Thursday, October 23, 2014

A quiet Thursday being grateful for all of our family members and that means you dear ones!





Dear Family of Love,

Today has been a quiet Thursday being grateful for all of our family members and that means all of you dear ones. We need to begin designating each and every Thursday as a day for Thanksgiving because Thanksgiving is on November 27 and that means it is little over a month away. Gratitude needs to be a part of our lives every minute, we live, move, or just be. Tonight we need to take time to do our gratitude list. With everything our world and we ourselves are going through, we all need to be grateful more than ever. God loves to hear all the things we are thankful for, and when we show our gratitude. Let us begin by writing down our gratitude and thanksgiving list. Tonight we don't need to take our our timers and mindfulness apps. We will take our time while we listen to the following music.Thanksgiving Music Mix

Here is my gratitude list for this evening:

I'm grateful to God for God and God's Love,
I'm grateful for my big family who loves and sustains me.
I'm grateful for my medical team who along with God are healing me.
I'm grateful for a home in which to live.
I'm grateful for 'Walk With Me On Our Journey"
I'm grateful for the ability to love and receive love.
I'm grateful for the ability to write and inspire and give hope to others.
I'm grateful for art and cultural pursuits that expands my mind and heart.
I'm grateful for all that I have.
I'm grateful for my faith in God and the ministerial path God has set my feet on.
I'm grateful for all that challenges me and teaches me how to be resilient.


+++++++++

Gracious God we offer before you our gratitude list no matter how large or small. May we read the list aloud and take time while we pray.

Gracious God we pray for all who teach and those who learn and especially all of our family members who are taking and preparing for exams.

Gracious God lay your healing hands upon all who are ill that they may be relieved and comforted.

Gracious God we pray for peace in the world and that we may be united as one loving family under God.

Gracious God we pray for the people in Canada and Ottawa that their hearts may be quieted and that they may be comforted as they grieve the losses  the two Canadian soldiers. We pray also for the family of the shooter and that we may recognize that  just because one converts to a faith it doesn't always make them bad people.

Gracious God we pray for the least of these and that we may have the ability to respond to their needs lovingly.

Gracious God Challenge us to be better family members one to another and that we may be grateful for each other's gifts and skills.

Gracious God we pray for your beautiful Cathedral of Life and that we may be loving conservationists of the Earth and all Living things. We pray for rain in the drought parched ares of the world and in our country.

Gracious God we give thanks for all the many faiths, peoples, cultures, that you created so that we wouldn't have to live in a boring world together.

Gracious God we pray this night for __________________________

Gracious God we  give thanks to you for___________________________

Gracious God we celebrate___________________________________

Gracious  God we remember those who are dying and have died today that they had a peaceful journey into the  Thin places. We pray for all who mourn and are grieving any loss.  May we be sources of comfort and compassion.

Gracious God we lift these our prayers to you  in the name of  your son Jesus. Amen.


++++++

Good Night Dear Family of Love. May you all have a restful and peaceful night knowing that I love you and give thanks to God for you always. Remember tomorrow is Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly without Fretting. Take time to begin to write down those things that worry, make you anxious or  fear and get them ready to be placed in the Worry/ Sabbath box.


With love, peace, prayers and God's blessings!

Sara




























No comments:

Post a Comment