Thursday, March 13, 2014

It's Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday Again!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey,

Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday is here again! Welcome to our day of counting our blessings and not our worries, anxieties, and needless fears. What do you have to be Thankful for today? Can you as the song says "Count your blessings one by one?' I hope so! I'm going to count mine right here and right now!
I won't use numbered bullet points! Here it goes:
I'm thankful for :
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and the whole Company of Heaven
God's Cathedral of Life
 All of you my family of Love
My faith and church family here and beyond
Being a Daughter of the King
For the various ministries God has given me.
Being able to write this blog.
Being able to prayer walk 
My medical team
Courage
Strength
A loving and compassionate heart etc.

If we do this everyday we won't feel like we are overwhelmed by worry and our lives will take on new meaning. I think it's time to get the Sabbath/Worry Box out for each of us.Let's write down all our cares, worries, fears and anything else that is preventing us from being close to the Holy, and put them in a box every night and then again on Sunday or your chosen days and times for Sabbath Rest and do as the song in Frozen says "Let It Go!"

Tonight I won't be writing prayers for you. I think you can do that yourself. I'm getting you ready for the day in two weeks when I have surgery. Have no fear ( False Evidence Appearing Real) You will have something written early in the day. 

Here are categories to  help you pray:

Troubled places in the world,
Religious leaders (Lay and ordained) from all over the faith spectrum.
Family members who are ill
Family members who are in mourning and in the long journey of the grieving process.
For all those who are victims of violence and abuse.
For ________________
We Give thanks for____________________________
We Celebrate____________________________
We Remember__________________________
For all those who have been displaced by natural or gas leak disasters.
For Rain and conservation of water during the drought. For those still in frozen and icy conditions.
Add anything you like.
For the families and friends of those on the Malaysian Air Flight and those who perished.
Women and Children and an end to Violence against women and Girls
The people of  Harlem,
Those who have been in senseless hit and run accidents for those who were wounded and those who have lost their lives.

**********************************

I wish you all a blessed night and a peaceful easy and beautiful sleep. I love you and Give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Love and still with a peaceful mind,

Sara

















Loreena McKennitt Mix



No comments:

Post a Comment