Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chemo Pump #11 is down! And it's down the stretch I come!




Dear Family of Love!

Chemo Pump #11 is down and it's down the stretch I come! Yippee cay Yea! When I began this odyssey of canning the Cancer I didn't think that I would make it,but with God's help and all of your prayers I did. When one is diagnosed with cancer you never know what twists and turns one would encounter. I'm grateful that it has been smooth sailing all the way. Gratitude is very important when you are facing anything. We always have something to be thankful for even in our darkest hours. We all need to find a time to be thoughtful and thankful. When we do this we will find our lives much happier and on course. Life's journey is never easy but with the added dimension of having God continually at our sides we cannot lose. Remember the Gratitude, Thankfulness, and Thoughtfulness list that I asked you to write last evening? Take it out now and let's go deeper into meditation and go through the list slowly with intention.  Please take out your lists, timers, mindfulness apps and music. Tonight's musical selection is Gratitude Subliminal MP3

Now as you begin to listen to the nature sounds let your hearts and minds be still and that you may go  deeper into peace's center. Find that special place where you and God or Higher Power meet. Take out your list and tell God what you are most thankful for: Say the list either aloud our silently to God and yourself. 

I am thankful for God who made me.
I am thankful for my Faith in God who sustains me.
I am thankful for my life.
I am thankful for laughter and love.
I am thankful for God's abundance, love, mercy, and inclusion.
I am thankful for all of you dear family.
I am thankful for clothes to wear, a roof over my head, and food to eat.
I am thankful for the many healing prayers said for me during this journey with cancer.
I am thankful for many diverse ministries that God has called me to and set before me.
I am thankful for the little joys that mean so much. 
I am thankful that I can love others as God loves me.
I am thankful  that I am courageous enough to live alone.
I am thankful for peace in my heart.

Now as we turn our hearts towards our time of prayer  we ask that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit be in our midst.  We give thanks for their loving and sustaining presence in our hearts, bodies, minds, and spirits and most especially in our lives.

We pray especially this night for all those who have been affected by police shootings in the Shaw Neighborhood in St. Louis. We pray for the families, victims, and the communities. We also lift up the city of Ferguson  for peace and understanding and an alleviation of all tensions.  We thank you for the clergy who are silently protesting. 

We pray this night for peace in God's fragile and broken world. May we as Children of God become blessed peacemakers and help soothe and care for the tenderhearted who are living in fear, terror, and adversity.

We pray this night for all those who are in need of healing of body, mind, and spirit. We pray for the healing of those who are living with chronic and mental illnesses. May we as their caregivers and friends offer them solace and a soft place in which to fall. We remember them now by name____________

We pray this night for all those who are the least of these that  they may find shelter, food, and clothing. Give us courage to step up and help . 

We pray for all agencies and organizations that help minister to the needs of children, women, those who have been abused, chronic disease research and patient care.  We remember especially this month: All Breast Cancer foundations, A.I.D.S. foundations, and Alzheimer's foundations.

We pray for all faith communities and the clergy who minister to them . We pray for a climate of love, dignity, and respect for all our family members who differ from us and that we may grow in love and unity towards and with them.

We pray and give thanks for all Caregivers: Remembering : Family members, Clergy, home health, hospice workers, mortuary ministries, EMTs., Police, Firefighters, Troops, day care workers, teachers and anyone else who provides care and protection for us. 

We pray this night for all refugees,immigrants, captives, political prisoners, prisoners, those who are victims of human trafficking and slavery. and all who are in danger and have been victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse.

We especially pray for all the leaders of  the nations of the world and especially our President that they may do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with their God and that they may have the courage to lead in times of trouble and in times of plenty.

We add our additional prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and celebrations to you  Lord Jesus as we pray lovingly in their names  and ours ________________ We pray these our prayers in Jesus most holy and life giving name. Amen.


++++++++++

Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always. Remember that we all must put on an attitude of gratitude and show that gratitude to all people. We all must start living by example. We need to walk the walk and talk the talk. Don't forget tomorrow is the day where we  put all our worries, fears, anxieties into the Worry/Sabbath box until Monday! Tomorrow is Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly without Fretting.

With love, peace, and joy and abundant gratitude, 

Sara

More pictures during the time of diagnosis and treatment. Tomorrow we will have a few from this month tomorrow.
























If ye love me -Tallis

Spem in Alium -Tallis

Ralph Vaughan Williams Mix









No comments:

Post a Comment