Monday, October 20, 2014

The Final chemo Countdown begins! A reflection and an invitation to reconnect with our precious family members.




Good Evening Family of Love!

We are into the final chemo countdown! I'm keep asking myself how I feel about this? I don't know if it makes any sense but I feel like I'm pre-grieving a loss of a friend. Chemo as a friend you ask? Yes ! I have become accustomed to going in to Mission Hope Cancer Center every two weeks. My medical team have become my family. I have gone through my cancer treatments without my blood family checking on me. This makes me sad. I know I could have reached out to them but they wouldn't know what to do. I'm very grateful for all of  you who are my family because you  have been there when it counted. God has been in the midst of all this supplying me with courage, strength, and providing me with what I call starch. God truly is with us every day no matter what. We all need to lean on God and each other in good times and bad. Tonight I would like us to make a list of all our loved ones who we haven't been in contact with and pray for them. Are there any of your loved ones friends that you feel estranged from? Put them on the top of the list along with those you may not like. Each person that you have on the list pray for them and  make an effort to  contact them but phone, letter, or email. It won't be easy but we all must become wholly connected one to another. I  invite you to begin reconnecting with our precious family members. What do we have to lose?

Tonight's list making and meditative music is this: Christe Lux Mundi - Taize 

God who made us family, may we reconnect and become united with all of our family members.

God who made us family, may we look out and care for those who may feel alone and invisible.

God who made us family , help us to help all those who  need us to advocate  for them by using our voices, feet, writing, and arms.

God who made us family, help us to help you be caring for our family members who need us to be by their sides while they heal from illness.

God who made us family, may we always help care for the most vulnerable members of our family. This night we remember children, elderly, and those with mental illness.

God who made us family, help us to console those who mourn/ 

God who made us family, help us to be loving to all and practice and make peace wherever we go.

God who made us family, we pray for the least of these.

God who made us family, we pray for all of our family members  remembering especially_____________

God who made us family, we pray for all living things that connects us to the earth.

God who made us family, we pray for peace in all the world and in the war torn areas of the world that we may learn to love one another and sew seeds of love, hope, peace, justice, and universal human rights.

God who made us family, we pray this night for all who are lost,  homeless, hungry, and are estranged from their family members.

God who made us family, may we be united in loving acceptance with all faith communities and learn what unites us rather than separates us.

God who made us family, we lift up these our prayers in the name of your son Jesus, Amen.

++++++

Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always. Tomorrow  other than being hopefully my last chemo treatment, it is also Take Care Tuesday.  May we all rejoice that we are truly family and that is a gift from God.


With Love, prayers, and blessings from your sister,'


Sara

















Some photos from the Santa Maria Inn today! Halloween is in full swing!














Let's start the celebration with Bobby McFerrin, Circle Song One and mix

Bobby McFerrin -Everytime mix

Bobby McFerrin Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment