Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Let's celebrate the end of Chemo and the new journey called survivorship. We are now called to be courageous, resilient, loving, tender-hearted, and compassionate now more than ever.




Dear Family of Love !

It's time to celebrate! Click this link for our celebration overture  Sound the Bells John Williams !
Today we completed our last chemo cycle ! Even though I still have the pump Dr. Vara considers it as  a completion of all 12 cycles. Yippee, Hurray, Happy dance time. I told many of you who are on Facebook that I feel like dancing ans and singing in the universe. I do  with a few tears and emotions put together. As we finish this leg of the Can the Cancer Journey we begin the next leg called survivorship and finding balance with a new and blessed normal. Survivorship is an important part of  helping us get on to a new path with more sure footing on this leg of the journey. We are now called to be courageous, resilient, loving, tender-hearted, and compassionate now more than ever. Sometimes chemo can make us selfish but in my case it has helped me become self-less. We need to become balanced between self care and selflessness. I invite everyone to meditate on those two concepts this week. Speaking of meditation look what is on the cover of "Scientific American"  I haven't read the peace but it looks inviting.



Tonight let's make a celebration list to meditate on give thanks to God for all these things we have to celebrate. Tonight's celebration  and meditation music is this: Vivaldi Gloria Mix or Coronation Te Deum- Walton.

Here is my celebration list!

I celebrate being a beloved Child of God.
I celebrate being a redeemed person under Christ.
I celebrate new life and the newness I have each moment of the day and in the days to come.
I celebrate Love and the love I have for all of you each moment that I live and breathe.
I celebrate each of you my dear family,
I celebrate the end of chemo and the beginning of survivorship!
I celebrate our times as God calls us to "Walk With Me On Our Journey"
I celebrate all of our family members who make us better people.
I celebrate all the little things in life. 
I celebrate humor and the joy it brings.
I celebrate most of all my Faith in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
I celebrate all things that make me resilient and give me courage to as in St.Paul's letter to the Philippians "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
I celebrate many more things that make me have an attitude of gratitude and thanksgiving.

++++++
Jesus we thank you for times of celebration that remind us to have joy in our lives. We remember all the times you celebrated with your family members who you chose and loved unconditionally and inclusively. 

Jesus we thank you for redeeming us and making us wholly whole once and for all and not some.

Jesus we pray and give thanks for the least of these and help us always to recognize you  in them.

Jesus, we pray for all those who are in need of healing may they be healed according to your will and in God's time.

Jesus, we give thanks for you and all that you do for us daily.

God of Love  we pray for peace in the world and that we may be given the task to help make peace in the world not only with our words but in our deeds.

God of Love continue to take us on journeys that demand the best of us and that we may not fear where you are calling us and leading us.

God of Love, May we shine your love light to the world and to each other even our enemies and those who hate us.

God of Love, help us always to be resilient and have an attitude of gratitude and never take the abundance you give us for granted.

Spirit of Love empower us to love unconditionally with joy in our ever expanding hearts.

Spirit of love  send us joyfully to serve one another in God's fragile and broken world.

Spirit of Love steady our feet when we begin to feel doubt or unsure where God is leading us.

Spirit of Love may we be the hands, feet, voices, eyes, to serve , love, and show mercy to all.

We offer our own prayers and those on behalf of others remembering especially___________

We  pray our own  celebration list now with loving , joyful, humble, and grateful hearts. (Take time to do this slowly)

We lift up these our prayers, celebrations, remembrances, and thanksgivings in the name of Jesus the Christ. Amen.

Good Night Dear Family of Love ! I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always.
As the Maurice Sendak said in WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE "LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN! " maybe not so wild due to the time of day!

With love,joy,hope, peace, and thanksgiving abounding!

Sara









































No comments:

Post a Comment