Monday, November 17, 2014

Honoring our bodies means Honoring God!



Dear Family of Love,

It is You Matter Monday again! I hope that everyone is well. I have hit the wall due to all my many back to back travels! It started to hit me last Friday. Boy am I glad that I'm finished with chemo. It makes it much better to tolerate the ongoing side effects like the neuropathy in my hands and feet. I don't know about you but having spider-web feelings in the tips of one's fingers isn't at all fun. I'm blessed that I can still type. God gave me a good afternoon rest period and I'm resting and getting the necessary rejuvenation. I have as my physical fitness friend said to us "Honor what your body is telling you to do today!" So that is what I am endeavoring  to do. I hope everyone in our family are doing just that.  God sometimes puts us on our own kind of Sabbath days not just Sundays. I can't imagine not having a loving and merciful God who gives us the much needed nudges to do just that. We all must remember that our bodies are the temple's of the holy and that by honoring our bodies we are also honoring God who made them and is ever watchful when we don't do as directed. Tonight let us take time to honor our bodies as God wants us to by entering into a time of meditation and prayer We need to relax and rest and take many deep breaths as we listen to the music and relax.  Today's  musical selection comes from Taize-Chwala Panu Complete album Start by closing your eyes and taking many deep and cleansing breaths and then take time inhaling and exhaling. Inhale God's spirit Exhale all the anxieties and fears and all that troubles you . Repeat this:




or
 Let go and let God
Let go 
Let God

Dear Jesus, you taught your disciples to get away from it all and seek times  of rest and prayer. May we do just that as we pray this night. Help us to Let God and Let God.

We pray for all who cannot rest and relax;
Help them to  Let go and Let God.

We pray for all who are battling anxieties, fears, and trouble.
Help them to Let Go and Let God.

We pray for peace in the world and that we may become your Peacemakers.
Help us to be still and know that You are God.

We pray for all those who are awaiting anxiously for your healing of their bodies, minds, and spirits.
Help them to be still and know that You are god.

We pray for all the least of these who are our family members. 
Help us to serve them with loving and compassionate hearts.

We pray for an end to violence of any kind. We pray that  swords may become ploughshares, and spears may be fashioned into pruning hooks. Let Peace and Justice roll down and that a spirit of unity, love, and mercy may prevail.

We pray for all who are seeking new life paths or discerning calls to ministry.
Help them to be sill and listen to you O God.

We pray for anything that is is on our hearts and lays heavy upon our minds this night.
May we learn to let go  and let God.

We pray for all those who are transitioning into The Thin Places and those who are pre-grieving losses yet to come. 
Help us to wait in loving patience and when it is time Let Go and Let God carry their loved ones home to their new mansion fit for them.

We pray this night for all who have asked us for prayer and we pray for ourselves remembering especially_________________________
May our prayers rise as incense to your Son Jesus the Christ. Amen.


+++++

Good Night Family of Love. I love you. May we all remember that tomorrow is Take Care Tuesday and that we take care of ourselves and each other.  I give thanks to God for you this day and always.


Love, prayers, and blessings!

Sara

























Matthew 11:28New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

28 “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.










No comments:

Post a Comment