Loving and Merciful God. 


God we give thanks for all the men and women of the armed forces throughout the world. We remember those who lost there lives in all wars especially in World War I on the Eleventh hour of the eleventh day or the the Eleventh year in the Twentieth Century.

God we pray that peace may prevail upon this your fragile and broken world.  May we seek to be peacemakers and give love to all of our family members even those who may wish us harm.

God we pray for all those who are near and dear to us who are dying and those who have entered into the Thin Places. We pray for all who mourn their losses. May we step up and give them loving and compassionate comfort.

God we pray for all of our most vulnerable family members and living things that are in danger and who do not have anyone to advocate on their behalf. God give us courage to speak truth to power and be a voice for the voiceless. 

God we pray for the healing of our bodies, minds, and spirits. We offer our prayers for those whom we have been asked to pray remembering__________________

God give us grace to be mindful of others and that we may not lose our manners, graciousness, and kindness. May we return to a common civility towards one another.

God take from us anything that separates us by our words and deeds. May we be truly united as your family O God.

God we pray for a restful and peaceful night. We pray that we may find rest and renewal for our bodies, minds, and spirits. May we awaken  rested, refreshed, renewed, and relaxed to serve you and others.

God may we be transfixed, transformed, and transfigured so that we may accept your call to serve you in your kingdom daily in our own lives and in the lives of others.

God we add our additional prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances now __________ .


God we pray these prayers in the name of  your Son Jesus The Christ our Redeemer, Brother, and Friend. Amen.

The Light of Christ in me recognizes the Christ in you!

+++++
Good night dear family of Love! I love you. I miss each day that we don't get to be connected to each other in some way. I'm glad that we are back together in prayer and in meditation time. May God Bless you this night and always.

Love, blessings, prayers, and in thanksgiving to God for all of you,

Sara 





























Nunc Dimittis- Mix Stanford

Great is the Lord -Elgar


No comments:

Post a Comment