Tuesday, March 4, 2014

And so our version of the Magical Mystery Tour Begins!


Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey,

Today our version of the Magical Mystery Tour began in earnest. Getting to know how to navigate in new medical surroundings and learn procedures is kind of fun. Having Cancer is not fun but learning new things from a different point of view is. For many years I had the honor and privilege to take care of my mother, Steve, and now my dad. Complex medical issues for each of them and for a long time I thought I was going to escape the reality of having cancer but I was mistaken.  Now we are here and 24 hours later after The Big Reveal , I can honestly say that by the grace of God I am doing well. All on account of God, your prayers and also a big heaping helping of your love and support. Tonight we are on the verge of Lent. Remember last evening's blog remember our goal for this Lent and beyond is connecting and reconnecting with our family members and showing this broken world we are loving, merciful, and just people.  I'm not giving up anything this year but I will be taking Lenten studies online. I ask that you take on something and place something or someone's name that has been worrying or troubling you into your Lenten Sabbath Box  and leave it there in God's care until Easter. See how you do! Here are a few things you all have to remind me  in the coming months!

And this one!


*******************

Lord God we pray for all of our family members today who are facing new challenges of life.

We pray for our family members who are in danger throughout the world at this moment remembering the Ukraine, Venezuela, Syria, Uganda, Nigeria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and  South Sudan.

For the homeless, hungry, lonely and all those who lack resources and support systems.

We pray for all of our family members who haven't been brought fully into humanity's circle of love, acceptance, and equality.

Giving thanks For new beginnings and journeys that take us to unexpected places and ministerial possibilities by God's wonderful leading, guiding, and path directing. 

We pray for this night____________________

We give thanks to God for our many blessings and__________________________

We celebrate life and ___________________________

We remember and pray for those near death and those who have died and gone to their new home in the Thin Places.

We lay our prayers before you O Lord of Love. We ask this in Jesus our redeemer's name. Amen.
***********************



That's all for tonight! I love you and give God thanks for you my dear family of Love!

Love and feeling at peace,

Sara


Cancer Diary Day Two
 Had a good appointment with Dr. Vara. Had my first lab work and now am awaiting to hear when I have my CT scan. Met with my friend who has helped me navigate all things cancer related when Steve was living. Funny thing Jenni and I were wearing almost identical outfits. Shed a few tears this morning but I guess that goes with the territory and terra incognita! I feel all of your love and presence too which helps me meet each minute with grace and peace of mind. I love you!



A few photos from tonight's walk:













What the World Needs Now

That's what Friends are For

Hakuna Matata

Can You Feel the Love Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment